PDA

View Full Version : President Above Reagan's polls During Recession

Gayle in MD
10-24-2010, 10:12 AM
President Obama is still showing higher approval ratings than Reagan had, during his bad economy.

I think the Republican Party has made a big mistake, in thinking they are going to have a huge windfall, and take over both houses.

Even if Democratics and some independents, are weary of our economic circumstances, some of us stilol recall how we got into it, and people are not hearing any credible solutions from the right.

Early voting polls show more dems than Republicans showing up early.

Many of the seats, are pretty tight races.

Most of their candidates, are proving to be even nuttier than anyone ever imagined.

And thanks to all of the media, owned completely by the Right, who have been pushing the proaganda that the Democratics have no hope, and have no enthusiasm, more Democratics are out there voting early. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I still maintain that our party workers, are going to get that vote out and this may be one time when all of the RW propaganda, will blow up in their faces.

Just because we don't dress up like idiots, and go running around on the mall, out there showing our asses, with racist signs, and offensive anti-American rhetoric, thatn doesn't mean that we aren't angry about all of the Republican failed policies and lies that burried our country in this mess.

When the economy is bad, the party in power aways loses seats, and we wil lose seats, but IMO, it won't be the bonanza we've been hearing about, they won't get both houses, and even getting one, is still not a done deal, but surely too difficult to predict with anything like the "Done Deal" BS the Republicans have been yapping about for over a year..

G.

eg8r
10-25-2010, 08:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">President Obama is still showing higher approval ratings than Reagan had, during his bad economy.

</div></div>So what you saying is, "yes we know Obama's approval ratings are embarrasingly low right now and they have taken a huge dive in the past year but at least they are not as low as others." You are definitely in a sad position when that is all you have to look forward to.

eg8r

Deeman3
10-25-2010, 08:49 AM
He is one popular guy! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

sack316
10-25-2010, 09:47 AM
Obama's approval ratings are also higher than Clinton's and Carter's at this point in their presidencies as well.

Regardless of what else he does or doesn't do, IMHO it's pretty simple. If jobs get better (whether to his credit or not), his approval will go up. If jobs remain stagnant or get worse (whether at his fault or not), his approval will get worse.

Sack

Gayle in MD
10-25-2010, 10:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He is one popular guy! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

Yes he is, Deeman, and most Americans like President Obama, which is a valuable indicator, given what he inherited, and how unprecedented the overall situation is, according to Pulitzer Prize Winning economists, which predicted, all along a slow job recovery.

Most Amerricans also still blame Bush, and the Republicans, for the collapse, and like this president, far more than they like Bush.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Deeman3
10-25-2010, 10:13 AM
Yes, but they give those Nobels and Pulitzers out to everyone now! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I agree most Americans like him, nice family, handsome guy. Time will tell if he is a success or failure. Despite what you think, I am hoping he does improve things before we are completly sunk in debt.

bobroberts
10-25-2010, 10:22 AM
Most Amerricans also still blame Bush, and the Republicans, for the collapse, and like this president, far more than they like Bush.

If they like him so much why will as you stated the gop will win both houses.
OTOH it was barney frank who wanted Franny and Freddie to give out all those unsecured loans that have put us in this mess. not Bush.

Say goodbye to your boy obama, he is going down like a slut on 42nd street

hondo
10-25-2010, 12:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bobroberts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most Amerricans also still blame Bush, and the Republicans, for the collapse, and like this president, far more than they like Bush.

</div></div>

Wonder why? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

hondo
10-25-2010, 12:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bobroberts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

he is going down like a slut on 42nd street </div></div>

Care to share some stories? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

hondo
10-25-2010, 12:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bobroberts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Say goodbye to "your boy obama," </div></div>

OY VEY!!!!

pooltchr
10-25-2010, 03:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bobroberts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most Amerricans also still blame Bush, and the Republicans, for the collapse, and like this president, far more than they like Bush.

</div></div>

Wonder why? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>

Could it be because Obama and all of his supporters have done nothing but cry about the problems they "inherited" since the beginning. No president gets to start with a clean slate. It is an ongoing and ever changing job. It's not a question of what the problems are, as much as it is how he is dealing with them.

That is the problem with his administration. He has failed to do anything to positively address the economic problems. Stimulus was a huge failure, and we are now hearing that the whole "shovel ready" aspect of stimulus didn't exist. There were no "shovel ready" projects. The money has been used for replacing windows in abandoned federal buildings, teaching men in Africa how to wash themselves after sex, cash for clunkers, and how many other pork projects. Millions spent in LA to create a minimal number of jobs.

He spent his first year completely focused on his Health Care program, which time will show to be more expensive and far less effective than anything he promised.

Meanwhile, the real unemployment rate hovers around 17%. California is running around 22%.

We may have been in a recession two years ago, and Obama says the recession is over. I think he is right. We are now approaching a depression.

Our local economy has dropped from 33 to 126 due to the average income rates in the last two years.

What is Obama doing this month? He's traveling all over the country campaigning for dems who are in danger of losing their seats in congress. Maybe if they had done their jobs better, it wouldn't be necessary.

It's almost laughable to be blaming Bush, who has been out of office for two years, for the failures of this administration. Obama told us he was the best man to fix the economy during his campaign. Seems like two years is long enough to at least be able to see some progress. All I can see it things staying the same or even getting worse.

Steve

Deeman3
10-25-2010, 03:48 PM
Look at the mess Eisenhower left for him!

pooltchr
10-25-2010, 04:26 PM
I blame Chester A Arthur!!!

Steve

Qtec
10-25-2010, 07:42 PM
Take a deep breath. Be prepared to accept facts.

<u>Clinton handed over the keys with a balanced budget</u> [ roughly ] and good projections.
<u>Bush immediately BORROWED 3.5 Trillion</u> to pay for his tax cuts. The idea was to stimulate growth by giving the rich more money. It didn't work. Bush has the worst record for job creation.
<u>Now they want to do it again and borrow more money to do it.</u>

Usually war is great for the economy because the Govt spends lots of cash but despite this, poverty increased and wages have dropped.

The GOP have tried to stop anything Obama wanted to do and with great success. Anything that actually got passed is a shadow of the original bill. HC, Wall St reform.....all because of the GOP.

Q

Qtec
10-25-2010, 07:52 PM
Cough ,cough, cough..........gasp! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>That's all you guys do! </span>

Q

pooltchr
10-25-2010, 08:10 PM
When you start with a false premise, nothing that follows can be of any value.

The Clinton "balanced budget" was nothing more than smoke and mirrors from the accountants.

It's been explained to you so many times, and you still don't get it. I'm not wasting my time with it again.

Believe what you want to believe.

Steve

hondo
10-25-2010, 08:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm not wasting my time with it again.

Believe what you want to believe.

Steve </div></div>

Finally, an intelligent response! Thank you.

eg8r
10-26-2010, 06:39 AM
As a matter of fact that is what gayle was doing with her original post. It really is sad.

eg8r

hondo
10-26-2010, 07:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As a matter of fact that is what gayle was doing with her original post. It really is sad.

eg8r </div></div>

Everything is so sad on here anymore.
steve even thinks I lead a sad, miserable existence
because I don't agree with him and lww.

lww keeps saying poor, poor Snoopy.

It's all just , just, just, well, too sad.

Oh, boo hoo hoo. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif

I'm so depressed.

Gayle in MD
10-26-2010, 07:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, but they give those Nobels and Pulitzers out to everyone now! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I agree most Americans like him, nice family, handsome guy. Time will tell if he is a success or failure. Despite what you think, I am hoping he does improve things before we are completly sunk in debt. </div></div>

Well, I'm glad to hear that, but restoring the American economy will depend on destroying Republican policies, Bush's tax cuts for the wealthy, getting out of the two wars he screwed up coompletely, the failed "Surge" for example, which cost us a fortune, is pretty pricey, when one considers that for literally years before we finally got rid of the Chimp, and his blank check, spendoholic Ear Mark Record Breaking, Republican majority, our Generals were telling us that in both Iraq, and Afghanistan, there were no good options.

Add to that trying to overturn the results of Bush's "Ownership Society" and years of no financial oversight, unprecedented borrowing and debt, with on-going interest into decades going forward, and cntinuing for years while many economists were warning us of the coming collapse, which he did absolutely NOTHING to divert, until it was too late, as usual, sans Bush.

....I'd say, more of the same Republican policies, will in fact lead to the Depression that the Republican policies already had us careening toward, like a runaway train, long before Dems or Obama, had any control...

Remember? Ah yes, that was back when Steve was writing that the Debts and the deficits, didn't matter, quoting Dickhead Cheney?

G.

Gayle in MD
10-26-2010, 07:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As a matter of fact that is what gayle was doing with her original post. It really is sad.

eg8r </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">EG., what is sad is that regardless of the diccussion, you are still unable to present anything worthy enough to read, just more shots at Hondo, Q., and G.

Still struggling under my addictive power, I see.

That's really sad.....hope you can find a "men's group" meeting at your church, this week, you need it. </span>

Everything is so sad on here anymore.
steve even thinks I lead a sad, miserable existence
because I don't agree with him and lww.

lww keeps saying poor, poor Snoopy.

It's all just , just, just, well, too sad.

Oh, boo hoo hoo. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif

I'm so depressed. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">LOL, Love you Hondo!
I miss Jack and Leonardxxx, Naz and Wendy, Fats Redux, Mlvbs!

We used to have some great folks around here, before it became all AZBAH's, with AADD. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
G. </span>

Gayle in MD
10-26-2010, 07:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Take a deep breath. Be prepared to accept facts.

<u>Clinton handed over the keys with a balanced budget</u> [ roughly ] and good projections.
<u>Bush immediately BORROWED 3.5 Trillion</u> to pay for his tax cuts. The idea was to stimulate growth by giving the rich more money. It didn't work. Bush has the worst record for job creation.
<u>Now they want to do it again and borrow more money to do it.</u>

Usually war is great for the economy because the Govt spends lots of cash but despite this, poverty increased and wages have dropped.

The GOP have tried to stop anything Obama wanted to do and with great success. Anything that actually got passed is a shadow of the original bill. HC, Wall St reform.....all because of the GOP.

Q </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Take a deep breath. Be prepared to accept facts.

</div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Ha ha ha, if only! LMAO! </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif