PDA

View Full Version : EvenGOP Tells TP's Joe Miller2 "Answer Questions"

Gayle in MD
10-22-2010, 05:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">40 Alaska Republicans urge Miller to answer questions
RIFT: Colleagues call his refusal to answer questions bad strategy.

By RICHARD MAUER
rmauer@adn.com

Published: October 20th, 2010 09:56 PM
Last Modified: October 21st, 2010 09:30 AM

Forty Alaska Republicans have signed an open letter to Republican Senate candidate Joe Miller, urging him to start answering questions from the media and voters about his background and qualifications to serve.

"It is unacceptable -- and certainly not a winning strategy -- to explicitly refuse to answer reasonable questions about oneself, and to disrespect the Alaska public and the press' right to do so before the questions have even been asked," said the letter, made public Wednesday.

The letter appeared to expose a growing rift within the party between supporters of Miller, the tea party's successful choice in the Republican Party primary in August, and centrist party activists who continue to support the write-in campaign of the incumbent, Lisa Murkowski, who lost in the primary to Miller.

The letter signers include 13 members of the state party's central committee, one of whom also serves on the party's executive committee. Many others were once on the central committee or held other posts or elective office.

Miller's campaign didn't respond to the points raised in the letter. Instead, it attacked the signers as supporters of Murkowski. Campaign spokesman Randy DeSoto said in a prepared statement that the letter-writers should be questioning one of her supporters, Alaska Standing Together, about the money it got from Native corporations that benefit from special federal contracting rules supported by Murkowski.

On Oct. 11, Miller sent out an announcement to media that he would hold a press conference following a debate at the Anchorage Chamber of Commerce. Instead, he gave a short speech in which he said he would not answer questions about his background or character, then ducked into a nearby stairwell at the Dena'ina Civic and Convention Center, with his security guards and staff physically blocking reporters who tried to follow him down the steps.

Then on Sunday, at the same town hall where he was introduced by Dyson, Miller's security guards handcuffed a journalist who tried to get Miller to respond to questions about his past employment at the Fairbanks North Star Borough.

Noll said the idea for the letter emerged before Sunday's "event to end all events."

"It was just an intellectual, principled reaction to what was going on and the lack of forthcomingness," Noll said.

"This is not unfair scrutiny," the open letter said. "It is what the Founding Fathers foresaw voters considering when they wrote the U.S. Constitution. It is at best inconsistent and at worst hypocritical to conceal facts about one's past while at the same time basing one's campaign on a claim to respect the U.S. Constitution as the most important source of political legitimacy in the land."

McQueary said Miller has brought on the scrutiny by his own actions.

"This isn't us going after Joe," he said. "Joe's behavior is what has raised these questions and he's the one that's going to have to straighten them out -- if he can in the next 12 days

</div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<span style="color: #FF0000">Ha ha ha, hilarious! The R. Party was sucking up to these Tea Party Nutjobs, now that they're refusing to answer any questions from reporters, lest they reveal more rapidly their gross ignorance of everything from the Constitution, to who is serving their party in teir own state, Repubs are trying to force them to talk about their sordid pasts, and to answer the simple questions of reporters, and respect the Free Press, and the founders intentions! </span>

<span style="color: #000099">What Gayle? You mean to tell me that the Tea partiers, who never stop yapping about the Constitution, don't understand the principle of a Free Press?</span>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Ah hem, that's right Gayle....TPers have no respect for the Constitutional assurances of a Free Press, and in fact, they are even illegally arresting them, without cause, just for asking them questions, and then lying about what happened.</span>

<span style="color: #000099">Well Gayle, why am I not surprised about that! After all, didn't you tell me some time back, the TPers would fracture the GOP in the end?</span>

<span style="color: #FF0000">
Yep....think I remember that.</span>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<span style="color: #000099">
Hmmmm...and I just read that Democratics have been voting early in far greater numbers, than Republicans, my goodness, what about all of that Republican enthusiasm we've been hearing about from the Jewish owned American Press?</span>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Just more Republican Talking points, bottle fed to the party faithful, I guess.... </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Gayle in MD
10-22-2010, 07:05 AM
Gee Gayle, someone is burying your thread with nonsense. Why don't you use LWW"s usual tactics, and just keep on posting to yourself, so you can keep this thread up long enough for your fellow reasonable political co-hearts, to see it?

G.

eg8r
10-22-2010, 07:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Forty Alaska Republicans have signed an open letter to Republican Senate candidate Joe Miller, urging him to start answering questions from the media and voters about his background and qualifications to serve.

</div></div>Why are the qualifications to serve such an issue now when you did not mind if Obama was qualified?

eg8r

eg8r
10-22-2010, 07:49 AM
Can someone give me a definition of "co-hearts"? I know what a cohort is but gayle doesn't so I was wondering if co-heart is a synonym in real life or just her imagination.

eg8r

pooltchr
10-22-2010, 08:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Forty Alaska Republicans have signed an open letter to Republican Senate candidate Joe Miller, urging him to start answering questions from the media and voters about his background and qualifications to serve.

</div></div>Why are the qualifications to serve such an issue now when you did not mind if Obama was qualified?

eg8r </div></div>

Because Obama is a Dem, and therefore, does not need to be qualified. More attacks against the opposition. It would be nice to hear them try to justify the actions of the Dems record setting spending in the last two years, or their failure to get unemployment moving in the right direction (how long has it been hovering between 9.5 and 10 percent?), using tax dollars for a media campaign disguised as public service, to tell us what a great thing Obamacare is.

But defending their record would just point out their massive failures, so all they have is to try to smear the opposition.

Steve