PDA

View Full Version : Off to Memphis...

sack316
11-04-2010, 11:35 PM
got talked into coming out of "retirement" for a team tournament in Memphis this weekend. Hope everyone has a great weekend and wish my rusty pool skills a quick recovery here!

Sack

LWW
11-05-2010, 03:14 AM
Check out the"BAR-B-Q SHOP" on Madison.

LWW

sack316
11-05-2010, 07:08 AM
I'll try to check it out. We've got three teams of eight going up there, and of course everyone has their own "we've gotta go eat here" idea for the weekend /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif That's the good thing about Memphis, though... not a whole lot of bad choices when it comes to BBQ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

Qtec
11-05-2010, 07:14 AM
Have fun.

Chuck (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADCz4pXYoVo)

Or this one. 1959.......a man ahead of his time.

link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msOCFqpVLBY&feature=related)

Or this one Yeeee Ha...Jerry (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayWyoB62xck&feature=related)

Q

Deeman3
11-05-2010, 07:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">got talked into coming out of "retirement" for a team tournament in Memphis this weekend. Hope everyone has a great weekend and wish my rusty pool skills a quick recovery here!

Sack </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Mine, Chopsticks and Spiderman's hometown! Be careful of the Obama voters there but they are right, the Bar-be-que is worth the risk.

Let us know where you are playing. </span>

sack316
11-05-2010, 07:42 AM
thanks Q!

Sack

sack316
11-05-2010, 07:52 AM
I think it's at sharp shooters

Sack

Qtec
11-05-2010, 07:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">got talked into coming out of "retirement" for a team tournament in Memphis this weekend. Hope everyone has a great weekend and wish my rusty pool skills a quick recovery here!

Sack </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Mine, Chopsticks and Spiderman's hometown! Be careful of the Obama voters there but they are right, the Bar-be-que is worth the risk.

Let us know where you are playing. </span> </div></div>

Its a bummer that I'm 6,000 miles away. I would love to drink a beer, shoot some pool and BOND with you guys.

Q /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif I love Bar- B- Q......shrimps anyone????????

sack316
11-05-2010, 08:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">got talked into coming out of "retirement" for a team tournament in Memphis this weekend. Hope everyone has a great weekend and wish my rusty pool skills a quick recovery here!

Sack </div></div>

Its a bummer that I'm 6,000 miles away. I would love to drink a beer, shoot some pool and BOND with you guys.

Q /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif I love Bar- B- Q......shrimps anyone???????? </div></div>

I'm sure we'd all have a blast together! I've always enjoyed the time with anyone I've met off of here!

Sack

Deeman3
11-05-2010, 09:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">got talked into coming out of "retirement" for a team tournament in Memphis this weekend. Hope everyone has a great weekend and wish my rusty pool skills a quick recovery here!

Sack </div></div>

Q /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif I love Bar- B- Q......shrimps anyone???????? </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Q, as much as we disagree on politics, you'd be welcomed in Memphis and fed the very best food you could imagine.

We would then take a short journey over to HighPockets (my homeroom) and you would feel as if you were with family. I spend much time in your country and was always welcomed and treated well as soon as they found out I was not German! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

If you ever make it across the water, we expect you to give us a call and meet up with us. Playing pool, the politics go out the window. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</span>

Chopstick
11-05-2010, 09:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="color: #FF0000">
We would then take a short journey over to HighPockets (my homeroom)<span style="color: #000099">(and the strip club next door. My homeroom.) </span>and you would feel as if you were with family. <span style="color: #000099"> and politically correct as well. We must all do our part to support single mothers.</span></span> </div></div>

Deeman3
11-05-2010, 10:25 AM
Chopsticks,

You continue to show why you are a hero to many as well as a mentor to a letcherous few! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Hanging out behind the home for unwed mothers was a masterpiece of an example formall the high school kids at both Whitehaven and Westwood.

sack316
11-08-2010, 12:14 AM
Well, we won't be supporting any tournaments out there again. I'll spare the details, but it was bad enough that our league operator actually apologized to all of us for bringing us into it! I may give the full story later when I'm not so tired from a long weekend. Good news is I won all my matches... was a little rusty, but played good enough I guess

Sack

Deeman3
11-08-2010, 09:48 PM
I had never heard of that place but am sorry that I didn't call a friend there to get the scoop for you. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

I am pretty sure you would not have listened to me anyway! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Last time I was there, only Obama voters as far as the eye could see. Ace and I never got more than two feet from our 45's while we were there this Summer!

Sorry but it was once a great town, until Elvis left. Town! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

sack316
11-09-2010, 05:30 AM
Well all in all we did still have fun. We just wish we had used all that money we put into the tournament and that shady poolhall in a more productive way...like Beale Street /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack