PDA

View Full Version : It's tough when you lose Dirty Harry!

Deeman3
11-02-2010, 02:58 PM
<span style="color: #FF0000">This will cause the movie reviewer's to "rethink" their position on his new movie, no doubt! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>

The former mayor of Carmel is "not a fan" of President Barack Obama.

Hereafter -- Film ReviewClint Eastwood told Katie Couric during a CBSNews.com interview that the president is doing what he can to stay in the position, but that he's not actually "governing."

The 20-minute interview posted Thursday was to push Eastwood's movie Hereafter, which opened today.

Eastwood supported Obama's Republican challenger John McCain two years ago, but the politically active actor is no right winger. He supported California Gov. Gray Davis, a Democrat, for example, during the recall campaign that eventually led to Republican Arnold Schwarzenegger being elected.

Nevertheless, publicly coming out against Obama -- 11 days before mid-term elections, no less -- definitely puts Eastwood in the minority in famously liberal Hollywood.

Eastwood, though, is laying low compared to others in Hollywood who don't support Obama. Kelsey Grammer recently launched RightNetwork, for example, and Jon Voight has been speaking at Tea Party rallies.

And then there's Clint Howard, who stars in two online commercials: one that trashes Obama's tax policies, and a newer one from writer-director David Zucker that goofs on Sen. Barbara Boxer's famous "I-worked-so-hard-to get that-title" comment.

sack316
11-02-2010, 03:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> that goofs on Sen. Barbara Boxer's famous "I-worked-so-hard-to get that-title" comment.
</div></div>

I heard the audio on Greg Budell's show. Hilarious... sir

Sack

Gayle in MD
11-02-2010, 03:25 PM
Now Dee, you know damn well that this is hilarious, beyond belief, don't you sweetie.

First, you righties condemn the left, for their connections to Hollywood, then, you immediately turn right around and use hollywood connections as a propagandist attack.

Hey, let's just try to remember, that it was YOUR party who voted Bonzo in!

OMGICBHSTRI!

wolfdancer
11-02-2010, 03:32 PM
If anybody has to rely on Philo Beddoe, or Rowdy Yates for political guidance, they don't deserve to have their vote counted.
And.... I'm a fan of his, even been to the Hog's Breath Inn in Carmel.
His greatest achievement was replanting the American flag, on the Pebble Beach properties, after a decade or so, of the Imperial Army rule. It weren't as dramatic as raising the American flag on Iwo Jima.....but once again we defeated the Japanese, bankrupting them in the process.