PDA

View Full Version : What's with the bank trainer????

Soflasnapper
10-26-2010, 11:23 AM
I 'inherited' RJ's bank trainer, and I was interested to see what it was all about.

However, I must say that I cannot make heads or tails out of the 'instruction' sheets. Evidently these pieces are assembled, since that is referenced, but not described. There is only one way to assemble them-- the rods insert into the disks-- but that hardly makes sense.

One is supposed to get a 'Z' target off the table to aim at-- HOW???

If anyone figured this out, please tell me the skinny. I have failed to get past first base on this.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

10-28-2010, 10:40 AM
Phil,

I won one too and cant make heads or tails of it. Is there a tutorial online?

Someone post the answer to this thread!

Eric >before it becomes a tomato stake

Soflasnapper
10-28-2010, 01:02 PM
Ok, ok, I think I got it now.

Insert the rod into two of the discs, to achieve a very long thin barbell looking thing. (I'm hoping the second rod is just a backup part.)

Now, STAND THAT BARBELL THING UP (on the floor), and you have to measure how far away to stand it from the pockets that are used as the references (differing lengths for whether it's a 7- 8- or 9-foot table).

After you've set it up at the right distance from the pocket facing, THEN you shoot AT IT (the top disc that can be seen) as if it were a pocket, first with the cue ball, to get the feel, then by aiming the object ball at it as a pocket.

Once you set up the discs/rod arrangement, you'll see that the height is about the height of the table's bed, and/or the height of a ball's base on it.

What you have is essentially a mirror aim method, but with something put out there at the mirror point to aim at instead of dealing with imaginary balls (or friends).

cushioncrawler
10-28-2010, 04:01 PM
I used to uze a mirror -- u lean it against the rail.
But for attack angle = rebound angle the back of the mirror shood be a halfball out from the rail.

For a gag for snooker i once went in early and pozitioned the barstool such that one corner woz direktly opposit the mid-pkt -- and the width of the table from the table.
For any double (bank shot) i simply aimed to hit the objekt ball for that edge of the stool.

Or at least one can uze the stool mirror point az a guide -- koz, attack rarely = rebound.
mac.

ceebee
11-17-2010, 03:04 PM
In effect, the unit is a REAL cheap barstool to shoot at. The theory is this:

Place the center of the unit (barstool) on perpendicular path from a pocket on the long rail & a mirror's distance from the centerline of the ball trail down the side of the long rail & you have the mirror image of the referenced pocket.

You can then see what is happening in your bank shots that are lightly hit, hard hit & with or without any spin.