PDA

View Full Version : A question for West Virginians?

LWW
10-22-2010, 05:47 AM
Do you, or do you not, support the campaign platform of Joe Manchin for US senate?

LWW

LWW
10-22-2010, 03:52 PM
Was the question too hard?

LWW

LWW
10-24-2010, 06:16 AM
It appears that West Virginians do not support his campaign.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Republican John Raese has now opened up a seven-point lead over West Virginia Governor Joe Manchin in perhaps the most improbably close U.S. Senate contest in the country. Itís Raeseís biggest lead yet.

A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely West Virginia Voters finds Raese with 50% support to Manchinís 43%. Two percent (2%) like some other candidate in the race, and five percent (5%) are undecided.

The West Virginia race now shifts back from a Toss-Up to Leans Republican in the Rasmussen Reports Election 2010 Senate Balance of Power rankings.
Yet 69% of the stateís voters approve of the job Manchin is doing as governor, and he remains more popular overall than his GOP opponent. A big problem for Manchin, however, is that only 30% of West Virginia voters approve of how President Obama is doing his job, while 69% disapprove, well below the presidentís job approval ratings nationally in the Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll. Support for repeal of the new health care law in West Virginia is the highest in the nation.

(Want a free daily e-mail update? If it's in the news, it's in our polls). Rasmussen Reports updates are also available on Twitter or Facebook.
The survey of 750 Likely Voters in West Virginia was conducted on October 19, 2010 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 4 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. </div></div>
OH DEAR! (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2010/election_2010_senate_elections/west_virginia/election_2010_west_virginia_senate_special_electio n)

LWW

pooltchr
10-24-2010, 06:40 AM
The strange part is that he is actually a very popular governor. The opposition seems to be more of a referendum against the dem control of Washington. I heard an interview with one of the WV voters who said he was the best governor they had ever had, but was afraid if he went to Washington, he would be supporting the Obama/Pelosi/Reid agenda.

They are voting against Obama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

hondo
10-24-2010, 06:47 AM
Ordinarily, I do not directly respond to your posts but since you seem so desperate and it is a good question, I'll respond.

Manchin is from the old school tradition of West Virginia politicians. I didn't vote for him but he has been a fine governor so far.

His stances that you're trying to trap me on?

NRA? I was long a member because I strongly believe in the right to own a gun. I quit for 2 reasons:
1. I got tired of being called constantly asking for a contribution.
2. They have become a mouthpiece for the neo-cons and have
strongly contributed to dis-information about Dems.

Of course, Manchin is pro-NRA.
He comes from a family of hunters unlike that lying POS Raese.

Abortion? Manchin comes from a strong family of Italian Catholics. Of course he is against.
I urged my daughter to abort her last child. She refused and hated me for a long time for even suggesting it.
That grandson and I are very close and he's probably going to be my smartest grand-child.
The liberal in me still feels it's a woman's right but the grand-father in me is starting to seriously doubt my stance.

Cap and trade? This issue just kills me. My paternal grandfather
was a coal miner and several of my friends have been miners.
As a West Virginian I am against cap and trade.
As a person who cares about my environment I think it's a good thing.
I do not share you and your buddies' luxury of seein everything in black and white.
If there are other stances of Manchin you want me to discuss, please inform me.

Raese is an out-of-state POS millionaire who could care less
About the people and problems of West Virginia.
Tons of money from undisclosed sources are being poured in ads
connecting Manchin with Obama and they don't even mention what Raese believes.
The West Virginia voters, like many other voters in America
are too GD dumb to realize that have been conned.

So, do I dis-agree with Manchin's positions? Not as much as you think.
Am I voting for Manchin against that weasel Raese and the
Tea Party hater?

YOU BETCHA!

hondo
10-24-2010, 06:50 AM
P.S. There are typos and errors in my post that I don't feel like fixing.
I hope you and your crew will be civil to me as I have been to you.

sack316
10-24-2010, 07:14 AM
good post Hondo, I hope you addressing and honestly answering the question in a straight-forward manner will be appreciated

Sack

LWW
10-24-2010, 08:20 AM
Actually it is.

What I find interesting is that WV is choosing, as a whole, based on who disagrees with the Obama agenda the most.

LWW

hondo
10-24-2010, 08:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually it is.

What I find interesting is that WV is choosing, as a whole, based on who disagrees with the Obama agenda the most.

LWW </div></div>

I have given my opinion.
Those backing Raese have spent a fortune on a massive ad
campaign linking Manchin with Obama and, in essence, calling him a traitor.

Many West Virginians never liked Obama from the start so it was
easy to prey on their fears.

When I said these very things at the VFW last night, some guy told me he had me figured for a ni**er lover. Everybody laughed but me.
It is what it is. Many rednecks are set in their ways.

hondo
10-24-2010, 09:01 AM
P.S. I do find it kinda ironic that I have been called a racist on these forums more times than I can count despite the fact
that my closest friend was black and his niece and I had a son many years ago and many of the good ole boys I know consider me a GDNL.

Sorry, I digress from the topic.
It just goes to show, however, that many of us on these forums
are far different from the way we are perceived.

Again, I apologize for going off topic.
These thoughts just struck me as needing to be said.

pooltchr
10-24-2010, 10:11 AM
Would you agree that a big part of the pending Republican landslide is as much a vote against the actions and policies of the present Obama/Pelosi/Reid group as they are a vote for any particular candidate?

Is this not pretty much the same thing that happened to the Bush/Rep crew when the Dems gained control 4 years ago?

And if you agree, wouldn't that mean that the majority of Americans (not just West Virginians) do not agree with what has happened in Washington in the last two years? After all, the Dems did very well just two years ago, and now it appears they are on the ropes.

Steve

hondo
10-24-2010, 03:50 PM
I have stared repeatedly that there are many areas of Obama's Presidency that disappoint me deeply.
I still feel that he walked into one of the biggest messes a new guy ever walked into thanks to Bush.
The Republican Party understood this and decided that if they undermined everything he tried to do and kept up a barrage of rage at his failure to solve the mess they would get the Presidency back in 4 years regardless of what this did to our great country.

This is what I truly believe. I know that lww and friends believe otherwise.
Thus, there is no true debate. It's just the two sides slinging shit back and forth at each other.
I find it tiring. I have stated my position ad nauseum and
I don't see much point in continuing a debate I have no chance of winning.
Hope I've made myself clear.

LWW
10-25-2010, 03:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I still feel that he walked into one of the biggest messes a new guy ever walked into thanks to Bush.</div></div>

Why did the "MESSES" only come to fruition after the democrooks took over?

Why didn't the democrooks stop him?

When you honestly answer those, you will be closer to enlightenment.

LWW

hondo
10-25-2010, 06:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I still feel that he walked into one of the biggest messes a new guy ever walked into thanks to Bush.</div></div>

Why did the "MESSES" only come to fruition after the democrooks took over?

Why didn't the democrooks stop him?

When you honestly answer those, you will be closer to enlightenment.

LWW </div></div>

When you can truly comprehend the content of this above post of mine, which I have stated repeatedly, true enlightenment will come to you, lww:

"This is what I truly believe. I know that lww and friends believe otherwise.
Thus, there is no true debate. It's just the two sides slinging shit back and forth at each other.
I find it tiring. I have stated my position ad nauseum and
I don't see much point in continuing a debate I have no chance of winning.
Hope I've made myself clear."

This is why I rarely answer your or steve's posts.
It's the same thing over and over and over.
You state on another thread that you thought I never read you guys' posts.
I read some of them. Why respond? I just don't open your links usually.
If I feel it is worthwhile and you remain civil, I'll respond.
Otherwise, I just move on.

Enlightened?

Have a nice day.

I'm going to breakfast.
Then pool room.
Then see a few of my sweeties.(OOPS!)
Then walk with my daughter.
Be back late this afternoon.
LIFE IS GOOD.Retirement is sweet.
Not nearly the sad, miserable guy steve imagines
me to be because I don't agree with him. LOL! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

LWW
10-26-2010, 02:09 AM
As a follow up, can you ... in your own words ... tell me the substantive difference between the 2 WV senate candidates?

As I see it we have an anti Obama (R) against an anti Obama (D) who has either seen the light or is simply lying to be elected.

LWW

hondo
10-26-2010, 06:43 AM
Look at their campaign ads.
Manchin tells exactly what he believes in his ads.

Raese simply attacks Manchin for supporting Obama and says nothing about what he intends to do.

One thing I did hear that will endear you to Raese.
Both were asked if they will continue Byrd's policy of trying to
get as much federal aid for this poor state as they can.
Manchin said absolutely and Raese said absolutely not.

LWW
10-26-2010, 11:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look at their campaign ads.
</div></div>

We cain't git now West Virginny stations in Ohigh.

LWW

hondo
10-26-2010, 08:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look at their campaign ads.
</div></div>

We cain't git now West Virginny stations in Ohigh.

LWW </div></div>

And you don't have Google either. I'm so sorry.

Well, I said I would respond as long as you were civil.
You actually lasted longer than I would have thought.

Bye now. My responses to you on this thread are over.