PDA

View Full Version : O'Donnell's Creepy Campaign Ad!! A Real NUT!

Gayle in MD
10-05-2010, 01:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Johnathan Capeheart
O'Donnell: 'I'm you.' And I'm creeped out.

A key rule in public relations, especially in crisis PR, is don't repeat a negative. Christine O'Donnell, the erstwhile witchcraft-dabbling Republican candidate for Senate in Delaware, has broken this edict big time with her first campaign ad. But leave aside her out-of-the-gate "I am not a witch" declaration. What creeped me out was her other pronouncement: "I am you." If you're me, then I'm in serious trouble.

If O'Donnell is me, that means I've been sued five times by my university since 1994 for unpaid tuition. It means the IRS placed a lien against me for unpaid taxes and penalties. It means the mortgage company sued me and won a judgment of more than $90,000 against me after I stopped making payments on my house in 2008. It means that the Federal Elections Commission has cited me eight times for not reporting contributions between 2007 and 2009. It means a campaign watchdog group has filed a complaint against me for using campaign funds to pay my bills. And this is just the financial stuff.

If O'Donnell is me, then that means I question evolution; I think masturbation goes against God's teaching in the Bible; I mislead people into thinking I studied at Oxford; I believe that American scientists have made mice with fully functioning human brains, and I believe that the Chinese are trying to take over the United States based on "classified information that I am privy to...."

People have money troubles. People pad their resumes. People might even live on the grassy knoll of conspiracy theories. But when one person is a roiling mix of all three, you better watch out. By saying she's not perfect, O'Donnell is not only stating the obvious, she's also trying to make a virtue of her many troubles without talking about serious issues. Voters send people to Washington because they believe the person they've pulled the lever for has the judgment, temperament and smarts to make the right decisions for their state and for the country. If I lived in Delaware, and if, as O'Donnell says, she's me, I wouldn't want me anywhere near Washington.

</div></div>
Watch this creepy ad here:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/postpar...id=opinionsbox1 (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/postpartisan/2010/10/odonnell_im_you_and_im_creeped.html?hpid=opinionsb ox1)

pooltchr
10-05-2010, 03:09 PM
When she said "I am you", I doubt if she was talking to you left wing radical Obamatrons. I don't think she has much in common with you.

In fact, there are very few people who would have much in common with you when it comes to politics.

Steve

Gayle in MD
10-06-2010, 07:13 AM
Up-date, she's now saying that she has classified documentation that China is secretly planning to invade us, LMAO!
Man, this RWer almost makes Paliln and Backman seem normal! LMAO

Her ad, "I am you" reminded me of Linda Tripp, after which the whole country screamed out, NO YOU AREN"T Linda, not all of us stab our girlfriends in the back with hidden taping systems.

Well, I've seen it all, now, a contender for the Senate, starts her campaign ad with "I am not a witch"

BWA HA HA HA!!!!

The loons ae taking over.

G.

G.

pooltchr
10-06-2010, 08:59 AM
I am surprised that someone as politically astute as yourself hasn't felt the need to comment on SC Senate Democrat candidate Alvin Greene.

Greene is the ultimate nut job. You should hear what people around here are saying about him. Even the SC Dem committee refuses to support him.

Steve