PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know Ian Costello

08-31-2002, 07:44 PM
Anyone know anything about this kid Ian Costello I was just watching him in the Texas State Open(had to come and put daughter to bed and headed right back)and he looked pretty strong.
Vivian just won 9-0 and Jeremy Jones is stuck in a defensive match leading 3-2.
Little David just lost 9-8. Any info on Ian. I am thinking about staking a friend against him later on tonight.
FatSam

08-31-2002, 10:35 PM
If it's the same Ian I'm thinking of (short stature with curly dark hair, around 21) he lived in Charlotte up until 3-4 years ago and hung out all the time at Mother's Billiards. He was around some very good players to learn from at Mother's (including Allison) and learned alot. He always did alot of gambling and played one-pocket - even at a young age. It seems like he moved away to Vegas around 1999. He was still very green at that time, but clearly had alot of talent. Does this sound like it might be the same Ian? - Chris in NC

09-01-2002, 12:02 AM
That's him. He was gone by the time I got back up there and after asking around I decided unless he would give my boy some serious weight it may not be worth it. He is still in although in the loser's bracket. Jeremy Jones is also in the loser's bracket and I think they play at 9 am tomorrow.