PDA

View Full Version : A REAL Halloween greeting

hondo
10-30-2010, 01:48 PM
Have a great time on Halloween, folks, and, remember, there's more to life than partisan politics.

sack316
10-30-2010, 08:54 PM
Hope you are enjoying your Halloween weekend as well my friend!

Sack

Gayle in MD
10-31-2010, 08:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have a great time on Halloween, folks, and, remember, there's more to life than partisan politics. </div></div>

I had a blast at the Stewart Rally yesterday! Three of my oldest girlfriends, and I, went together, all of us dressed up in self-made Halloween costumes, and we were glad we did, beause it was really chilly as the day went on.

The signs were hilarious, and the crowd had a ball!

Great to spend the day with a crowd of Liberals, since they always know how to conduct themselves.

Anyone who thinks that Democratics are not enthused about the election, and committed to voting, is nuts! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

BTW, it's sad that kids don't come up with their own Halloween costumes, any more?

Going to a store to buy your costume isn't half the fun we had as kids, being creative with stuff from around the house.

Today, I'm showing up at my grand-daughter's soccer game, dressed up for Halloween....gotta park in the back so she and her friends, don't see my car. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
G.

llotter
10-31-2010, 09:59 AM
I'm you scared a lot of innocent people there.

sack316
10-31-2010, 10:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Great to spend the day with a crowd of Liberals, since they always know how to conduct themselves.

</div></div>

A TP group from down here attended the rally.

Anyway, I watched on TV, looked like a great time. Awesome rally, awesome message, lots of fun. Jealous I didn't get to go! Glad you enjoyed yourself!

Sack

Gayle in MD
10-31-2010, 01:08 PM
Thanks, it was a great time!

G.

hondo
10-31-2010, 01:25 PM
Well, we're poor in West Virginny and a lot of families make their own costumes. Neat, too.

hondo
10-31-2010, 01:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm you scared a lot of innocent people there. </div></div>

Would you like to buy a past participle?

hondo
10-31-2010, 01:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Anyway, I watched on TV, looked like a great time. Awesome rally, awesome message, lots of fun. Jealous I didn't get to go! Glad you enjoyed yourself!

Sack </div></div>

Thanks for being a good guy, Sack.
I don't agree with you often, but I enjoy your posts and you conduct yourself with class.

wolfdancer
10-31-2010, 01:30 PM
sounds like you had a great time yesterday, and will have another today.
My stepfather had a rather unique sense of humor, and Halloween seemed to be his favorite to shine.
He had "no neck", a big barrel chest, but was skinny from the waist down...
On Halloween he would wear a sheet, and make the "trick or treat" kids come into the house, hold out their bags and he would place a lump of coal in them. With his disproportionate body and the sheet....the kids would be scared silly.
He was a good man though, that lived for his kids!

hondo
10-31-2010, 01:37 PM
Great to see you back, Wolfie. This forum has been a poorer place in your absence.

Gayle in MD
10-31-2010, 01:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great to see you back, Wolfie. This forum has been a poorer place in your absence. </div></div>

I'll say!

wolfdancer
10-31-2010, 02:09 PM
Boo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUAV_1jBJB4&feature=player_embedded#!)

sack316
10-31-2010, 02:34 PM
I'm also glad to see you back Wolfie! My inbox here has been missing some of those great stories and discussions we've had!

Sack

hondo
10-31-2010, 02:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Boo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUAV_1jBJB4&feature=player_embedded#!) </div></div>

Way cool!!!!

wolfdancer
10-31-2010, 02:47 PM
Thanks Sack!! I managed to while away the time watching the poker shows on TV...the thing that I really learned from that.......... I should stick to Pinnacle, or crazy 8's.
When is your appearance scheduled????

sack316
10-31-2010, 02:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Sack </div></div>

I don't agree with you often, but I enjoy your posts and you conduct yourself with class. </div></div>

Thanks for the kind words Hondo.

I definitely don't do so perfectly, but I <u>try</u> to live and act in a manner of which I develop relationships and friendships with everybody... whether they are "my side" or not. Though that is sometimes impossible (to actually have enough time to develop said "relationship"), it is entirely possible to acknowledge that everybody has a viewpoint that should be respected... or at the very least attempted to be understood. And that each person most likely has something from which I can learn from.

The best example I know of, which would surprise most, is myself and Gayle. She and I get pretty heated on here, and you won't find many times in which we agree. She and I both know we are nearly polar opposites on many types of ideology. But when the chips are down and something serious is going on in our "real life", 99% of the time you can look in our PM's ad find words of concern and encouragement from each other (usually from her to me, as I suppose she is better at picking up on the small things in my posts that may be a clue that something is wrong). Point is, in the end, we are friends who care for one another's well being. We can detest every single thing the other may believe in, but we don't detest each other as people. I've learned a lot from her, and hope I am safe in saying she may have even gotten a little bit from me somewhere along the way too.

I'm rambling, but point is we can all give and take something of value from each other.... regardless of our backgrounds and beliefs... if we are just willing to <u>try</u> to do so. Definitely not always easy, though. And none of us are perfect in our efforts, but it's at least worth the try IMHO.

Sack

sack316
10-31-2010, 02:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Sack!! I managed to while away the time watching the poker shows on TV...the thing that I really learned from that.......... I should stick to Pinnacle, or crazy 8's.
When is your appearance scheduled???? </div></div>

he he, actually I am still enjoying my little hiatus away from playing as a finish school and focus on life long term. Though it is hard, as I was approached recently about being backed in some Circuit Events coming up.

I still get that little itch when I see my "Full Tilt" icon too /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Especially when I look at my bank account lol. But for now, I'm content in keeping my focus on my studies... when Spring/Summer rolls around and I'm about finished up, I'll revisit the thought then

Sack

Stretch
10-31-2010, 03:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Boo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUAV_1jBJB4&feature=player_embedded#!) </div></div>

Hey Wolfie! Great to see you back, and on Halloween too. Nice timeing. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif St.

wolfdancer
10-31-2010, 03:26 PM
Sack, that was a great post!!!
The problem here, and admittedly I have been guilty of doing the same thing (but, they got my Irish up)....there are a number of members here who use ones political beliefs as an excuse to harangue, belittle, insult, threaten, bully, others.
And since I now can't go "tit for tat" with them,.... and risk being banned again; I won't be replying to their posts, which is not to say that I will be ignoring them.
It's a little unfair, but I can't fight "City Hall"

Gayle in MD
10-31-2010, 03:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Sack </div></div>

I don't agree with you often, but I enjoy your posts and you conduct yourself with class. </div></div>

Thanks for the kind words Hondo.

I definitely don't do so perfectly, but I <u>try</u> to live and act in a manner of which I develop relationships and friendships with everybody... whether they are "my side" or not. Though that is sometimes impossible (to actually have enough time to develop said "relationship"), it is entirely possible to acknowledge that everybody has a viewpoint that should be respected... or at the very least attempted to be understood. And that each person most likely has something from which I can learn from.

The best example I know of, which would surprise most, is myself and Gayle. She and I get pretty heated on here, and you won't find many times in which we agree. She and I both know we are nearly polar opposites on many types of ideology. But when the chips are down and something serious is going on in our "real life", 99% of the time you can look in our PM's ad find words of concern and encouragement from each other (usually from her to me, as I suppose she is better at picking up on the small things in my posts that may be a clue that something is wrong). Point is, in the end, we are friends who care for one another's well being. We can detest every single thing the other may believe in, but we don't detest each other as people. I've learned a lot from her, and hope I am safe in saying she may have even gotten a little bit from me somewhere along the way too.

I'm rambling, but point is we can all give and take something of value from each other.... regardless of our backgrounds and beliefs... if we are just willing to <u>try</u> to do so. Definitely not always easy, though. And none of us are perfect in our efforts, but it's at least worth the try IMHO.

Sack </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I've learned a lot from her, and hope I am safe in saying she may have even gotten a little bit from me somewhere along the way too.

</div></div>

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Much more than a little, Sack. I've learned a lot from you.

Love,
G. </span>

hondo
10-31-2010, 03:42 PM
I'm in the same boat, Wolfie.
But I do what I can.

wolfdancer
10-31-2010, 04:20 PM
We fight the good fight !!!! ...for Mom, Apple Pie, and the American way of life

Gayle in MD
10-31-2010, 04:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We fight the good fight !!!! ...for Mom, Apple Pie, and the American way of life
</div></div>

Tap Tap Tap!

G.

Gayle in MD
10-31-2010, 04:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in the same boat, Wolfie.
But I do what I can. </div></div>

You do just fine, my friend.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif