PDA

View Full Version : Downingtown Results

houseman
09-01-2002, 07:57 PM
Sorry folks,
Im just to tired to type tonight so check the results here.
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/archives/straight02.html
Maybe Steve Lipsky will post all his views and comments here when he gets home.
Thanks to all who came to Downingtown and those you kept track on the web site. A special thanks to my long time friend Pete Sinkler for his dedication to 14-1, the other game.
I was presented with a nice plaque from Jack Colavita, Allan Hopkins, John Bender and Richard Black for my contribution to this Tournament for the last 9 years. Needless to say I was overjoyed and suprised.
mickey scott
the houseman

09-02-2002, 08:37 PM
14-1, the other game.

I was presented with a nice plaque from Jack Colavita, Allan Hopkins, John Bender and Richard Black for my contribution to this Tournament for the last 9 years.
================================================== =========

I would have liked to have attended your tournament. Sounds like a fine event.

It's a darn shame 14.1 is now "The other game"

I am fortunate to be able to play in the Cincinnati Straight Pool League and although I am not a great pool player I enjoy playing 14.1 as much as any poolplaying I have ever participated in.

Next year don't hesitate to remind us a few months in advance as a road trip could be in order.

And Congrats to Steve Lipsky for his fine play. 55 and 81? Very nice . I can only dream of those runs /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif.

houseman
09-02-2002, 09:01 PM
This has always been an awesome event, Pete does everything he can to promote the game, I donate my room for 2 days and all table time. I make it by charging a spectator fee, selling drinks, dogs and snacks.
I will post here asap when it`s on for next year.
The tournament is not advertised much because of limited space. I have 8 tables with 4 seats per table, so theres not much room for seating. hope you can ,ake it sometime.

TomBrooklyn
09-02-2002, 11:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: houseman:</font><hr> The tournament is not advertised much because of limited space. I have 8 tables with 4 seats per table, so theres not much room for seating.<hr></blockquote> Sounds like a nice cozy tournament you have there.

Most pool halls that I know which are mostly in NYC aren't set up for any spectator seating. Some have a little. I guess there isn't enough spectator interest to make it worth dedicating much space for it.