PDA

View Full Version : Music for playing pool compilation

shojingod
02-28-2002, 11:35 AM
I am looking for artist and song titles to make a pool music compilation.

I got the

Warren Zevon -Werewolf of London

I don't know the name of the other songs in the color of money movie or other song that would good to put in a compilation.

heater451
02-28-2002, 11:45 AM
Take a look:

http://www.towerrecords.com/product.asp?pfid=1021462

CarolNYC
03-05-2002, 09:34 AM
The theme from the movie "Rocky"
"I believe I can fly"-verse-"if I can see it, than I can do it!"ha ha ha
Carol

CarolNYC
03-05-2002, 09:38 AM
Some more-Frank Sinatra-"My way"
Kid Rock-"Only God knows why" and "Cowboy"
Oh, theres alot!Have a good day!
Carol

Kato
03-05-2002, 09:58 AM
On Jim Croche's greatest hits CD #'s 1 and 10. Bad, Bad, Leroy Brown and Don't Mess Around With Jim have pool references and are cool songs.

Kato~~~has a 2 piece custom made pool cue but ain't no hustler.

03-06-2002, 03:11 AM
I always had a picture in my mind of a pool hall that would play James Brown funk... That'd get me get in the pool shooting mood. :-)

Bob_in_Cincy
03-06-2002, 08:42 AM
I'm with weelie on the JB stuff, but most anything by Stevie Ray Vaughn, Buddy Guy, Clapton's blues stuff.

But you gotta have an old Count Basie tune called "Corner Pocket". Now if you wanna get really hip, throw in anything by Coltrane, Miles, Bird .... on & on .......

Bob in Cincy

03-06-2002, 12:24 PM
Yeah, I often switch on the local cool jazz station when practising on my own (on our own table). The game feels more philosophical, poetic etc. Like it had "a meaning" or something.

We "named" Eye of the tiger (Rocky III) "our theme song" for our match-up with the top team in our league. We still didn't win (they still have 0 losses), but we fought till the very end and got a draw at 2-2.

Eye of the Tiger - Survivor

Risin' up (=we were behind), back on the street
Did my time (=slowed up the game), took my chances (!)
Went the distance, now I'm back on my feet (= almost all matches went to hill-hill)
Just a man and his will to survive

So many times, it happens too fast
You change your passion for glory (=slowed down, played own passionless game)
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past (=no strangle grips, just play your own game)
You must fight just to keep them alive

it's the thrill of the fight and we rose up to the challenge of our rival (we are 2nd in league). And the last known survivor (=zero losses) stalks his prey in the night
And he's watchin' us all in the eye of the tiger (=our club house)

Face to face, out in the heat (=it was actually _very_ cold in our old club house due to high winter)
etc...

;-)