PDA

View Full Version : To Karla in IA

Karatemom
09-02-2002, 11:03 AM
It was very nice meeting you. You played some spectacular pool. I would have liked to have seen your whole match, but my son was bugging me to play. As it turned out, he didn't like the table I was shooting on so he got his own. Just as well, I hate being beaten by him, LOL. I hope to see you again at a tourney, and maybe next time, I'll see you in the draw and not on the bench, LOL.

I never did get to meet ontheroad, you?

Heide

09-02-2002, 02:00 PM
Hello Heide!

It was a pleasure to meet you, too! Thank you so much for the compliments, I did the best I could against Pam Bell, the girl who is sweeping the midwest tourneys, but made a couple of dumb mistakes. Next time I'll get her! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

I'm always glad to see females getting involved in pool, so I wish you much luck in your game. You DO have an awesome stroke, and the aiming thing will come to you soon, I'm sure. And you're so lucky to be surrounded by great players, especially Chris. I expect to see you entering these things in the near future.

As for ontheroad, that is a mystery, isn't it! I hope he/she will private message one of us and reveal the secret!

Karla

Chris Cass
09-03-2002, 08:23 AM
Hi Karla,

Being taken as the blind bid hurt your calcutta money but that happens. This is where the state events hurt your pocket book. LOL

I have to disagree with you on one point. You had that tourney won. You have a great stroke yourself with an excellent focus. Things happen though.

What's up with your girls? There taller than me. LOL Lovely family Karla and it's always a pleasure to see you.

Regards,

C.C.

09-03-2002, 08:54 AM
Hey Chris,

I couldn't have won that tournament, I didn't have the confidence I needed. I played so scared against Pam the first time. The second time I was much less timid, but still intimidated - some players do that to me. It was all very mental. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif Hopefully soon I'll be able to adopt the "play the table, not the opponent" attitude that I know I need. Pam will be in Collinsville, so I might get another shot at her. Her break is awesome, though, so it'll be tougher to beat her in 9ball... but I'll give it my best shot!

My girls are almost taller than me, too! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif It's too bad the 12 year old insists on looking like a boy - she laughed when she told me that someone held open the men's bathroom door for her. Anyway, they're great kids and I thank you for noticing. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to meet your son, but since we're running into each other a lot lately I'm sure I will soon.

Take care!
Karla