PDA

View Full Version : Huffington Post writer defending O'Donnel

Deeman3
10-29-2010, 09:19 AM
<span style="color: #FF0000"> As I am always outraged when the left does not defend offensive unrelaible stuff on person on the right, I have to admit that Huffington Post did the right thing in this case and called out the offensive publication. Well, done. It is sort of lie when someone forwarded me pictures Of Obama's mother naked. I did not think it had anything to do with Obama and did not forward them.

We should all be more like this in consideration of a source, it's purpose and if it pertinent to the person targeted by it. Slamming any person based on what may or may not have happened is not right. If the person had proof or even was willing to identify themsleves it might be a story but not a cheap shot like this.

I hope we see more real women defending other women's rights in the future. </span>

Christine O'Donnell has had to face a lot of ghosts from her past this election season, from ridicule over her dabbling in witchcraft and falsifying her educational resume to making that now-infamous comparison of masturbation to adultery.

But the latest flashback to emerge about the Delaware Republican Senate candidate may go too far.

In a long and detailed essay published by Gawker on Thursday, an anonymous "25-year-old Philadelphian" spills all about a night he spent with O’Donnell three years ago.

"I barely knew Christine when she turned up at my door," the author writes, recounting a Halloween night when the Tea Party darling and a friend showed up at the apartment he was renting from her aunt and asked to come in to change into their outfits.

"Sure, weird stuff happens on Halloween, but I barely knew her, and it isn't every day that someone shows up at your front door and asks to change into their ladybug costume," he says.

In the story, which is complete with a gallery of photos from that Halloween featuring O'Donnell decked out and grinning in her ladybug suit, the author claims she insisted he and his roommate accompany them to the bars, where they shared a few beers.

"It really didn't take very long for Christine to make her move," he writes. "She'd grabbed my hand on the way from the apartment to South Street, so I can't say I was totally surprised when she leaned in to kiss me soon after we arrived at the bar."

He says they didn't talk politics, though he knew she had run for Senate the year before and lost.

After a few drinks, he writes, O'Donnell told him to take her back to his apartment, where things heated up.

Though he claims he "won't get into the nitty gritty details" of what happened, the author does say O'Donnell "was a decent kisser" and reveals that "when her underwear came off, I immediately noticed that the waxing trend had completely passed her by."

But when O'Donnell told him she was a virgin, the author says he lost interest and went to sleep. He says she tried to contact him several times, but moved on to his roommate, who she dated for a year.

"In case you're wondering, he never had sex with her either, as far as I know," he writes.

Gawker’s decision to publish the story left many up in arms.

"This whole story reeks as a pre-election plant, and Gawker should own up to the identity of this cowardly sexual creep,” author Danielle Crittenden wrote in a column for the Huffington Post.

"I am no fan of O'Donnell but what Gawker has done is disgusting and vile and once again not showcasing the real issues in this election," Meghan McCain tweeted.

Gawker editor Remy Stern admits the site paid "a pretty modest amount" for the story and photos, but did make an effort to fact-check the affair.

"We verified any of the facts he provided us with to feel really comfortable that this was all legit," Stern told Forbes.

"We confirmed the addresses he gave us and matched the photos to make sure the guy with O’Donnell was the same guy we were talking to. We also confirmed the photos were taken on Halloween 2007 as he told us they were. We also confirmed that he lived with his roommate [who, as the story relates, ended up dating O'Donnell after the incident in question]."

pooltchr
10-29-2010, 01:02 PM
I thought, just maybe, we would see someone defending women's rights here....but I guess ODonnell has the wrong letter after her name.

Steve

Deeman3
10-29-2010, 01:08 PM
Well it came closer than anything else I have seen from the left, even if it took the relative of someone on the right. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

If it had been a (D) after her name, knashing of teeth, naked women marching in the streets and many contemplating suicide from it's horror!

eg8r
10-29-2010, 03:15 PM
I believe NOW has defended officially.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
10-29-2010, 07:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="color: #FF0000"> As I am always outraged when the left does not defend offensive unrelaible stuff on person on the right, I have to admit that Huffington Post did the right thing in this case and called out the offensive publication. Well, done. It is sort of lie when someone forwarded me pictures Of Obama's mother naked. I did not think it had anything to do with Obama and did not forward them.

We should all be more like this in consideration of a source, it's purpose and if it pertinent to the person targeted by it. Slamming any person based on what may or may not have happened is not right. If the person had proof or even was willing to identify themsleves it might be a story but not a cheap shot like this.

I hope we see more real women defending other women's rights in the future. </span>

Christine O'Donnell has had to face a lot of ghosts from her past this election season, from ridicule over her dabbling in witchcraft and falsifying her educational resume to making that now-infamous comparison of masturbation to adultery.

But the latest flashback to emerge about the Delaware Republican Senate candidate may go too far.

In a long and detailed essay published by Gawker on Thursday, an anonymous "25-year-old Philadelphian" spills all about a night he spent with O’Donnell three years ago.

"I barely knew Christine when she turned up at my door," the author writes, recounting a Halloween night when the Tea Party darling and a friend showed up at the apartment he was renting from her aunt and asked to come in to change into their outfits.

"Sure, weird stuff happens on Halloween, but I barely knew her, and it isn't every day that someone shows up at your front door and asks to change into their ladybug costume," he says.

In the story, which is complete with a gallery of photos from that Halloween featuring O'Donnell decked out and grinning in her ladybug suit, the author claims she insisted he and his roommate accompany them to the bars, where they shared a few beers.

"It really didn't take very long for Christine to make her move," he writes. "She'd grabbed my hand on the way from the apartment to South Street, so I can't say I was totally surprised when she leaned in to kiss me soon after we arrived at the bar."

He says they didn't talk politics, though he knew she had run for Senate the year before and lost.

After a few drinks, he writes, O'Donnell told him to take her back to his apartment, where things heated up.

Though he claims he "won't get into the nitty gritty details" of what happened, the author does say O'Donnell "was a decent kisser" and reveals that "when her underwear came off, I immediately noticed that the waxing trend had completely passed her by."

But when O'Donnell told him she was a virgin, the author says he lost interest and went to sleep. He says she tried to contact him several times, but moved on to his roommate, who she dated for a year.

"In case you're wondering, he never had sex with her either, as far as I know," he writes.

Gawker’s decision to publish the story left many up in arms.

"This whole story reeks as a pre-election plant, and Gawker should own up to the identity of this cowardly sexual creep,” author Danielle Crittenden wrote in a column for the Huffington Post.

"I am no fan of O'Donnell but what Gawker has done is disgusting and vile and once again not showcasing the real issues in this election," Meghan McCain tweeted.

Gawker editor Remy Stern admits the site paid "a pretty modest amount" for the story and photos, but did make an effort to fact-check the affair.

"We verified any of the facts he provided us with to feel really comfortable that this was all legit," Stern told Forbes.

"We confirmed the addresses he gave us and matched the photos to make sure the guy with O’Donnell was the same guy we were talking to. We also confirmed the photos were taken on Halloween 2007 as he told us they were. We also confirmed that he lived with his roommate [who, as the story relates, ended up dating O'Donnell after the incident in question]."

</div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Well, Deeman, I've been telling you for years, that Huffingtonpost, is not like Fox.

They have always had people both supportive, and critical, of Democratics, for as long as I have read their articles.

As for O'Donnell, I think she's unbalanced, IOW, a total nutjob. IMO, most of the country, thinks so as well, and apparently, most folks in Delaware.

G.</span>

pooltchr
10-29-2010, 08:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

As for O'Donnell, I think she's unbalanced, IOW, a total nutjob. IMO, most of the country, thinks so as well, and apparently, most folks in Delaware.

G. </div></div>

Yes, the majority (51%) support her opponent. But 4 out of 10 voters in Deleware (historically democrat state) support her. She's made things difficult in a state where the odds were against her just because she isn't a Democrat.

40% polling seems to make a statement that there are a lot of people who are very unhappy with the Dems who are in Washington right now.

Steve

hondo
10-30-2010, 06:37 AM
I refuse to support a young woman who doesn't wax. Sorry.

pooltchr
10-30-2010, 08:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I refuse to support a young woman who doesn't wax. Sorry. </div></div>

Please share with us how you made this particular observation...but try to keep it PG rated.

Steve

Qtec
10-31-2010, 04:22 AM
I don't see that this has anything to do with woman's rights.

Q

Gayle in MD
10-31-2010, 07:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't see that this has anything to do with woman's rights.

Q

</div></div>

<span style="color: #990000"><span style='font-size: 11pt'>That was just one of his cracks at me, lol.

Apparently he thinks that being for women's rights means that you have to vote for every RW witoless, nutjob witch into office, who runs over and over again, solely to use the campaign money to pay off her bills, or support a woman who jumped out of her governorship, to go on the road to pay off her bills....(by exploiting the stupid in the flyo0ver states,)LOL...

Notice he won't answer the question about which is the real opportunist, Hillary or Palin...but he's been bashing Hillary and calling her an oppotunist, for over a decade! I notice he dropped that accusation, after the palinban showed up.</span>G.</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif