PDA

View Full Version : No more morphine

Mr Ingrate
08-30-2002, 01:59 PM
Hi All,

I'm home from the hospital with my waste management system further reduced, but still operating at the same location. The operation, on the 20th, took about 6 hours and my colo-rectal surgeon was able to re-attach me. I'll probably have to be damn sure I know where all the bathrooms are located.

Read Bob Campbell's book, "Do it for the game". Bob was kind enough to send it to me and I read it in the hospital. I highly recommend it.

I tire easily but am in good spirits and looking forward to getting back on the table.

=k=
08-30-2002, 02:03 PM
hello mr ingrate.. wishing you a speedy recovery.. k

MikeM
08-30-2002, 02:10 PM
Welcome back! Glad to hear your all in one piece. I wish you a speedy recovery.

MM...bummer about the morphine though /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Kato
08-30-2002, 02:14 PM
Hey that's great Dave. Glad to see that all your stuff is in working order. No more morphine? Bummer.

Kato~~~on percs as we speak.

WaltVA
08-30-2002, 02:37 PM
Dave - Glad to hear you're home and on the mend. Hope you're hittin' em good soon.

Walt in Va

PQQLK9
08-30-2002, 03:11 PM
Welcome home big guy....I did receive the tapes yesterday (THU.)...will forward them on Mon. thanks again

Lester
08-30-2002, 03:19 PM
>>>>>Mend up quick Dave, as the CCB has been goin straight to hell in a hand-basket without ya! ****Lester****

Rod
08-30-2002, 03:25 PM
Dave, glad to hear you come back in one peice. Well you might be missing parts of some peices, but the point is your ok. Get well soon, I know you hear those balls hitting the back of the pockets now!

Barbara
08-30-2002, 03:45 PM
Welcome back Big Guy!! /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

Hope you and Joanne are doing well! (especially you!)

Barbara

stickman
08-30-2002, 04:17 PM
I'm so happy that things worked out better than anticipated. I wish you a speedy recovery.

08-30-2002, 04:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Mr Ingrate:</font><hr> Hi All,

am in good spirits and looking forward to getting back on the table. <hr></blockquote>

somehow, i think you've spent quite enough time on the table for any six people. now, you need to get back to being "around the table".

maybe they need to start working with zippers or velcro or something.

dave...the energizer bunny!

dan

08-30-2002, 04:30 PM
Although I am new here I would like to wish you a full and speedy recovery.
FatSam

Voodoo Daddy
08-30-2002, 07:17 PM
Geez Dave, quit slackin' off and get better already will ya? Hope you get it together soon...your sorely missed {as Voodoo listens to The Beatsie Boys "Brass Monkey", he prays for Dave}

Fran Crimi
08-30-2002, 07:53 PM
Hey, that's excellent news, Dave. I was just thinking about you yesterday, wondering if the Man from Nantucket was going to have to be carrying his guts in a bucket. Glad to hear it all worked out well.

Have a speedy recovery.

Fran

08-30-2002, 09:22 PM
Dave, welcome back. I was wondering where you went. They went in on me twice. Hate to break the news to you but you can forget about doing situps any more. Glad you are back. I'm also glad you read the book and liked it. Maybe it has one of those CATCHER IN THE RYE things. You know, first read it on morphine, then do it sober. See which is better.(Way back in the 60's, after reading CITR, I was told to read it every ten years and I would get a new prospective each time. I gave up in the 80's when it was apparent that Holden Caufield was a spoiled rich kid that was a total whack job).

Keep plugging in.

Bob Campbell
www.doitforthegame.com (http://www.doitforthegame.com)

08-31-2002, 02:58 AM
Hi Dave.
Glad to hear your doing well. Just take all the time you need to get better. And take it easy when you first start playing again. It's good to have you back.

Rich R.
08-31-2002, 05:02 AM
I'm happy to hear the good news Dave. Welcome back. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
Rich R.

Wally_in_Cincy
08-31-2002, 08:59 AM
That's good news Dave. I did pray for you.

In light of things this is an unimportant question but did you get the rest of the WPC on tape?

I'm on the Mosconi cup list. Quote Kato "down on the list. Waaay down" /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

Eagerly awaiiting Dave's complete recovery and Mosconi Cup tape arrival, I remain as always,

jjinfla
08-31-2002, 12:04 PM
Hi Dave, Glad you are back and on the mend. I guess you will be eating soft food for a while. Poached eggs, baby food, etc. Washed down with a nice cool beer. You leave for a week and the US Open is in chaos. Now that you, the man with the clear, level headed mind, are back priorities will be established and things wil be put back in perspective and everyone will settle down again and the US Open will be better this year than ever before in spite of Charlie's wishes. Jake-only likes the very best tuna -sorry Charlie.

Mr Ingrate
08-31-2002, 12:27 PM
Thanks to everyone for your kind wishes - it uplifts the spirits. I'm sorry I haven't replied to each message individually but I want you all to know I treasure your comments.

I had a nice rib-eye last night with green beans and mashed potatoes. Yes, back to real food.

The TV schedule was a little difficult to read in advance. It looked like there would be 24 hours of coverage to I got three 8 hour tapes. Then it looked like 22 hours so I returned some of the 8 hour tapes for 6 hours. In any case I have 8 hours on one tape, 6 hours on the second. According to the new schedule I will have 4 hours on the 3rd tape. So in total there will be 18 hours. I record the final 4 hours on Sept 1st and 3rd. I'll put up a notice to call for addresses right away.

08-31-2002, 01:03 PM
Right On!!! Boy am i ever glad to here your out and active. Your one tuff dude Dave. St~~hopeing you'll write more despite your frequent vowel movements~~

TalismanTony
08-31-2002, 10:55 PM
Hi Dave,

Let me join everyone here and wish you a fast recovery.

Take good care of yourself.

Kind regards,