PDA

View Full Version : Classic example..

Qtec
10-21-2010, 11:16 AM
........of why there should be a separation between church and state.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CDC finds stark regional disparities in teen-pregnancy rates
By Mike Lillis - 10/20/10 03:05 PM ET

Although national teen-pregnancy rates are on the decline, the disparities between states are often dramatic, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported Wednesday.

Some women's health advocates say the discrepancies are indication that comprehensive sex-education programs are producing results for states that offer them, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>while states emphasizing abstinence-only programs aren't faring as well.</span>

Whatever the reason, the regional disparities are stark. In Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Vermont, for instance, 2008 birth rates were less than 25 per 1,000 teens aged 15 to 19, CDC found. In the same year, Arkansas, Mississippi, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas all had rates topping 60 per 1,000 teens.

Mississippi had the country's highest rate (65.7), CDC says, while New Hampshire had the lowest (19.8).

Leslie Kantor, national education director of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America, said the report <span style='font-size: 17pt'>"makes it <u>crystal clear </u>that the teen birthrate is lower in states that provide students with comprehensive, evidence-based sex education." </span>

"The report demonstrates that <span style='font-size: 20pt'>the surest way to reduce teenage pregnancy is to provide young people with comprehensive, medically accurate sex education,</span> and doing so is especially urgent for African-Americans and Latino teens, who are getting pregnant more frequently than other young people," Kantor said in a statement.

A recent report from the Guttmacher Institute, a women's reproductive health group, bolsters those claims. All five states with the highest teen birth rates have adopted policies requiring that abstinence be stressed when taught as part of sex education, HIV education or both, the group found. Only one of the five states (New Mexico) mandates that sex education be a part of students' curriculum.

Of the four states with the lowest teen birth rates, none requires that abstinence be stressed to students, according to Guttmacher. </div></div> link (http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/state-issues/125059-cdc-finds-stark-regional-disparities-in-teen-pregnancy-rates)

Abstinence only sex ed doesn't work and has never worked. The only reason they got funds for it was because of religious elements in the GOP pushing it. This is a classic example of a Govt favouring a program based on religious beliefs and not in fact or science. A clear breach of the US Con.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kantor says the focus on <span style='font-size: 17pt'>evidence-based</span> reproductive health education marks "a radical change from the Bush administration,<span style="color: #CC0000"> which favoured and funded abstinence-only sex education.</span>" </div></div>

Evidence-based,......... not fairy stories, opinion or blind faith.

Q

Deeman3
10-21-2010, 12:13 PM
I am all for separation of church and state. Any program which will reduce the multiplication of more kids who will have to be educated, fed and housed in later life by us is a good thing.

Most on the right want that separation, not a ban on prayer or wearing crosses, for instance, but a distinct education free from putting any or all faiths ahead of education.

Gayle in MD
10-22-2010, 03:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most on the right want that separation, not a ban on prayer or wearing crosses, for instance, but a distinct education free from putting any or all faiths ahead of education. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Most on the right, are against sex education, AND against The Seperation Of Church And State, and in fact, deny that it even exists in the Constitution, just as they deny Global Warming, and The Theory Of Evolution!</span>G.

LWW
10-22-2010, 05:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most on the right want that separation, not a ban on prayer or wearing crosses, for instance, but a distinct education free from putting any or all faiths ahead of education. </div></div>

[color:#FF0000]Most on the right, are against sex education, AND against The Seperation Of Church And State, and in fact, deny that it even exists in the Constitution</div></div>

Then you should take great pleasure in pointing to it and showing us all up.

What's that?

It's presence exists only in spoon delivered fantasy?

I already knew that.

LWW

Qtec
10-22-2010, 05:59 AM
Don't be a dork all your life, take a day off.

Can't you, just for once, address the topic?

the supreme court has decided (http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/church-state/decisions.html) so accept it.
Bush gave taxpayer funds to religious orgs, disguised as sex ed workers, pushing a program that had already been proved to be ineffective.
The Abstinence Program was a clear case of a Govt funding a certain religion, totally against the Constitution.

Q

eg8r
10-22-2010, 07:45 AM
Another example of someone thinking it is ok to play with fire. Abstinence is the ONLY 100% prevention of pregnancy and the liberal bed-wetters here don't have the gumption to handle their teens. Instead of teaching your kids to not have sex you want to give them a condom and tell them that if that does not work to not worry, you can always kill the baby later.

eg8r

Qtec
10-22-2010, 08:23 AM
Here is where you and reality depart.
How many times does it have to be said, its a great idea <span style='font-size: 14pt'>but it doesn't work.</span>

Its like thinking you can stop all crime by telling kids 'don't break the law'.
Its like thinking Wall St doesn't need regulation because they are all Yale guys who would never do anything to bring the country to its knees.

Fairy land. Bizzarro World.

Its not the progressives who have lost touch with reality.

Q

Deeman3
10-22-2010, 08:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is where you and reality depart.
How many times does it have to be said, its a great idea <span style='font-size: 14pt'>but it doesn't work.</span>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Well, in fact, it does work for those practice abstinence. It certainly does not work for those who don't. </span>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Again, that works for the vast majority of kids who will not grow up to be lawbreakers or criminals. Again, it may be necessary to allow for other methods for those who will never have any self control. That is why I am not against sex education for school children and I certainly am not against providing condoms for those who will never control their actions. </span>

Its like thinking Wall St doesn't need regulation because they are all Yale guys who would never do anything to bring the country to its knees.

<span style="color: #FF0000"> I am also hoping condom useage increases among Wall Streeters! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</span>

Q </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Most have lost touch with reality on both sides. Thankfully, only the most ignorant of our kids are unaware of the risks of sex at an early age. Providing better education and birth control methods will help some but the reality is that poor, disadvantaged kids with little moral leadership in the home will still continue to get pregnant, get disease and ruin their lives much sooner than the others in their group. The rest will wait until a little later to fail in other ways and plop resoundingly on the left. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</span>

Gayle in MD
10-22-2010, 09:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is where you and reality depart.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Well, in fact, it does work for those practice abstinence. It certainly does not work for those who don't. </span>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Again, that works for the vast majority of kids who will not grow up to be lawbreakers or criminals. Again, it may be necessary to allow for other methods for those who will never have any self control. That is why I am not against sex education for school children and I certainly am not against providing condoms for those who will never control their actions. </span>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> I am also hoping condom useage increases among Wall Streeters! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</span>

Q </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Most have lost touch with reality on both sides. Thankfully, only the most ignorant of our kids are unaware of the risks of sex at an early age. Providing better education and birth control methods will help some but the reality is that poor, disadvantaged kids with little moral leadership in the home will still continue to get pregnant, get disease and ruin their lives much sooner than the others in their group. The rest will wait until a little later to fail in other ways and plop resoundingly on the left. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</span> </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Are we then to assume, Deeman, that you had no sex eduation from your parents, or were simply irresponsible, or critically ignorant, or woefully careless, since you have told us yourself, that you once impregnated a young woman, and sought and secured an abortion for the "Accident?"

Again, regardless of which of your favorite "Groups" at whom you usually aim all human frailties, the fact is, "Teaching" abstinence does not work. The statistics prove it.

And, in fact, Republican policies do not work, either, and the statistics prove that also.

So perhaps the question should be, why do Republicans, and the religious right, always prefer doing what does not work, and/or, consistantly deny that factual statistics which prove that their opinions do not fit their OWN PROVEN failures.

G.</span>

Deeman3
10-22-2010, 10:35 AM
<span style="color: #FF0000"> Are we then to assume, Deeman, that you had no sex eduation from your parents, or were simply irresponsible, or critically ignorant, or woefully careless, since you have told us yourself, that you once impregnated a young woman, and sought and secured an abortion for the "Accident?"

I was woefully careless. I was not woefully careless enough to have a dozen babies before I was 20. That is the group I was referring to.

Again, regardless of which of your favorite "Groups" at whom you usually aim all human frailties, the fact is, "Teaching" abstinence does not work. The statistics prove it.

The stastics prove it does not work with all groups? I find that hard to believe. Are you saying that all groups that are exposed to abstinence only have the same percentage of babymomas?

Again, I have never said that I support abstinence only as a countermeasure. I only said it works. I agree that teaching it does not work 100%. I favor handing out condoms to all students as well as the democratic teachers who are continually sleeping with the kids. I am almost as far left on this as you, almost.

And, in fact, Republican policies do not work, either, and the statistics prove that also.

Well, if you cann what we are doing now as working, then your reality is not functioning either. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

So perhaps the question should be, why do Republicans, and the religious right, always prefer doing what does not work, and/or, consistantly deny that factual statistics which prove that their opinions do not fit their OWN PROVEN failures.

G.</span> [/quote]

Again, your assumption about ALL on the right is comnpletely wrong. I have never said I am opposed to educating kids about sex. You are so partisan you want to imagine that I have are so hateful of all on the right that you are even blinded when we agree.

eg8r
10-22-2010, 11:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is where you and reality depart.
How many times does it have to be said, its a great idea but it doesn't work.

</div></div>When was the last time you saw a kid get pregnant when they were not having sex? It works 100%. What fails is not abstinence. What fails is your ability to teach your children the ability to make good choices and do what is right. The problem here is that your children don't listen to you and they know they can kill the baby if a mistake happens with their trusty condom.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
10-22-2010, 12:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I was woefully careless. I was not woefully careless enough to have a dozen babies before I was 20. That is the group I was referring to.

The stastics prove it does not work with all groups? I find that hard to believe. Are you saying that all groups that are exposed to abstinence only have the same percentage of babymomas?

Again, I have never said that I support abstinence only as a countermeasure. I only said it works. I agree that teaching it does not work 100%. I favor handing out condoms to all students as well as the democratic teachers <span style="color: #FF0000">No proof they are Democratics, either. </span> who are continually sleeping with the kids. I am almost as far left on this as you, almost.

Well, if you can what we are doing now as working, then your reality is not functioning either. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I'm saying Republican policies havev failed, from economics to blocking sex education, as the statistics prove.So perhaps the question should be, why do Republicans, and the religious right, always prefer doing what does not work, and/or, consistantly deny that factual statistics which prove that their opinions do not fit their OWN PROVEN failures.

G.</span> </div></div>

Again, your assumption about ALL on the right is comnpletely wrong. I never said ALL. I have never said I am opposed to educating kids about sex. You are so partisan you want to imagine that I have are so hateful of all on the right that you are even blinded when we agree. [/quote]

<span style="color: #000000">I never said "you have are so hateful" </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

And I didn't say "ALL" either, I was talking about POLICIES, are you going to deny that Bush fudged up sex education the same way he fudged up everything else???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Again, that works for the vast majority of kids who will not grow up to be lawbreakers or criminals. Again, it may be necessary to allow for other methods for those who will never have any self control. That is why I am not against sex education for school children and I certainly am not against providing condoms for those who will never control their actions.

</div></div>
If you are suggesting that abstinence only education, works for ANY group, you're nuts!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is why I am not against sex education for school children and I certainly am not against providing condoms for those who will never control their actions.

</div></div>
Apparently, you were one of them, so I find it very hypocritical of you to suggest that only a certain group, and we both know at whom you aim that, is irresponsible about birth control....when you were yourself.

By the time you were out there, there was absolutely no excuse for unplanned pregnancies...sex education was everywhere, and the drug stores were full of condoms, as they are to this day...so where do you get off claiming only future law breakers, will not gain responsibility, and more reasonable control, from sex education, obviously they would not be the only ones involved in unplannned pregnancies. Obviously we'd all be black by now, if your theory was correct...

Actually, given how many African Americans, have white blood running through their vains, I'd say the White man is the one who needs some additional sense of responsibility, and self-control!
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
LMAO! I am truly laughing so hard, I can barely type....

You do make this forum more fun, Dee..... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

G.

pooltchr
10-22-2010, 01:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'd say the White man is the one who needs some additional sense of responsibility, and self-control!
G. </div></div>

And you claim you aren't racist!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Steve

Gayle in MD
10-25-2010, 09:48 AM
Oh, and BTW....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I favor handing out condoms to all students as well as the democratic teachers who are continually sleeping with the kids. I am almost as far left on this as you, almost.

</div></div>

Any links to prove that gross mis-statement?