PDA

View Full Version : Fox's "voter fraud" parade

Qtec
10-29-2010, 01:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jon Ralston, dean of the Nevada press corps, rains on Fox's "voter fraud" parade
Ralston: "Fraud" allegations a "pre-emptive strike" so the GOP can "cry fraud" if Angle loses
October 28, 2010 11:24 am ET </div></div>

link (http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201010280015)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Baseless right-wing accusations of voter fraud?<span style='font-size: 14pt'> Must mean an election is near</span>
October 27, 2010 3:04 pm ET 61 Comments

In the final days before the midterm elections, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>following a very familiar pattern,</span> conservative media have <u>yet again turned to hyping baseless and misleading claims of voter fraud.</u> </div></div>

link (http://mediamatters.org/research/201010270031)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Right-wing media hype Angle's fabricated claim that Reid is stealing election with bribes of free food

Angle campaign attorney: Reid "intends to steal this election" by offering free food in exchange for votes. The Las Vegas Sun reported that Nevada GOP senatorial candidate Sharron Angle's campaign attorney, Cleta Mitchell, wrote a fundraising letter to supporters in which she asserted that "Harry Reid intends to steal this election if he can't win it outright" and that "Harry Reid has been offering free food" at "voter turnout events." Mitchell went on to say: "What Harry Reid is doing is clearly illegal. Nevada law (NRS 293.700) provides that, 'A person who bribes, offers to bribe, or use and other corrupt means, directly or indirectly, to influence any elector in giving his or her vote or to deter the elector from giving it is guilty of a category D felony and shall be punished as provided in NRS 193.130.' "

Conservative media picked up and ran with the Angle campaign claim. Several conservative media figures advanced Mitchell's claim. For example, Sweetness & Light blogger Steve Gilbert linked to the Sun article and added: "If Democrats didn't buy their votes, you have to wonder if they would win any elections anywhere." Similarly, the Fox Nation linked to the Sun article with the headline, "Reid 'Intends to steal this election.' "

NV Secretary of State: <span style='font-size: 17pt'>Angle's campaign "fails to cite any evidence of 'vote buying' "; offering voters free food regardless of who they voted for does not violate election law. In a statement responding to the Angle campaign's allegations, Nevada's Secretary of State Ross Miller wrote that the campaign "fails to cite any evidence of 'vote buying.'</span> " Miller added that activities such as offering free food to voters "irrespective of how and for whom they voted" does not violate state law so long as "it is not connected to any specific candidate and does not compromise the will of the elector." Miller also wrote that actions which "promote the act of voting," such as offering food to voters, "support the democratic process." Additionally, a spokeswoman for the Secretary of State reportedly noted that despite Mitchell's allegations, the office "has not received a single report of voter fraud from someone who experienced it personally." </div></div>

Q

LWW
10-29-2010, 02:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Larry Lomax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"But I'm not going to claim that at the end of the election I can account for every ballot. There will be unexplained votes on voting machines."
-Clark County Nevada Registrar of Voters-</div></div>

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_9nZy57zaoFQ/SasC3HLkSzI/AAAAAAAAAeA/BXXOVrmgv-E/s400/spoonfed.jpg

LWW

Qtec
10-29-2010, 04:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Larry Lomax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"But I'm not going to claim that at the end of the election I can account for every ballot. There will be unexplained votes on voting machines."
-Clark County Nevada Registrar of Voters-</div></div>

LWW
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oct. 28, 2010
Copyright Las Vegas Review-Journal

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Audit resolves voting irregularity questions</span>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>County registrar calls allegations of voter fraud <u>'unjustified'</u></span>

By JEFF GERMAN
LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

Clark County Registrar of Voters Larry Lomax said Wednesday that he has "reconciled" five discrepancies in early voting alleged by Republicans this week.

But Lomax, appearing at a news conference called by Secretary of State Ross Miller to calm fears of voting irregularities, would not say how he has cleared up the discrepancies.

"I've been able to resolve it. I know what happened," Lomax said. "But I'm not going to claim that at the end of the election I can account for every ballot. There will be unexplained votes on voting machines."

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Lomax said his audit of the balloting <u>will be made public </u></span>when he reports to the Clark County Commission after the election.

Unsubstantiated accusations spread by both Republicans and Democrats are creating a "fraud is in the air" atmosphere as the election draws to a close, Lomax said.

A large portion of the allegations are being generated as a result of the hard-fought, nationally watched race between Democratic U.S. Sen. Harry Reid and Republican challenger Sharron Angle.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>"This kind of feeding frenzy we're experiencing right now I think is unjustified," Lomax said. </span><span style='font-size: 20pt'>"I can see where the flames are getting fanned by certain people." </span></div></div>

Fanned by people like you who repeat the spoon fed propaganda that the GOP and RW media feeds you.

Q

LWW
10-29-2010, 04:25 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_AF_mSX4X0Gg/S3Dv35bz8MI/AAAAAAAAAq8/V8lj-yFrIsQ/s400/t10neuralizer.jpg

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>It never happened!</span>
<span style='font-size: 23pt'>It never happened!</span>
<span style='font-size: 20pt'>It never happened!</span>
<span style='font-size: 17pt'>It never happened!</span>
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>It never happened!</span>
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>It never happened!</span>
<span style='font-size: 8pt'>It never happened!</span>

LWW

Qtec
10-29-2010, 04:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_AF_mSX4X0Gg/S3Dv35bz8MI/AAAAAAAAAq8/V8lj-yFrIsQ/s400/t10neuralizer.jpg

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>It never happened!</span>
<span style='font-size: 23pt'>It never happened!</span>
<span style='font-size: 20pt'>It never happened!</span>
<span style='font-size: 17pt'>It never happened!</span>
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>It never happened!</span>
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>It never happened!</span>

LWW </div></div>

Wake up Dorothy. you are dreaming (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooM-RGUTe2E)

Q...

LWW
10-29-2010, 04:40 AM
Nope ... I have memory of reality, I don't drink the Kool Ade.

LWW

Qtec
10-29-2010, 04:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nope ... I have memory of reality, I don't drink the Kool Ade.

LWW </div></div>

The great debater reduced to one-liners.

Q

LWW
10-29-2010, 05:24 AM
You don't have near enough talent for me to need my A game Snoopy.

LWW

Qtec
10-29-2010, 05:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You don't have near enough talent for me to need my A game Snoopy.

LWW </div></div>

Another one liner..well done Dorothy.

Q

pooltchr
10-29-2010, 06:47 AM
I'm shocked that state and local officials would deny there are any problems.

But, since they are elected or appointed officials, I'm sure they would only tell the truth!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Steve

LWW
10-30-2010, 02:51 AM
I used to be shocked that there were people who could deny the reality they see with their own eyes.

Not any more.

The nanny state has raised a generation of sheeple, and I suspect that was the intent.

LWW

hondo
10-30-2010, 06:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nope ... I have memory of reality, I don't drink the Kool Ade.

LWW </div></div>

The great debater reduced to one-liners.

Q </div></div>

And pictures. Don't forget pictures. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

pooltchr
10-30-2010, 08:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

And pictures. Don't forget pictures. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

</div></div>

Playboy would never have been a success without them!

Steve

Qtec
10-31-2010, 03:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm shocked that state and local officials would deny there are any problems.

But, since they are elected or appointed officials, I'm sure they would only tell the truth!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Steve </div></div>

Let Fox tell you a fact just for once.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another election, another round of Republican dirty tricks and voter intimidation. And Fox's Jon Scott, supposedly part of their "straight news" coverage as opposed to what they admit is "opinion" does his best here to carry some water for them and try to convince everyone up is down and black is white. It's not these teabagger "poll watchers" intimidating voters that are the problem. No, they're the victims now according to the King Street Patriots' leader Catherine Engelbrecht and her attorney Jonathan Saenz </div></div>

link to video (http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/fox-allows-king-street-patriots-leader-eng)

Check out the 3.00 minute mark.

Did you hear that?

"After the last election, around 55 people were prosecuted for voter fraud."

DID YOU HEAR THAT?

55 people out of 150 MILLION voters. Still think its a big problem?

Q

LWW
10-31-2010, 03:51 AM
Pay close attention Snoopy ... the Obama USAG refuses to prosecute cases such as those against the NBPP.

Your definition leads one to a doublethink conclusion ... the law is corrupt and refuses to prosecute violations therefore there are no violations and the law has been enforced.

I have never been able, as of yet, to find a low enough level to set the bar for you.

LWW

sack316
10-31-2010, 10:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Did you hear that?

"After the last election, around 55 people were prosecuted for voter fraud."

DID YOU HEAR THAT?

55 people out of 150 MILLION voters. Still think its a big problem?

Q </div></div>

Depends on how you look at it. Taking the statistic our of total voters, yeah sounds pretty minor. (roughly 0.0000003%)

Taking it into districts (435)... then one could say something totally different. (roughly 12.6%)

Of course while statistically accurate, neither figure is true.

Q's "55 out of 150M" assumes each individual case of fraud affects 1, and only 1 single vote.

My dividing into districts assumes each case of fraud affects an entire single district with no overlap of cases.

Both of our statements can be very strong sounding arguments... but both are complete rubbish.

Sack

Qtec
10-31-2010, 08:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Q's "55 out of 150M" assumes each individual case of fraud affects 1, and only 1 single vote. </div></div>

I don't assume, This is a fact.

I posted this before. If LWW didn't make so many posts it would be easy to find it!

Basically, in the last 10 yrs or so, 20 people were convicted of voting more than once.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Depends on how you look at it. Taking the statistic our of total voters, yeah sounds pretty minor. (roughly 0.0000003%) </div></div>

It doesn't sound pretty minor, it IS pretty minor.

Q

sack316
10-31-2010, 09:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Q's "55 out of 150M" assumes each individual case of fraud affects 1, and only 1 single vote. </div></div>

I don't assume, This is a fact.

</div></div>

Just to clarify, you are saying a every felony count of voter fraud on record affects only one single vote out of the entire populous?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I posted this before. If LWW didn't make so many posts it would be easy to find it!

</div></div>

Oh I feel your pain brother. I've tried to do research on voter fraud, both current, last election, and a few previous. Nearly impossible to find data whilst trying to sift through all the links about ACORN!

Sack

LWW
11-01-2010, 03:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And pictures. Don't forget pictures. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif </div></div>

I do what I can to help those victimized by the US Department of Education following the takeover of public schools.

LWW

hondo
11-01-2010, 05:20 AM
I tried to find a post I had made , I thought, a few days ago, but with the gluttony of threads posted by lww I had to go back a number of pages.
It wouldn't be so so bad if anybody was reading those threads.

Oh, well, it is what it is, I guess.

Qtec
11-01-2010, 05:27 AM
What it is is just bad manners. LWW goes on a post-new-thread freak out and in 2 days, a hot topic is on page 4.

Usually he does it when he gets a beatdown and doesn't want to accept it. He posts a zillion new threads and hopes we all forget he stuck his foot in his mouth.

Q...sad.....and annoying...bordering on moderator action.

LWW
11-01-2010, 05:43 AM
Perhaps you might acquaint yourself with the "SEARCH" function ... after you get the hang of the "QUOTE" function maybe?

LWW

hondo
11-01-2010, 06:07 AM
See my new thread on lww statistics.
Very revealing.

Gayle in MD
11-01-2010, 06:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What it is is just bad manners. LWW goes on a post-new-thread freak out and in 2 days, a hot topic is on page 4.

Usually he does it when he gets a beatdown and doesn't want to accept it. He posts a zillion new threads and hopes we all forget he stuck his foot in his mouth.

Q...sad.....and annoying...bordering on moderator action. </div></div>

Excellent description of his M.O. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

LWW
11-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Your fascination with me, your hatred of truth, and your love of the party line lies are what's revealing.

Proceed.

LWW