PDA

View Full Version : Influential Nev. State Repub Backs Senator Reid

Gayle in MD
10-08-2010, 09:35 AM
Nevada State Sen. Bill Raggio, who is considered to be one of the most influential Republican lawmakers in the Silver State, endorsed Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in his reelection fight against GOP challenger Sharron Angle on Thursday.

Raggio has served in the Nevada state legislature since 1972, and told "Face-to-Face" host Jon Ralston this week that never in that long career had he endorsed a Democrat. But given the caliber of his own party's nominee, he said in a statement Thursday, that time has come.

"What is difficult to overlook is her record of being totally ineffective as a four-term assemblywomen, her inability or unwillingness to work with others, even within her own party, and her extreme positions on issues such as Medicare, social security, education, veterans affairs and many others," Raggio said of Angle

sack316
10-08-2010, 09:47 AM
it says a lot of how poorly people view Reid right now if this is even a close race with that lady!

Sack

Gayle in MD
10-08-2010, 10:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it says a lot of how poorly people view Reid right now if this is even a close race with that lady!

Sack </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> I think it says about the ignorance of the Tea Party, that they would back such a notjob, as Angle, that one of the leading State Reublicans, can't bring himself to vote for her.

But then, Republicans are now being financed by the very Islamo Fascists they claim they're so worried about.

Pictures from the Chamber Of Commerce Reception look like a big celebration with bin Laden's family, and The Taliban.

</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chamber Avoids Questions About Foreign Funding, Hosts Event With Its Foreign Bank Members Tomorrow
Tomorrow, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce plans to hold a reception for the Bahrain Banks Association, a trade group for banks operating in the Kingdom of Bahrain. The Bahrain Minister of Finance, Central Bank, and Bahrain Ambassador will be attending, and the event listing invites “banks and investment firms” to attend.

The Bahrain Banks Association includes many foreign investment firms that, as ThinkProgress reported this week, have been sending funds to the Chamber. The funds are deposited in the same 501(c)(6) account that the Chamber is using to run an unprecedented $75 million dollar attack campaign, mostly against Democrats like Jack Conway in Kentucky and Robin Carnahan in Missouri. ThinkProgress has documented at least $300,000 in foreign money to the Chamber from two countries alone. Below are a list of Bahrain Bank Association members which the Chamber has indicated are dues-paying members:

– Bahrain Financial Harbour Holding Company (based in Bahrain)
– ICICI Bank (based in India)
– TAIB Bank (based in Bahrain)
– State Bank of India (state-owned and based in India)

The event occurs as the Chamber continues to refuse to answer simple questions about the legality of its fundraising operation for its political attack campaign. Foreign businesses and foreign agents are prohibited by law from contributing to any American political campaign expenditure. So far, the Chamber denies any inappropriate conduct, but has failed to produce any documentation that it is segregating its foreign dues from its American money. According to Graham Gillette, a participant at an Iowa event attended by Chamber CEO Tom Donohue today, Donohue replied to the controversy by simply attacking ThinkProgress as a “blog supported by George Soros.”

As ThinkProgress reported, the Chamber has internal fundraising departments called “Business Councils” — like the U.S.-Bahrain Business Council and the U.S.-India Business Council — which are run by Chamber development officers. Promotions to join the Chamber have included promises that foreign firms obtain “access to the US Chamber of Commerce and everything that it does,” noting that the Chamber is “enormous within the US.” ThinkProgress has reported that the application to join the Business Councils welcome foreign-owned entities, and the application encourages businesses to wire or send their dues to the same general 501(c)(6) the Chamber is currently using for its political campaign advertisements all over the country. See below for a link and screen shot to one such application:

</div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

sack316
10-08-2010, 11:04 AM
I agree. And Reid may well lose to said nutjob... what's that say about him?

Sack

pooltchr
10-08-2010, 01:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree. And Reid may well lose to said nutjob... what's that say about him?

Sack </div></div>

I would think that a Senate Majority leader would be pretty much of a shoe-in for relection if he was even reasonably competent.

Sounds to me like he is on very shakey ground.

Of course, the left will follow the predicted course of attacking anyone who has the potential to unseat one of their own. Reid can't run on his record. All they have is to sling as much mud as possible.

Nothing new.

Steve

Steve

sack316
10-08-2010, 01:52 PM
one thing is for certain...there will be a wacko senator from Nevada either way! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

pooltchr
10-08-2010, 03:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">one thing is for certain...there will be a wacko senator from Nevada either way! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack </div></div>

Wouldn't be the first time!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Steve

LWW
10-08-2010, 04:14 PM
But the people aren't backing Harry ... and his son isn't backing Obamacare.

LWW

eg8r
10-08-2010, 05:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nevada State Sen. Bill Raggio, who is considered to be one of the most influential Republican lawmakers in the Silver State, endorsed Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in his reelection fight against GOP challenger Sharron Angle on Thursday.
</div></div>Why did he wait so long?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
10-13-2010, 02:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree. And Reid may well lose to said nutjob... what's that say about him?

Sack </div></div>

Don't count your chickens before they hatch, friend.

G.

Deeman3
10-13-2010, 02:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nevada State Sen. Bill Raggio, who is considered to be one of the most influential Republican lawmakers in the Silver State, endorsed Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in his reelection fight against GOP challenger Sharron Angle on Thursday.
</div></div>Why did he wait so long?

eg8r </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">It took a while for the check to clear! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>

llotter
10-13-2010, 03:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nevada State Sen. Bill Raggio, who is considered to be one of the most influential Republican lawmakers in the Silver State, endorsed Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in his reelection fight against GOP challenger Sharron Angle on Thursday.

Raggio has served in the Nevada state legislature since 1972, and told "Face-to-Face" host Jon Ralston this week that never in that long career had he endorsed a Democrat. But given the caliber of his own party's nominee, he said in a statement Thursday, that time has come.

"What is difficult to overlook is her record of being totally ineffective as a four-term assemblywomen, her inability or unwillingness to work with others, even within her own party, and her extreme positions on issues such as Medicare, social security, education, veterans affairs and many others," Raggio said of Angle
</div></div>

This state senator is a prime example of a RINO that will, with any effort, be defeated if he runs for office again. I am confident that his idea of being an effective legislator is reaching across the aisle and spending more taxpayer money and to criticize anyone who dares point out the disaster of many of those 'bipartisan' compromises that have gotten us into such deep financial trouble.

What are the principles that this Republican-in-name-only supports that allow him to endorse one of the most left wing senators in government? He definitely has no Republican principles and gives the conservative party a bad name.

sack316
10-13-2010, 05:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree. And Reid may well lose to said nutjob... what's that say about him?

Sack </div></div>

G. </div></div>

I'm not counting it as a win or loss for either side, G. Regardless, the fact that it is even a race at all says a lot about how negatively the populous thinks of Reid! Put it this way, if a nutjob can give him a run for his money here, how badly do ya think he'd be dominated by even a halfway decent candidate?

Sack

hondo
10-13-2010, 07:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nevada State Sen. Bill Raggio, who is considered to be one of the most influential Republican lawmakers in the Silver State, endorsed Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in his reelection fight against GOP challenger Sharron Angle on Thursday.

</div></div>

This state senator is a prime example of a RINO that will, with any effort, be defeated if he runs for office again. I am confident that his idea of being an effective legislator is reaching across the aisle and spending more taxpayer money and to criticize anyone who dares point out the disaster of many of those 'bipartisan' compromises that have gotten us into such deep financial trouble.

What are the principles that this Republican-in-name-only supports that allow him to endorse one of the most left wing senators in government? He definitely has no Republican principles and gives the conservative party a bad name. </div></div>

When he gave his reasons for not backing Angle, which did you not agree with?
Forget the partisan politics for a minute.

Gayle in MD
10-13-2010, 11:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree. And Reid may well lose to said nutjob... what's that say about him?

Sack </div></div>

G. </div></div>

I'm not counting it as a win or loss for either side, G. Regardless, the fact that it is even a race at all says a lot about how negatively the populous thinks of Reid! Put it this way, if a nutjob can give him a run for his money here, how badly do ya think he'd be dominated by even a halfway decent candidate?

Sack </div></div>

You might say that, and you also might say the same thing about Angle, since it seems to be going more Reids way lately.

Hey, the public does not approve of either party, by any landslide. In fact, recent polls have still indicated that the public blames George Bush for our eocnomic problems, and most polls indicate that as mad as the public is at all of our government incumbants, they disapprove more of Republicans, than Democrtics.

Bottom line, IMO, if Republicans gain the majority, within a year, we will be IN the Bush Depression, which so far, has been diverted, by both Bush's and President Obama's swift actions.

Jobs were never predicted to recover swiftly, from the very beginning of the Bush Recession, not by either right leaning economists, nor by left leaning economists.

I, personally, have never seen so many looney tunes running for office in my whole life, and Tea Party Zealots, don't represent the entire country.

Repubs will win some seats, no doubt, which is par for the course in any President's first mid term election, when his party holds the majority. But, Obama's approval ratings are still very good, considering the economic mess, and two wars, that most people are now against, both of which, he inherited.

I don't see a big landslide for Republicans, and think they will fail to win majority in both houses.

If they do, and I'm all wrong, we will all lose everyting, because we will have a massive and immediate huge increase in poverty, amore devastating reversal, in any continued recovery, if they do the things they are saying they plan to do.

So regarding Reid, no, I think that in a time of a broad anti-incumbant mood, such as we have now, for both parties, neither candidate represents the voter's cup of tea, in that state.

Reid, is hated by the right, because his work has been so successful, and Angle, not doing great, given the anti incumbant mood, because she's a total nutjob.

G.

Gayle in MD
10-13-2010, 11:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nevada State Sen. Bill Raggio, who is considered to be one of the most influential Republican lawmakers in the Silver State, endorsed Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in his reelection fight against GOP challenger Sharron Angle on Thursday.

</div></div>

What are the principles that this Republican-in-name-only supports that allow him to endorse one of the most left wing senators in government? He definitely has no Republican principles and gives the conservative party a bad name. </div></div>

When he gave his reasons for not backing Angle, which did you not agree with?
Forget the partisan politics for a minute. </div></div>

Great question Hondo.

G.

sack316
10-14-2010, 06:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I, personally, have never seen so many looney tunes running for office in my whole life
</div></div>

Now THAT we can ALL agree on!

Also, good post altogether there Gayle, and thanks for the view from the other side of things. I do also suppose that in the anti-incumbent fever that has been going on the last few years that anyone coming in and NOT blowing him away given the current political environment is also a reflection on the weakness of the challenger.

Sack

hondo
10-14-2010, 06:15 AM
Thank you. I'm curious to hear his response.

llotter
10-14-2010, 11:25 AM
What he calls 'extreme positions' are what a fair understanding of Angle's positions as being in favor of the Constitution.

I know what it like to work with fellow Republicans at the county level whose modus operandi was to get as much state and federal money as possible regardless of whether we could even afford the 10 or 20 percent matching funds or whether we could afford such enticements after our share increased to 100 percent.

Attempting to work with people with whom you strongly disagree even though they are in the same party is frustrating and the only way to 'cooperate' is to compromise principles that should not be compromised. So saying that Angle accomplished little is a sign to me that she puts principle over politics and her constituents obviously agree.

Gayle in MD
10-14-2010, 11:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I, personally, have never seen so many looney tunes running for office in my whole life
</div></div>

Now THAT we can ALL agree on!

Also, good post altogether there Gayle, and thanks for the view from the other side of things. I do also suppose that in the anti-incumbent fever that has been going on the last few years that anyone coming in and NOT blowing him away given the current political environment is also a reflection on the weakness of the challenger.

Sack </div></div>

Well, friend, at least they got rid of that woman who thought we should all take a chicken to the doctor. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
10-14-2010, 11:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What he calls 'extreme positions' are what a fair understanding of Angle's positions as being in favor of the Constitution.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Ha ha ha, thanks for tha laugh! </span>

I know what it like to work with fellow Republicans at the county level whose modus operandi was to get as much state and federal money as possible regardless of whether we could even afford the 10 or 20 percent matching funds or whether we could afford such enticements after our share increased to 100 percent.

Attempting to work with people with whom you strongly disagree even though they are in the same party is frustrating and the only way to 'cooperate' is to compromise principles that should not be compromised. So saying that Angle accomplished little is a sign to me that she puts principle over politics and her constituents obviously agree. </div></div>