PDA

View Full Version : FREE AT LAST!

rackmup
09-02-2002, 11:42 AM
Day 1 in my new apartment:

Awoke in a BED! Not on a couch, curled up like a baked pork rind but instead, on a double pillow-top mattress, my head on a goosedown-filled pillow and my dogs snoring at my feet.

I walked into the kitchen, removed five cold-but-good Burger King tacos and had breakfast while watching ESPN. Man...have I missed cable.

Today will be spent unpacking boxes and making one final trip to the "old" house to retrieve my Weber grill and a few clothes. Tonight, I will watch television from the comfort of my own couch and tomorrow, I will play in my pool league, absent of the stomach ache that always flared up as the time to go home neared.

I want to thank those of you who have helped me keep my sanity through all of this. Special thanks to OnePocketChamp and Robin (from CLICK'S/Arlington) for the "housewarming" gifts. Many thanks to my friends at Hawley's Billiards for their help and support. My move wuld not have happened as quickly as it did without your help.

Today begins life anew. The past is where it belongs and the future is looking good ahead.

Happy Labor Day!

Ken

Scott Lee
09-02-2002, 11:55 AM
Ken...Glad to see you back in better spirits! You have definitely been "through the mill" in the past few months, and have emerged mostly whole, yet not unscathed. Like myself, in time you will meet someone new, and renew a relationship...hopefully one with a better ending! Hope we can get together in Dallas when I come through later this month. In the meantime, good luck in league...see you on the tables!

Scott

9 Ball Girl
09-02-2002, 11:56 AM
Confratulations, Ken! I hope that your new life brings you many a fun filled pool nights and rawhide for your doggies! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Wendy~~rackmup!

Doctor_D
09-02-2002, 12:13 PM
Good afternoon:

Congratulations are indeed in order !!!

Way to go Ken ...

/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Dr. D.

WaltVA
09-02-2002, 12:15 PM
Ken - Congratulations and best wishes on starting a new and happier phase of life.

Walt in VA

Troy
09-02-2002, 12:31 PM
Way to go Ken !!! New beginnings can be wonderful.
I've been there and done that, a couple times.
Up then busted, up again then busted again.

Troy...~~~ Up again..... with my third wife for 12 years & all is very well /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

stickman
09-02-2002, 12:39 PM
Life begins again!!! Enjoy your new freedom, just don't overdose on it. LOL

09-02-2002, 02:19 PM
Bet you've had "My future's so bright I've gotta wear shades" tumbling through your head all weekend! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif Knock 'em dead Babe!

Ralph S.
09-02-2002, 03:44 PM
Hey Ken, glad to hear things are on the upside for you finally. Enjoy your freedom.
Ralph S.

OnePocketChamp
09-02-2002, 04:24 PM
What a banner day in the life of "Ken, the miserable one", and I might mention for me also. I now have my complete living room back, no longer the temporary storage area for Rackmup. Oh, and good news, I have lined you up with a date, but you'll need to wait for three weeks before she gets out of county lock-up (in for larceny)!!!!
See you tomorrow at league.

Doctor_D
09-02-2002, 04:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: OnePocketChamp:</font><hr> What a banner day in the life of "Ken, the miserable one", and I might mention for me also. I now have my complete living room back, no longer the temporary storage area for Rackmup. Oh, and good news, I have lined you up with a date, but you'll need to wait for three weeks before she gets out of county lock-up (in for larceny)!!!!
See you tomorrow at league. <hr></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/icons/shocked.gif

Good evening:

Now that is very cruel !

Dr. D.

Troy
09-02-2002, 06:55 PM
With a friend like this Ken, what more could you ask........... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: OnePocketChamp:</font><hr> .....but you'll need to wait for three weeks before she gets out of county lock-up (in for larceny)!!!!
<hr></blockquote>

rackmup
09-02-2002, 08:41 PM
Dr_D,

You'll have to excuse my "friend"...you see, when one relegates himself to a game that only uses one of the six pockets available to him, well...it filters into other areas of his life. Example:

<ul type="square"> He uses only a portion of his brain cells.
During league, everything is a two-rail bank...and always to a corner pocket.
Last week, he actually thought the side pockets were drink holders.
[/list]

If he hadn't purchased the ironing board for me as a housewarming gift AND the fact that he got me on the league team...I would have abandoned this friendship long ago.

Regards,

Ken (preparing for my second night's sleep in a bed)

Kato
09-02-2002, 10:02 PM
Couldn't be happier for ya Kenny. Enjoy your freedom, it is after all, wonderful.

Kato

bluewolf
09-03-2002, 07:14 AM
wtg rackemup. once you make that decision it sure takes the weight off your shoulders. there is nothing worse than vacillating back and forth.now you can get on with your life. haaray

bluewolf

bluewolf
09-03-2002, 07:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Doctor_D:</font><hr>Quote: OnePocketChamp: What a banner day in the life of "Ken, the miserable one", and I might mention for me also. I now have my complete living room back, no longer the temporary storage area for Rackmup. Oh, and good news, I have lined you up with a date, but you'll need to wait for three weeks before she gets out of county lock-up (in for larceny)!!!!
See you tomorrow at league. &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

Good evening:

Now that is very cruel !

Dr. D.
<hr></blockquote>

sounds like sardonic humor to me.

bluewolf