PDA

View Full Version : The truth about health insurance profits ...

LWW
10-19-2010, 03:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As Jonah noted yesterday, 60 Minutes did a great report on Medicare fraud this past Sunday. Among other things, the report noted that Medicare fraud was now more common in South Florida than the drug trade.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Medicare fraud amounts to $60 billion dollars a year. That is one heck of a lot of money. In fact, Medicare loses seven times as much money in fraud every year than the combined profits of the 14 health insurance companies on the Fortune 500.</span> Medicare currently covers 46 million people. How much more money will be lost to fraud when an additional 88 million people are dumped off of employer health insurance rolls in favor of a public option?

And remember, one of the primary reasons that the public option is supposedly better than private insurance is low administrative costs. Well, a major reason why private insurance has higher administrative costs is that, unlike the federal government, they make a genuine effort to combat fraud. </div></div>

OH DEAR! (http://www.nationalreview.com/critical-condition/47981/medicare-fraud-puts-insurance-profits-perspective/mark-hemingway)

OH MY! (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/10/23/60minutes/main5414390.shtml)

Who would have guessed that CBS News was a right wing nut blog controlled by Karl Rove?

LWW

Qtec
10-19-2010, 04:01 AM
So...............you need better regulation and CEO's like Rick Scott - GOP candidate running for office in Florida- should be in jail where they belong?

Q

LWW
10-19-2010, 04:09 AM
You just refuse to get it don't you.

Gubmint is inherently inefficient, and when unattended to by an alert electorate it is inherently corrupt.

LWW

Qtec
10-19-2010, 04:31 AM
I was talking about the subject of Elitism.

Lets talk about rick Scott...........got the balls?

Q....surely the TP back to basic Govt lot would never support an 'Elitist?'

LWW
10-19-2010, 05:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was talking about the subject of Elitism.

Lets talk about rick Scott...........got the balls?

Q....surely the TP back to basic Govt lot would never support an 'Elitist?' </div></div>

The topic(s) at hand is/are gubmint waste and fraud in the medical insurance system and how it dwarfs the amount of profits that the private health insurance companies make ... and how the regime pimps the lie of gubmint efficiency ro the willing O-cultists who embrace the lies with open arms.

IOW ... the gubmint tolerates an amount in fraud alone that outpaces the profits of the entire private healthcare industry. Your beloved state spoon med mythology has been ... again ... sacrificed on the altar of truth.

That sir is the topic and we all know you lack the testicular fortitude to actually discuss the topic at hand.

Should you desire to discuss Rick Scott, then start your own thread Snoopy.

Barring that, you have again shot off your own propeller.
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/lww/ONLINE%20ARGUMENTS/Snoopy.jpg

LWW

eg8r
10-19-2010, 07:37 AM
I sure wish I had someone better to vote for than Rick Scott.

eg8r

Qtec
10-20-2010, 01:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The topic(s) at hand is/are gubmint waste and fraud in the medical insurance system </div></div>

Is it the Govt committing the fraud or is it Hospitals and the insurance companies? You know, PRIVATE companies.

HC companies make their money by denying healthcare. You said fraud and Rick Scott was the CEO of a company that received the biggest fine ever because they defrauded the Govt on a massive scale............and he is now running for office and has TP support.

Q

Qtec
10-20-2010, 01:07 AM
Go to your local bar. Find a drunk and you can bet your house he is more trustworthy than Rick Scott. The guy should be in jail.

Q

LWW
10-20-2010, 02:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The topic(s) at hand is/are gubmint waste and fraud in the medical insurance system </div></div>

Is it the Govt committing the fraud or is it Hospitals and the insurance companies? You know, PRIVATE companies.

Q

</div></div>

You obviously have no cognitive understanding of the topic.

LWW

Qtec
10-20-2010, 02:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it the Govt committing the fraud or is it Hospitals and the insurance companies? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You obviously have no cognitive understanding of the topic.

LWW </div></div>

Typical............ No answer.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> LOL </span>

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Its a simple yes or no.</span>

<span style='font-size: 23pt'>Is that too difficult for you? </span>

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>Yes or No?</span>
Q

LWW
10-20-2010, 02:56 AM
Again, you obviously don't understand the topic ... which is that the fraud, not even counting bureaucratic waste, involved in state ran health care exceeds the profits of the entire private insurance industry.

From that simple fact one can only assume that turning the entire system over to the state will lead to an explosion of waste, fraud, and abuse which will break the entire system.

Please, stay on topic.

LWW

Qtec
10-20-2010, 03:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Again, you obviously don't understand the topic </div></div>

Again, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>your opinion.</span> ie, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>Nothing to do with reality.</span>

The reality is................<span style='font-size: 26pt'>YOU cannot give a simple Yes or No.</span>

The whole board has seen how I asked you a simple Q and you refuse to answer.

LOL

Q..........can't shoot LWW down any more when he can't even get off the ground. Shame. Oh well..........La Di da

LWW
10-20-2010, 03:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Again, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>your opinion.</span> ie, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>Nothing to do with reality.</span>

</div></div>

I have not entered an opinion.

I have placed facts on the table.

The notion that truth causes you to recoil in horror is your problem and not mine.

LWW

Qtec
10-20-2010, 04:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

I have not entered an opinion. <span style="color: #CC0000">LMFAO..that's all you have done.</span>

I have placed facts on the table.

The notion that truth causes you to recoil in horror is your problem and not mine.

LWW </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">YOU cannot give a simple Yes or No. </div></div>

Can you?

Everyone can see it except you.

Q

LWW
10-20-2010, 04:58 AM
It's very simple Snoopy ... if you want to discuss another topic then start a thread on that topic.

This thread is on another topic than what you wish to deflect it to.

LWW

Qtec
10-20-2010, 05:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> if you want to discuss another topic </div></div>
Lets discuss this topic then. Yes or No?

Waiting........we all are.

Q

eg8r
10-20-2010, 07:14 AM
Whether you are right or not, the Dem option is even worse.

eg8r