PDA

View Full Version : It's official ... Obamacare hurts seniors.

LWW
10-14-2010, 04:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The new analysis obtained by POLITICO finds the health care overhaul will result in increased out-of-pocket costs for seniors on Medicare Advantage plans.

Richard Foster, the actuary for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid, also tells Senate Republicans that the overhaul will result in “less generous benefit packages” for Medicare Advantage plans next year. Foster is independent from the administration and non-partisan.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1010/43529.html#ixzz12KSfaSva </div></div>

OOPSY! (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1010/43529.html)

LWW

keith
10-14-2010, 08:12 AM
Oh boy here is a first LWW posting a quote from an "independent &non-partisan". I guess it's is no diffrent than Gail quoting from Huffington. When you have a closed mind, you can always find a some nut to back your story.
Keith

pooltchr
10-14-2010, 10:51 AM
Two posts on the forum, and you're already going on the attack?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Steve

Stretch
10-14-2010, 06:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Two posts on the forum, and you're already going on the attack?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Steve </div></div>

Yes imagine that, and just 9 thousand and 42 attack posts to go to close the gap with LWW. St.

pooltchr
10-14-2010, 08:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Two posts on the forum, and you're already going on the attack?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Steve </div></div>

Yes imagine that, and just 9 thousand and 42 attack posts to go to close the gap with LWW. St. </div></div>

Why would you even post something like that? If you are trying to suggest that all Larry does is attack others, you know that is not true. He is like many on here who refuse to let the mindless attacks from others go unanswered. But, even you who seem to hate him, would have to admit that he brings nnew topics to the forum, posts them up, and then waits for the attacks to begin.

For some reason, there are a few people who will just go on the attack for no reason at all. There are others who will respond in kind when attacked.

Forget about everybody else. Which type do YOU want to be?

Steve

Stretch
10-14-2010, 10:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Two posts on the forum, and you're already going on the attack?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Steve </div></div>

Yes imagine that, and just 9 thousand and 42 attack posts to go to close the gap with LWW. St. </div></div>

Why would you even post something like that? If you are trying to suggest that all Larry does is attack others, you know that is not true. He is like many on here who refuse to let the mindless attacks from others go unanswered. But, even you who seem to hate him, would have to admit that he brings nnew topics to the forum, posts them up, and then waits for the attacks to begin.

For some reason, there are a few people who will just go on the attack for no reason at all. There are others who will respond in kind when attacked.

Steve </div></div>

Poor Stevie, you are so wrong on so many levels. To begin with Keith simply made the observation that BOTH Gayle and LWW find sources which agree with teir point of view. Sounds pretty bipartisan to me yet because it somehow taints LWW's sainted position in your mind that constitutes an "attack post"? lol that's pretty sad, and so you call him out after 2 posts? Now that's getting dangerously near paranoia. Nice touch with the long Hmmmmmmmmmm after as well. Don't soil yourself it's not Wolfie.

OK i admit it, Larry brings an endless stream of New, divisive, outragious, twisted, Partisan, Hyped, sensationalized topics to the forum then waits for what.....high fives? mindless bobing head agreement? lol forget it, that argument dosn't have a snowballs chance.

As to which of your pre determined "groups" i would wish to be in. NONE OF THEM! What i say, where and when i say it is self evident, as is your love for Larry. St.

LWW
10-15-2010, 02:33 AM
Well if nothing else, you answered the question of what type you wanted to be.

LWW

LWW
10-15-2010, 02:36 AM
FWIW ... the Politico is a decidedly left wing source, although one which looks at things through logic as opposed to blind ideology.

If you disagree with the article on the facts, I would suggest you present a cogent argument against it's position.

Otherwise you come across as yet another leftist who when they see a POV that wasn't spoon delivered, they attack the author so that they don't have to address the issue(s) stated.

Pure Alinsky.

LWW

keith
10-15-2010, 08:36 AM
Steve,
You are right, I should back off. It realy is not my second post. I posted under knacnud a few times along time ago. When the board changed a few years back, I could not seem to register again. Anyway I am back.
Like many I am sick of the way my country is being ran. I do not agree with LWW on some things, or with Gail on other things. But we all have a right to have our say on anything.
I am just sick of politics. Most of the clowns running for office, from either party are willing to say anything, do anything,or pledge anything to get your vote.
I live in Missouri. The hot race here is between Carnahan and Blunt. Both have held a number of offices in Missouri, and I have in fact voted for both of them at one time or another. Neither one has proven to me to be trust worthy. Their adds seem to be based only on the claim that the other one is a crook, or at least a bigger crook than I am. Both of them seem to love to spend what isn't theirs, on stuff most of the voters don't need. They seem to think that if they can load enough "pork" in to the right places, that they can get the contributions to win the next big election, and if they tell enough lies the voters won't remember they got the shaft.

Knacnud

Deeman3
10-15-2010, 09:26 AM
Keith,

You sound like a reasonable enough person to me. Welcome back and I hope you enjoy the give-and-take here.

I agree with much of your post.

pooltchr
10-15-2010, 10:56 AM
I understand and agree. I get frustrated with people who are so partisan that they make comments like "I will never vote for a member of the other party, no matter what". To me, that is the height of ignorance, and partisan straight ticket voting is part of the reason we are in such terrible shape right now.

Another reasonable voice is welcome here, although be prepared that the first time you cross any of the unholy trinity, you will be threatened, attacked, and insulted beyond belief. And, if that doesn't shut you up, you will be placed on "Total ignore".

Have fun!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Steve

eg8r
10-15-2010, 12:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Their adds seem to be based only on the claim that the other one is a crook, or at least a bigger crook than I am.</div></div>You are a crook? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r &lt;~~~sick of politics also

hondo
10-18-2010, 06:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Two posts on the forum, and you're already going on the attack?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Steve </div></div>

ROTFLMFAO!

hondo
10-18-2010, 06:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Two posts on the forum, and you're already going on the attack?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Steve </div></div>

Steve </div></div>

Poor Stevie, you are so wrong on so many levels. To begin with Keith simply made the observation that BOTH Gayle and LWW find sources which agree with teir point of view. Sounds pretty bipartisan to me yet because it somehow taints LWW's sainted position in your mind that constitutes an "attack post"? lol that's pretty sad, and so you call him out after 2 posts? Now that's getting dangerously near paranoia. Nice touch with the long Hmmmmmmmmmm after as well. Don't soil yourself it's not Wolfie.

OK i admit it, Larry brings an endless stream of New, divisive, outragious, twisted, Partisan, Hyped, sensationalized topics to the forum then waits for what.....high fives? mindless bobing head agreement? lol forget it, that argument dosn't have a snowballs chance.

As to which of your pre determined "groups" i would wish to be in. NONE OF THEM! What i say, where and when i say it is self evident, as is your love for Larry. St. </div></div>

I was thinking the same thing. But there's nothing wrong with manlove. We all need someone we can lean on.
His gushing adoration for lww gets a little embarrassing at times to me, but, hey, what do I know? I'm just an ole redneck from West Virginny.
That was one of your finest posts, Stretch.

hondo
10-18-2010, 06:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> although be prepared that the first time you cross any of the unholy trinity, you will be threatened, attacked, and insulted beyond belief. And, if that doesn't shut you up, you will be placed on "Total ignore".

Have fun!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Steve </div></div>

Two posts on the forum, and you're already going on the attack?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Steve

Have fun. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Qtec
10-18-2010, 06:41 AM
Tap Tap Tap.

Q......LOL

Gayle in MD
10-18-2010, 07:10 AM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Great post St.

Gayle in MD
10-25-2010, 08:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: keith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh boy here is a first LWW posting a quote from an "independent &non-partisan". I guess it's is no diffrent than Gail quoting from Huffington. When you have a closed mind, you can always find a some nut to back your story.
Keith </div></div>

Keith, welcome to the forum.

I hope we can debate with one another in the future.

The only time I put people on ignore, is when they stalk me with non stop attacks and personl insults.

Yes, I do post links from Huffingtonpost, when I believe in the credibility of the authors, but I also post many links to decumented Government Studies, along with charts to prove my views.

I also post both praise and disagreement, about political decisions, by representatives of both parties.

BTW, I think you would find that Huffingtonpost, also, displays criticism of both Democratics and Republicans, but it is far from the only political site from which I post information.

I am a very loyal Democratic, but I have also posted criticisms of the Democratic Party, when I think their decisions were wrong.

I think you might find that even when I post links to televised proof of Republican Lies, and illegal activities, and even when they are based on Government charts, or on quotes from our own National Intelligence Estimate, based on the reviews and research from sixteen National Intelligence and National Security Agencies, we from the left, are attacked, slandered, and viciously degraded for daring to have a different point of view, albeit thoroughly documented.

There are several here who sign on daily and immediately stalk my every post and thread, while launching vicious personal attacks against me.

I keep them on ignore at all times.

I don't read their posts, nor do I find them accurate, or valuable, but mostly because they cannot abide opposing Points of view, without stooping to the same old cyberstalking, personal attacks, which I feel detract from this forum.

I hope you don't join that crowd. My preference is reasonable debate, based on some documentation, with links, but some here are unable to do so, without the relentless, vicious, personal attacks. Hence, they will remain on ignore.

I think if I had a closed mind, as you suggest, and did not base my views on any documentation, I would probably would not be their target. At any rate, I hope you will be one of those few from the right, who can debate without the personal attacks, in the future.

Gayle in Md.