PDA

View Full Version : The (RW) Terrorists Next Door

Gayle in MD
10-06-2010, 12:05 PM
http://www.terroristnextdoor.com/

THE MILITIA MOVEMENT AND THE RADICAL RIGHT

by Daniel Levitas

September 11, 2001, focused America’s attention on the terrorist threat from abroad, but as the World Trade Center towers collapsed, domestic right wing hate groups were celebrating in the United States. “Hallelu-Yahweh! May the WAR be started! DEATH to His enemies, may the World Trade Center BURN TO THE GROUND!” exulted August Kreis of the paramilitary group, the Posse Comitatus. “We can blame no others than ourselves for our problems due to the fact that we allow …Satan’s children, called jews today, to have dominion over our lives (sic).” The Terrorist Next Door reveals the men behind far right groups like the Posse Comitatus – Latin for “power of the county” - and the ideas that inspired their attempts to bring about a racist revolution in the United States.

Timothy McVeigh was executed for killing 168 people when he bombed the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in 1995, but The Terrorist Next Door goes well beyond the destruction in Oklahoma City and takes readers deeper and more broadly inside the Posse and other groups that make up the paramilitary right. It tells the story of men like William Potter Gale, a retired Army officer and the founder of the Posse Comitatus whose hate-filled sermons and calls to armed insurrection have fueled generations of tax protesters, militiamen and other anti-government zealots since the 1960s.

Written by Daniel Levitas, a national expert on the origins and activities of white supremacist and neo-Nazi groups, <span style='font-size: 11pt'>The Terrorist Next Door is carefully researched and includes rich detail from official documents (including the FBI), private archives and confidential sources never before disclosed. Among other things, Levitas explains how the racist and anti-Semitic campaigns of segregationists in the 1950s and ‘60s gained ground in the Cold War climate that polarized politics following World War II. </span>
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>The book also traces the history of the right wing tax protest movement and offers the first definitive account of how the radical right preyed on financially troubled farmers during the agricultural crisis of the 1970s and ‘80s. </span>
In detailing these and other developments, Levitas provides a compelling factual narrative while also arguing that the danger posed by the radical right as a social movement goes far beyond the criminality and violence common among its organizers and adherents.

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>The greatest challenge, he points out, stems from the success that groups like the Posse have had in spreading their ideas from the margins into the political mainstream. </span>

Excerpt from second link, where one can read the entire first chapter.

Gale's beliefs were rooted in a long history of radical right-wing thought in the United States. A decade before the Kansas broadcast, and almost twenty-five years before a pair of antigovernment zealots Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols-bombed the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, Gale hoped to lay the groundwork for a violent revolution by creating a paramilitary group known as the Posse Comitatus. Latin for "power of the county," the term refers to the medieval British practice of summoning a group of men to aid the sheriff in keeping the peace by pursuing and arresting lawbreakers. While the historic role of a posse comitatus had been to aid civil authorities in suppressing violence and vigilantism, Bill Gale's revision stood this ancient practice on its head-his posse was devoted to promoting armed insurrection. Under Gale's definition, anyone could call out the Posse, not just the sheriff, and if government officials attempted to enforce "unlawful" legislation the Posse could arrest and put them on trial with a "citizens' jury." Although others later claimed the credit, it was Bill Gale who first developed and popularized the strategy. And it was Gale's encouragement that prompted right-wing militants to form local Posse chapters to mobilize against blacks, Jews, and other perceived enemies of the Republic, including government officials they said were subverting the intent of the Constitution. Building on the bigotry of Christian Identity theology and his involvement with the radical right after he left the army in 1950, Bill Gale popularized a set of ideas that have influenced anti-government activists to the present day. After founding the Posse Comitatus in the 1970s, Gale helped launch the Christian Patriot movement in the 1980s. And long before the first so-called "citizens' militias" appeared in the 1990s, Gale had introduced the concept of private armies and the "unorganized militia."

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/11/17/books/chapters/1117-1st-levitas.html

Note, Timothy McVeigh, was also a right wing zealot!

Deeman3
10-06-2010, 12:22 PM
If they are the threat this nut believes, equal of moreso than the Muslims, they certainly have a good way of hiding. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Most are hiding and living off beans in the backwoods of Michigan, Ohio and WesT Virginia and,like the Hell's Angels, the majority are in prison or sso afraid of their own shadow they rarely peek their sheet covered heads out.

Come on, Gayle, you gotta be able to do better than this. When you show up at Clobert's "Keep Fear Alive" party in Washington, be sure to count a little better this time! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Not a word about the Mexican gangs killing scores of innocent Americans and Mexicans or the Muslim on Muslim killings all around the world but let a half dozen idiots show up to protest an abortion clinic or some lame wannabe deputy sherrif volunteering to hold the crowds back at a rock concert and you and the Times make it a major story. Well, a major story of that is all you have fomr the far, far left. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Did you see what happens to the right wing tax protesters who don't pay their taxes? The same as happens to Westley Snipes. Some dangerous power group! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif If we would do the same with the tax dodgers in Obama's cabinet, maybe we would have saved a few hundred billion wasted on their polcies.....

Goggle them, that might buy you some believability. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sev
10-06-2010, 02:45 PM
HAHHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!

hondo
10-06-2010, 03:02 PM
I believe their leader is some guy named Al Cracker.

hondo
10-06-2010, 03:05 PM
I got drunk with one of the militia guys a few years ago.
We talked for about an hour and I agreed with everything he said.
Then he started talking about the GD Jews and GDNs and I got the hell out of Dodge!

Gayle in MD
10-07-2010, 12:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If they are the threat this nut believes, equal of moreso than the Muslims, they certainly have a good way of hiding. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<span style="color: #FF0000">Irrelevant, and off subject. </span>

Most are hiding and living off beans in the backwoods of Michigan, Ohio and WesT Virginia and,like the Hell's Angels, the majority are in prison or sso afraid of their own shadow they rarely peek their sheet covered heads out.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Do give us a link to this estimate, of yours, that you pulled right out of the southern air. </span>

Come on, Gayle, you gotta be able to do better than this. When you show up at Clobert's "Keep Fear Alive" party in Washington, be sure to count a little better this time! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<span style="color: #FF0000">Again, off subject, and irrelevent to the discussion at hand. </span>

Not a word about the Mexican gangs killing scores of innocent Americans and Mexicans <span style="color: #FF0000"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>You can thanks your boy Reagan for that, friend. </span> </span> or the Muslim on Muslim killings all around the world <span style="color: #FF0000"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>You mean the attacks you said wouldn't happen, because they'd all be so distracted with killing our troops, and the innocent Iraqi's in Iraq???? Yeah, I heard about it, the question is, DID YOU, and don't you feel a little foolish now, about you're former statements and predictions? </span> </span>

but let a half dozen idiots show up to protest an abortion clinic or some lame wannabe deputy sherrif volunteering to hold the crowds back at a rock concert and you and the Times make it a major story. Well, a major story of that is all you have fomr the far, far left. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<span style="color: #FF6666">I'd think a Republican would be the last one who thought he'd have the skinny on who is making a mountain out of a mole hill, after jumping to support Bush's Iraq invasion, based on his BS about deterring the big Mushroom clouds, that didn't exist. [/color] /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Did you see what happens to the right wing tax protesters who don't pay their taxes? The same as happens to Westley Snipes. Some dangerous power group! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif If we would do the same with the tax dodgers in Obama's cabinet, maybe we would have saved a few hundred billion wasted on their polcies.....

Goggle them, that might buy you some believability. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

[color:#FF6666]You do some googling, friend, You're the one who was off the mark in the prediction category, obviously!

Bush's 3.9trillion in costs for his unpaid for tax cuts, trillions more for unpaid prescription drug program, Republican's earmark record breaking spending, Bush's 10 tillion dollar unpaid war costs, for his cowboy wars in the Middle East, including the higher oil costs, and resulting higher food costs and higher energy costs, directly connected to his so called "War On Terror" which expanded the al Qaeda Franchisee, and damaged the effort to end their recruitment, actually giving them more opportunities to expand, and attack more all over the world, which you voted for twice, yet you have the moxy to yap about a few mistakes on tax returns????

UNBRELIEVABLE! BWA HA HA HA....talk about penny wise, and pound foolish...that takes the cake! </span>
<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>I thought it was an interestiing article, which, no one forced you to read.

Given that our own Homeland Security, and several other social and historical, respected, research centers and think tanks, believe this is a growing threat, frankly, Deeman, your sarcasm is off the mark, IMO.

No where Have I ever stated that al Qaeda isn't a threat, but you continuously use such irrelevant and ridiculous comparisons, without seeming to realize, they have no part in the discussion at hand.

Limited perspective, of a gun lover, maybe?

We have a very radical RW element in our society, that is a growing danger, regardless of whether you prefer to joke and get sarcastic about it, or not, it does exist, and this irrelevant and uneducated response, doesn't change the facts, at all.

But then, you are the one who kept saying that the war in Iraq, would distract the whole of al Qaeda, and lesson their attacks. I guess we know how off the mark, that prediction was, huh?

So, I have the estimates of our Homeland Security, AND the FBI, whatcha got to show for your foolish statements. Your Record on predictions is already pretty dismal, but, apparently, you haven't learned any modesty or humility, from your dismal record.

G.</span></span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Deeman3
10-07-2010, 01:47 PM
yle,

I'd certainlyu respond if I could see the link between any of these subjects you are ranting about here.

You will have your crazy, jaded view, no matter what we say or show you.

It is hilarious to think you would really fear the few kooks you bring upthan the ones who have actually done any damage in the past decade.

I think you are now just arguing with yourself.

Have fun.

pooltchr
10-07-2010, 02:24 PM
I wonder if she feels safer traveling through the rural highly Republican states, or the typically highly Democratic inner city areas of any major city in the country?

I know which one I choose.

Steve

Gayle in MD
10-07-2010, 07:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got drunk with one of the militia guys a few years ago.
Then he started talking about the GD Jews and GDNs and I got the hell out of Dodge! </div></div>

They (RW Tea Party types) are all that way, when they think nobody's looking.
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Gayle in MD
10-07-2010, 07:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yle,

I'd certainlyu respond if I could see the link between any of these subjects you are ranting about here.

You will have your crazy, jaded view, no matter what we say or show you.

It is hilarious to think you would really fear the few kooks you bring upthan the ones who have actually done any damage in the past decade.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Oh really? It'a hilarious to me that you think you know more than the FBI and the Homeland Security Agency, AND the NSE.... </span>

I think you are now just arguing with yourself.

Have fun. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">I have the documentation, whatcha got Dee? Just more sarcasism?

G</span>

hondo
10-07-2010, 09:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got drunk with one of the militia guys a few years ago.
Then he started talking about the GD Jews and GDNs and I got the hell out of Dodge! </div></div>

They (RW Tea Party types) are all that way, when they think nobody's looking.
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif </div></div>

Trust me, Gayle, they wouldn't want this guy at their tea party.
As I said, I agreed with most of what he said til he started hating on blacks and Jews.
I knew there was no use to argue with him. I just left.

Much of his rants, however, were against much of what you and I dislike also.

Gayle in MD
10-08-2010, 05:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If they are the threat this nut believes, equal of moreso than the Muslims, they certainly have a good way of hiding. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Not a word about the Mexican gangs killing scores of innocent Americans and Mexicans or the Muslim on Muslim killings all around the world but let a half dozen idiots show up to protest an abortion clinic or some lame wannabe deputy sherrif volunteering to hold the crowds back at a rock concert and you and the Times make it a major story. Well, a major story of that is all you have fomr the far, far left. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Goggle them, that might buy you some believability. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If they are the threat this nut believes, equal of moreso than the Muslims, You certainly have a good way of hiding. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">You see, right there, in your first sentence, you immediately went completely off the subject of the thread, and into a rant, that had absolutely nothing whatsoever, to do with the subject matter.

G.</span>

pooltchr
10-08-2010, 06:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="color: #FF0000">You see, right there, in your first sentence, you immediately went completely off the subject of the thread, and into a rant, that had absolutely nothing whatsoever, to do with the subject matter.

G.</span> </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>LMAO!!! Gayle calling anyone out for not staying on topic!!! Now THAT'S funny!!!!!!!!!

Steve </span>

eg8r
10-08-2010, 08:47 AM
And how does you pointing it out twice do anything for the subject?

eg8r