PDA

View Full Version : I wonder

hondo
11-03-2010, 11:35 AM
If Obama and the Democrats proposed some new legislation that would truly benefit this country, do you think the Republicans would still fight it?

My guess is yes because they are determined to undermine anything he does, regardless of it would help the taxpayers.
Their only goal is control of the White House and Congress.
Nothing else matters.

Am I right?

wolfdancer
11-03-2010, 12:11 PM
I believe it's called politics, and the Dems aren't quite pure at heart in that department.
BUT then, when have the Republican pols ever presented legislature that would help Mr. Average Taxpayer, without the hidden agenda of cutting an even better deal for big business?

Deeman3
11-03-2010, 12:46 PM
I will support any legislation that I honestly feel will help the economy, the average taxpayer and help assure long term debt reduction.

I know that sounds complex and perhaps difficult but I see many places beyond the normal waste we have. Start with the military having hunders of bases all over the planet. If we still need to protect Germany, Japan, Holland from the Muslims or any other threat, I bet we could do so without having all these bases and support personnel all over. Now, that's rightie looking with a critical eye on military spending. How many new bombers do we need?

How about replacing an average or 5 police enforcement agengies in each county in the U.S. with one police department across the nation, as germany and many others do, thereby reducing redundancy across the board?

How about making all lobbying illegal, with all elections funded by individual limits of $100 a person, $10,000 a corporation and to boot, the Unions and Companies having to disclose their contributions? Ask how many Republicans and Democrats will suppport that?

Education, fund all schools at an equal level that has been used at the most successful secondard schools in the country, Give them all they need. Throw out every student who does not attand or causes havoc (worked for 200 years) cut the welfare aide to all parents who do not attend weekly status and PTA Meetings. Add in severe tax penalties to all parents who are not on welfare but have failing students.

No prayer, no bling, no pants falling down, no abuse of teachers and no tolerence for disruption. Let them "express" themselves after school and give them homework, teach them civics and moral character. If they fail and do not try, give all those resources to the kids who do want it.

Take away the royal treatment of politicians. Scrap Nancy's palace (now Bainters), make them fly commercial or rent their own damn plane, make them show up to work 5 days a week or dock their pay, as most of us would be.

I know, never happen. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

pooltchr
11-03-2010, 01:00 PM
You think like a businessman, not like a politician.

Steve

LWW
11-03-2010, 01:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If Obama and the Democrats proposed some new legislation that would truly benefit this country, do you think the Republicans would still fight it</div></div>
If Obama and the democrooks had proposed any new legislation that would truly have benefited this country, last night's arse beating would never have happened.

Thanks, however, for the Freudian slip.

The thinking class in America already knew that the democrooks were America's worst enemy ... very few of their followers were willing to admit as much in public.

Kudos to the West Virginian.

LWW

wolfdancer
11-03-2010, 01:42 PM
great ideas!!!
Have you ever considered running for office?
You got my vote.

hondo
11-03-2010, 01:46 PM
I like this paragraph a lot.

Education, fund all schools at an equal level that has been used at the most successful secondard schools in the country, Give them all they need. Throw out every student who does not attand or causes havoc (worked for 200 years) cut the welfare aide to all parents who do not attend weekly status and PTA Meetings. Add in severe tax penalties to all parents who are not on welfare but have failing students.

Deeman3
11-03-2010, 01:49 PM
Hell no, Wolfdancer, then I would have to attend meetings, sleep with girls I don't want to and smile at people I do not appreciate.

Well, the sleeping around thing I might budge on but the heck with asking strangers to fund my habits. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Thanks for the pre-vote, however. I bet you and I could lock ourselves in a room and make a series of bills that would make all but the most partisan of people, if not happy, not outraged!

You know, all you really need is common sense, emphathy and a few class "C" narcotics to work this crap out. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

First Law - Ban anyone who ever banned anyone! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

hondo
11-03-2010, 02:01 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

sack316
11-03-2010, 03:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If Obama and the Democrats proposed some new legislation that would truly benefit this country, do you think the Republicans would still fight it?

My guess is yes because they are determined to undermine anything he does, regardless of it would help the taxpayers.
Nothing else matters.

Am I right? </div></div>

I dunno. Politics is all about perception. And right now the perception, although not true, is that republicans are basically in control after this historic turnaround in seating.

With that said, if things get better over the next two years they will at least lay claim to being given credit for a good turnaround, be it earned or not.

So I think they would support good legislation should it come upon their desks. But I wouldn't go as far as to say the intentions behind it aren't for personal gain. Nor do I think they'd take anything "as is" from Democrats without putting enough of their own touches on it so they can say "we basically created this".

I also think come 2012 we'll see a lot of claims of either "we did it" or "they did it", depending on what shape we are in then, from both sides.

Sack

Gayle in MD
11-03-2010, 05:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If Obama and the Democrats proposed some new legislation that would truly benefit this country, do you think the Republicans would still fight it?

Nothing else matters.

Am I right? </div></div>

I dunno. Politics is all about perception. And right now the perception, although not true, is that republicans are basically in control after this historic turnaround in seating.

With that said, if things get better over the next two years they will at least lay claim to being given credit for a good turnaround, be it earned or not.

So I think they would support good legislation should it come upon their desks. But I wouldn't go as far as to say the intentions behind it aren't for personal gain. Nor do I think they'd take anything "as is" from Democrats without putting enough of their own touches on it so they can say "we basically created this".

I also think come 2012 we'll see a lot of claims of either "we did it" or "they did it", depending on what shape we are in then, from both sides.

Sack </div></div>

I think the President proved today, that his only wish, is to get this country healed from the multi messes left by Bush, and move us forward.

I also think the banks have been in on the obstruction, from the start. They want Republicans in there, the party they can depend on to let them get by with murder, again, that's why they gave so much money to the Repubs.

Same deal with Pharmaceuticals, Health Insurance, Oil, Credit Card companies...basically the six industries that bought the election and handed it all over to the same pigs that let them do as they liked for the eight mightmarish years of Bush, and his blank check majority.

I believe that if Republicans continue to obstruct progress, as they have done for the last 22 months, you'll see a different Obama.

No more Mr. Nice guy. He's done everything he could possibly do to get Republicans to join in an effort to go forward, and they refused.

Now, they are promising to continue on the same path.

Now, when they go in there and give, give give to the rich, and the corporations who outsource our jobs, and put them back in power, what are all of those Tea Party people going to say about it, when their medicare, and SS, is cut, by the Republicans?

What are they going to say about it when the banks rev it up to throw them out on the streets, and the Republicans drop their unemployment, with no jobs around, and the Republicans are protecing the same banks, Oil, Pharma, and the rest, that threw them out on the street, in one way or other?

Another thing, people don't realize until they get cancer, how much our environment, congtributes to the disease. Once you get it, you start to research it, and then, you appreciate more tham ever, the Democratic party. You start to get an attitude about people who make fun of "Tree Huggers."

Watch what happens to the environemntal regulations, now. Watch what they wioll do to stem cell research, and Cafe' Standards....

Democratic always get a bad wrap, because they get in AFTER the Republican policies have failed, but Clinton, managed to handle it, pretty well, anyway. President Obama, is no dummie, he'll wake up to the fact that the ONLY goal, Republicans have, is to destroy him.

Then, you're going to see some big changes...then you're going to see what the man is really made of...and IMO, he's no pushover.

Just my 2C, friend.
G.

Sev
11-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Thats just rich!!
AHAHHAAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHHAHAHAA HHAAHAHAHHAHHHA!!!

sack316
11-03-2010, 06:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... you're going to see some big changes... </div></div>

That part is for certain, one way or another.

Sack

hondo
11-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Which parts did you disagree with?
How about constructive criticism rather than a Cuejoey-like response?