PDA

View Full Version : There Are No Centrists Left In This Country.

Gayle in MD
11-04-2010, 02:17 PM
There is no MIDDLE. Just two totally different ideologies, crashing against one another over everything.

G.

LWW
11-04-2010, 03:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is no MIDDLE. Just two totally different ideologies, crashing against one another over everything.

G.
</div></div>

Incorrect.

There are many centrists.

The reason you don't see them is that your party insisted on purging them all.

The TPM has welcomed them with open arms.

LWW

hondo
11-04-2010, 08:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is no MIDDLE. Just two totally different ideologies, crashing against one another over everything.

G.
</div></div>

To be honest, most of the folks in my church, Gayle, are moderates.
They consider themselves conservative Republicans but they
are nothing like some of the hate spewers we read on these forums.
I read lwws post following yours lauding the tea partiers as the voice of moderation and I just shake my head.
Maybe I'm just tired tonight but the killer b's and their klan
and the Right wing pundits and columnists are just wearing me
down.
It's the same shit over and over. I read the columnists calling
Obama a whiner today.They talked about how concerned Americans like Beck, Limbaugh and Hannity are portrayed as bad people.
How innocent groups like the National Chamber of Commerce are maligned unfairly when you and I know they poured millions into flooding the airwaves with hateful attack ads.
Dee raises hell about you and me not trying to find any common ground with these characters who have called me every name in the book and maligned me in every way possible.

Where's the common ground? I'm not anything like lww, steve, lotter, slide rule, casual observer, bobroberts. NOTHING.
I don't understand them, I don't like them, I have NOTHING in common with them.

They gloat that the American people have spoken and think like them. Lord, I pray that's not true!
They talk just like their heroes Beck, Limbaugh, Coulter, Hannity, who seem not to have an ounce of humanity in them.

These are not MY people, Gayle, and there is no common ground.

Qtec
11-04-2010, 10:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The TPM has welcomed them with open arms.

LWW </div></div>

.......as long as they believe that Obama is,

.....a Moslem.
.....not a citizen,
.....the anti-Christ.
.....has a deep hatred for white people.
.....was brought up in a madrassa.
.....he is a Marxist/Communist.
............etc etc etc

Q

hondo
11-05-2010, 05:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The TPM has welcomed them with open arms.

LWW </div></div>

.......as long as they believe that Obama is,

.....a Moslem.
.....not a citizen,
.....the anti-Christ.
.....has a deep hatred for white people.
.....was brought up in a madrassa.
.....he is a Marxist/Communist.
............etc etc etc

Q
</div></div>

I guess to him that is a moderate. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Gayle in MD
11-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Hondo, for several years, I only read their political posts, trashing president Clinton, that was way back in the old days around here.

The first day I wrote my political opinions, they immediately trashed me, Personally, non stop.

IIRC, Dee, at that time, was one of my main stalkers and insulters.

Dee has come a long way, since then, but we still bash heads, but I do read his views, and he isn't usually as insulting as the rest, although we both have our days, when we don't maintain diplomatic debate, but we usually, apologize, later, in some form, when either of us get out of hand...usually. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

I worte this post because I, too, feel frustrated over politicians.

Although I know there is nothing worse for this country, than Republican policies, after watching their results for decades, now, I do also write regularly on here, about what I don't agree with, that Democratics do, or fail to do. No one seems to notice that, when I do so, but I surely have my own disagreements with some of their methods, and policies.

IMO, the most devastating issue in America right now, is the radical RW pundits, and those who agree with their insanity. It is surely NOT my imagination that they are ginning up political suggestions for violence, and not my imagination that the Tea Party in among those radical demonstrations, calling for violence in our society. I've seen it. It's exists, and is tinged with racism, and homophobia, as well as misogeny, which the Bible, is chock full of, BTW.

When you're dealing with an entire party of people who deny scientific theories, that have survived scientific scrutiny, over long periods of time, or they say they think that global warming is just a myth,....

Think that corporations aren't responsible for the cancer rates going through the roof,

or think that sea life isn't being threatened, by the oil industry,

or think that oil and coal pollution, isn't making people ill, at a time when people near the areas where they are doing fracking, can light up the water that flows out of their sinks, into flamimng chemical fires....what else can one think about Republicans, and the right, and their constant denials of the devastating resulolts of pollution, other than to think they're NUTS!

Their followers, unfortunitely, are apparently either radical enough, or uninformed enough, to just follow the party line, regardless of the absurdity of their beliefs, and their denial of scientific facts, deduced from wide ranging, global scientific studies.

Maybe some who attend church are reasonable people, Hondo, but IMO, when it comes to politics, political platforms, party policies, and their irrational unscientific views, and hateful rhetoric, I do not find that to be so, at least not in my area.

Sure, there are some people who believe the religious ideology, but differ with those who deny global warming, or seek to take away the personal rights, of others, but I find them few, and far between.

Once a person says they don't believe in the Separation of Church and State, or a woman's right to control her own body, or they say that gay people are pedophiles, or that they choose to be gay, and are degenerates, that's it for me!

Never again, will I think that that person is a rational, critically thinking person, able to practice critical thinking skills, or has the inate intellect to commit to a search for the best possible version of truth, unless, of course, they change those views.

I'm sick of the right, twisting things, and destroying a president, because his father came from a different country, and assigning him the lable of friendly toward terroism, or the terrorists insane goals, particularly when they have displayed a history of constant denial about the proven facts, about Bush, and attacked those of us who wrote about his treason.

Im sick of reading about how the right condemns all Muslims, beccause of the actions of a very few, and it is a VERY few, who have a radical ideology, or the intention to kill Christians.

I'm really sick of the Republican slander machine, and their protection of the polluters in our society, and their decades old blocking of clean renewable fuels, and decent health care for all Americans.

That is why I would NEVER vote for a Republican, and when I say they are knuckle dragging Neanderthals, Alan Grayson's words, which match my own accusations of Republicans, stated here far in advance of his, that Republicans are anachronistic, and uninformed, I mean every word of it, and I will never change my mind, because they have trashed the environment, for money, and they are always firmly on the side of the worst polluters, and thieves among us.

I find them completely ridiculous, and repulsive.

When I say there are no centrists, left, in America, I say it partly because that is whhere we are heading, and because I see true progressives, or Liberals, and the Radical Republican Party, increasing the gap betwen their beliefs, not closing it.

I see no such thing as a moderate Republican in my midst, and I see progressives, moving further away from any wish to seek common ground, not closer.

Those lefties who abandoned Obama, did so not because of his policies, but because he did not fight hard enough against the policies of the Republicans. The right, as usual, is completely off base about that, just as they are about everything else.

The void, is growing wider, and frankly, I have no interest whatsoever, in softening my beliefs, based on study, based on science, based on my life experiences, in order to be more accepting of the irrational opposing, unproven, science denying, damaging, and outdated views of the right.

I'm glad you like the peole in your church, and I'm sure there are a lot of nice folks you know, there, but I can assure you, that if I were to engage in any conversations with them about politics, more than likely, I wouldn't be interested in carving out a friendship with them.

Just the usual result, I get, when discussing the world, and the life issues, of our times.

Think of me as a female Bill Maher... my opinions about almost everything, are right in line with his.

we Liberals wanted pelosi to impeach Bush, Cheney and Rice, for committing treason.

We wanted the public option, so that medical insurers could not gouge everyone, without a check of their greed, and inhumane behavior, not oer a hundred Republican amendments, to assuage Republlicans.

W from the left, have not abandoned his original policies, we just are angrey, that he did not take a firmer stand against them, and think he made a huge mistake, by trying to be bi-partisan. Hence, many didn't show up to vote...too bad...but most of us are still on his side, and NOT on the side of Republicans....

G.

Deeman3
11-05-2010, 12:28 PM

G.
</div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Very true, when one side or the other tries to open up things for real discussion, the other, with a temporary political advantage just holds even firmer.

Both parties have done this when pretending to want to be bi-partisan. This latest election has made it even more difficult to have these type give-and-take movements. </span>

pooltchr
11-05-2010, 01:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Just the usual result, I get, when discussing the world, and the life issues, of our times.

G,

</div></div>

Ever think maybe that's the problem. You don't discuss the issues. Read the last post you wrote. There is absolutely NOTHING in that post that we haven't heard over and over again.

You should take the lead from Limbaugh's listeners. Rather than wasting so much time writing the same rants over and over again, why not just say "ditto" and move on? Or find something new to say.

Steve

hondo
11-05-2010, 08:48 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

LWW
11-06-2010, 02:50 AM
Where is the middle ground between liberty and totalitarianism?

Where is the middle ground between capitalism and Marxism?

Where is the middle ground between food and poison?

There is none.

A house where one quarter is built on the principles of Marx, Engles, Lenin, and Mao and the remaining three quarters is built on the principles of Madison, Hamilton, Jay and Jefferson cannot stand.

We must become all one thing or all the other thing.

Great issues demand resolution.

This ideological battle is for the very soul of the nation.

LWW