PDA

View Full Version : Why would they do that to Earl?

Wally_in_Cincy
08-31-2002, 09:57 AM
I know you've all seen it but just in case:

http://www.azbilliards.com/cgi-shl/azwebbbs.pl?read=3180

The question was asked "Where's the outrage?" Well I for one am outraged and I'm not even an Earl fan. To treat a man of his stature that way is unproffesional and unforgivable.

It's no wonder more pros don't post on these boards. With all the politics in this sport They're risking their livelihood simply by stating an opinion no matter how innocuous it might be.

Look what happened to Dr. D. She came here a year ago simply seeking input from pool fans and bouncing some ideas off of us. IMO she never said anything remotely controversial. Until the evil words were spoken by someone.....

"64 player field"

Suddenly all hell breaks loose and she is summarily dismissed from her post.

Now on Aug. 10 Earl goes to AZB and complains about a payout and on that very day a letter is sent to him accepting a resignation which he never submitted.

Good Grief. What the hell is going on? Don't people realize everybody's gonna have to work together for anybody to ever make any real money in this game. Or am I pi$$ing in the wind?

stickman
08-31-2002, 11:34 AM
Honestly, I'm not a big Earl fan either, although I concede he is one of the greatest players ever. My opinion is that he doesn't need the UPA as much as they need him. I'm curious to see what the future of the UPA will be in another year.

Harold Acosta
08-31-2002, 12:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> I know you've all seen it but just in case:

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.azbilliards.com/cgi-shl/azwebbbs.pl?read=3180>http://www.azbilliards.com/cgi-shl/azwebbbs.pl?read=3180</a>

The question was asked "Where's the outrage?" Well I for one am outraged and I'm not even an Earl fan. To treat a man of his stature that way is unproffesional and unforgivable.

It's no wonder more pros don't post on these boards. With all the politics in this sport They're risking their livelihood simply by stating an opinion no matter how innocuous it might be.

Look what happened to Dr. D. She came here a year ago simply seeking input from pool fans and bouncing some ideas off of us. IMO she never said anything remotely controversial. Until the evil words were spoken by someone.....

"64 player field"

Suddenly all hell breaks loose and she is summarily dismissed from her post.

Now on Aug. 10 Earl goes to AZB and complains about a payout and on that very day a letter is sent to him accepting a resignation which he never submitted.

Good Grief. What the hell is going on? Don't people realize everybody's gonna have to work together for anybody to ever make any real money in this game. Or am I pi$$ing in the wind?

<hr></blockquote>

People are afraid of Earl because he says things from his heart. Although I truly hate the way he treats some people, people like Earl are necessary in all organizations because he wont be afraid to voice his or the opinions of others.

The UPA has further disgraced themselves with this type of antics. Preparing and accepting a letter of resignation when someone has not written it. This happens a lot in corporations and even in the government, but only when the actions of the person involved jeopardizes or puts the organization at any type of risk or embarrassment. I believe this is not the case of Earl, what could have he done to jeopardize or embarrass the UPA?

Charlie Williams and his gang have a lot to learn, in the meantime the UPA will keep sinking to the bottom of the pit on the eyes of players and fans of Pool.

Overall this whole situation stinks.....

9 Ball Girl
08-31-2002, 02:01 PM
The more I see things like this on Earl Strickland, the more I become a fan of his. I respect people that are not scared to speak their mind. Earl is one of the greatest players out there. It's their loss.

Wendy~~will always be a fan of the Pearl

Voodoo Daddy
08-31-2002, 05:07 PM
Lays cue on table, walks over to 9 Ball Girl and gives her a high five and a peck on the cheek. Finally, someone not saying bad things about Earl.....its about time too!!

Tom_In_Cincy
08-31-2002, 07:54 PM
UPA is once again.. shooting theirselves in the foot...

Does anyone really think their corporate sponsers will put up with much more of this "shot from the hip" reactions to the way the UPA handles problems?

MikeM
08-31-2002, 09:34 PM
I don't like the way Earl acts. He is childish and asinine. But, there is NO ONE whom I would rather watch play 9 ball. Leave it to the UPA to get people on Earl's side! I really wanted them to succeed in lifting the men's game, but it looks like they are the childish, asinine one's now.

MM

Mr Ingrate
08-31-2002, 10:07 PM
Does the UPA have Earl's letter of resignation, or did Earl make some remark in the heat of some moment saying he didn't want to belong to the organization?

If it is the latter, then the UPA was ill advised to take this kind of action. Wouldn't be the first time Earl has said something he shouldn't have during a brain fart.

It would be nice to know the facts.

Earl should have contacted the UPA, in writing, asking why they accepted a resignation he never tendered.

I seriously doubt there is a conspiracy get Earl. I also believe that Earl feels he is blameless and put upon. Yet, how could he expect to do anything but piss people off by posting on Mike's site (AZbilliards) without getting and providing more information.

I respect the man's pool skills, but feel his people skills need a bit of honing.

09-01-2002, 02:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Or am I pi$$ing in the wind?

<hr></blockquote>

Or ... BS

Drake
09-01-2002, 03:43 PM
I agree. Kicking Earl out would be the worst action the UPA could take....unless Earl threatened to quit. Then the UPA pretty much has to accept his resignation.

09-02-2002, 07:10 PM
Greetings BS,

We can always depend on you to to lend clarity to a subject with incomparable brevity. /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif LMAO