PDA

View Full Version : US Open Attendees - Changing travel plans?

Vicki
08-30-2002, 03:03 PM
I, for one, still plan to attend the US Open and I sincerely doubt that the UPA's antics will seriously affect the player attendance or spectator attendance.

Just wondering if anyone is considering changing their travel plans? Also, wonder if anyone who was not planning to attend has changed their mind and is now going as a result of the publicity.

What do you think?

Vicki <--------- Sitting in Capone's area on the isle down in front. Can't wait!!!

Rod
08-30-2002, 03:32 PM
Vickie, I'm not going but I never planned to anyway. If I was going this little fiasco would not change my mind.

MikeM
08-30-2002, 03:37 PM
I've already spent the $400 for two tickets in the Josey section. I'll be there. Plus I'm going to the premiere event of the weekend anyway -- the CCBers Inaugural 9-Ball Tourney!

MM

AzHousePro
08-30-2002, 03:38 PM
Come on Rod. Bill Moore and I are going. You could share a room with us up there. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Rod
08-30-2002, 04:38 PM
Hi Mike, I appreciate the offer but I'm trying to make money not spend it. You and Bill have a good time. I'm sure Bill will be like a kid in a candy store. Tell him not to lose MY 5 dollars. LOL I'm looking forward to your coverage and updates.

Voodoo Daddy
08-30-2002, 06:55 PM
I'm sittin' across from Mike. I'll be the BIG guy that has a small creature sporting a Rolling Rock next to me!! 25 days from now the MADNESS will begin....

John in NH
08-30-2002, 08:20 PM
Hi Vicki,

My wife and I will be attending even with all the controversy between the UPA and the open. I will also be sitting in capone, front row, I'll be wearing the hat with the letters CCB pasted on, also looking forward to the CCB tournament at Q-masters. Stop by to say hello if you have a chance. We'll be arriving on Wednesday and leaving for home on Monday morning.

John

One pocket it's much more than just a game

cueball1950
08-30-2002, 11:40 PM
will still be there with Bells on.....Screw Charlie Williams and his UPA

Kato
08-31-2002, 12:49 PM
Please....................UPA can go screw themselves. I'm in with the Big Man. CCB Open here we come. Can Virginia contain Voodoo and I, doubt it.

Kato

9 Ball Girl
08-31-2002, 01:51 PM
I'll be there. Only I don't know where I'll be sitting 'cause I'll be getting the $10 admission tickets. I don't even know what kind of seats they are but I don't care. I'll be there.

Wendy~~will be the chick on Friday nite pulling her carryon luggage! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

08-31-2002, 03:47 PM
I heard from reliable sources that Mika Immonen, Charlie Williams, Jimmy Wetch are not going.

Also a rumor that Efren is not going. Apparently still sore about the Masters and not thrilled about no money up at the US Open. Don't blame him, it is a long way to come from the Phillippines.

Will try to find out more.

Go Filipinos!!
Jeff Roa

08-31-2002, 04:01 PM
I asked Efren if he was going to be at the Open this year and he said he didn't think so because he had to play in the Asian Games for the Phillippines. He didn't say anything about any money being put up or The Masters when I talked to him. Did you just assume this?

08-31-2002, 04:20 PM
I just found out that Immonen's not going to the Us Open.
The I called a friend and he told me that Tony Robles and several other New York players weren't going.

I was planning to go but my favorite players won't be there.

Sh**$#!

Lisa

Harold Acosta
08-31-2002, 04:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr> LisaLove: I just found out that Immonen's not going to the Us Open.
The I called a friend and he told me that Tony Robles and several other New York players weren't going.

I was planning to go but my favorite players won't be there.

Sh**$#!

Lisa <blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>

[b]Are they boycotting the US Open because of the UPA bullcrap?

08-31-2002, 04:29 PM
Oh ok, I see what you are trying to do. After seeing how you posted the same thing several times all over the board about the Berhmans "stepping on their tongue" as you put it. I can see why you would insinuate Efren Reyes's not going to the Open to be because of money issues, instead of the time conflicts he has with Asian Games.

c'mon man do you really think you have to lie about this stuff to get your point across? show a little class ok /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Rich R.
08-31-2002, 06:24 PM
Mike, I know your primary purpose for making the trip is to cover the CCB tournament /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif, but try to cover the Open also.

Rich R.~~~will be in the cheap seats for a couple days.

Tom_In_Cincy
08-31-2002, 07:38 PM
I haven't changed any travel plans.. and don't intend to.

The worst time I could have is "wonderful"

9 Ball Girl
09-01-2002, 12:02 AM
Oh well. If they don't want to go then they don't want to go. There'll be other good players there for us to see. And besides, the highlight of all of this? The CCB Tourney and meeting my fellow CCBers. /ccboard/images/icons/cool.gif

nmshooter
09-01-2002, 06:22 PM
I wish that I could go but thats all it is.......a wish. I am planning on purchasing the pay per view but now I wish the pay per view was of the CCB'ers event more than the open itself. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif Anyway, best of luck to all who are going, have fun and stay safe.