PDA

View Full Version : Case closed.

Qtec
10-15-2010, 01:05 AM
link (http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/footage-emerges-david-koch-americans-prosp)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As Digby noted, it looks like this is Case Closed -- <span style='font-size: 20pt'>the Koch Brothers can no longer claim that they're not behind the Tea Party movement or the astroturf group Americans for Prosperity.</span> Here's more from Grist.

Koch brothersí Tea Party connections confirmed [VIDEO]:

<u>The billionaire Koch brothers have long claimed that they have no direct connection to the Tea Party, denying that their vast oil wealth is directly funding corporate front groups like Americans For Prosperity (AFP), the key organizers of the fake grassroots Tea Party movement.</u>

David Koch told New York Magazine earlier this year, "Iíve never been to a tea-party event. No one representing the tea party has ever even approached me."

But the Guardian reports that footage has emerged showing David Koch at the podium during an AFP gala receiving direct and detailed reports from his astroturf AFP army on their efforts to organize tea parties around the nation.

Watch the clip from the new documentary (Astro)Turf Wars: How Corporate America Faked a Grassroots Revolution.

As Brendan DeMelle noted there, "[w]ith this new footage clearly showing David Koch interacting with his Tea Party foot soldiers, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>the Kochtopus definitely has some 'splainin' to do.</span>" </div></div>

So the TP was not spontaneous, it was invented.

Then we have this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>Citizens United ruling working out just fine for the GOP as they launch massive ad blitz</span>

So much for a level playing field in American politics. The Wall Street Journal has the gory details.

An alliance of Republican groups is launching a $50 million advertising blitz this week in a final push to help the GOP win a majority in the House, representing the biggest spending blitz ever by such groups in a congressional election campaign.

The coordinated effort, which the groups have dubbed the "House surge strategy," tops what the official Republican House election committee expects to spend on television ads for the entire contest. It is aimed at the few dozen competitive races where Democratic candidates have significantly more money in the bank than their Republican opponents, eating into one of the Democrats' last financial advantages.

Democratic candidates, notably incumbents, have raised more cash than many of their Republican rivals in this year's most competitive House races, according to a Wall Street Journal tally of Federal Election Commission data. In the 40 races deemed toss-ups by the Cook Political Report, a political handicapper, Democratic candidates had a combined $39.3 million of cash on hand as of June 30, the most-recent filing deadline. Republican candidates had $16.5 million in the bank.

Steven Law, who runs two of the Republican organizations, American Crossroads and its affiliate Crossroads GPS, said the effort was "aimed at putting Republicans over the top by evening out the financial disparities and dramatically expanding the field of battle."

American Crossroads was set up with the help of former Republican White House advisers Karl Rove and Edward Gillespie.

The other two groups are the American Action Network, run by former Republican Sen. Norm Coleman of Minnesota, and the Commission on Hope, Growth and Opportunity, a relative newcomer to the scene founded by Republican campaign consultant Scott Reed.
--
The spending campaign underscores a phenomenon that emerged with force in the 2010 elections: <span style='font-size: 20pt'>Outside political groups, most of which don't have to disclose their donors, are rivaling the traditional dominance of political parties' official campaign committees. Many of these groups, including those launching the ad blitz, are less than a year old.</span>

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>"The scales have tipped from the political party to the outside political organizations,"</span> said former Rep. Bill Paxon of New York, who once led the National Republican Congressional Committee, the party's House campaign arm.

Evan Tracey, head of Campaign Media Analysis Group, which tracks campaign-ad spending, called the combination of ad outlays by the groups "historic" in its size, an assessment echoed by other campaign-finance experts and officials. </div></div>

The end is near.

Q

TP/ Republicans. watch (http://crooksandliars.com/driftglass/open-thread-46)

LWW
10-15-2010, 02:41 AM
Yer funnee.

LWW

hondo
10-15-2010, 06:17 AM
Q, I would like to believe in my heart that some of the talking heads on here realize the truth about the TP but choose to pretend otherwise cause it fits their agenda.

Deeman3
10-15-2010, 08:15 AM
Well, then it is case closed and the Democrats will win in astonding fashion in two weeks and the tea party will be a faded memory as the left had hoped.

I am sure the entire tea party movement will packup and go home now leaving the left to borrow whatever they can from China and continue this remarkable recovery from the Bush recession.

At least they gave it a good try, better luck nect time! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

hondo
10-15-2010, 11:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, then it is case closed and the Democrats will win in astonding fashion in two weeks and the tea party will be a faded memory as the left had hoped.

I am sure the entire tea party movement will packup and go home now leaving the left to borrow whatever they can from China and continue this remarkable recovery from the Bush recession.

At least they gave it a good try, better luck nect time! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

Nice deflection. Had absolutely nothing to do with what I was talking about.
I was talking about the fact that the tea party is anything but a spontaneous grass roots movement.

Gayle in MD
10-16-2010, 12:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, then it is case closed and the Democrats will win in astonding fashion in two weeks and the tea party will be a faded memory as the left had hoped.

At least they gave it a good try, better luck nect time! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

I was talking about the fact that the tea party is anything but a spontaneous grass roots movement. </div></div>

I like Deeman, but I do wish he would give a shot at discussing and addressing our points, and documentation, instead of alwaus going into a rant of sarcastic extremes, unrelated to the subject.

And yes, it is a diversion, and he uses it most when he can't provide any opposing documetation to disprove what we present....
G.

pooltchr
10-16-2010, 07:01 AM
Are you suggesting that a grass roots movement can no longter be considered a grass roots movement when the begin to have some organization and generate financial support?

The term "grass roots" means it was a nnatural collection of like minded individuals. It is a term refering to it's actual origins. Any movement, in order to be effective, must have both organization and financial support to continue to grow. 50 million individuals can not be as effective as an organization with 50 million members.

This country is the direct result of a grass roots movement. The Boston Tea Party was a grass roots movement. People (individuals) were fed up with the unfair taxation. The end result of that frustration was the American Revolution and the formation of this (organized) country.

Steve

LWW
10-16-2010, 12:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I was talking about the fact that the tea party is anything but a spontaneous grass roots movement. </div></div>

If you make the accusation you should back it up ... but you can't, and yes I already knew that.

Case closed.

LWW

LWW
10-16-2010, 12:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you suggesting that a grass roots movement can no longter be considered a grass roots movement when the begin to have some organization and generate financial support?

Steve </div></div>

He is suggesting that if the party puts it on the spoon that the TPM is a fraud he believes it ... if they put it on the spoon that the fact that Obama took foreign money by the baskets proves it was a grass roots movement he believes it ... if they put it on the spoon that the fact that the banks and big pharma backing Obama proves that they actually support the republicans he believes it.

The only thing recently I can give Aitch credit for is actually realizing that Obama's boy buggering jet loaning hypocritical minister pal wasn't a republichicken.

LWW

hondo
10-16-2010, 05:02 PM
Glad to know you still care enough to hang on my every word dear heart.

Hondo

pooltchr
10-16-2010, 05:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glad to know you still care enough to hang on my every word dear heart.

Hondo </div></div>

Are you completely incapable of having an original thought?

Steve

Qtec
10-16-2010, 05:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Q, I would like to believe in my heart that some of the talking heads on here realize the truth about the TP <u>but choose to pretend otherwise cause it fits their agenda.</u> </div></div>

The only reply to my post was "Yer funnee". After that they attacked you.

The RW don't have the backing of the majority of the people but they do have the backing of elitists like the Koch Bros. What they have done is make the extreme RW look like they represent ordinary folks.

When people who have just had a Tax reduction are protesting about higher taxes.
When people on MediCare are protesting, "We don't want Govt HC.

When ,...need I go on?

These instances of total ignorance of the facts point to the success of the RW Koch etc propaganda.
Spread by RW radio hosts and most importantly Fox News, we have a dis-info campaign which has 20% of the Rep/TP people believing it!

The TP was invented and all those in it are sheep.

Q

pooltchr
10-16-2010, 06:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The RW don't have the backing of the majority of the people Q </div></div>

IF that is true, why is the left working so hard to discredit them? Why is the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES going to a liberal state like Deleware to campaign against one of them?

If there are so many more leftwingers than there are conservatives, then how is it there are so many Democrats fighting for their political lives right now?

If the majority wasn't leaning right, then why wouldn't the Dems just be on cruise control?

Steve

Qtec
10-16-2010, 07:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IF that is true, </div></div>

It is true. The dems have a majority in both houses and the Presidency, but did the Right accept the will of the people.

Haven't the GOP did everything in their power to stop Obama enacting the programs he was voted in for, by the majority.

The TP might bre vocal but they are the fringe.

Q

pooltchr
10-16-2010, 08:25 PM
Yes, the GOP did everything they could to stop Obama from his massive dismantling of our country, and the GOP is about to be rewarded for their efforts in about 2 weeks.

Steve

Stretch
10-17-2010, 01:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, the GOP did everything they could to stop Obama from his massive dismantling of our country, and the GOP is about to be rewarded for their efforts in about 2 weeks.

Steve </div></div>

Not to paranoid ar ya. Where were you in the last 10 years? Oh, this happened suddenly with the present administration, ok. St.

LWW
10-17-2010, 02:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IF that is true, </div></div>

It is true. The dems have a majority in both houses and the Presidency, but did the Right accept the will of the people.

Q </div></div>

And, again, you embrace the lie.

In 2006, when the democrooks took congress, they ran on what is now basically the Tea Party Platform:

- Reducing the defiicit.
- Promoting jobs.
- Promoting capitalism.
- Lower taxes.
- Ethical government.

It was all a lie.

The people realize that ... it's a shame you still don't.

Furthermore ... with a majority in the house, a democrooke POTUS, and a 60-40 majority in the senate the republicans were absolutely incapable of obstructionism.

LWW

Qtec
10-17-2010, 04:10 AM
We are talking about the last Presidential election. Try and keep up.

More than half the voting pop voted for Obama and his policies. The minority has succeeded in sabotaging everything Obama has tried to do. The GOP has rejected the will of the people and now serves their elite masters...the super rich.......the new Monarchy....and you suck it up.

Q.......BTW, from 2000 to 2006 the GOP had a majority in both houses and the Presidency. Lets not forget that. In those days, you only needed a majority to pass a bill in the Senate.

LWW
10-17-2010, 05:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are talking about the last Presidential election. Try and keep up.

More than half the voting pop voted for Obama and his policies. The minority has succeeded in sabotaging everything Obama has tried to do. The GOP has rejected the will of the people and now serves their elite masters...the super rich.......the new Monarchy....and you suck it up.

Q.......BTW, from 2000 to 2006 the GOP had a majority in both houses and the Presidency. Lets not forget that. In those days, you only needed a majority to pass a bill in the Senate. </div></div>

Sorry Snoopy ... but you referred to both 2006 and 2008.

But, if you want to bring 2008 up, that's the year that the regime bussed voters from polling station to polling station to vote multiple times.

Oh, and funded it with money from foreigners and convcted felons such as George Soros ... but as long as it advanced the neo-Marxist agenda you don't care.

LWW

Qtec
10-17-2010, 05:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But, if you want to bring 2008 up, </div></div>

NO! I'm bringing up the years 2000-2006, the years you don't want to talk about- as your post above so CLEARLY shows.

Q

LWW
10-17-2010, 06:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are talking about the last Presidential election. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> NO! I'm bringing up the years 2000-2006, the years you don't want to talk about- as your post above so CLEARLY shows.

Q </div></div>

Methinks thou art confused?
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/lww/ONLINE%20ARGUMENTS/Snoopy.jpg

LWW