PDA

View Full Version : Repub Miller Says McConnell Gov. Shut Down In Plan

Gayle in MD
10-08-2010, 09:40 AM
In a fascinating interview with the National Review, Alaska Senate candidate Joe Miller said that in a private conversation with Mitch McConnell, the Senate Minority Leader expressed openness to the idea of a government shutdown.

"There was a comment made at breakfast this morning about shutting down the government, and he reacted in a positive way," Miller told the Review's Robert Costa. "I'm not going to quote him, but I think that he recognizes that that's on the table."

sack316
10-08-2010, 09:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In a fascinating interview with the National Review, Alaska Senate candidate Joe Miller said that in a <u>private</u> conversation with Mitch McConnell, the Senate Minority Leader expressed openness to the idea of a government shutdown.

"There was a comment made at breakfast this morning about shutting down the government, and he reacted in a positive way," Miller told the Review's Robert Costa. "I'm not going to quote him, but I think that he recognizes that that's on the table."

</div></div>

Guess it wasn't so private lol

Sack

jimmyg
10-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Personally, with the direction that the government is heading, I believe that a shutdown would be a major improvement. Gridlock would be welcomed by most Americans.

J

pooltchr
10-08-2010, 01:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In a fascinating interview with the National Review, Alaska Senate candidate Joe Miller said that in a <u>private</u> conversation with Mitch McConnell, the Senate Minority Leader expressed openness to the idea of a government shutdown.

</div></div>

Guess it wasn't so private lol

Sack </div></div>

Sounds like someone can't be trusted with private confidential information.

Steve

LWW
10-08-2010, 05:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In a fascinating interview with the National Review, Alaska Senate candidate Joe Miller said that in a private conversation with Mitch McConnell, the Senate Minority Leader expressed openness to the idea of a government shutdown.

</div></div>

We can only hope and pray that this is true.

LWW

Qtec
10-09-2010, 02:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jimmyg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personally, with the direction that the government is heading, I believe that a shutdown would be a major improvement. Gridlock would be welcomed by most Americans.

J </div></div>

BS.

Your opinion is not fact. Anything to back up this ridiculous assertion?

Q

Qtec
10-09-2010, 02:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jimmyg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personally, with the direction that the government is heading, I believe that a shutdown would be a major improvement. Gridlock would be welcomed by most Americans.

J </div></div>

You already have gridlock!!!! The party of NO has seen to that.

Q

LWW
10-09-2010, 03:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jimmyg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personally, with the direction that the government is heading, I believe that a shutdown would be a major improvement. Gridlock would be welcomed by most Americans.

J </div></div>

Q </div></div>

God bless them one and all.

LWW

jimmyg
10-09-2010, 07:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jimmyg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personally, with the direction that the government is heading, I believe that a shutdown would be a major improvement. Gridlock would be welcomed by most Americans.

J </div></div>

BS.

Your opinion is not fact. Anything to back up this ridiculous assertion? Q </div></div>

BS?

Guess that you have not been paying attention to the election polls. We'll have a difinitive answer to my "ridiculous assertion" on November 4th, won't we?

J

Gayle in MD
10-09-2010, 07:57 AM

J </div></div>

Q </div></div>

Absolutely! And after nearly two years of trying to block everything, Republicans have the colossal nerve to run on "Where are the jobs!"

BWA HA HA HA....Bush, and the right's beloved corporations out-sourced most of them, before their crooked and corrupted Wall Street pigs, destroyed the rest of them, bilked the country, threw us almost into a depression, and stuffed the cash into their off shore accounts on their way out the door!

The right forgot, conveniently, we were hemmoraging 740,000 jobs a month, as Bush exited our REPUBLICAN destroyed Economy.

Tarp was Bush's program, and he initiated the auto bail out before he left! Funny, Bush never made any good decisions until he was forced to make them, and had no choice.
Selective memory.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

eg8r
10-10-2010, 07:20 PM
What will you be saying if the Reps take the majority of the seats and start to try and push their weight around and Obama start's veto'ing everything put in front of him? Will you call him the President of "NO"?

I personally am proud the Reps stood their ground and said NO for as long as possible. They haven't stopped anything yet other than allow the Dems to win anymore seats.

Also, you call them the party of NO, yet that appears to be what the voting public wants to hear. Kennedy's life-long seat went to a Rep. Absolutely unheard of.

eg8r