PDA

View Full Version : Line Kjoersvik a Class Act

PQQLK9
09-01-2002, 03:35 PM
I had the honor of playing some 9 Ball with Line today at Mothers Billiards here in Charlotte. She was so charming while she won every game in a race to nine.
Hey I did make a few nice shots though /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif and I did Much better playing One Pocket with my buddy....so there!

Doctor_D
09-01-2002, 04:17 PM
Good afternoon:

Line is one classy lady, one of the finest with-in the WPBA.

Dr. D.

Vagabond
09-01-2002, 10:19 PM
Howdy,
What is she doing in that town? I thought she is done with that town.I am surprised to know that she is back there.I like her and she is one of my dream girls along with Jean Balukas!cheers
Vagabond

09-02-2002, 07:46 PM
The first time I ever saw her play was at Valley Forge 2000. After watching her beautiful stroke I figured she would make some serious noise in WPBA. It's good to know she also has class. Chris in NC is friends with her I believe. Perhaps he will share some anecdotes with the CCB.

09-03-2002, 03:28 PM
Line was strongly and positively influenced by Allison - who helped her with her game her first few years over here. To my understanding, Line currently has moved back to Norway, but commutes here to the States to compete on the WPBA tour full-time. In Norway, I've heard that she practices regularly with some of the top male players in her country. When she is in the States just before, just after or between tournaments (they are currently in the middle of 2 WPBA tourneys in a 3 week period) she hangs out with friends in the Charlotte area. That would explain why she was seen at Mother's Billiards recently.

Not unlike many young players trying to break through against the two dominant players on the tour (Karen and Allison), consistency and confidence has been a problem for Line. When she is on her game I've seen her play at a very high level, but I've also seen her struggle and lose to players she should easily defeat. She's certainly one of those few young players (along with Tiffany Nelson) that has had a number of 5th and 7th place finishes and is very capable of making it to a TV match in any given tournament. Yes, Line is extremely friendly and pleasant to talk to, although she is very shy. Quite a musician too. - Chris in NC