PDA

View Full Version : Ban extended

hondo
10-31-2010, 02:54 PM
I just noticed that my ban on AZ has been extended 4 more months.
Anybody still believe Wilson isn't the mod on here?

Stretch
10-31-2010, 03:32 PM
That's the first time i've heard of someone being banned for something that may or may not be valid from another forum. The crybaby Reps here have obviously notified the mod about you bringing news from there to here. St.

hondo
10-31-2010, 03:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's the first time i've heard of someone being banned for something that may or may not be valid from another forum. The crybaby Reps here have obviously notified the mod about you bringing news from there to here. St. </div></div>

That would be my guess also.

Gayle in MD
10-31-2010, 03:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's the first time i've heard of someone being banned for something that may or may not be valid from another forum. The crybaby Reps here have obviously notified the mod about you bringing news from there to here. St. </div></div>

How about being banned for quoting something someone else wrote???

Happened to Wolf, and to me.

How about being banned for notifying the moderator about being constantly attacked by another user???

How about removing the ban, but leaving the "Target" member without a functioning Private Message, and ignore requests to fix it, for months?

There are a lot of things that go on around here, and over on AZ, that you won't find happening on any other forums.

The deck, so to speak, is stacked.

G.

wolfdancer
10-31-2010, 04:06 PM
It's hard to imagine getting banned on one site, for something written on another site,but.... mine not to reason why.
In my short ten-ure (about ten posts)over there...it seemed that Hondo was a primo target for all the more radical members there.
I think hondo is a voice of moderation and reason compared to some of the posts/posters that I read there (and here)
It's "kill the messenger"

Gayle in MD
10-31-2010, 04:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's hard to imagine getting banned on one site, for something written on another site,but.... mine not to reason why.
In my short ten-ure (about ten posts)over there...it seemed that Hondo was a primo target for all the more radical members there.
I think hondo is a voice of moderation and reason compared to some of the posts/posters that I read there (and here)
It's "kill the messenger" </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's "kill the messenger" </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 11pt'> Or create a picture of their Grave, complete with the tombstone, and name....

But hey, lets just be happy that you are back, and ignore the aggitators...not worth our time, that's for sure! And VERY easy to totally ignore! </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

wolfdancer
10-31-2010, 04:25 PM
I'm off to dinner with my friends and their two great kids, ages 10 and 4. The 4 yr old girl, is a riot. she knows what she wants, and doesn't let her brother get in her way. I kid that I pity her future husband....
She even "orders" me around.....and takes over control when they are over here.

Gayle in MD
10-31-2010, 04:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm off to dinner with my friends and their two great kids, ages 10 and 4. The 4 yr old girl, is a riot. she knows what she wants, and doesn't let her brother get in her way. I kid that I pity her future husband....
She even "orders" me around.....and takes over control when they are over here.
</div></div>

LOL, Kids are great! Love 'em to pieces! I know you'll enjoy your evening!

My grand daughter thought I was her own personal doll for years. She's taller than I am, now! I miss her younger years so much, but she's a great joy, now, in other ways.

So glad that you're back, friend! Enjoy your evenimng!

G.

LWW
10-31-2010, 04:36 PM
PAR VOUZ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjD4eWEUgMM)

LWW

hondo
10-31-2010, 08:28 PM
Thanks. This video made me think instantly of you:

http://new.music.yahoo.com/videos/beck/loser--2139271

Qtec
10-31-2010, 09:16 PM
link (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=33082769)

Great song.

Q

wolfdancer
10-31-2010, 10:42 PM
I took some pictures of the nite's events...hope they turn out.
We drove over to another friends house, and they went out on the candy runs from there. What a great house, and neighborhood.
A sign of the times...one house there that once listed for $340k, is now priced at $199k....after a bank repo.

Deeman3
11-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Wolfdancer,

Welcome back my friend. It has been a less entertaining and less informed place since you were pushed off this site.

I look forward to your bashing me for my libertarian and right wing views! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

So, did "exile" improve all that is important, your golf score and youre number of contacts with numph, nubile and cuddlie young ladies? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

nhonor of your return, I'll only sweet talk our resident lady here today!

Tomorrow, I get mean! Well, not really... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

wolfdancer
11-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the kind words,Dee !!

ugotda7
11-01-2010, 01:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just noticed that my ban on AZ has been extended 4 more months.
Anybody still believe Wilson isn't the mod on here? </div></div>

What reason was given to you and who gave it to you?

wolfdancer
11-01-2010, 01:26 PM
So far I have not been able to convince them that experience counts, and that it ain't the ****, it's the motion....

hondo
11-01-2010, 02:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ugotda7</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just noticed that my ban on AZ has been extended 4 more months.

What reason was given to you and who gave it to you? </div></div>

None. I went back on to see if I had one week or two left
and discovered that the ban has been extended til mid February.
Oh, well. It is what it is.
I was just planning on posting on the pool forum and was hoping to get back on well before the DCC.
Not to be.

ugotda7
11-01-2010, 04:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ugotda7</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just noticed that my ban on AZ has been extended 4 more months.

I was just planning on posting on the pool forum and was hoping to get back on well before the DCC.
Not to be. </div></div>

Well, I got a reason when I was banned from AZ a while back (yeah, that's right....so much for that conspiracy theory huh?) as well as when I was banned here.

hondo
11-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Oh, ok, I thought you talking about the extension.
I was banned for complaining about the personal insults.
Wilson defines complaining about personal insults as
"stirring up trouble."

hondo
11-01-2010, 07:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ugotda7</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ugotda7</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just noticed that my ban on AZ has been extended 4 more months.

Not to be. </div></div>

Well, I got a reason when I was banned from AZ a while back (yeah, that's right....so much for that conspiracy theory huh?) as well as when I was banned here.
</div></div>

Just curious. I have now been banned for one year and four months this last time.
How long were you banned on AZ?

pooltchr
11-01-2010, 08:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
"stirring up trouble." </div></div>

Experience tells me that there are always two sides to every story. Your version paints you as a totally innocent victim, which I'm sure, in your mind, is probably accurate. However, I suspect the actual facts probably differ from your personal recollection.

But, you believe it, and that's all that matters.

Steve

ugotda7
11-01-2010, 08:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ugotda7</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ugotda7</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just noticed that my ban on AZ has been extended 4 more months.

Not to be. </div></div>

</div></div>

Just curious. I have now been banned for one year and four months this last time.
How long were you banned on AZ? </div></div>

I was only banned once and for a month. I'm sure if I was banned again it would be for longer. However, I was only banned once here and it was for six months. How's that for fair treatment?

I think you are incorrect on your ban period. If you were banned for a year then it appears you would not be eligible to be back until February of 2011....so not sure where this extension you mention is coming from?

wolfdancer
11-02-2010, 02:02 AM
a year and four months?
I would think that one would have to threaten to use weaponry, like a stun gun or hand pistol, or make crude sexual comments about one's sisters, or insinuate that a married female member can't wait to slip off her wedding rings, and jump a Cabana Boy's bones, to merit that prolonged sentence. And how did your ban get extended if you couldn't post?...Is your house bugged?
Remember Bob hope's line..."in Russia...TV watches you"
Have your house "swept" and your computer checked...you just never know...
Did you by any chance use one of the 7 dirty words that got George Carlin tossed from TV?

LWW
11-02-2010, 04:18 AM
Aitch ... fess up.

You have fabricated this entire story to claim your martyrdom.

You have been busted ... again ... on AZB.

You were banned in February, 2010. You haven't been gone a year yet. Your ban wasn't extended ... although your latest treachery may see that it happens.

LWW

LWW
11-02-2010, 04:29 AM
OOPSY! (http://forums.azbilliards.com/search.php?searchid=5357193)

A list of Aitch's posts on AZB from February, 2010.

Let's do some math my friend. You started this thread in October. Now ... November, December, January, February. That's four months until your reinstatement.

Now, some more math. There are 12 months in a year. You were banned in February. March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October. That's 8 months you have been banned. Eight is four less than twelve.

Now ... either you are clueless or you made the entire thing up. Which is it, and IMHO the mods on AZB are owed an apology as are the members of this forum for your deception.

For once, just <u>ONCE</u>, please do the right thing Aitch.

LWW

Gayle in MD
11-02-2010, 04:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh, ok, I thought you talking about the extension.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Wilson defines complaining about personal insults as

Only if you're a liberal. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

LWW
11-02-2010, 05:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh, ok, I thought you talking about the extension.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Wilson defines complaining about personal insults as

Only if you're a liberal. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif </div></div>

Neither you, Aitch, or Woofie are liberals. Liberals believe in liberty. Libertarians believe in liberty.
I am a classic liberal as are all of your "enemies" on this forum.

You, Aitch, and Woofie are posers.

LWW

hondo
11-02-2010, 06:28 AM
If you are correct, then I am in error and I sincerely apologize.

Thanks.

hondo
11-02-2010, 06:29 AM
No.

hondo
11-02-2010, 06:30 AM
I was obviously mistaken. No treachery involved.

hondo
11-02-2010, 06:33 AM
No deception. I guess I was mistaken.
My apology to the mods, and if you are sorely wounded by my post, my apology to you. I hope you recover with your sensibilities intact.

hondo
11-02-2010, 06:34 AM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
11-02-2010, 06:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was obviously mistaken. No treachery involved. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No treachery involved. </div></div>

I wouldn't go that far!! Are you kidding?
Doesn't change at all what we know to be the M.O.
G.

hondo
11-02-2010, 07:01 AM
I was talking about no treachery on my part.

It was very clear what Steve's intent was.

hondo
11-02-2010, 07:06 AM
My buddy:

"Wouldn't it be fitting if his complaining about a non existent extension of his ban resulted in his ban being extended?"

LWW

pooltchr
11-02-2010, 07:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No deception. I guess I was mistaken.
My apology to the mods, and if you are sorely wounded by my post, my apology to you. I hope you recover with your sensibilities intact. </div></div>

Hondo. You actually made a huge step in admitting your mistake and taking responsibility for your actions. Congratulations!

Then you voided it all by throwing your little jab at the mods. You and your friends just can't seem to help yourselves, in trying to place the blame for your problems on someone else.

However, I will admit that there is still some hope on my part that you might actually learn something from this period of exile.

Making excuses, or shifting blame will never allow you personal growth. It is only when you accept personal responsibility that you are in control. Until you do, you will always just be a victim.

Steve

Gayle in MD
11-02-2010, 07:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was talking about no treachery on my part.

It was very clear what Steve's intent was. </div></div>

Gotcha! My mistake. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sev
11-02-2010, 08:04 AM
So can we conclude here that there was a mathematical error???

pooltchr
11-02-2010, 09:08 AM
4 pages of nonsense, simply because someone can't count!

LMAO

Steve

hondo
11-02-2010, 11:53 AM
I didn't throw a jab at the mods. I was talking to LWW.

hondo
11-02-2010, 11:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So can we conclude here that there was a mathematical error??? </div></div>

Yes.

hondo
11-02-2010, 11:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">4 pages of nonsense, simply because someone can't count!

LMAO

Steve </div></div>

Glad I made you laugh. I feel you need more laughter in your life.

wolfdancer
11-02-2010, 12:11 PM
Steve's new agenda is that no one on the right owns up for their faults, while he is a role model for being p.c. 'course he ain'ts gots no faults, hisself, even tempered, moderate rebuffs as he points out the errors in the left's philosophy, which he has taken great pains to define.
I'm reminded of Sir Lancelot "Camelot"....
"And here I stand, as pure as a pray'r,
Incredibly clean, with virtue to spare,
The godliest man I know!
C'est moi!"

hondo
11-02-2010, 12:20 PM

pooltchr
11-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Sorry Wolfman, but you are incorrect. I know better than most that I have my faults, and readily admit them. But in my years on this forum, the only lefty I can recall admitting a mistake was Hondo. I have to give him credit for being man enough to admit he was wrong.

Still waiting to see if anyone else has that kind of honesty. I will continue to point out the errors of the leftist agenda, in hopes that someone, someday, might recognize the facts, and admit that they were wrong.

Steve

wolfdancer
11-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Why should anyone on the left apologize for their beliefs...just because they are in direct opposition to yours?
So, standing on a higher moral ground then others here, specifically the Dems and Liberals, (from what I read into your post)...and convinced that you are right,..you expect them to humbly admit that they are wrong.
We are all wrong at times; it's part of the human experience. We have been conditioned from our early years, by the beliefs and prejudices of our parents.
I was raised in a blue collar, working class family, and voting Democratic was, as Hank Jr, wrote...." a family tradition"
There's room in this country for two parties...and they both tend to rein in the excesses of the opposing party.
Despite your myopic beliefs that all Dems are baby killing, welfare recipients, who acknowledge no God, my neighborhood was composed of hard working Irish Catholics for the most part, who were too proud to apply for the dole.

pooltchr
11-02-2010, 01:34 PM
Yes, we are all wrong at times.
Some of us admit it when we are.
Some just cling to their "wrongness" to feed their ego.

It's tough to admit when you are wrong, but it helps you grow as a person when you are willing to do so.

Some people can do it, others have a very difficult time doing it.

Steve

sack316
11-02-2010, 01:35 PM
If I was ever wrong about anything, I would admit it /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

wolfdancer
11-02-2010, 02:01 PM
your "point" being that only you and members of your party are
"big" enuff, "man" enuff...to admit being sometimes, but very rarely,........wrong?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To err is human, to forgive is divine </div></div>
Your "points" usually get "lost in translation" (imho) as they become secondary to the associated string of personal insults that accompany them.
As I noted previously... it's my belief that these constant replies of yours to my erudite postings, are just a ploy to get me to write what I would say to you in person...ending my short lived secondary "life" as a major contributor, noteworthy political commentator, and just an... all around, good guy, here.

pooltchr
11-02-2010, 02:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Your "points" usually get "lost in translation"
</div></div>

My "points" are generally very direct, and mots people have no problem understanding straightforward comments.
If there is a breakdown in the translation, I suspect it is on the receiving end. Perhaps you try to read more into my comments than is intended.
Here is a simple fact. If I want to make a point, I will make it in no uncertain terms. If you can't grasp the written word, and feel you have to "translate" it, that is your problem, not mine.
Try taking things at face value, rather than trying to find some hidden meaning.

Steve

LWW
11-02-2010, 03:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No deception. I guess I was mistaken.
My apology to the mods, and if you are sorely wounded by my post, my apology to you. I hope you recover with your sensibilities intact. </div></div>

Apology accepted.

LWW

Gayle in MD
11-02-2010, 03:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">your "point" being that only you and members of your party are
"big" enuff, "man" enuff...to admit being sometimes, but very rarely,........wrong?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To err is human, to forgive is divine </div></div>
Your "points" usually get "lost in translation" (imho) as they become secondary to the associated string of personal insults that accompany them.
As I noted previously... it's my belief that these constant replies of yours to my erudite postings, are just a ploy to get me to write what I would say to you in person...ending my short lived secondary "life" as a major contributor, noteworthy political commentator, and just an... all around, good guy, here.
</div></div>
I'll second that!

wolfdancer
11-02-2010, 03:48 PM
not being one of the "mots peoples", I stand by my prior statement
"mots people have no problem understanding straightforward"
What you write may be clear as a bell to you, but I get the idea that...... your bell has been rung too often.
There was a famous thesis on verbal communication, that I have lost. In an experiment...one person repeated to another,what had been told to him, and that person then retold the message to the next person. After undergoing this process say 10 times ....the beginning and end messages were compared, and bared little resemblance.
In your case, I suspect that Beck's or Handready's message doesn't survive the brain filtering process it has to undergo.

Gayle in MD
11-02-2010, 03:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">not being one of the "mots peoples", I stand by my prior statement
"mots people have no problem understanding straightforward"
What you write may be clear as a bell to you, but I get the idea that...... your bell has been rung too often.
There was a famous thesis on verbal communication, that I have lost. In an experiment...one person repeated to another,what had been told to him, and that person then retold the message to the next person. After undergoing this process say 10 times ....the beginning and end messages were compared, and bared little resemblance.
In your case, I suspect that Beck's or Handready's message doesn't survive the brain filtering process it has to undergo. </div></div>

OWWWWE, that is good!

Good you're back!

wolfdancer
11-02-2010, 04:15 PM
are we having fun, yet?
I am amazed, also aghast and agog, that I haven't been reported and subsequently banned, for what I have already written. One has to be like"reel careful"... when engaging in a tete a tete with Steve.....

Gayle in MD
11-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Here is what is so silly about all of this BS.

I'll bet, that if you and I, met up with any people who post here, and had a few drinks, and played some pool, we'd all leave
fast friends, at the end of the evening.

This is all so silly.

G.

wolfdancer
11-02-2010, 05:26 PM
with the noted exception of 3 or 4 others, that use this board primarily to brag, threaten, and/or insult....maybe.
If I am invited to attend " The Gathering" I shall decline.
On anudder subject.....
Did you know that you can endlessly climb "Jacob's Ladder", advertised as the "biggest loser" ladder,and for only $2,395.75
( I question their claim to the "biggest loser" title, but propriety forbids me from explaining why...)

Sid_Vicious
11-02-2010, 06:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is what is so silly about all of this BS.

I'll bet, that if you and I, met up with any people who post here, and had a few drinks, and played some pool, we'd all leave

This is all so silly.

G.

</div></div>

"we'd all leave fast friends, at the end of the evening."

I didn't have a lot of luck with that idea Gayle. I suppose with just a couple drinks it MIGHT work, otherwise there's just to much political fever in the way this country is being twisted. I'd probably start a fight, and I have. It wouldn't work, but it is an optimistic idea. sid

wolfdancer
11-02-2010, 06:52 PM
I'd be really interested then,in hearing your side of the story,(not) but I would be even more interested in knowing llotter's credentials that allow him to believe that he is intellectually superior to our duly elected POTUS.
Perhaps he attended higher institutes of learning then President Obama, maybe even graduating magna cum loudly, or whatever that Latin term is.
Or maybe he just believes that this poor "colored boy" has over reached a bit and should be cleaning toilets at the White House, instead of hosting dinners there for for Heads of State, and assorted luminaries.
Well, in a sense that is what he is doing....cleaning up the mess left over from the previous tenant.
"Moron"...even if that were true, it would be several steps higher on an intellectual scale, then George I's #1 son, a prime example of the Peter Principle in action.

sack316
11-02-2010, 08:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is what is so silly about all of this BS.

This is all so silly.

G.

</div></div>

I agree. I'd bet if we all met up, and nobody mentioned names... and politics and religion are off the table for discussion, that none of us would be able to figure out who was who. (well, sans Gayle as she seems to be the lone female still around here). But you know what I mean.

Sack

hondo
11-03-2010, 06:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Despite your myopic beliefs that all Dems are baby killing, welfare recipients, who acknowledge no God, my neighborhood was composed of hard working Irish Catholics for the most part, who were too proud to apply for the dole.
</div></div>

Same in my hood except most were Italian Catholic.

hondo
11-03-2010, 06:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, we are all wrong at times.

It's tough to admit when you are wrong, but it helps you grow as a person when you are willing to do so.

Steve </div></div>

I know one poster who has NEVER admitted being wrong.

hondo
11-03-2010, 06:17 AM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

hondo
11-03-2010, 06:22 AM

This is all so silly.

G.

</div></div>

I used to think that. Now I wonder.

Gayle in MD
11-03-2010, 06:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, we are all wrong at times.

Steve </div></div>

I know one poster who has NEVER admitted being wrong. </div></div>

He must be talking about himself. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

hondo
11-03-2010, 06:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is what is so silly about all of this BS.

This is all so silly.

G.

</div></div>

I didn't have a lot of luck with that idea Gayle. I suppose with just a couple drinks it MIGHT work, otherwise there's just to much political fever in the way this country is being twisted. I'd probably start a fight, and I have. It wouldn't work, but it is an optimistic idea. sid </div></div>

Yep. Some things have been said about me on these boards that would be very difficult for me to get past.
I guess to some this is just a game and the sh*t slinging
is not meant to be taken seriously, but, despite their portrayals of me, I am a proud, decent man.
Why should I accept words said to me on these forums that NO ONE would dare say to me in person?

Gayle in MD
11-03-2010, 07:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is what is so silly about all of this BS.

This is all so silly.

G.

</div></div>

I didn't have a lot of luck with that idea Gayle. I suppose with just a couple drinks it MIGHT work, otherwise there's just to much political fever in the way this country is being twisted. I'd probably start a fight, and I have. It wouldn't work, but it is an optimistic idea. sid </div></div>

Yep. Some things have been said about me on these boards that would be very difficult for me to get past.
I guess to some this is just a game and the sh*t slinging
is not meant to be taken seriously, but, despite their portrayals of me, I am a proud, decent man.
Why should I accept words said to me on these forums that NO ONE would dare say to me in person? </div></div>

I can't blame you, Hondo. Being a man, their constant gross attacks on you, would indeed be entireloly different, and I can see how you would feel about it.

I guess in my case, I have such a low opinion of the offenders, nothing they write about me makes any difference.

It's different for a guy, though.

G.

hondo
11-03-2010, 07:29 AM
Two in particular have crossed the line too many times with me.
I'm sure they can find many posts where I have responded in kind and I'm not proud of that.
But, everything I have said, I would have no problem saying it to them in person.
Can they do the same? I know they can't.

Sev
11-03-2010, 08:05 AM
Actually that was one of the things always done at Boyscout jamboree's.

I still have nightmares about that. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Sev
11-03-2010, 08:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is what is so silly about all of this BS.

This is all so silly.

G.

</div></div>

I used to think that. Now I wonder. </div></div>

Politics and religion cause the biggest rifts between people.
I have family members that Gayle would have no problems with concerning political ideology or yourself Hondo.
As you can imagine I dont agree with them. However that does not preclude us from having a great time together.

I make it a rule not to bring up politics unless someone else does first. Watching their heads explode is always quite entertaining. However I prefer to keep the peace as I believe it is far more important not to ruin family gatherings.

Deeman3
11-03-2010, 09:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is what is so silly about all of this BS.

This is all so silly.

G.

</div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> What, Sid, on the couple of occasions we met, we got on fine as I recall!

I don't recall your picking a fight with little old me! Did I miss something or was there an event that I did not attend where you were beaten or something?

I have met several posters on here and always had a cordial if not really friendly relationship. Hondo, was I rude or did I not make you feel as one of my friends as soon as we met?

Gee, I thought we were better than this. Politics is just a conversation, not a definer of your entire life, I think.

I not afraid or worried about meeting anyone on here although I might be if I had said things I would not say to your face. I just can't do that and thinnk most of you would not as well.

Man up (pardon me Gayle) and be willing to shake another's hand. It won't hurt! If any of you have made threats, then you probably wouldn't show up anyway. </span>

ugotda7
11-03-2010, 10:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Two in particular have crossed the line too many times with me.
I'm sure they can find many posts where I have responded in kind and I'm not proud of that.
But, everything I have said, I would have no problem saying it to them in person.
Can they do the same? I know they can't. </div></div>

And who are these two?

hondo
11-03-2010, 11:16 AM
I don't mind discussion over different ideologies.
However, the personal attacks and backstabbing on here and AZ have me very wary of a few people.

hondo
11-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Well, Dee, I don't recall you ever calling me or any of us
an idiot, a liar, a dumb hillbiily, a poor teacher, a bigot, a klansman,a whiner, a hypocrite, etc.
I can't say that about all on here.

Makes a big difference in my perceptions.

wolfdancer
11-03-2010, 11:31 AM
I admitted to being wrong once...the time I mistakenly thought I had erred.

ugotda7
11-03-2010, 07:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Two in particular have crossed the line too many times with me.
Can they do the same? I know they can't. </div></div>

Still curious - who are these two?

hondo
11-03-2010, 09:22 PM
It wasn't you and, besides, you've improved a bit in my book lately.
Still don't like you much. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

wolfdancer
11-04-2010, 01:21 AM
not too sure what "numph" is, but I'll try anything once.
At my age, I'll settle for mobile, as I think nubile is out, unless there is some sort of monetary arrangement.