PDA

View Full Version : Ford creating new jobs...

eg8r
10-26-2010, 03:02 PM
Not sure if this can be claimed by Obama but Ford is looking to add 1200 jobs in Michigan (which really really needs these jobs) to ramp up operations for more fuel-efficient cars.
Ford Posts Record Profits (http://money.cnn.com/2010/10/26/news/companies/ford_earnings/index.htm?hpt=T2)

This is fantastic news!

eg8r

sack316
10-26-2010, 03:17 PM
Awesome! Only 798,800 more to go to make up for the most recent estimated jobs to be lost due to Obama care! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

eg8r
10-26-2010, 08:01 PM
Can't please everyone. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

pooltchr
10-26-2010, 10:19 PM
Ford was the only one of the big 3 that didn't need a bailout.

But I suspect that is largely due to their truck sales.

The new Focus seems to be doing fairly well, though, so maybe they are working toward better cars as well.

They have also made some pretty big strides in reliability. With no "help" from the government.

I just love to see the free market in action!

Steve

eg8r
10-27-2010, 07:21 AM
Man, I will be honest Ford has come a long way with respect to Quality. Maybe not as far as Hyundai (they were garbage at first) but definitely a long way. My family is a "Ford" family and I am the lone one out there that buys Honda. I just never understood what was so patriotic about dumping a ton of money into a vehicle that lost all its value in year two and drove like absolute crap like the Fords did. It seems like at some point in the 80s they decided to only put forth a little effort with their trucks and everything else got what was left.

eg8r <~~~Misses my Thunderbird SC though...