PDA

View Full Version : Today, On Election DAy

Gayle in MD
11-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Today, on our election day, with all of my heart, my greatest hope, is that we, as Americans, will make our best effort, to choose for ourselves, that which will best serve, for the greatest part, the most, of whom we really are, as Amerians, and exactly what it is, that we stand for, regardless.

Gayle

sack316
11-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Hear hear, nice post Gayle

Sack

Gayle in MD
11-02-2010, 03:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hear hear, nice post Gayle

Sack </div></div>
:-x

Thanks, friend.

Best regards,
G.

Sid_Vicious
11-02-2010, 04:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Today, on our election day, with all of my heart, my greatest hope, is that we, as Americans, will make our best effort, to choose for ourselves, that which will best serve, for the greatest part, the most, of whom we really are, as Amerians, and exactly what it is, that we stand for, regardless.

Gayle </div></div>

I hear you Gayle. I must state though that sadly, it won't happen that way. We've had nasty politics from the republicans ever since Bush, total negativity, and a total stalemate from the right,,,all they have done is AID bin Laden's effort those many years after the Towers fell. Now, we have the right making spooky fears about a president just 2-years in office, who was responsible for heading off the next Great Depression.

Seriously, the terrorists have to love the republicans for helping them create fears, and hence turning educated Americans into puppets on a string. The old saying "nice guys finish last" fits here. Had it been Bush in place of Obama, his signing statements would have been much more than they were, and Bush or any republican would be just as despicable as they have been in this upcoming election.

American voters are stupid to gauge 2 years, and demand change. Stupid!, scared little people, instead of "thinkers" beyond the present. Obama let this get ugly by his push for bipartisan proposals, when he should have been more like Bush back when they had control. Nice guys finish last, and in this case, we all will finish last once the right gets control for the next ten years. Whoever said we learned enough from the Great Depression to ever allow another one, didn't factor in weak constitutions of supposedly educated Americans.

"we, as Americans, will make our best effort, to choose for ourselves." That is beyond possibility Gayle. It is a grand hope, just impossible due to the fear factor. Bush used the fear card all the time, and his party is using it now, and it works, just as a horror flick has never lost money at the box office...Americans are shallow people in politics. sid

Gayle in MD
11-02-2010, 04:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Today, on our election day, with all of my heart, my greatest hope, is that we, as Americans, will make our best effort, to choose for ourselves, that which will best serve, for the greatest part, the most, of whom we really are, as Amerians, and exactly what it is, that we stand for, regardless.

Gayle </div></div>

I hear you Gayle. I must state though that sadly, it won't happen that way. We've had nasty politics from the republicans ever since Bush, total negativity, and a total stalemate from the right,,,all they have done is AID bin Laden's effort those many years after the Towers fell. Now, we have the right making spooky fears about a president just 2-years in office, who was responsible for heading off the next Great Depression.

Seriously, the terrorists have to love the republicans for helping them create fears, and hence turning educated Americans into puppets on a string. The old saying "nice guys finish last" fits here. Had it been Bush in place of Obama, his signing statements would have been much more than they were, and Bush or any republican would be just as despicable as they have been in this upcoming election.

American voters are stupid to gauge 2 years, and demand change. Stupid!, scared little people, instead of "thinkers" beyond the present. Obama let this get ugly by his push for bipartisan proposals, when he should have been more like Bush back when they had control. Nice guys finish last, and in this case, we all will finish last once the right gets control for the next ten years. Whoever said we learned enough from the Great Depression to ever allow another one, didn't factor in weak constitutions of supposedly educated Americans.

"we, as Americans, will make our best effort, to choose for ourselves." That is beyond possibility Gayle. It is a grand hope, just impossible. sid </div></div>

Tap Tap Tap! Eloquent, my friend, but I still have hope, and believe in my heart, that people, by nature, are good at heart,
and that in the end, the good, will out.

G.

Sid_Vicious
11-02-2010, 04:40 PM
That would be nice. My own brother muttered something yesterday on the phone about Clinton have an OK economy when he left office. OK! That economy was the best this country has ever seen! My own brother has become dumbed down,,,he wasn't like that several years ago. My take, honestly?,,,we're headed to a total loss of the middle class and a third world status. Only thing that could change that would be a bright flash in the sky and nuclear fallout. Not a good option. I don't have the faith in "people" anymore. Between their grown complacency built up over the years, and their senseless way of looking at politics from "the right", just like it was a wrestling match on TV, and believe the BS in both events. This mess is too large to fix in our lifetimes, chit is gonna hit the fan for most of us, even the stupid ones today following the right wing lies. Like I said, we will ALL BE LOSERS then, not matter who you choose to blame, but in the end, we've lost the American Dream as we knew it. The IQ(ignorance quotient) in this country is simply in the basement, simply because of rushed fears after only 2 years following the worst president there ever was. sid

wolfdancer
11-02-2010, 05:06 PM
Hear, hear !!!
I have to agree...how can the country not be divided, when the two parties are polar opposites on major issues.
It's time for the "townspeople" to light the torches, grab the pitchforks and march to the "Castle"

Qtec
11-03-2010, 02:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Today, on our election day, with all of my heart, my greatest hope, is that we, as Americans, will make our best effort, to choose for ourselves, that which will best serve, for the greatest part, the most, of whom we really are, as Amerians, and exactly what it is, that we stand for, regardless.

Gayle </div></div>

No chance.

Q

Gayle in MD
11-03-2010, 06:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Today, on our election day, with all of my heart, my greatest hope, is that we, as Americans, will make our best effort, to choose for ourselves, that which will best serve, for the greatest part, the most, of whom we really are, as Amerians, and exactly what it is, that we stand for, regardless.

Gayle </div></div>

No chance.

Q </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> As usual, Q., you are right! How can people be so stupid?

Remember Boehner, crying on the Senate Floor, begging for the TARP money for Bush!

Remember when he was handing out checks to Republicans, from the Tobacco Industry, right on the Senate Floor!!!!

Republicans aren't going to change. they will always be the party that is only for the rich, and their own payoffs.

This is going to be a mess.

g. </span>

Sid_Vicious
11-03-2010, 02:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hear, hear !!!
I have to agree...how can the country not be divided, when the two parties are polar opposites on major issues.
It's time for the "townspeople" to light the torches, grab the pitchforks and march to the "Castle" </div></div>

"It's time for the "townspeople" to light the torches, grab the pitchforks and march to the "Castle"

You jest, I'm sure, but that time may just come once chaos evolves. Problem is that the liberals aren't as armed to the teeth like the nutty right does. Sick anyway you approach it. sid

Sid_Vicious
11-03-2010, 02:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Today, on our election day, with all of my heart, my greatest hope, is that we, as Americans, will make our best effort, to choose for ourselves, that which will best serve, for the greatest part, the most, of whom we really are, as Amerians, and exactly what it is, that we stand for, regardless.

Gayle </div></div>

No chance.

Q </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> As usual, Q., you are right! How can people be so stupid?

Remember Boehner, crying on the Senate Floor, begging for the TARP money for Bush!

Remember when he was handing out checks to Republicans, from the Tobacco Industry, right on the Senate Floor!!!!

Republicans aren't going to change. they will always be the party that is only for the rich, and their own payoffs.

This is going to be a mess.

g. </span> </div></div>

"This is going to be a mess."

On top of the mess we already have left from the last 8 years. I can not even imagine the demise we are headed for. The best thing the Dems can do is unite in the Senate, stalemate and filibuster, AND, that Obama's nuts grow bigger and his veto pen is used tons more. We weren't doing anything with the "no party" of the re-pigs anyway, so AT LEAST stay "their way" instead of giving in to the republican's crazy idea of returning to Bush's failed ways. I am dead serious! Problem is I don't think the dems have it in them. Nice guys...remember what I said. sid

Deeman3
11-03-2010, 02:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
It's time for the "townspeople" to light the torches, grab the pitchforks and march to the "Castle" </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Wolfdancer,

Wasn't that what the folks did last night? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>

pooltchr
11-03-2010, 02:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sid_Vicious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The best thing the Dems can do is unite in the Senate, stalemate and filibuster,

</div></div>

Surely, you aren't suggesting that the Dems should become the "party of no"!!

Shouldn't they reach across the aisle, compromise with the house, become part of the solution and not part of the problem?

Funny how something that was so bad when your side was in power, suddenly becomes the best thing they can do, when they are now in the minority!

Steve

bobroberts
11-03-2010, 03:50 PM
I might rate this the best thread of the year. Singing each others praises. We are so wonderful and, the right with George Bush was so bad and a warmonger to boot.
Country is so dumbed down. I agree it is dumbed down with pelosi Boxer Frank. how can you re-elect these professional politicians every 4 years amazes me.Talk about drink kool ade!!
Geesh.
You people are unbelievable.If someone spit into your face you would say its raining.
I forgot you want more govn't handouts because you can't make it on your own. Don't forget that no one is responsible for anything they do anymore its always someone else's fault.

wolfdancer
11-03-2010, 04:13 PM
have you ever made a post, sans the invective?
"You can catch more bears with honey"
Well, with the country so dumbed down as you say, it's just
heartening to know that we still have some real Americans,deep thinkers, like yourself.

Sev
11-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Cant wait to see the teaparty effect.
They now want their own caucus.

Oh man this is going to be fun!!!

LWW
11-04-2010, 03:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<span style="color: #FF0000">Wolfdancer,

Wasn't that what the folks did last night? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span> </div></div>

He doesn't realize how close that is to happening.

LWW

LWW
11-04-2010, 03:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bobroberts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I might rate this the best thread of the year. Singing each others praises. We are so wonderful and, the right with George Bush was so bad and a warmonger to boot.
Country is so dumbed down. I agree it is dumbed down with pelosi Boxer Frank. how can you re-elect these professional politicians every 4 years amazes me.Talk about drink kool ade!!
Geesh.
You people are unbelievable.If someone spit into your face you would say its raining.
I forgot you want more govn't handouts because you can't make it on your own. Don't forget that no one is responsible for anything they do anymore its always someone else's fault.
</div></div>

Well ... now that you mention it ... the majority of our leftist members are wards of the state in some way or another.

LWW

Qtec
11-04-2010, 04:13 AM
Its called payback.

If the GOP think they can get away with trying to bring Govt to a halt amidst the worse economic situation since the Great Depression, f@@k em.

They need to be shown for what they are. Parasites. They feed off hate.

Q