PDA

View Full Version : The next Bambino?

wolfdancer
11-02-2010, 10:31 PM
Bryce Harper????
Hits em long and has a great arm as well. Good, heck, great looking swing!!!
I think they may have to move the fences back when he makes it to the biggies...already he has hit some 500 ft + shots:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liS3kGvQ9Bk&feature=fvw]Harper
Pitches, catches, and throws base runners out from the outfield.

LWW
11-03-2010, 04:15 AM
Great prospect ... let's see how he does against higher level competition before we leap to such conclusions however.

LWW

sack316
11-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Seems like a great physical gift he has.

Unfortunately when I consider he got himself ejected from the JUCO World Series, quite possibly costing his team a title since it was his second ejection causing a 2 game suspension... and that he dropped out of High School (as a Sophomore)to get his GED... I've gotta think the kid will have a lot of growing up to do mentally before he can even have a shot. I hope the atmosphere of minor league ball will not drown him. If ya ever want to have a fraternity party experience without going to school... just get drafted! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

But then again the kid got a 5-year $9.9 million contract out of the Nats, so who am I to question him? He's set regardless!

Sack

wolfdancer
11-03-2010, 03:39 PM
he got ejected because he questioned a call....and had a right to...the pitch is clearly outside.
Who needs H.S....when they are lining up to make you an instant millionaire? Besides, HS is over rated:
... "all I ever needed to know, I learned in Kindergarten"

sack316
11-03-2010, 03:43 PM
no sir... the pitch wasn't outside... because the umpire said so /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack--- still holds his old high school's record for consecutive games receiving a 'warning'

wolfdancer
11-03-2010, 03:49 PM
there's "outside" and then there's "way outside" Hope that ump didn't forget to bring his white cane to the ballpark.....

sack316
11-03-2010, 03:50 PM
I used to umpire for extra money when I was younger. So my take on such things varies according to what uniform I had on that day /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

bobroberts
11-03-2010, 03:53 PM
What you fail to realize is that most of them blow all their money after being away from the league for 2 years.

sack316
11-03-2010, 03:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bobroberts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What you fail to realize is that most of them blow all their money after being away from the league for 2 years. </div></div>

I would never fail to realize that... been there and done it! lol

Sack

wolfdancer
11-03-2010, 04:01 PM
yeah, there are a ton of "can't miss", prospects that fail at the next level.
I remember the story about Carl Yastrzemski, who tore up the minors, and then had trouble hitting a major league curve ball. He was ready to demote himself, but the Sox brought in Ted Williams, who had been bone fishing in Fla...(his passion) to help Carl out.
Carl said Ted just flicked his wrists, and the ball flew into the stands. He also said Ted's tips really didn't help, but he might have picked something up by osmosis?
I can't think of two more dissimilar swings...Ted's very fluid swing, and Carl's swing from the hips.....