PDA

View Full Version : TP thugocracy.......

Qtec
10-18-2010, 06:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 17pt'>Miller security guards handcuff journalist</span>

By RICHARD MAUER
rmauer@adn.com

Published: October 17th, 2010 10:25 PM
Last Modified: October 17th, 2010 11:56 PM

The editor of the Alaska Dispatch website was arrested by U.S. Senate candidate Joe Miller's private security guards Sunday as the editor attempted to interview Miller at the end of a public event in an Anchorage school.
Tony Hopfinger was handcuffed by the guards and detained in a hallway at Central Middle School until Anchorage police came and told the guards to release Hopfinger.

Hopfinger has not been charged but the owner of the Drop Zone, the private security firm that's been providing Miller's security, accused Hopfinger of trespassing at the public event, a town hall sponsored by the Miller campaign. The owner, William Fulton, also said Hopfinger assaulted a man by shoving him.

Anchorage Police who responded to the call said they would leave it to the District Attorney's office to decide whether to prosecute. They spent more than an hour taking statements, then left.

Hopfinger, who was holding a small video camera, said he was attempting to draw out a statement from Miller on why he was disciplined by the Fairbanks North Star Borough when Miller worked there as a part-time attorney. After Miller walked away, Hopfinger said, he was surrounded by Miller supporters and security guards and felt threatened, so he pushed one of them away.

Fulton said the man shoved by Hopfinger was not hurt.

Hopfinger said that after he shoved the man away, the guards grabbed him, cuffed his hands behind his back with steel handcuffs and sat him in a chair in the school hallway, Hopfinger said.

One of the guards grabbed Hopfinger's video camera. Later, Hopfinger said that when he got the camera back, the segment covering the span of the arrest was missing. An Anchorage police officer offered to take the camera into custody and have it examined in the crime lab to investigate whether evidence had been destroyed, but Hopfinger declined. He said he needed the camera and the remaining video for his work.

The guard who grabbed the camera said Hopfinger had dropped it in the scuffle and denied erasing anything. The guard wouldn't give his name.

While Hopfinger was still in handcuffs, the guards attempted to prevent other reporters from talking to him and threatened them too with arrest for trespass. A Daily News reporter interviewed Hopfinger anyway. No other reporters were arrested, though a few shoving matches and chest bumps ensued as the guards attempted to cordon off Hopfinger and block photographs and videos from being taken of the bizarre school scene.

The Miller campaign released a written one-paragraph statement from Fuller, then followed with a statement titled, "Liberal Blogger 'Loses It' at Town Hall Meeting." In that statement, Miller accused Hopfinger of assaulting someone and of taking advantage of the meeting to "create a publicity stunt."

He said his personal security detail had to take action to detain "the irrational blogger."

Miller campaign spokesman Randy DeSoto declined to comment or to make Miller, himself a witness, available for news interviews.

The 3 p.m. town hall was billed by the Miller campaign as a chance for voters to "hear Joe Miller speak for himself." It was hardly a private gathering. In a Facebook message, the campaign urged Miller supporters to bring their "friends, colleagues, family, acquaintances, neighbors." And continuing what has become its anti-media theme, the campaign added, "Don't let the media skew your views."

In the gym rented from the Anchorage School District, Miller spent about 45 minutes addressing the crowd of several hundred and answering -- or deflecting -- questions.

Read more: link (http://www.adn.com/2010/10/17/1506223/miller-security-guards-handcuff.html#ixzz12i6Djj6T) </div></div>

A TP ethically challenged TP candidate holds a town hall and runs from the press. Nothing new in that but having your thugs handcuff a journalist for doing his job is way over the top.

Q

hondo
10-18-2010, 06:21 AM
And now for the spins. Killer B's- the forum is yours.

Gayle in MD
10-18-2010, 06:27 AM
Typical. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

LWW
10-18-2010, 04:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And now for the spins. Killer B's- the forum is yours. </div></div>

No need for spin ... I read the article and, as I suspected, Snoopy was shot down by his own data.

Again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 17pt'>Miller security guards handcuff journalist</span>

By RICHARD MAUER
rmauer@adn.com

Published: October 17th, 2010 10:25 PM
Last Modified: October 17th, 2010 11:56 PM

The editor of the Alaska Dispatch website was arrested by U.S. Senate candidate Joe Miller's private security guards Sunday as the editor attempted to interview Miller at the end of a public event in an Anchorage school.
Tony Hopfinger was handcuffed by the guards and detained in a hallway at Central Middle School until Anchorage police came and told the guards to release Hopfinger.

Hopfinger has not been charged but the owner of the Drop Zone, the private security firm that's been providing Miller's security, accused Hopfinger of trespassing at the public event, a town hall sponsored by the Miller campaign. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>The owner, William Fulton, also said Hopfinger assaulted a man by shoving him.</span>

Anchorage Police who responded to the call said they would leave it to the District Attorney's office to decide whether to prosecute. They spent more than an hour taking statements, then left.

Hopfinger, who was holding a small video camera, said he was attempting to draw out a statement from Miller on why he was disciplined by the Fairbanks North Star Borough when Miller worked there as a part-time attorney. After Miller walked away, Hopfinger said, he was surrounded by Miller supporters and security guards and felt threatened, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>so he pushed one of them away.</span>

Fulton said the man shoved by Hopfinger was not hurt.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Hopfinger said that after he shoved the man away, the guards grabbed him, cuffed his hands behind his back with steel handcuffs and sat him in a chair in the school hallway</span>, Hopfinger said.

One of the guards grabbed Hopfinger's video camera. Later, Hopfinger said that when he got the camera back, the segment covering the span of the arrest was missing. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>An Anchorage police officer offered to take the camera into custody and have it examined in the crime lab to investigate whether evidence had been destroyed, but Hopfinger declined.</span> He said he needed the camera and the remaining video for his work.

The guard who grabbed the camera said Hopfinger had dropped it in the scuffle and denied erasing anything. The guard wouldn't give his name.

While Hopfinger was still in handcuffs, the guards attempted to prevent other reporters from talking to him and threatened them too with arrest for trespass. A Daily News reporter interviewed Hopfinger anyway. No other reporters were arrested, though a few shoving matches and chest bumps ensued as the guards attempted to cordon off Hopfinger and block photographs and videos from being taken of the bizarre school scene.

The Miller campaign released a written one-paragraph statement from Fuller, then followed with a statement titled, "Liberal Blogger 'Loses It' at Town Hall Meeting." In that statement, Miller accused Hopfinger of assaulting someone and of taking advantage of the meeting to "create a publicity stunt."

He said his personal security detail had to take action to detain "the irrational blogger."

Miller campaign spokesman Randy DeSoto declined to comment or to make Miller, himself a witness, available for news interviews.

The 3 p.m. town hall was billed by the Miller campaign as a chance for voters to "hear Joe Miller speak for himself." It was hardly a private gathering. In a Facebook message, the campaign urged Miller supporters to bring their "friends, colleagues, family, acquaintances, neighbors." And continuing what has become its anti-media theme, the campaign added, "Don't let the media skew your views."

In the gym rented from the Anchorage School District, Miller spent about 45 minutes addressing the crowd of several hundred and answering -- or deflecting -- questions.

Read more: link (http://www.adn.com/2010/10/17/1506223/miller-security-guards-handcuff.html#ixzz12i6Djj6T) </div></div>

A TP ethically challenged TP candidate holds a town hall and runs from the press. Nothing new in that but having your thugs handcuff a journalist for doing his job is way over the top.

Q </div></div>
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/lww/ONLINE%20ARGUMENTS/Snoopy.jpg

LWW

LWW
10-18-2010, 04:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Typical. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </div></div>

Quite typical.

A moonbat creates a commotion ... the left blames those enforcing the rule of law.

The moonbat makes a ridiculous claim about the video being erased ... and then backs down when law enforcement asks to send it to the crime lab.

A leftist posts it with a completely misleading thread title.

Two more leftists buy into the bravo sierra without hesitation.

Yes, sadly. it is quite typical.

LWW

pooltchr
10-18-2010, 04:28 PM
Having been proven wrong so many times, it's a wonder they don't learn to actually read and comprehend things before they jump the gun with their posting.

I would be embarrassed to be caught in so many lies.

Steve

sack316
10-18-2010, 04:34 PM
that's not the way it works Steve. The plan from "over there" is to just throw as much out there as possible, hoping something sticks. So what if a lot is proven wrong? They can throw enough around to make keeping up with debunking nearly impossible... and then still claim victory for the low percentage of things that turn out to be accurate.

Sack

Qtec
10-19-2010, 01:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Quite typical.

A moonbat

A leftist

Two more leftists

quite typical.

LWW </div></div>

Agreed. Typical LWW

Q

Qtec
10-19-2010, 01:14 AM
The only thing we know for sure was that a journalist was arrested for 'trespassing' at a Town Hall meeting called by the TP candidate in question, while trying to do his job. All he wanted to do was ask a question.

Freedom of the press?

Q......why is it that virtually all of the TP candidate nutjobs run from the press?

Answer. Every time they open their mouth they show their ignorance.

Q...........and that's the truth!

LWW
10-19-2010, 02:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only thing we know for sure was that a journalist was arrested for 'trespassing' at a Town Hall meeting called by the TP candidate in question, while trying to do his job. All he wanted to do was ask a question. </div></div>

Incorrect. We also know that:

- He lied about the video being erased.

- You leaped to pass judgement without reading your own link.

- You are now trying to save face by acting as if you want an impartial truth.

LWW

LWW
10-19-2010, 02:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Having been proven wrong so many times, it's a wonder they don't learn to actually read and comprehend things before they jump the gun with their posting.

I would be embarrassed to be caught in so many lies.

Steve </div></div>

You assume that everyone is capable of shame.

LWW

LWW
10-19-2010, 02:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Quite typical.

A moonbat

A leftist

Two more leftists

quite typical.

LWW </div></div>

Agreed. Typical LWW

Q </div></div>

Thanks.

Yes, it's quite typical that I have to read what you and G link to and then show you that it doesn't match the sensational thread title you assign to it.

LWW

Qtec
10-19-2010, 02:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He lied about the video being erased. </div></div>

How do you know that then?

Just because someone says something doesn't make it true.

They arrested a journalist and handcuffed him, those are facts.

Miller has ethical problems and he doesn't want anyone to ask him about them. That's a fact.

You should have read further.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Another criticized Miller's announcement last week that<span style='font-size: 17pt'> he would no longer answer questions about his character or his personal history.</span> While his opponents have previous records in elective office, he does not, the woman said. "In this instance, you have no record, so it's meaningful and it's reasonable that we would want to examine your professional background and your military ..."

Miller interrupted her and said he knew she was a supporter of his opponent, write-in candidate Sen. Lisa Murkowski. He said he had a public record as a state and federal judge in Fairbanks and Tok, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>but added he wanted to talk about the national debt, not <u>the farm subsidy he received in Kansas</u>.</span>

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>Miller said he would talk to people after the open question period, <u>but he quickly left the room.</u></span>

Miller's vow to not answer questions about his own behavior <span style='font-size: 20pt'>includes his refusal to respond to allegations that he was disciplined for using government computers for partisan political activity when he was a part-time borough attorney there.</span> The Alaska Dispatch, the Fairbanks News-Miner and the Anchorage Daily News are suing the borough in an attempt to get Miller's full personnel file.

Hopfinger said he followed Miller out of the gym with his video camera, peppering him with questions about the borough job.

As they were walking down a hall, Miller reversed directions and Hopfinger found himself surrounded by Miller supporters and the security detail, all of them wearing radio earphones.

Fulton said that because the school district rented the space to the campaign, it had the right to declare anyone in trespass. <u>He said Hopfinger was "stalking" Miller and posed a security threat.</u>

Hopfinger said that when he was told he was in trespass, he wasn't given any time to leave. Everything happened in seconds, he said.

Read more: http://www.adn.com/2010/10/17/1506223/miller-security-guards-handcuff.html#ixzz12nCQWgJB</div></div>

Q

Q

Q

LWW
10-19-2010, 02:44 AM
I read your linked article Snoop.

I suggest that you do as well.

LWW

Qtec
10-19-2010, 03:00 AM
Who is this Snoop guy you think you are talking to? You been takin' that Hill Billy heroin again?

Q

If not...........Finally, I have reduced the Great Debater, the Liberal Dragon Slayer, to a point where he has given up discussion. All he can do now is call me names. LMFAO.

What an IQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The slang term hillbilly heroin for OxyContin refers to the occurrence of the "earliest reported cases of Oxycontin abuse" in the U.S. in rural areas such...RW talk radio.....Rush Limbaugh etc. Ha. </div></div>

LWW
10-19-2010, 03:28 AM
The truth is that there can be no discussion with you.

In true doublethink fashion, you consistently post an article as "PROOF" and then stare at it and deny that it says what it clearly says.

I continue to converse with you only to demonstrate the folly of doublethink.

This is where you deny that your original post even exists.

LWW

Qtec
10-19-2010, 04:38 AM
I was talking SPECIFICS, look it up. You talk in generalities.

BTW, show me where I deny the post I posted ever exists. Come on big boy, stretch that tiny brain of yours. We are ALL waiting for you to shoot ME down.

Q........

LWW
10-19-2010, 05:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was talking SPECIFICS, look it up. You talk in generalities.

BTW, show me where I deny the post I posted ever exists. Come on big boy, stretch that tiny brain of yours. We are ALL waiting for you to shoot ME down.

Q........ </div></div>

I didn't say you did, I said that this would be a convenient place for you to do so.

Instead, you chose the even less logical approach ... you posted the article as proof of TP thugocracy ... and then denied the statements of your own star witness here:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He lied about the video being erased. </div></div>

How do you know that then?

Just because someone says something doesn't make it true.

Q </div></div>

So, in typical doublethink, your evidence is both incontrovertible and bogus at the same time in your mind.

Now, please proceed.

I enjoy watching you flail about.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/lww/ONLINE%20ARGUMENTS/Snoopy.jpg

LWW

Gayle in MD
10-19-2010, 06:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only thing we know for sure was that a journalist was arrested for 'trespassing' at a Town Hall meeting called by the TP candidate in question, while trying to do his job. All he wanted to do was ask a question.

Freedom of the press?

Q......why is it that virtually all of the TP candidate nutjobs run from the press?

Answer. Every time they open their mouth they show their ignorance.

Q...........and that's the truth! </div></div>

Exactly! Ever noticed whenever one from each side of the isle are facing off in any kind of televised punditry, the rightie is always the one screaming and interrupting non stop.

My comment, is off the subject, but it really is consistantly the way it goes. They run their mouths, out of fear that if they take a breath, someone will slip in a question, or a fact, they they're busy covering up with their incessant diversionary blather.

Palin, a good example. Coudn't answer even the most simple questions, now she's a big political star, thanks to all of the idiots who couldn't see through her vast ignorance, so they made her a star. She has really worked them well.... runs her mouth, screaming, and schreeching like a damn pig, as she goes. Incredible! Your point is factual, and the action was indefensible, yet the BD thugocracy "thinks" they shot you down. LMAO! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of the guards grabbed Hopfinger's video camera. Later, Hopfinger said that when he got the camera back, the segment covering the span of the arrest was missing. An Anchorage police officer offered to take the camera into custody and have it examined in the crime lab to investigate whether evidence had been destroyed, but Hopfinger declined. He said he needed the camera and the remaining video for his work.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>While Hopfinger was still in handcuffs, the guards attempted to prevent other reporters from talking to him and threatened them too with arrest for trespass. A Daily News reporter interviewed Hopfinger anyway. No other reporters were arrested, though a few shoving matches and chest bumps ensued as the guards attempted to cordon off Hopfinger and block photographs and videos from being taken of the bizarre school scene.</span>The Miller campaign released a written one-paragraph statement from Fuller, then followed with a statement titled, "Liberal Blogger 'Loses It' at Town Hall Meeting." In that statement, Miller accused Hopfinger of assaulting someone and of taking advantage of the meeting to "create a publicity stunt."

<span style="color: #FF0000">LMAO, so it's now a publicity stunt for a reporter to ask a candidate from the right, of course, a question about his very questionable past illegal behavior! </span>

<span style="color: #FF0000">I hope he sues the SOB! </span>

Read more: http://www.adn.com/2010/10/17/1506223/miller-security-guards-handcuff.html#ixzz12o8dzar5 </div></div>

avmaster
10-19-2010, 06:47 AM
Don't need to shoot you down, You do that to yourself repeatedly and profieciently..........

pooltchr
10-19-2010, 11:58 AM
Notice how they completely dismiss the charges that the guy started a physical confrontation? They would rather think their guy was a victim, and not the cause of the problem.

This is their normal tactic. They completely ignore anything that goes contrary to their agenda.

Foolish, blind partisanship.

Steve

LWW
10-19-2010, 01:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Exactly! Ever noticed whenever one from each side of the isle are facing off in any kind of televised punditry, the rightie is always the one screaming and interrupting non stop.</div></div>

Pull your snout out of the swamp water and cite some actual instances then?

What's that?

LWW

Qtec
10-20-2010, 12:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Notice how they completely dismiss the charges <u>that the guy started a physical confrontation?</u> They would rather think their guy was a victim, and not the cause of the problem.

This is their normal tactic. They completely ignore anything that goes contrary to their agenda.

Steve </div></div>

Who is this guy? He must be some kind of Kung Fu expert to start a fight when he is outnumbered by security guards who are actual serving military!

Look at this picture. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Do you really think</span> the journo with the glasses is saying, "just take these handcuffs of you SOBs and I will kick all your asses!

http://media.adn.com/smedia/2010/10/18/13/ReporterCuffed2.85282.original.highlight.prod_affi liate.7.JPG

Oh yeah, BTW, J Miller is a liar and a cheat.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Fairbanks Daily News-Miner has reported that, according to Miller's father, Rex, the younger Miller used co-workers' computers to conduct a poll concerning his bid for Alaska GOP Chairman.

"One noon hour, on his own time at the borough, Joe participated in an online poll voting against [GOP Chairman] Randy [Ruedrich]," Miller said, according to an email from Republican operative Mike Rostad. "He used <span style='font-size: 20pt'>four office computers in the office to do it, thinking this was his chance to boost numbers to get rid of Randy. He emptied the cache files on the computers so the users wouldn't know what he had done.</span>"

Miller later admitted the wrongdoing after his coworkers raised concerns, a breach of policy that drew a reprimand and a period of lost pay, though no suspension or threat of termination, the News-Miner reports. </div></div>
See here (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/19/joe-miller-fired-fairbanks_n_767852.html) and here. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/14/joe-miller-ethics-violation_n_762399.html)

You instantly parrot any post LWW makes. You never check it out and you are ALWAYS decided before you know the facts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Foolish, blind partisanship.

Steve </div></div>

Yep.........that's you.

Q

LWW
10-20-2010, 02:30 AM
Your desperation is showing Snoopy.

Here's some advice:

<u><span style='font-size: 17pt'>HOW TO GET OUT OF A HOLE:</span></u>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>STEP #1:</span>

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>STOP DIGGING.</span>

LWW

pooltchr
10-20-2010, 09:01 AM
Since I wasn't there, I don't know the details. Neither do you. But there were CHARGES that he was pushing people. A lot of journalists think they are entitled to get to anyone they want, any time they want, so the CHARGES are not that outrageous. It's entirely possible the whole thing went down just like it was written, in which case, security did the right thing in restraining him.

But, as a liberal, you will automatically assume your team was in the right.

Typical.

Steve

Gayle in MD
10-20-2010, 09:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Notice how they completely dismiss the charges <u>that the guy started a physical confrontation?</u> They would rather think their guy was a victim, and not the cause of the problem.

Steve </div></div>

Who is this guy? He must be some kind of Kung Fu expert to start a fight when he is outnumbered by security guards who are actual serving military!

Look at this picture. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Do you really think</span> the journo with the glasses is saying, "just take these handcuffs of you SOBs and I will kick all your asses!

http://media.adn.com/smedia/2010/10/18/13/ReporterCuffed2.85282.original.highlight.prod_affi liate.7.JPG

Oh yeah, BTW, J Miller is a liar and a cheat.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Fairbanks Daily News-Miner has reported that, according to Miller's father, Rex, the younger Miller used co-workers' computers to conduct a poll concerning his bid for Alaska GOP Chairman.

"One noon hour, on his own time at the borough, Joe participated in an online poll voting against [GOP Chairman] Randy [Ruedrich]," Miller said, according to an email from Republican operative Mike Rostad. "He used <span style='font-size: 20pt'>four office computers in the office to do it, thinking this was his chance to boost numbers to get rid of Randy. He emptied the cache files on the computers so the users wouldn't know what he had done.</span>"

Miller later admitted the wrongdoing after his coworkers raised concerns, a breach of policy that drew a reprimand and a period of lost pay, though no suspension or threat of termination, the News-Miner reports. </div></div>
See here (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/19/joe-miller-fired-fairbanks_n_767852.html) and here. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/14/joe-miller-ethics-violation_n_762399.html)

You instantly parrot any post LWW makes. You never check it out and you are ALWAYS decided before you know the facts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Foolish, blind partisanship.

Steve </div></div>

Yep.........that's you.

Q

</div></div>

And always has been!
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

pooltchr
10-20-2010, 03:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[And always has been!
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </div></div>

Coming from someone who has stated repeatedly that they will NEVER vote for a Republican, regardless of who the best candidate for the job might be, that is funny.

I am willing to bet I voted for more Dems in 08 than you voted for Reps.

Thanks for showing us your never ending hypocracy once again.

Steve

LWW
10-20-2010, 03:56 PM
You are trying to reason with someone who believes there are islands in the US congress.

LWW

Qtec
10-24-2010, 04:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since I wasn't there, I don't know the details. Neither do you. But there were CHARGES that he was pushing people. A lot of journalists think they are entitled to get to anyone they want, any time they want, so the CHARGES are not that outrageous. It's entirely possible the whole thing went down just like it was written, in which case, security did the right thing in restraining him.

But, as a liberal, you will automatically assume your team was in the right.

Typical.

Steve </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to a report by the Anchorage Police Department, the head of Joe Miller's security team for his town hall last Sunday couldn't identify who Alaska Dispatch editor Tony Hopfinger allegedly assaulted before the private security guards handcuffed and detained him.

William Fulton, head of DropZone security, had alleged that he detained Hopfinger after the journalist pushed someone up against a locker. Hopfinger had been trying to question and videotape the Republican Senate nominee when the security team asked him to stop. Hopfinger says he was then pushed, and began to push back before he was detained.

But, according to the Dispatch, the APD report says that neither the police, several witnesses interviewed by the police, nor even Fulton himself could identify the victim of Hopfinger's alleged pushing. Sgt. Mark Rein, who wrote the report, said: <span style='font-size: 14pt'>"Fulton then said that he wanted to make an arrest for assault because Hopfinger pushed a man into a locker. I asked him to let me talk to this person. Fulton said that he didn't know who it was, but that he would find him. I gave Fulton 10 minutes to find the unknown assault victim, but none was forthcoming."</span>

<u>Rein also writes that Fulton asked that Hopfinger be arrested for "trespassing," and "told me that he needed me to complete the arrest for his insurance.</u><span style='font-size: 14pt'> I told him that I would not be taking action based on insurance."</span> </div></div>

link (http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/10/police-say-joe-miller-security-team-couldnt-identify-victim-allegedly-assaulted-by-journo.php?ref=fpi)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Joe Miller's Personnel Records Must Be Released, Orders Alaska Judge</span>

| FAIRBANKS, Alaska A judge has ruled that an Alaska borough must release personnel records from Senate Republican candidate Joe Miller's time as a government attorney.

Several news organizations sued for the information. The Daily News-Miner reported Saturday that retired Superior Court Judge Winston Burbank says the public's right to know outweighs Miller's right to privacy.

Miller recently acknowledged he was disciplined for violating the ethics policy while working for the Fairbanks North Star Borough, but said it was unrelated to his departure from the borough.

Burbank ordered that the documents be released by 4 p.m. on Tuesday, which allows time for an appeal. Media attorney Chris Zimmerman says he expects Miller's attorneys to appeal the decision to the Alaska Supreme Court. </div></div>

Q

LWW
10-24-2010, 05:50 AM
So ... you present even more data which doesn't back up your overblown thread title and think that this will achieve what exactly?

LWW