PDA

View Full Version : the Southern Strategy 2010

Qtec
10-21-2010, 02:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rachel Maddow hits another one out of the ballpark with her reporting on the GOP's resurrection of the Southern Strategy for the mid-term 2010 elections. <span style='font-size: 17pt'>What's astounding, as she notes, is that they're not paying a price for it from the media.</span> Time will tell shortly if they pay one with the electorate. I'm not sure if they're capable of enough caging operations to make up for the amount of bigotry and race-baiting we've seen from Republicans this year. Maybe they're just counting on Diebold to make up for it instead. </div></div>

link (http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/rachel-maddow-gop-southern-strategy-resurr)

Q

LWW
10-21-2010, 03:42 AM
You, again, have no clue about what you speak.

In America 2010 racism is by far most prevalent in the north.

LWW

sack316
10-21-2010, 05:04 AM
My Dad is a Yank... as crazy as it may sound, according to him it's been that way for quite some time.

Sack

Qtec
10-21-2010, 05:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My Dad is a Yank... as crazy as it may sound, <u>according to him</u> it's been that way for quite some time.

Sack </div></div>

Well that's that then. Case closed.

Between that statement and this from LWW,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You, again, have no clue about what you speak. </div></div>

I'm convinced. How can anyone stand a chance against such logic, such a well presented argument...........LMAO

Q

pooltchr
10-21-2010, 07:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You, again, have no clue about what you speak.

</div></div>

An activity shared by most of the radical wingnuts.
Nothing new.

Steve

sack316
10-21-2010, 10:48 AM
ok, look at Boston as an example. That's one of the most, if not the most, racist filled cities in this country.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

No, it's not case closed. Nor is it case closed because Maddow says something. Or me. Or LWW. Or you. Or my Dad.

But so happens my Dad was raised in PA. Was military for 20 years and lived in several areas around the country. And finally retired here in Alabama. Given his first hand personal life experience living in both in the north and the south, I definitely lend some credibility to what he says on the matter.

Not to mention all of my friends and relationships I've had that have lived both here in Bama as well as various places up north, who say the same thing.

Racism is a problem nationwide, and not exclusive to the south... and no better or worse here than it is anywhere else.

Sack

hondo
10-21-2010, 11:02 AM
LOL! Boston doesn't count. You know how those friggin Irish are.

Hondo ( 90% Irish)

pooltchr
10-21-2010, 11:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
But so happens my Dad was raised in PA. Was military for 20 years and lived in several areas around the country. And finally retired here in Alabama. Given his first hand personal life experience living in both in the north and the south, I definitely lend some credibility to what he says on the matter.

</div></div>

On the other hand, Q has lived in.....oh, wait a minute. He has no firsthand knowledge of what it's like here...he lives in another country.

Q. Why don't you give us your opinions on racism in the different geographic parts of your country???

Steve

sack316
10-21-2010, 12:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL! Boston doesn't count. You know how those friggin Irish are.

Hondo ( 90% Irish) </div></div>

lol, I'm also part Irish... so I understand /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif That is as long as Q says I'm allowed to understand due to first hand knowledge /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Also got some German and Armenian in me. One attempted genocide, one was a victim of attempted genocide. No wonder I'm so messed up and confused /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

sack316
10-21-2010, 12:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Q. Why don't you give us your opinions on racism in the different geographic parts of your country???

Steve </div></div>

And then we can correct his first hand experiences with things we watch and read from third party sources, and insist our version must be the most accurate

Sack

Deeman3
10-21-2010, 12:18 PM
Anyone see a picture of that Maddow nut woman before she went over to the dark side? She did not look that bad. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

How can anyone stand more than 5 minutes of her rants? Oh! That's right, she has all of 5,000 viewers a night. Well, 5001 counting her Dutch audience. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

sack316
10-21-2010, 12:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone see a picture of that Maddow nut woman before she went over to the dark side? She did not look that bad. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

</div></div>

Wow, good call Deeman... found a high school yearbook picture of her:
http://zeldalily.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/RACHEL-MADDOW-YEARBOOK-PHOTO.jpg

Looks more like a Fox anchor back in the day /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

I'm not a fan of short hair, but I actually do think she is still pretty attractive... as long as I mute my TV.

Sack

LWW
10-21-2010, 05:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My Dad is a Yank... as crazy as it may sound, <u>according to him</u> it's been that way for quite some time.

Sack </div></div>

Between that statement and this from LWW,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You, again, have no clue about what you speak. </div></div>

I'm convinced. How can anyone stand a chance against such logic, such a well presented argument...........LMAO

Q </div></div>

You don't stand a chance Snoop until you start thinking on your own.

LWW

Gayle in MD
10-22-2010, 02:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok, look at Boston as an example. That's one of the most, if not the most, racist filled cities in this country.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

No, it's not case closed. Nor is it case closed because Maddow says something. Or me. Or LWW. Or you. Or my Dad.

Not to mention all of my friends and relationships I've had that have lived both here in Bama as well as various places up north, who say the same thing.

Racism is a problem nationwide, and not exclusive to the south... and no better or worse here than it is anywhere else.

Sack
</div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Hilarious, Sack. So, you and your family members, have the last say, huh?

Using Boston, in comparison to Alabama, also hilarious.

This idea that the South is not more racist than the North, is truly a desperate attempt to deny reality, if ever there was one.

It is a FACT, that Democratics lost the South, back when Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act.

It was in The South, that the National Gaurd, had to be called in to desegregate our schools.

It was in The South, thata after the Civil War was over, that iinsurgents continued to kill African Americans.

It was to the North, to which the slaves escaped Slavery.

It was to the Republiocan Party, that the radical racists ran, and where they remain today, from the homophobes, to the racists, to the Islamophobics, to the misogynists, to the anti-women's rights, anti equal pay for equal work, and where they remain,, to this day, and we all know what states are included in the Republican secter of this country, the stripe down the middle of the country, AKA, the flyover states, and the South!

Those who left the Democratic Party, joined the Christian Coalition, and the Republican Party, both of which are the most racist, Homophobic, misogynist organizations, in the country. Has not one of the Tea Party Candidates, Paul, already stated that he is agasint The Civil Rights Act?

Every Republican states they are against Constitutional Law, everry single one of them, and you can't give me one example of any Republican, thata I can't prove to you, is against some part of the Constitution Of The United States Of America.

Do we not have a Republican Governor, fighting to use racial profiling in her state, and you Southern boys on here have defended that action for months on this forum.

In fact, only through reading this forum, have I realized the degree of racist, homophobic, misogynistic attitudes which are still alive and well in the minds of Southerners.

As well, although we were all crippled by racist attitudes back in your Father's day, I don't know his age, so maybe I should say back in my Father's day, AND BEFORE THAT, SOME of us have grown past those outdated, unAmerican ideas, but NOT the South, as one could easily see, by reading this forum, The South, is still steeped in their racist attitudes.

The Tea Party, is the crux of that divisive side of the Republican party, as was evident in their signage, and is now evident in their campaign ads....

You can deny it, sure, but your Father's take on the areas of the country, which are most racist, are outdated.

Wasn't it just a week or two ago, that one of your Southern Buddies on here wrote about how much African Americans have hurt this country?

The racist signs alone, of the Tea Party, are proof enough to me, of the organization's racist attitudes.

I don't know how many Islamophobic posts I have read on this forum, and they weren't from the left, but I do know which posters are most famous for writing them, and which organizations have used them to destroy this president...

Have you ever heard of a Liberal White Supremacist Malitia?

LMAO!

Changing words from FETUS, to Baby, and Woman, for Murderer, are just a few of the most repulsive statements by right wingers on this forum, and of course, we wilol never forget the worst misogynistic statement ever written on tis forum, but we're not allowed to quote it, because we're not Right Wing nutjobs.

G.[/</span>color]

LWW
10-22-2010, 03:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

On the other hand, Q has lived in.....oh, wait a minute. He has no firsthand knowledge of what it's like here...he lives in another country.

Steve </div></div>

That's what happens when one gets their "TRUTH" from a spoon.

LWW

Qtec
10-22-2010, 04:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol, I'm also part Irish... so I understand ;\) That is as long as Q says I'm allowed to understand due to first hand knowledge ;\)
</div></div>

Not at all. What you and LWW have offered are opinions, not facts. They may be valid opinions based on personal experience but they are still opinions.
Rachel said what she thought, told us why she thought it and backed up her argument with facts. You may still disagree with her but then you should do the same. Present your argument in the same way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You, again, have no clue about what you speak.
LWW</div></div>

.....just doesn't cut it.

Q

LWW
10-22-2010, 05:44 AM
Well let's see ... the KKK used to own the deep southern state of Indiana.

LWW

eg8r
10-22-2010, 07:41 AM
You really have a serious problem with comprehension. Let's see if I can slow things down for you a bit and help you catch up...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, it's not case closed. Nor is it case closed because Maddow says something. Or me. Or LWW. Or you. Or my Dad.
</div></div><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gaylio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hilarious, Sack. So, you and your family members, have the last say, huh?</div></div>So Sack tells qtip, sorry but the case is not closed no matter what Maddow says, no matter what Sack says, no matter what lww says, no matter what qtip says, no matter what Sack's dad says. Then gaylio stuffs her foot in the hole in her face as far as possible and says, "so Sack, you think your family has the last to say?"

What a trip. After acting the fool and making such a dumb statement after Sack clearly already shot the statement down prior to gayle throwing it up, she goes on to rant. Now that is hilarious.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
10-22-2010, 10:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rachel Maddow hits another one out of the ballpark with her reporting on the GOP's resurrection of the Southern Strategy for the mid-term 2010 elections. <span style='font-size: 17pt'>What's astounding, as she notes, is that they're not paying a price for it from the media.</span> Time will tell shortly if they pay one with the electorate. I'm not sure if they're capable of enough caging operations to make up for the amount of bigotry and race-baiting we've seen from Republicans this year. Maybe they're just counting on Diebold to make up for it instead. </div></div>

link (http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/rachel-maddow-gop-southern-strategy-resurr)

Q </div></div>

I think Rachael is right. There will be loads of Republican shenanigans going on at the polls.

In spite of all of that, Dems will retain the Senate, and most governorships, and in many aspects of politics, governorships are more important for the President's re-election, than maintaining majority in Congress, which, if Repubs gain the majority, will have ONLY the rich in their pockets, after they cut SS, Medicare, funding for a decent education, and people watch their policemen, teachers, and firemen, all vanish from sight...between now and 2012.

More colossal Republican disasters will surely come for the vast majority of Americans, after which, we will have a much brighter 2012....

G.

pooltchr
10-22-2010, 10:54 AM
I see you found your rose colored glasses.

11 days from now, will you remember these predictions?

Steve

LWW
10-22-2010, 03:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #FF0000">
It was in The South, that the National Gaurd, had to be called in to desegregate our schools.

G.</span> </div></div>

Because of racist democrat governors.

LWW

LWW
10-22-2010, 03:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #FF0000">It was in The South, thata after the Civil War was over, that i<s>i</s>nsurgents continued to kill African Americans.

G.</span> </div></div>

Yes, and they were blacks being killed by democrats.

LWW

LWW
10-22-2010, 03:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #FF0000">It was to the North, to which the slaves escaped <s>S</s>slavery.

G.</span> </div></div>

Yes, and they were escaping from democrats.

LWW

sack316
10-23-2010, 05:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You really have a serious problem with comprehension. Let's see if I can slow things down for you a bit and help you catch up...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, it's not case closed. Nor is it case closed because Maddow says something. Or me. Or LWW. Or you. Or my Dad.
</div></div><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gaylio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hilarious, Sack. So, you and your family members, have the last say, huh?</div></div>So Sack tells qtip, sorry but the case is not closed no matter what Maddow says, no matter what Sack says, no matter what lww says, no matter what qtip says, no matter what Sack's dad says. Then gaylio stuffs her foot in the hole in her face as far as possible and says, "so Sack, you think your family has the last to say?"

What a trip. After acting the fool and making such a dumb statement after Sack clearly already shot the statement down prior to gayle throwing it up, she goes on to rant. Now that is hilarious.

eg8r </div></div>

Thanks Ed. I wondered if perhaps I wasn't clear enough somehow. Good to know someone actually reads and pays attention.

Sack

sack316
10-23-2010, 05:59 AM
Hate crimes by State with a race-related motivation bias, per FBI statistics (2006):

1 California: 597
2 Michigan: 477
3 New Jersey: 358
4 Virginia: 200
5 Ohio: 184
6 Massachusetts: 167
7 New York: 145
8 Maryland: 135
9 Texas: 124
10 Florida: 114

Wow, the veritable "who's who" of Southern Bubba states, eh?

Statistically, in present day Alabama you are more likely to get beat down for talking smack about the wrong football team than you are being a victim of a racially motivated attack.

Sack

hondo
10-23-2010, 06:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hate crimes by State with a race-related motivation bias, per FBI statistics (2006):

Statistically, in present day Alabama you are more likely to get beat down for talking smack about the wrong football team than you are being a victim of a racially motivated attack.

Sack
</div></div>

WHAT!?!?!? Where's West Virginia? lww will be crushed by their omission.
Meanwhile, rolling in at number 5. No surprise there. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

sack316
10-23-2010, 06:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hate crimes by State with a race-related motivation bias, per FBI statistics (2006):

Sack
</div></div>

Meanwhile, rolling in at number 5. No surprise there. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif </div></div>

WV rolled in at #33, with a count of 22

Sack

Gayle in MD
10-23-2010, 07:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hate crimes by State with a race-related motivation bias, per FBI statistics (2006):

Sack
</div></div>

Meanwhile, rolling in at number 5. No surprise there. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif </div></div>

WV rolled in at #33, with a count of 22

Sack </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Sack,
This proves nothing. Hate crimes are horrible, but there are many forms of racial discrimination. None of these statistics show per capita results, either.

To single out one aspect of racism, and use it to try to prove a point, particularly when your information is nearly five years old, is beneath your usually intelligent responses, IMO.

My statements abut the South, have been about discrimination against African Americans, have been about crimes and discrimination against African Amaericans.... this graph does not differentiate between African
Americans, white on black, Hispanic on White, it's too vague, IMO.

But if we're not going to consider all the variables, or post current information, then check this out.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

http://www.statemaster.com/graph/cri_lyn_tot-crime-lynchings-total

Crime Statistics &gt; Lynchings &gt; Total (most recent) by state
VIEW DATA: Totals Per capita
Definition Source Printable version

Bar Graph Pie Chart Map

Showing latest available data. Rank States Amount
# 1 Mississippi: 581
# 2 Georgia: 531
# 3 Texas: 493
# 4 Louisiana: 391
# 5 Alabama: 347
# 6 Arkansas: 284
# 7 Florida: 282
# 8 Tennessee: 251
# 9 Kentucky: 205
# 10 South Carolina: 160
= 11 Oklahoma: 122
= 11 Missouri: 122
# 13 North Carolina: 101
# 14 Virginia: 100
# 15 Montana: 84
# 16 Colorado: 68
# 17 Nebraska: 57
# 18 Kansas: 54
# 19 West Virginia: 48
# 20 Indiana: 47
# 21 California: 43
# 22 New Mexico: 36
# 23 Wyoming: 35
# 24 Illinois: 34
# 25 Arizona: 31
# 26 Maryland: 29
# 27 South Dakota: 27
= 28 Ohio: 26
= 28 Washington: 26
# 30 Oregon: 21
# 31 Idaho: 20
# 32 Iowa: 19
# 33 North Dakota: 16
# 34 Minnesota: 9
= 35 Utah: 8
= 35 Michigan: 8
= 35 Pennsylvania: 8
= 38 Nevada: 6
= 38 Wisconsin: 6
= 40 New York: 2
= 40 New Jersey: 2
= 42 Maine: 1
= 42 Delaware: 1
= 42 Vermont: 1
Total: 4,743
Weighted average: 107.8

DEFINITION: Number of total people killed by lynching from 1882 to 1968.

SOURCE: UMKC School of Law
See also

G.</span>

Chopstick
10-23-2010, 07:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #FF0000">

</span> </div></div>

I was under the impression that you were a member possibly even a founding member.

Gayle in MD
10-23-2010, 07:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #FF0000">

</span> </div></div>

I was under the impression that you were a member possibly even a founding member. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Chop,
I've been on this forum for over a decade. Consistantly, during that time, I have spoken out against any and all forms of ethnic, gender based, and race based, discrimination.

You "think" a lot of things, that I don't find reasonable. Apparently, your thoughts about me, on this subject, are equally off the mark.

G.</span>

pooltchr
10-23-2010, 07:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[ Apparently, your thoughts about me, on this subject, are equally off the mark.

G.[/color] </div></div>

I doubt it. We all know <u>exactly</u> what you are!!

Steve

Gayle in MD
10-23-2010, 08:11 AM
Sack,
Here's another one you won't like, LOL... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

http://www.statemaster.com/graph/lif_bes_sta_to_liv-lifestyle-best-states-to-live

Select Category Background Crime Economy Education Energy Geography Government Health Housing Identification Immigration Industry Labor Lifestyle Military People Presidential Elections Sports Trade Transportation (* = Graphable)

SOURCE
Morgan Quitno Press, 2005DEFINITION
Livability Index by state. "To determine a state's 'Livability Rating,' each state's rankings for 44 factors were averaged. The scale is 1 to 50, the higher the number, the better. Data used are for the most recent year in which comparable numbers are available from most states. All factors were given equal weight. States with no data available for a given category were ranked based only on the remaining factors. In our book, data are listed from highest to lowest. However, for purposes of this award, we inverted rankings for those factors we determined to be 'positive.' Thus the state with the highest median income in the book (ranking 1st) would be given a number 50 ranking for this award." - Morgan Quitno PressLifestyle Statistics &gt; Best States to Live (most recent) by state
Bar Graph Map Correlations

# 1 New Hampshire: 35.45
# 2 Minnesota: 33.86
# 3 Vermont: 31.73
# 4 Wyoming: 31.61
# 5 Virginia: 31.57
# 6 Iowa: 31.41
# 7 Massachusetts: 30.8
# 8 New Jersey: 30.77
# 9 South Dakota: 30.73
# 10 Nebraska: 30.52
# 11 North Dakota: 30.43
# 12 Maryland: 30.25
# 13 Wisconsin: 29.75
# 14 Connecticut: 29.68
# 15 Maine: 29.36
# 16 Colorado: 28
# 17 Delaware: 27.66
# 18 Idaho: 27.32
# 19 Utah: 27.14
# 20 Kansas: 26.8
# 21 Indiana: 26.11
# 22 Missouri: 25.82
# 23 Rhode Island: 25.77
# 24 Montana: 25.5
# 25 Washington: 25.07
# 26 Hawaii: 25.02
# 27 Alaska: 24.98
# 28 Michigan: 24.47
# 29 Nevada: 24.41
# 30 New York: 24.09
# 31 Illinois: 23.91
= 32 Ohio: 23.86
= 32 Pennsylvania: 23.86
# 34 Oregon: 22.73
# 35 California: 22.27
# 36 Arizona: 22.11
# 37 Florida: 21.82
# 38 Georgia: 21.77
# 39 Alabama: 21
# 40 North Carolina: 20.61
# 41 Kentucky: 20.48
# 42 New Mexico: 20.43
# 43 Oklahoma: 20.37
# 44 South Carolina: 20.34
# 45 Texas: 19.93
# 46 West Virginia: 19.64
# 47 Tennessee: 19.5
# 48 Arkansas: 19.25
# 49 Louisiana: 17.25
# 50 Mississippi: 16.11
Weighted average: 25.5

DEFINITION: Livability Index by state. "To determine a state's 'Livability Rating,' each state's rankings for 44 factors were averaged. SOURCE: Morgan Quitno Press, 2005

Deeman3
10-23-2010, 08:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
To single out one aspect of racism, and use it to try to prove a point, particularly when your information is nearly five years old, is beneath your usually intelligent responses, IMO.

<span style="color: #FFFF66">So, you wouldn't do anything like that would you? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Ask any sane person if Baltimore or Atlanta were worse during the 1960's for blacks. </span>

http://www.statemaster.com/graph/cri_lyn_tot-crime-lynchings-total

Crime Statistics &gt; Lynchings &gt; Total (most recent) by state
VIEW DATA: Totals Per capita
Definition Source Printable version

Bar Graph Pie Chart Map

# 1 Mississippi: 581
# 2 Georgia: 531
# 3 Texas: 493
# 4 Louisiana: 391
# 5 Alabama: 347
# 6 Arkansas: 284
# 7 Florida: 282
# 8 Tennessee: 251
# 9 Kentucky: 205
# 10 South Carolina: 160
= 11 Oklahoma: 122
= 11 Missouri: 122
# 13 North Carolina: 101
# 14 Virginia: 100
# 15 Montana: 84
# 16 Colorado: 68
# 17 Nebraska: 57
# 18 Kansas: 54
# 19 West Virginia: 48
# 20 Indiana: 47
# 21 California: 43
# 22 New Mexico: 36
# 23 Wyoming: 35
# 24 Illinois: 34
# 25 Arizona: 31
# 26 Maryland: 29
# 27 South Dakota: 27
= 28 Ohio: 26
= 28 Washington: 26
# 30 Oregon: 21
# 31 Idaho: 20
# 32 Iowa: 19
# 33 North Dakota: 16
# 34 Minnesota: 9
= 35 Utah: 8
= 35 Michigan: 8
= 35 Pennsylvania: 8
= 38 Nevada: 6
= 38 Wisconsin: 6
= 40 New York: 2
= 40 New Jersey: 2
= 42 Maine: 1
= 42 Delaware: 1
= 42 Vermont: 1
Total: 4,743
Weighted average: 107.8

SOURCE: UMKC School of Law
See also

G.[/color] </div></div>

Deeman3
10-23-2010, 08:32 AM
Did someone really just sack Sack for going back 5 years to gather data then post data over 150 years old? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

sack316
10-23-2010, 08:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

</div></div>

DEFINITION: Livability Index by state. "To determine a state's 'Livability Rating,' each state's rankings for 44 factors were averaged. SOURCE: Morgan Quitno Press, 2005
</div></div>

Sack

Gayle in MD
10-23-2010, 08:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did someone really just sack Sack for going back 5 years to gather data then post data over 150 years old? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>
No Deeman, someone didn't. I pointed out several instances regarding the accuracy of some of my past statements...about the South, made to Sack, not to you.

You seem to harp on Baltimore, like you harp on homosexuals. some kind of insecurity involved there????

You might be interested to know that when wide rangiing statistics are taken into consideration, your state is second to the bottom of the list, as far as the best places to live, so you can drop all of the bashing of the whole state of Maryland, by linking everything to Baltimore, which, BTW, has only one very samll area of high crime, compared to the whole City of Baltimore, which has some of the most expensive property in the whole country, and one of the most besutiful harbors...

I know you guys are all in a bad mood about the turn about we see going on, the narrowing of Republican lead, in several very imortant states, along with the fact that Dems have shown more early voting, than Republicans, and when the poll is about REGISTERED voters, Dems are showing higher marks in several senate and Conressional polls, or nearly tied, when you thought they were locked up, but do try and contain yourself. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

sack316
10-23-2010, 08:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sack,
This proves nothing. </div></div>

It proves one thing... that just as I have always maintained, racism and hate are not exclusive to the south... as tends to be the perception.

Granted we've got a shit ton of terrible history right here in my very own state. I've never denied that, nor do I deny the existence of racism and/or discrimination in the South, even today.

BUT it exists everywhere else in this country just as well, and sometimes very prevalently. Which is what my table does show, regardless of how vague one may think the statistics. After all, California and many northern states pioneer and lead in a focus of cracking down on hate crimes, which could account for why their statistics are so high (MD included). This is a very good thing in many instance, I think. BUT, the <u>NEED</u> to pioneer and lead in such laws also reveals that there is a need <u>FOR</u> such laws in these areas. Hence, hate, racism, discrimination, intolerance, etc. must exist there as well... prevalently enough so that there was a need for just such a crackdown. JM2C

Sack

sack316
10-23-2010, 09:05 AM
</div></div>

Must have been paradise!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Despite the actions of abolitionists, life for free blacks was far from idyllic, due to northern racism. Most free blacks lived in racial enclaves in the major cities of the North: New York, Boston, Philadelphia, and Cincinnati. There, poor living conditions led to disease and death. In a Philadelphia study in 1846, practically all poor black infants died shortly after birth. Even wealthy blacks were prohibited from living in white neighborhoods due to whites' fear of declining property values.

African Americans were either refused admission to, or segregated in, hotels, restaurants, and theaters. Blacks had limited work and educational opportunities. They were often denied access to public transportation in cities, and allowed on trains only in "Jim Crow" segregated cars. They were also denied civil rights, such as the right to vote and the right to testify in court in many states, thus leaving them open to attack by thieves and mobs, and to being captured and sold by slave catchers. Black men and women were routinely attacked in the streets, and from 1820 to 1850, black churches, schools and homes were looted and burned in riots in major cities throughout the North, forcing many blacks to flee to Canada.

Northern blacks were forced to live in a white man's democracy, and while not legally enslaved, subject to definition by their race. In their all-black communities, they continued to build their own churches and schools and to develop vigilance committees to protect members of the black community from hostility and violence. </div></div>

Excerpted from part 4 of PBS' "Africans in America"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Slavery in the South reinforced racial attitudes. That's for sure. But it's important to keep in mind that the northern part of the nation had slavery as well, and that some states were very slow in emancipation. New York and New Jersey in particular had very gradual emancipation laws. So that there are African Americans in bondage well into the antebellum era.

It's also important to keep in mind that the midwestern states, as they came into the union, some of them, passed black exclusion laws so that free blacks who wanted to leave, say, the mid-Atlantic and settle in the Midwest were prevented, as well as African Americans who might for one reason or another get their freedom in the South. They were prevented from moving into some midwestern states.

So it would seem as though the nation itself had an attitude that African Americans were inferior. And if you look at some of the laws that were in existence in the northern states, African Americans were not supposed to ride on streetcars; African Americans were not supposed to ride on steamers. <u>The whole idea of Jim Crow and segregation of the races really originates in the North. </u>African Americans couldn't vote in most states, even if they owned property. So the exclusion and the [disfranchisement] was already there.

The concept of democracy seemed to be something in the nation at that time that was for white people. And it really relates to this concept of white nationalism, that no matter how poor you are, no matter what situation you're in, if you're white, then you are far better off than the wealthiest person of African descent. And people operated on that. And it affected the public schools. It affected every aspect of life in America. It affected immigrants coming in, because immigrants, especially the Irish, would come in and they would have immediately a higher status than African Americans who had been born there, whose generations go back to existence in the nation. And this, of course, created a lot of tension, because immigrants coming in would oftentimes be the people who took jobs away from African Americans. So while immigration became a form of economic and social mobility for whites, it became a form of degradation for African Americans.

Margaret Washington
Associate Professor of History
Cornell Universiy
</div></div>

Sack

Gayle in MD
10-23-2010, 09:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sack,
This proves nothing. </div></div>

It proves one thing... that just as I have always maintained, racism and hate are not exclusive to the south... as tends to be the perception.

Granted we've got a shit ton of terrible history right here in my very own state. I've never denied that, nor do I deny the existence of racism and/or discrimination in the South, even today.

BUT it exists everywhere else in this country just as well, and sometimes very prevalently. Which is what my table does show, regardless of how vague one may think the statistics. After all, California and many northern states pioneer and lead in a focus of cracking down on hate crimes, which could account for why their statistics are so high (MD included). This is a very good thing in many instance, I think. BUT, the <u>NEED</u> to pioneer and lead in such laws also reveals that there is a need <u>FOR</u> such laws in these areas. Hence, hate, racism, discrimination, intolerance, etc. must exist there as well... prevalently enough so that there was a need for just such a crackdown. JM2C

Sack </div></div>

I don't agree with you Sack. When we've had discussions in the past about racism, it was usually around the subject of racism, regarding the president, the political parties, and aimed strictly at the plight of AFrican Americans.

The states which you are pointing to as having more racism, are all places where there is a huge influx of illegal Immigratns.

IMO, you can't use these statistics, and claim that they are indicative of racism against African Americans, by white people, and not showing the percapita ratio, pretty much wipes away any kind of proof of anytig, IMO....

G.

Gayle in MD
10-23-2010, 09:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Must have been paradise!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Despite the actions of abolitionists, life for free blacks was far from idyllic, due to northern racism. Most free blacks lived in racial enclaves in the major cities of the North: New York, Boston, Philadelphia, and Cincinnati. There, poor living conditions led to disease and death. In a Philadelphia study in 1846, practically all poor black infants died shortly after birth. Even wealthy blacks were prohibited from living in white neighborhoods due to whites' fear of declining property values.

African Americans were either refused admission to, or segregated in, hotels, restaurants, and theaters. Blacks had limited work and educational opportunities. They were often denied access to public transportation in cities, and allowed on trains only in "Jim Crow" segregated cars. They were also denied civil rights, such as the right to vote and the right to testify in court in many states, thus leaving them open to attack by thieves and mobs, and to being captured and sold by slave catchers. Black men and women were routinely attacked in the streets, and from 1820 to 1850, black churches, schools and homes were looted and burned in riots in major cities throughout the North, forcing many blacks to flee to Canada.

Northern blacks were forced to live in a white man's democracy, and while not legally enslaved, subject to definition by their race. In their all-black communities, they continued to build their own churches and schools and to develop vigilance committees to protect members of the black community from hostility and violence. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Slavery in the South reinforced racial attitudes. That's for sure. But it's important to keep in mind that the northern part of the nation had slavery as well, and that some states were very slow in emancipation. New York and New Jersey in particular had very gradual emancipation laws. So that there are African Americans in bondage well into the antebellum era.

It's also important to keep in mind that the midwestern states, as they came into the union, some of them, passed black exclusion laws so that free blacks who wanted to leave, say, the mid-Atlantic and settle in the Midwest were prevented, as well as African Americans who might for one reason or another get their freedom in the South. They were prevented from moving into some midwestern states.

So it would seem as though the nation itself had an attitude that African Americans were inferior. And if you look at some of the laws that were in existence in the northern states, African Americans were not supposed to ride on streetcars; African Americans were not supposed to ride on steamers. <u>The whole idea of Jim Crow and segregation of the races really originates in the North. </u>African Americans couldn't vote in most states, even if they owned property. So the exclusion and the [disfranchisement] was already there.

The concept of democracy seemed to be something in the nation at that time that was for white people. And it really relates to this concept of white nationalism, that no matter how poor you are, no matter what situation you're in, if you're white, then you are far better off than the wealthiest person of African descent. And people operated on that. And it affected the public schools. It affected every aspect of life in America. It affected immigrants coming in, because immigrants, especially the Irish, would come in and they would have immediately a higher status than African Americans who had been born there, whose generations go back to existence in the nation. And this, of course, created a lot of tension, because immigrants coming in would oftentimes be the people who took jobs away from African Americans. So while immigration became a form of economic and social mobility for whites, it became a form of degradation for African Americans.

Margaret Washington
Cornell Universiy
</div></div>

Sack
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The concept of democracy seemed to be something in the nation at that time that was for white people. And it really relates to this concept of white nationalism, that no matter how poor you are, no matter what situation you're in, if you're white, then you are far better off than the wealthiest person of African descent. And people operated on that. And it affected the public schools. It affected every aspect of life in America. It affected immigrants coming in, because immigrants, especially the Irish, would come in and they would have immediately a higher status than African Americans who had been born there, whose generations go back to existence in the nation. And this, of course, created a lot of tension, because immigrants coming in would oftentimes be the people who took jobs away from African Americans. So while immigration became a form of economic and social mobility for whites, it became a form of degradation for African Americans.

</div></div>

This is very true, and exactly proves the point I was trying to make to Deeman, a few weeks ago.

I do not think it is ever fair, to compare the plight of African Americans, to the discrimination toward any other immigrants.

Deeman, did not agree.

G.

Gayle in MD
10-23-2010, 09:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Must have been paradise!

Margaret Washington
Cornell Universiy
</div></div>

Sack
</div></div>

They weren't being lynched in the North.

G.

Gayle in MD
10-23-2010, 09:58 AM
</div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">You were singling out hate crimes. There was no distinction if they were black against white, white against blolack, nor any differenciation between Hispanics, Muslims, Asians....I've never made any broad statements about the South, and overall racisim, just the fact that the Republican Party, has far more white faces than the Dems, and the South, has far more racist attitudes....imo.

? </span>

</div></div>
<span style="color: #FF0000"> Correct, and ONLY white on black, was going on during that time, exactly my overall point.</span>
</div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Correct, 44 different factors, not an indistinguishable Index, but a broad index of many quality of life, factors,....again, exactly my point, which is not how you presented white crimes against African Americans, state by state, without any percapita relevance.

Not pertinent, to my former statements.IMO.</span>

Sack </div></div>

Deeman3
10-23-2010, 10:03 AM
[quote=Gayle in MD
You seem to harp on Baltimore, like you harp on homosexuals. some kind of insecurity involved there????

[/quote]

<span style="color: #FF0000">Yes, I have an unreasonable fear of Baltimore. </span>

pooltchr
10-23-2010, 10:55 AM
Baltophobic??????????

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Steve

LWW
10-23-2010, 12:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hate crimes by State with a race-related motivation bias, per FBI statistics (2006):

Sack
</div></div>

Actually, it supports my comtention.

If you paid attention you would know that.

LWW

LWW
10-23-2010, 12:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #FF0000">You were singling out hate crimes. There was no distinction if they were black against white, white against blolack</span>

</div></div>

Get serious ... it is nearly impossible to prosecute a black for a hate crime against a white.

That being said, I don't think we should tolerate white hate crimes against the blolack community either.

LWW

sack316
10-23-2010, 01:29 PM
The states which you are pointing to as having more racism, are all places where there is a huge influx of illegal Immigratns.

IMO, you can't use these statistics, and claim that they are indicative of racism against African Americans, by white people, and not showing the percapita ratio, pretty much wipes away any kind of proof of anytig, IMO....

G. </div></div>

I wasn't aware it had to be "white on black" in order to qualify as racism? I always thought racism was racism period! Silly me

Sack

sack316
10-23-2010, 01:35 PM
In other words, what I mean is I thought the discussion was on racism, period. so...

IMO, you can't use these statistics, and claim that they are indicative of racism against African Americans, by white people... </div></div>

I never made THAT contention... the statistics are of hate crimes with a racially motivated bias. Could be white on black. Could be black on hispanic. Could be any form as such. No distinction needs to be made since racism and hate need no particular distinction to qualify as racism or hate.

Sack

pooltchr
10-23-2010, 04:32 PM
Of course it does, Sack. It's only racism if it is white people hating someone else. Muslims can hate us and it isn't racism...in fact, it's probably our fault!

Jackson, Sharpton, and friends can't be racist, even though they hate whites.

Obama can't be a racist because his is mixed race. Comments about "typical white people" shouldn't be considered racist.

Get with the program. Have a spoonful of kook-aid!

Steve

hondo
10-23-2010, 05:43 PM
Why?

hondo
10-23-2010, 05:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #FF0000">

</span> </div></div>

I was under the impression that you were a member possibly even a founding member. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Chop,
I've been on this forum for over a decade. Consistantly, during that time, I have spoken out against any and all forms of ethnic, gender based, and race based, discrimination.

You "think" a lot of things, that I don't find reasonable. Apparently, your thoughts about me, on this subject, are equally off the mark.

G.</span> </div></div>

Excellent response.

hondo
10-23-2010, 05:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=Gayle in MD

</div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Yes, I have an unreasonable fear of Baltimore. </span> [/quote]

Me too. Matched only by Newark and Miami, maybe.

hondo
10-23-2010, 05:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Baltophobic??????????

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Steve </div></div>

A SENSE OF HUMOR!!!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

Gayle in MD
10-23-2010, 07:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In other words, what I mean is I thought the discussion was on racism, period. so...

IMO, you can't use these statistics, and claim that they are indicative of racism against African Americans, by white people... </div></div>

I never made THAT contention... the statistics are of hate crimes with a racially motivated bias. Could be white on black. Could be black on hispanic. Could be any form as such. No distinction needs to be made since racism and hate need no particular distinction to qualify as racism or hate.

Sack </div></div>

You also are not taking into account the states which have had the greatest number of illegal aliens, invading them....

That's the point.

sack316
10-23-2010, 09:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In other words, what I mean is I thought the discussion was on racism, period. so...

Sack </div></div>

You also are not taking into account the states which have had the greatest number of illegal aliens, invading them....

That's the point. </div></div>

Really? Because I thought RACISM was the point (and if I am off on the topic being about racism, then I honestly do apologize). But, if as I thought, racism is the topic, then legal status also has no bearing on whether or not it is racist or not.

If, it somehow changes when in reference to illegals, then crazy ol' gal in Nevada is really getting a screwjob on her ads... because after all she is discussing illegals!

If I call a hispanic a slur, it is racist whether or not he/she is legal or illegal. If I use the "N" word in a defamatory manner, it is racist whether or not he/she is legal or illegal. If someone bashes my skull in based on the fact that I am white, it is racist whether or not I am legal or illegal.

Again I say racism is racism PERIOD! Were it not then what's all the hubbub about Arizona? (which, btw, came in middle of the pack at #25 on the list you are responding to here. Were a problem with illegals the mitigating factor for a discrepancy in statistics, then surely they would rank closer to California at the top... as opposed to being more on par with Colorado. Also, New Mexico has a severe problem with illegals, yet they stand very far down at #44 on the list).

Sack

sack316
10-23-2010, 09:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, I have an unreasonable fear of Baltimore. </div></div>

I don't know if it's unreasonable /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

hondo
10-24-2010, 06:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, I have an unreasonable fear of Baltimore. </div></div>

I don't know if it's unreasonable /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack </div></div>

Isn't it considered the most dangerous city in America?

LWW
10-24-2010, 06:24 AM
Washington, District of Columbia is the most dangerous city in America.

When are you going to send me the address of your redneck bar where theyhate GSDN's so I can send you the book you say you will ... and we all know that you won't ... read?

LWW

Gayle in MD
10-26-2010, 10:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hate crimes by State with a race-related motivation bias, per FBI statistics (2006):

Sack
</div></div>

"The Southern Poverty Law Center counted 932 active hate groups in the United States in 2009. Only organizations and their chapters known to be active during 2009 are included.

All hate groups have beliefs or practices that attack or malign an entire class of people, typically for their immutable characteristics.

This list was compiled using hate group publications and websites, citizen and law enforcement reports, field sources and news reports.

Hate group activities can include criminal acts, marches, rallies, speeches, meetings, leafleting or publishing. Websites appearing to be merely the work of a single individual, rather than the publication of a group, are not included in this list. Listing here does not imply a group advocates or engages in violence or other criminal activity."

This map is far more recent, than your information, Sack....and completely different from what you are suggesting, with your old data.

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/hate-map

Deeman3
10-26-2010, 10:59 AM
Just wondering if the Black Panthers were in that list of hate groups? Just wondering!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

pooltchr
10-26-2010, 12:16 PM
I wonder if whatever group it is that Gaylo belongs to is on the list. You know...the group that hates all Republicans, all southerners, and all people who dare to defy the mandates of Obama.

Steve

sack316
10-26-2010, 03:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hate crimes by State with a race-related motivation bias, per FBI statistics (2006):

Sack
</div></div>

"The Southern Poverty Law Center counted 932 active hate groups in the United States in 2009. Only organizations and their chapters known to be active during 2009 are included.

All hate groups have beliefs or practices that attack or malign an entire class of people, typically for their immutable characteristics.

This list was compiled using hate group publications and websites, citizen and law enforcement reports, field sources and news reports.

Hate group activities can include criminal acts, marches, rallies, speeches, meetings, leafleting or publishing. Websites appearing to be merely the work of a single individual, rather than the publication of a group, are not included in this list. Listing here does not imply a group advocates or engages in violence or other criminal activity."

This map is far more recent, than your information, Sack....and completely different from what you are suggesting, with your old data.

</div></div>

Well, let's see, I found the most recent FBI statistics, from 2008... again, hate crimes by state:

California 1,761
New Jersey 744
Michigan 659
New York 586
Ohio 415
Massachusetts 386
Washington 314
Tennessee 299
Virginia 295
Texas 278

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/hate-crime/2008

So even with the "not old" data, we again see it is the veritable who's who of southern bubbas offending here on hate crimes /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

And to your map... let's see... California had the second most hate groups with 60.

Little ol' New Jersey has 44.

Michigan 26, Pennsylvania 28, New York 31, even tiny Maryland has 13 of it's own hate groups, according to the data you presented.

Now granted, when I crunch the data from this list, we find the southern states more inclusive in a "top offenders" list. However, California and New Jersey comprise #2 and #4 respectively. We find states like New York, Illinois, Pensylvania, and Michigan right on par with us bubbas in Alabama, Mississippi, and Gerogia... with the differential being no more than 6 between these states.

When we take Maryland and DC together (as they territory may as well be considered on in the same) there is a total of 22 hate groups... only 3 less than good ol' boy Mississippi and 2 less than backwards bubba Arkansas.

So thanks Gayle, that was a very interesting map... which proves my point entirely that hate, racism, etc. exist as prevalently (and sometimes even more prevalently) in the north, as it does the south.

Sack

Gayle in MD
10-26-2010, 03:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hate crimes by State with a race-related motivation bias, per FBI statistics (2006):

Sack
</div></div>

</div></div>

Well, let's see, I found the most recent FBI statistics, from 2008... again, hate crimes by state:

California 1,761
New Jersey 744
Michigan 659
New York 586
Ohio 415
Massachusetts 386
Washington 314
Tennessee 299
Virginia 295
Texas 278

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/hate-crime/2008

So even with the "not old" data, we again see it is the veritable who's who of southern bubbas offending here on hate crimes /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

And to your map... let's see... California had the second most hate groups with 60.

Little ol' New Jersey has 44.

Michigan 26, Pennsylvania 28, New York 31, even tiny Maryland has 13 of it's own hate groups, according to the data you presented.

Now granted, when I crunch the data from this list, we find the southern states more inclusive in a "top offenders" list. However, California and New Jersey comprise #2 and #4 respectively. We find states like New York, Illinois, Pensylvania, and Michigan right on par with us bubbas in Alabama, Mississippi, and Gerogia... with the differential being no more than 6 between these states.

When we take Maryland and DC together (as they territory may as well be considered on in the same) there is a total of 22 hate groups... only 3 less than good ol' boy Mississippi and 2 less than backwards bubba Arkansas.

So thanks Gayle, that was a very interesting map... which proves my point entirely that hate, racism, etc. exist as prevalently (and sometimes even more prevalently) in the north, as it does the south.

Sack

</div></div>

Lumping Maryland in with D.C. is absurd. Your translation of the SPLC map, is also, absurd. Just look across the gulf sates, from Texas to Florida? How can you make such an illogical statemen?

G.

sack316
10-26-2010, 04:07 PM
Lumping Maryland in with D.C. is absurd. Your translation of the SPLC map, is also, absurd. Just look across the gulf sates, from Texas to Florida? How can you makes such an illogical statemen?

G. </div></div>

Where would you place DC, then?

And how is my analysis of the map absurd? I took the numbers on that very map, as it was put out. Yes, you can look at the gulf states, and see a very alarming presence... I've never denied that.

You can also look at the northeast, and see the same thing (as I put out in the numbers in my last post). PA, NY, and NJ combined have more hate groups that Miss, AL, and GA do combined!

I realize that's not what you were hoping to get across in your map... but those are the numbers as you (and SPLC) have given. And they do, indeed prove what I have contended all along.

Sack

LWW
10-26-2010, 04:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did someone really just sack Sack for going back 5 years to gather data then post data over 150 years old? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

Actually it's only 128 years old ... and all the southern states that were at the tope were also heavily ran by the demokluxklanics.

LWW

Gayle in MD
10-26-2010, 04:36 PM
I'm disappointed in you, Sack....

You're cherry picking, again.

Texas isn't a southern state? How aboug Ga. NC, SC? Interesting that you left Texas out of the mix, lol.

You should go and check out the Tea Party people, some time, for yourself. There is more racism going on in the Republican party,
and among those T.P. people, than I have seen in decades, and it's all about the fact that some of us are proud, that our country has it's first President who isn't a white man, and others, are angry and have been angry, since he won....

You can deny it, but to me, it's undeniable. I've seen it with my own eyes, right on the Mall. And, I must say, it was repulsive.

How many more years would Slavery have been the status quo, if not for the North?

Over the years, Mexican llegals have flocked into cities. In fact, there isn;t a single American city, where the Mexican drug cartel, doesn't have gangs operating.

This subject is difficult to pin down, however, my opinion is that Republicans, their pundits, their Tea Party nutjobs, display racist attitudes, perrvasively and consistantly.

You wan't to see some pervasive racism? Come up and visit with us the next time the Tea Partiers are making fools of themselves, and you can see for yourself, what I'm talking about.

G.

pooltchr
10-26-2010, 10:12 PM

some of us are proud, that our country has it's first President who isn't a white man,
</div></div>

Proud that you have a president who isn't white??????? Regardless of the fact that he doesn't seem to be proud of this country??? Regardless of the fact that he has proven himself in his first two years to be completely incompetent???

If your source of pride in him is based on the color of his skin, as you have so clearly stated, there is no other conclusion to draw, other than you are a racist!

If race is your criteria for pride, what other conclusion should we come to????

Steve

sack316
10-27-2010, 09:46 AM
No I'm not cherry picking.

Include Texas all ya want, then also include California.

You seem to take this whole thing as me being in denial of the existence of hate in Southern states. This is absolutely NOT the case, as I have repeated numerous times

My contention is, was, and will continue to be that it exists prevalently in the north as well (NOT instead of, AS WELL)... which it does... which YOUR map shows also.

I mean, c'mon Gayle... you've gotta admit you are surprised to see some New England states have just as many hate groups as several bible belt states!

Sack