PDA

View Full Version : GOP sweeping across the country.

bobroberts
11-02-2010, 06:11 PM
Goes to show some of you lefties how far out of step you all are with the rest of the country.

wolfdancer
11-02-2010, 07:05 PM
they can sweep from now till doomsday, but they'll never be able to clean up the mess, that GWB left behind.

Qtec
11-03-2010, 02:37 AM
GOP sweeping across the country. ..<span style="color: #990000">like a plague.</span>

Q

Gayle in MD
11-03-2010, 06:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they can sweep from now till doomsday, but they'll never be able to clean up the mess, that GWB left behind. </div></div>
<span style="color: #FF0000">From Bush's book... </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mr Bush also focuses on anecdotes and details of 14 major events of his life and presidency in his book, including the decision to stop drinking and his decisions following the attacks of 11 September 2001.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>He admits he made mistakes when responding to Hurricane Katrina in 2005 and describes how he felt "like the captain of a sinking ship" when the economic crisis escalated towards the end of his presidency in 2008. </span>
<span style="color: #FF0000"> Ha ha ha, he "felt" like the captain, not quite, Bushy, you WERE the captain! </span>

But he adds: "The financial crisis should not become an excuse to raise taxes."

<span style="color: #FF0000">OMG! Even Greenspan said it would be highly irresponsible not to raise taxes on the top two percent! </span>

The memoir could help Mr Bush, who left office with some of the lowest approval ratings of any US president, shed a more favourable light on his time in office.

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Fat Chance, lol. </span>

"Whatever the verdict on my presidency, I'm comfortable with the fact that I won't be around to hear it," Mr Bush writes
</div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">LMAO, guess he isn't listening.

Anyone who thinks Republicans have got a clue about how to clean up Bush's messes, is dreaming....!</span>

pooltchr
11-03-2010, 06:59 AM
Be a big boy and just admit it. The vast majority of Americans voted yesterday as a referendum on how the Dems have done in the past two years....and the answer is pretty clear.
The Obama agenda is not what most Americans want for our country.

Steve

hondo
11-03-2010, 07:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bobroberts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Goes to show some of you lefties how far out of step you all are with the rest of the country. </div></div>

GOOD! My porch needs swept.

wolfdancer
11-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Uh...I think the verdict has already been delivered, and it weren't pretty....

Sev
11-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Just remember Liberals are only 20 percent of the population. Conservatives are 41% of the population.

Qtec
11-09-2010, 02:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Be a big boy and just admit it. <u>The vast majority of Americans voted yesterday as a referendum on how the Dems have done in the past two years....and the answer is pretty clear.</u>
The Obama agenda is not what most Americans want for our country.

Steve </div></div>

The turnout was less than 50%.

Only 55% of those votes went the GOP. That means they received about 60 Million votes, less than a third of all possible votes and only 20% of the total population.

Q

Q

LWW
11-09-2010, 04:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they can sweep from now till doomsday, but they'll never be able to clean up the mess, that GWB left behind. </div></div>

Thank God we don't gave 5% GDP{ growth, 4.6% unemployment, and an annual deficit 89% less than what the democrooks have given us.

We are truly blessed that capitalism has been crushed by dear leader's forces.

LWW

LWW
11-09-2010, 04:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GOP sweeping across the country. ..<span style="color: #990000">like a plague.</span>

Q </div></div>

The GOP did not sweep anything.

The people sept out the most criminal congress in US history.

IMHO PJ O'Rourke said it best ... "This wasn't an election, it was the issuance of a restraining order!"

Never in the last century have the American people so strongly rejected a party agenda.

Deal with it.

LWW

LWW
11-09-2010, 04:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bobroberts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Goes to show some of you lefties how far out of step you all are with the rest of the country. </div></div>

GOOD! My porch needs swept. </div></div>

What happened to your illegal that you refused to provide health care for or pay a living wage to?

LWW

Qtec
11-09-2010, 05:17 AM
See, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>there you go again.</span>

You make a statement that you think its fact because you read it on some RW blog and we should somehow accept this as the truth?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The people sept out the most criminal congress in US history. </div></div>

Just once more I will lay it out for you because you just don't seem to get it.

Say WHAT you think.
Say WHY you think it.
Back it up with some FACTS.

That's how adults conduct a discussion, ask your Mommy.

Q

LWW
11-09-2010, 06:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">See, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>there you go again.</span>

You make a statement that you think its fact because you read it on some RW blog and we should somehow accept this as the truth?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The people sept out the most criminal congress in US history. </div></div>

Just once more I will lay it out for you because you just don't seem to get it.

Say WHAT you think.
Say WHY you think it.
Back it up with some FACTS.

That's how adults conduct a discussion, ask your Mommy.

Q </div></div>

Alcee Hastings.

Barney Frank.

John Murtha.

Ted Kennedy.

Robert Byrd.

Bill Clinton.

Criminals all.

LWW

Qtec
11-09-2010, 06:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 26pt'>The GOP did not sweep anything.

LWW </span></div></div>

Thank you.

Q

wolfdancer
11-09-2010, 12:29 PM
oddly enough...20% of the population has higher I.Q. scores then the median, while 40% score less.
Where did I get those figures from, since they aren't widely known?
By the process of extrapolation.
To estimate (a value of a variable outside a known range) from values within a known range by assuming that the estimated value follows logically from the known values.

Deeman3
11-09-2010, 01:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">oddly enough...20% of the population has higher I.Q. scores then the median, while 40% score less.
Where did I get those figures from, since they aren't widely known?
By the process of extrapolation.
To estimate (a value of a variable outside a known range) from values within a known range by assuming that the estimated value follows logically from the known values. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Wow! I am have not had enough recent statistical math lately to know if I have been insulted! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

It would be interesting to do a normal distribution curve on where we all stand on the political curve. From the Castro scale on the left to Attila the Hun on the right.

Of course it would have to consider all issues where many of us, even in our own "groups" fall, from social issues like abortion to clean water to war and economics.

Like most things, it would be a false analysis as like Castro's medical care vs. those of his fellow cubans and the Hun's retirement system for the head guy vs. the food taster. Maybe on a slow day, I'll graph something up and we can all, those who choose, fill in our proper or perceived place on the map.

By the way, I have illegal that sweeps my proch but I am not gonna run for office. Gotta wait til the bribes get more lucrative! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</span>

wolfdancer
11-09-2010, 01:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow! I am have not had enough recent statistical math lately to know if I have been insulted </div></div>
I'm not sure I scored one for the home team, either. I just copy and print whatever comes up on my Google inquiries.

eg8r
11-09-2010, 02:49 PM
OK, but 55% of the votes on that day is all that really mattered, correct?

eg8r

LWW
11-09-2010, 06:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GOP sweeping across the country. ..<span style="color: #990000">like a plague.</span>

Q </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 26pt'>The GOP did not sweep anything.

LWW </span></div></div>

Thank you.

Q </div></div>

Yes ... the doublethink is strong in you Snoopy.

LWW

LWW
11-09-2010, 06:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It would be interesting to do a normal distribution curve on where we all stand on the political curve. From the Castro scale on the left to Attila the Hun on the right. </div></div>

Atilla was also a leftist.

Tyranny can only come from the left.

The farther left one goes the more one believes in the primacy of the state ... the farther right you go the less the state is seen as omnipotent.

LWW

Deeman3
11-09-2010, 07:13 PM
So, I was only covering the left to the far left? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sev
11-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Now Wolfi dont take it so hard.

You came from a time when we didnt feel guilty when a child was left behind.

Qtec
11-10-2010, 02:35 AM
The guy/gal with the most votes wins and yes that's what matters. I know you don't like him but Alan Grayson puts it like this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> REP. ALAN GRAYSON:

Well, my defeat was part of a wave across the country that had Republicans winning because <u>Democrats didnít vot</u>e. We have the results from the pre-election turnout; we donít have the results from the Election Day turnout yet. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>In my district, when you compare that to 2008, the Republican turnout in the early voting was down by 20 percent, and <span style='font-size: 20pt'>the Democratic turnout in early voting was down by 60 percent.</span></span> And that wasnít true just in my district; that was true all around Florida and pretty much the whole country, except for the West Coast and New England. And as a result of that, virtually every Democrat who won in 2008 by less than ten points loss this year. There was only one exception out of twenty-four. And there were forty-four more Democrats who won by more than ten points in 2008 who managed to lose this year, because their Democratic voters didnít turn up. <u>Itís not a situation where DemocratsóDemocratic voters decided to vote Republican; itís a situation where Democratic voters didnít vote. And when Democrats donít vote, Democrats canít win.</u></div></div>

ie, The GOP won because the Obama supporters don't think he has done enough. They are disappointed because he has been TOO bipartisan and still thinks the GOP will work with him.

The latest signs from the GOP is "no compromise".......on anything.

Q

LWW
11-10-2010, 04:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The latest signs from the GOP is "no compromise".......on anything.

Q </div></div>

May God bless them on and all if they stick to that.

LWW

Qtec
11-10-2010, 05:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The latest signs from the GOP is "no compromise".......on anything.

Q </div></div>

May God bless them on and all if they stick to that.

LWW </div></div>

For the record,

"LLW rejects any kind of <span style='font-size: 20pt'>bipartisanship</span>", something EVERY Republican ran on.

Q.......good to know.P

LWW
11-10-2010, 05:56 AM
I'm not a republican.

If you ever paid attention you would know that.

LWW

hondo
11-10-2010, 06:26 AM
"I'm not a republican.

If you ever paid attention you would know that".

LWW

I'm a little teapot,
See my snout.

ROTFLMFAO! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

LWW
11-10-2010, 06:46 AM
You do spout off a lot without ever actually saying anything.

LWW

pooltchr
11-10-2010, 08:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> REP. ALAN GRAYSON:

Well, my defeat was part of a wave across the country that had Republicans winning because <u>Democrats didnít vot</u>e. We have the results from the pre-election turnout; we donít have the results from the Election Day turnout yet. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>In my district, when you compare that to 2008, the Republican turnout in the early voting was down by 20 percent, and <span style='font-size: 20pt'>the Democratic turnout in early voting was down by 60 percent.</span></span> And that wasnít true just in my district; that was true all around Florida and pretty much the whole country, except for the West Coast and New England. And as a result of that, virtually every Democrat who won in 2008 by less than ten points loss this year. There was only one exception out of twenty-four. And there were forty-four more Democrats who won by more than ten points in 2008 who managed to lose this year, because their Democratic voters didnít turn up. <u>Itís not a situation where DemocratsóDemocratic voters decided to vote Republican; itís a situation where Democratic voters didnít vote. And when Democrats donít vote, Democrats canít win.</u></div></div>

Q </div></div>

Another prime example of victim mentality. "I didn't win because my supporters didn't vote" Maybe he didn't do the job he was elected to do. Maybe he didn't get his message out. Whatever, blaming voters for not voting for you is more evidence of the elitist attitude of the left. "My people were too stupid to get out and vote for me!"

What a joke!

Steve

eg8r
11-10-2010, 09:10 AM
Grayson is trying to save face, do you not agree? Why didn't the Dems vote? My opinion is that they had NOTHING to vote FOR!!! Dem and Rep voters alike have all voiced their discouragement for the Dem-led Congress. The lack of votes is proof of this and their way of saying we are not going to vote for you.

eg8r

wolfdancer
11-10-2010, 01:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Atilla was also a leftist. </div></div>
And Hitler and Benito were on the right.....in fact, it's often been said when commenting on politicians.... and I quote ".....just to the right of Atilla"
(was there a point to your post?)

hondo
11-10-2010, 02:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
(was their a point to your post?) </div></div>

LOL! You are very close to an epiphany, grasshopper.

LWW
11-10-2010, 04:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Atilla was also a leftist. </div></div>
And Hitler and Benito were on the right.....in fact, it's often been said when commenting on politicians.... and I quote ".....just to the right of Atilla"
(was there a point to your post?) </div></div>

Actually they were also leftists.

It astounds me how you can claim the uber statists were anti statists.

LWW

cushioncrawler
11-10-2010, 06:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bobroberts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Goes to show some of you lefties how far out of step you all are with the rest of the country. </div></div>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3qc7wFpBQY

hondo
11-10-2010, 10:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bobroberts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Goes to show some of you lefties how far out of step you all are with the rest of the country. </div></div>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3qc7wFpBQY </div></div>

Tea partier or Republichicken?