PDA

View Full Version : Obama admits he lied and stimulus package was wron

LWW
10-14-2010, 03:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> “there’s no such thing as shovel-ready projects” and perhaps should have “let the Republicans insist on the tax cuts” in the stimulus. </div></div>

This where the far left claims that they never believed there were shovel ready jobs and that they were for the republican tax cuts all along ... and that they didn't happen because of (R) obstructionism.

OH DEAR! (http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/10/13/president-obama-looks-forward-and-back/)

LWW

sack316
10-14-2010, 06:20 AM
Beat me to the punch on this one /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

pooltchr
10-14-2010, 07:55 AM
Catching Obama in a lie is no big deal. Now, if you could actually find a case of him telling the truth, that would be newsworthy!

Steve

LWW
10-15-2010, 02:05 AM
“There’s no such thing as shovel-ready projects” was eerily like teling people "WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AT WAR WITH EURASIA!" after years of daily reports to the people of how they had always been at war with Eastasia and their ally Eurasia had stood by their side ... and the sheeple believing it without batting an eye.

LWW

Qtec
10-15-2010, 03:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Beat me to the punch on this one /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack </div></div>

On what? I would like to hear the whole interview before I make judgement.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While proud of his record,<span style="color: #CC0000">Opinion of the author</span> Obama has already begun thinking <span style="color: #CC0000">Opinion of the author</span>about what went wrong<span style="color: #CC0000">Opinion of the author</span> — and what he needs to do to change course for the next two years. He has spent what one aide<span style="color: #CC0000"> what aide? All through the article he says "an aide," never gives a name.</span> called “a lot of time talking about Obama 2.0” with his new interim chief of staff, Pete Rouse, and his deputy chief of staff, Jim Messina. During our hour together, Obama told me he had no regrets about the broad direction of his presidency.<span style="color: #CC0000">So what did he say?</span> But he did identify what he called “tactical lessons.”<span style="color: #CC0000">Opinion of the author</span> He let himself look too much like “the same old tax-and-spend liberal Democrat.”<span style="color: #CC0000">Opinion of the author</span> He realized too late that <span style="color: #CC0000">Opinion of the author</span>“there’s no such thing as shovel-ready projects” <span style="color: #CC0000">any context?</span>when it comes to public works. Perhaps he should not have proposed tax breaks as part of his stimulus and instead “let the Republicans insist on the tax cuts”<span style="color: #CC0000">LMAO. Now we know this guy is an a$$. Very objective indeed. LOL</span> so it could be seen as a bipartisan compromise. </div></div>

So, this guy who has a 1 hour interview with Obama and the total actual quotes from Obama that he prints amount to half a page of text!.

Is that it? An opinion post ? Anything else?

Q

Qtec
10-15-2010, 04:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">“There’s no such thing as shovel-ready projects”

LWW </div></div>

Really.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey canceled the biggest infrastructure project in the U.S. last week.

Then he said he’d think about it.

The project in question is an 8.8-mile commuter railroad tunnel under the Hudson River, estimated to cost $8.7 billion. Christie’s advisers told him the tunnel would really cost more than $11 billion, and maybe more than $14 billion.

Of course, if you are a cynic, that means the final tally will be in the $20 billion-or-more range.

And that, as some mothers are wont to say, is why we can’t have nice things. Thieving, fraud and abuse, on top of the inevitable and legitimate cost increases, will drive up the price of building the tunnel to unconscionable levels, and New Jersey’s residents will be stuck paying the bill.

Christie has a point. Remember the “Big Dig”? The plan to do away with the strands of elevated highway in downtown Boston by means of tunnels was first put at $5 billion. The final cost: $15 billion, which doesn’t include maintenance.

I still didn’t hear a lot of applause when Christie said “No thanks.” <span style='font-size: 20pt'>That’s because the tunnel is a good idea, a necessary investment in infrastructure. And New Jersey isn’t paying the entire bill. Both the federal government and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey have committed a combined $6 billion to the project. Senator Frank Lautenberg this week said he was trying to salvage the tunnel by bringing in another partner.</span> </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>Shovel ready.</span>

This would provide 1,000s of jobs in a time of need. This would keep small businesses afloat, prevent foreclosures, save on unemployment benefit etc etc.

The GOP want to give the rich an extra 70 Billion a year but this is too expensive?

Q.....BTW, the banks are giving 145 Billion in bonus's this year after making record profits.

LWW
10-15-2010, 04:13 AM
So are you saying Obama lied ... please don't attribute his words to me, that is incredibly dishonest.

As to shovel ready and keeping small businesses open ... here in Dayton we have lost approximately 50 small businesses as the regime has decided to rip up every perfectly good interstate onramp in the downtown area and replace it with an onramp in the same place.

This has brought downtown traffic to a never ending snarl. Using eminent domain they have forced numerous small businesses to sell out even though they have been prosperous for decades where they were. Their closed businesses have been demolished and used as a place to park construction machinery overnight.

In the meantime, several area auto dealers were closed. One was the oldest and largest volume Chrysler dealer in the are that had the highest customer satisfaction. What they had in common with other closed dealers is a history of backing conservative candidates.

At the same time, lesser dealers were kept open ... but, of course, they had the wisdom to fund the campaigns of the thugocrats.

LWW

Qtec
10-15-2010, 04:30 AM
What Obama actually said was,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The Republican Party of 'No' have said "there’s no such thing as shovel-ready projects" but they are wrong. There's the Access to the Region’s Core project, which would have created an 8.8-mile (14.2-kilometer) conduit under the Hudson River to double the number of commuter trains to New York at peak times.</div></div>

BTW,
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> and perhaps should have “let the Republicans insist on the tax cuts” in the stimulus. </div></div>

Read my lips.

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>98% of Americans got a tax cut under the stimulus bill.</span>

What a load of manure.

Q

LWW
10-15-2010, 04:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What Obama actually said was,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The Republican Party of 'No' have said "there’s no such thing as shovel-ready projects" but they are wrong. There's the Access to the Region’s Core project, which would have created an 8.8-mile (14.2-kilometer) conduit under the Hudson River to double the number of commuter trains to New York at peak times.</div></div>

BTW,
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> and perhaps should have “let the Republicans insist on the tax cuts” in the stimulus. </div></div>

Read my lips.

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>98% of Americans got a tax cut under the stimulus bill.</span>

What a load of manure.

Q </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>PROVE IT!</span>

Your turn Snoopy.

LWW

Qtec
10-15-2010, 04:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Citizens for Tax Justice, a self-described non-partisan organization, released a report on Tuesday that read: "The 2009 economic stimulus bill actually reduced federal income taxes for tax year 2009 for 98 percent of all working families and individuals." This total includes the 95 percent of working families that will or have received tax credits in the range of $400 to $800. </div></div> link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/15/tax-day-2010-protesters-i_n_538556.html)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We cut taxes for 95 percent of working families

During the campaign, the independent Tax Policy Center researched how Obama's tax proposals would affect workers. It concluded 94.3 percent of workers would receive a tax cut under Obama's plan based on the tax credit to offset payroll taxes. According to the analysis, the people who wouldn't get a tax cut are those who make more than $250,000 for couples or $200,000 for a single person. Obama said he intended to raise taxes on those high earners, a promise he reiterated during the State of the Union, and that revenue would offset the stimulus tax cut.

Because the stimulus act did give that broad-based tax cut to workers, we rate Obama's statement True. </div></div>

link (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2010/jan/28/barack-obama/tax-cut-95-percent-stimulus-made-it-so/)

Nice try to AVOID making a reply.

Q

LWW
10-15-2010, 05:06 AM
Once again, HP lures the naive in with a misleading headline and header ... and then contradicts your argument in the truth section, which it knows you won't read.

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/4-14-10tax-f1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"The only tax I think that has been put in place so far is an increase in the federal cigarette tax. I can't think of another Obama tax that has gone in place so far," said Chris Edwards, Director of Tax Policy Studies at the conservative Cato Institute. "I would say that people are angry because big taxes are coming down the road because of the gigantic deficit built up under Bush and continued under Obama." </div></div>

LWW

sack316
10-15-2010, 06:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Read my lips.

Q </div></div>

Income tax cuts... yes. Investigate any number of the myriad of other taxes we have and let me know if they are higher or lower... or set to become higher or lower at the beginning of the year. Then research who many of the taxes will be the biggest burden on (hint: it's not the evil top 2%).

Sack

eg8r
10-15-2010, 07:42 AM
Hey, qtip where is the the link to your quote about shovel ready projects? LWW's quote ultimately comes from a discussion between Obama and Peter Baker from the NYT on 10/12/2010.

I kind of like the article about Obama because it shows that he recognizes things did not go the way he thought they would and by reflecting on what went wrong hopefully he won't repeat his mistakes. His comment about Rep tax cuts does sound like he really did not care about real bipartisanship but rather all he cares about is the "illusion" of bipartisanship. In his mind, he feels he should have just thrown the Reps a bone instead of really working with them to make sure everyone agreed.

eg8r

pooltchr
10-15-2010, 10:45 AM
Obama's comments about regretting not doing a good enough job selling his porgrams to the public somehow reminds me of the criminal who say's he is sorry. It's not that they were sorry for committing the crime, but sorry they got caught!

Obama's not sorry he pushed laws that will destroy the country...he's sorry he didn't do a better job lying about them to build public support!

Steve