PDA

View Full Version : The Moron's trip to India

llotter
11-02-2010, 12:59 PM
Would anyone believe that the tab for The Moron's 10 day India trip is $200 million.... per day? I couldn't afford such a vacation like that if I saved all year long.

pooltchr
11-02-2010, 01:05 PM
Not bad for a guy who's job pays slightly over half a million in salary and benefits per year!

Steve

sack316
11-02-2010, 01:26 PM
wow, I was planning on disagreeing here because that seemed too obscene a number to be true. But alas:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The US will be spending a whopping $200 million (Rs900 crore) per day on President Barack Obama's visit to the city.

"The huge amount of around $200 million would be spent on security, stay and other aspects of the presidential visit," a top official of the Maharashtra government privy to the arrangements for the high-profile visit said.

About 3,000 people including Secret Service agents, US government officials and journalists will accompany the president. </div></div>

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_us-to-spend-200-million-a-day-on-obama-s-mumbai-visit_1461370

Also interesting was the people there are not too thrilled about the level of security:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even some of the volunteers at Mani Bhavan have expressed displeasure over heightened security arrangements.

"Mani Bhavan is the place associated with Gandhi who promoted non-violence. But every day people from White House and US security agencies are coming with guns and sniffer dogs," one of them said. </div></div>

Sack

LWW
11-02-2010, 03:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would anyone believe that the tab for The Moron's 10 day India trip is $200 million.... per day? I couldn't afford such a vacation like that if I saved all year long. </div></div>

Having a messiah is expensive these days.

LWW

llotter
11-02-2010, 03:33 PM
When I heard that the president of The Gambia, a country of less than two million poor folks, had his own plane, I imagined an old Ford tri-motor maybe. But the reality was a Boing 747. I guess it's something common to natural born citizens of Africa that when opportunity presents itself, get all you can for yourself.

LWW
11-02-2010, 03:38 PM
The office of El Presidente/Maximum Leader/Dear Leader usually comes with the perks that all thugocrats believe their station entitles them to.

LWW

sack316
11-02-2010, 08:19 PM
Well, I suppose if he needs any tech support while there it will be a local call at least. Should save a little bit there /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

wolfdancer
11-02-2010, 09:33 PM
Sack, while I skipped the entire thread, save for your reply....your post reminded me of the time I played golf at Sharp Park, and got paired up with two guys from India.
During the round, one guy received several phone calls, which seemed to be exciting news for both of them. Finally they let me in on the story. One guy had written the code for Hotmail, and the phone calls were updates on the number of new subscribers.
He sold the application to Mr. Softee....I wonder though, what would the fair market value be today?

sack316
11-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Well, the domain name itself (repeat, domain name ONLY) is currently valued a shade under $2 million. Of course, even only one year ago its traffic was four times what it is now... so I'd assume that $2 million price tag is pretty discounted from what it once was!

So basically, I'd assume your golfing partner for that day made out like a bandit. If you ever get a hold of him again, ask him if he needs a caddy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack