PDA

View Full Version : Tony Hinojosa

09-01-2002, 09:35 PM
I just left the finals of the Texas State Open where I had the pleasure of meeting and talking to Tony Hinojosa. First off let me say he has an extemely nice stroke and an even nicer personality. He was gratious when complimented and seemed truly happy to be playing in the tournament. Tony if you read this thank you for changing my mind about a lot of the people on the tour.I was the guy in the green shirt sitting in front of you and Belinda near the TD's table.
Looks like Jeremy Jones had 1st place locked up he came out of the losers bracket and won the first set of the finals 9-4 and was ahead in the deciding set 3-0 when I had to leave. He was palying Shane Harvey(?), who until he met Jeremy in the finals was undefeated; but it looked as if his run was over.

shayla
09-03-2002, 11:13 AM
fatsam:

I'll point Tony to your post. You are right, he is a great guy and a great pool player to boot. And yes, Jeremy Jones ended up beating Shane Harvey in the second set to win the tourney.

09-03-2002, 09:25 PM
Did you ever play in Fast Eddie tournys on thurs night. I think we may have met and you cleaned my clock.
FatSam

Rod
09-03-2002, 09:34 PM
Um Sam, why would you take a clock to a pool tournament?/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

09-03-2002, 09:37 PM
Pretty funny. O.K she beat beat me in the tourny. How is that or she won our match, is that better?
FatSam

Rod
09-03-2002, 09:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: fatsam:</font><hr> Pretty funny. O.K she beat beat me in the tourny. How is that or she won our match, is that better?
Fatsam <hr></blockquote>

Well all that is ok I guess, if your ok with it but that still doesn't explain the clock!!! LOL just kidding with you, the nerve of those women beating up on the men players.

shayla
09-04-2002, 07:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: fatsam:</font><hr> Did you ever play in Fast Eddie tournys on thurs night. I think we may have met and you cleaned my clock.
FatSam <hr></blockquote>

FatSam,

Yeah, I played when they first started having it, then I stopped because the guy running the tournament was a very inexperienced tournament director. He'd get help from some of the players to run the tournament and help figure out the payouts. It just so happened that the players that "helped" him with the payouts always placed first or second and made the payouts top heavy. I didn't care for playing in tournaments that lop sided like that. Anyhow, I play in the Thursday night Eric's tournaments instead. I'd rather play 9-ball on 9 foots as opposed to 8-ball. You should try the Eric's tournaments sometime if you don't already. Monday night 9-ball at 730pm ($7), Thursday night 9-ball at 730pm ($7), and Saturday afternoon 9-ball at 130pm ($10) with a break contest during each one.

09-06-2002, 05:07 PM
Thank you for the compliment. I had a great time at the Texas Open, even though I wanted to do better. I will be at the Houston Open next month. Hope to see you there.