PDA

View Full Version : Cenk Uygur: Throw their *sses out!

Qtec
11-05-2010, 06:12 AM
I don't always agree with this guy but he nails it here.

link (http://crooksandliars.com/karoli/cenk-uygur-throw-their-sses-out)

Q

Stretch
11-05-2010, 07:14 AM
Q, thanks for that eye opener! I total agree with that guy. The system is so currupt that without fundamental changes it will continue to churn out sold out politicians and destroy what's left of the economy. As it stand now, the USA is a great example for other democracies of the World of what NOT to do. Hope they can turn it around with some sanity. St.

pooltchr
11-05-2010, 07:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The system is so currupt that without fundamental changes it will continue to churn out sold out politicians and destroy what's left of the economy.
</div></div>

You're starting to get it!

Steve

Chopstick
11-05-2010, 07:26 AM
Welcome to the Tea Party. Regardless of what you have heard, that is what it is supposed to be about.

Qtec
11-05-2010, 07:30 AM
Yes but they are not. Look at their candidates!

Q

Deeman3
11-05-2010, 07:34 AM
Only some of their candidates are extream nuts or protrayed that way. Most of those are weeded out in the election process.

Is there any way they can do a perp walk when they take Pelosi out of her office in January? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Qtec
11-05-2010, 07:47 AM
US elections have evolved into who has the most money. That used to be ok because you could argue that the people vote with their money before the election. Those running for office with the most money were the preferred candidates.

Now.

One TP backed candidate spent 160 Million of her own money running on the premise that she would support Joe Six pack.

On the other side you have unlimited money from unknown sources basically buying those up for election.

One of my favourite politicians, Alan Grayson, lost to someone who received a massive amount of money from out of state. This guy has more brains and more common sense than the whole GOP put together. A real stand up guy fighting for the common man.

In Florida, TP backed Rick Scott won!!!

link (http://crooksandliars.com/karoli/rick-scotts-columbiahca-fraud)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It wasn't so long ago that Scott built the biggest and brashest chain of hospitals in the land. Back in the '90s, Columbia/HCA, as the company was then called, had hospitals from coast to coast and a reputation as one shrewdly run operation.

But there was trouble under the surface, as whistle-blowers and government investigations ultimately revealed.

Columbia/HCA's profits were fueled in part by kickbacks paid to doctors and inflated bills sent to Medicare and Medicaid, the Justice Department alleged.

Of course, Scott excused himself during the campaign by saying he was never convicted of any crimes. Well yes, that's true. He wasn't, mostly because he turned tail and ran days before FBI raids on HCA facilities. Still, the company was nearly destroyed in the process, and ultimately had to pay the largest fine for Medicare fraud in history.

Novelist Carl Hiassen has a pretty blunt assessment:

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Of his years as chief of Columbia/HCA, Scott says he takes responsibility for what occurred, but insists he didn’t know anything illegal was going on.

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>The fraud was so massive and institutionalized</span> that his statement can’t be taken seriously. If he truly didn’t know what was happening all around him, he’s an incompetent fool.</span> </div></div>

How is this possible?

<span style='font-size: 20pt'> A guy who defrauded the tax payer gets elected by the tax payer?</span>

Grayson at his best (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0NYBTkE1yQ)

Qtec
11-05-2010, 08:00 AM
another one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HYq6kdseV8&feature=channel)

Q

Gayle in MD
11-05-2010, 09:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">US elections have evolved into who has the most money. That used to be ok because you could argue that the people vote with their money before the election. Those running for office with the most money were the preferred candidates.

Now.

One TP backed candidate spent 160 Million of her own money running on the premise that she would support Joe Six pack.

On the other side you have unlimited money from unknown sources basically buying those up for election.

One of my favourite politicians, Alan Grayson, lost to someone who received a massive amount of money from out of state. This guy has more brains and more common sense than the whole GOP put together. A real stand up guy fighting for the common man.

In Florida, TP backed Rick Scott won!!!

link (http://crooksandliars.com/karoli/rick-scotts-columbiahca-fraud)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It wasn't so long ago that Scott built the biggest and brashest chain of hospitals in the land. Back in the '90s, Columbia/HCA, as the company was then called, had hospitals from coast to coast and a reputation as one shrewdly run operation.

But there was trouble under the surface, as whistle-blowers and government investigations ultimately revealed.

Columbia/HCA's profits were fueled in part by kickbacks paid to doctors and inflated bills sent to Medicare and Medicaid, the Justice Department alleged.

Of course, Scott excused himself during the campaign by saying he was never convicted of any crimes. Well yes, that's true. He wasn't, mostly because he turned tail and ran days before FBI raids on HCA facilities. Still, the company was nearly destroyed in the process, and ultimately had to pay the largest fine for Medicare fraud in history.

Novelist Carl Hiassen has a pretty blunt assessment:

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Of his years as chief of Columbia/HCA, Scott says he takes responsibility for what occurred, but insists he didn’t know anything illegal was going on.

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>The fraud was so massive and institutionalized</span> that his statement can’t be taken seriously. If he truly didn’t know what was happening all around him, he’s an incompetent fool.</span> </div></div>

How is this possible?

<span style='font-size: 20pt'> A guy who defrauded the tax payer gets elected by the tax payer?</span>

Grayson at his best (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0NYBTkE1yQ) </div></div>

Q,
As usual, I agree, completely, and isn't it funny, Grayson was my hero, too! Loved him! He stood for everything I believe in.
A man of principles, who spoke truth to power.

Can't wait for Maher tonight! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

G.

Chopstick
11-05-2010, 09:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of my favourite politicians, Alan Grayson, lost to someone who received a massive amount of money from out of state. This guy has more brains and more common sense than the whole GOP put together. A real stand up guy fighting for the common man.
</div></div>

Believe me, you don't know the guy. He was the congressman for my district. You could have put Satan on the ballot and we still would have voted him out.

Chopstick
11-05-2010, 09:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Is there any way they can do a perp walk when they take Pelosi out of her office in January? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

That just made my day. We need an Oh Hell Yeah emoticon. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

pooltchr
11-05-2010, 01:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of my favourite politicians, Alan Grayson, lost to someone who received a massive amount of money from out of state. This guy has more brains and more common sense than the whole GOP put together. A real stand up guy fighting for the common man.
</div></div>

Believe me, you don't know the guy. He was the congressman for my district. You could have put Satan on the ballot and we still would have voted him out. </div></div>

Sounds like exactly the kind of person she would claim as a "hero"!

Steve

Deeman3
11-05-2010, 01:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of my favourite politicians, Alan Grayson, lost to someone who received a massive amount of money from out of state. This guy has more brains and more common sense than the whole GOP put together. A real stand up guy fighting for the common man.
</div></div>

Believe me, you don't know the guy. He was the congressman for my district. You could have put Satan on the ballot and we still would have voted him out. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Chop,

Is this not the clown who used the "my wife submit to me" portion of a talk where his opponent was saying his wife should not "submit to him"?

I know it is normal left stuff but that was crazy crooked. </span>

Gayle in MD
11-05-2010, 01:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of my favourite politicians, Alan Grayson, lost to someone who received a massive amount of money from out of state. This guy has more brains and more common sense than the whole GOP put together. A real stand up guy fighting for the common man.
</div></div>

Is this not the clown who used the "my wife submit to me" portion of a talk where his opponent was saying his wife should not "submit to him"?

I know it is normal left stuff but that was crazy crooked. </span> </div></div>

It was the rightie who said his wife should submit, not Alan Grayson.

You should hhave known that right off.

G.

Deeman3
11-05-2010, 02:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of my favourite politicians, Alan Grayson, lost to someone who received a massive amount of money from out of state. This guy has more brains and more common sense than the whole GOP put together. A real stand up guy fighting for the common man.
</div></div>

G. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">No, Gayle, in fact, he did not say that. He said, "My wife should not submit to me!" Now, the creep took that out of context to make a commercial saying he was a Taliban Dan. I know this didn't make it to MSNBC but it did to CSB and some other media not tin the tank for the Dems. Even CBS said it was the most dishonest ad they had seen all year and, as you know, this was a pretty bad year for dishonest ads. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span>

Gayle in MD
11-05-2010, 05:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of my favourite politicians, Alan Grayson, lost to someone who received a massive amount of money from out of state. This guy has more brains and more common sense than the whole GOP put together. A real stand up guy fighting for the common man.
</div></div>

G. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">No, Gayle, in fact, he did not say that. He said, "My wife should not submit to me!" Now, the creep took that out of context to make a commercial saying he was a Taliban Dan. I know this didn't make it to MSNBC but it did to CSB and some other media not tin the tank for the Dems. Even CBS said it was the most dishonest ad they had seen all year and, as you know, this was a pretty bad year for dishonest ads. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span> </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">You're right, I had forgotten how the story went.

Seems to me it was a very good year for dishonest ads. </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Deeman3
11-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Like no other year I have seen.

LWW
11-06-2010, 02:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes but they are not. Look at their candidates!

Q </div></div>

I wish you would.

LWW

LWW
11-06-2010, 02:38 AM
</div></div>

The fact that this moron still polled at 38% is terrifying.

LWW

Gayle in MD
11-06-2010, 05:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like no other year I have seen. </div></div>

I agree, obviously, the Republican, propagandist liars, won seats.

I can see another Republican bait and switch, from my porch.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Qtec
11-06-2010, 06:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of my favourite politicians, Alan Grayson, lost to someone who received a massive amount of money from out of state. This guy has more brains and more common sense than the whole GOP put together. A real stand up guy fighting for the common man.
</div></div>

G. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">No, Gayle, in fact, he did not say that. He said, "My wife should not submit to me!" Now, the creep took that out of context to make a commercial saying he was a Taliban Dan. I know this didn't make it to MSNBC but it did to CSB and some other media not tin the tank for the Dems. Even CBS said it was the most dishonest ad they had seen all year and, as you know, this was a pretty bad year for dishonest ads. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </span> </div></div>

Actual quote was,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Webster: So, write a journal. Second, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>find a verse. I have a verse for my wife, I have verses for my wife. Don’t pick the ones that say, ‘She should submit to me.’ That’s <span style='font-size: 14pt'>in</span> the Bible, but pick the ones that <u>you’re supposed to do.</u></span> So instead, ‘love your wife, even as Christ loved the Church and gave himself for it’ as opposed to <u>‘wives submit to your own husbands.’ She can pray that, if she wants to, but don’t you pray it.</u> </div></div>

He believes wives should submit to their own husbands, its <span style='font-size: 14pt'>in </span>the Bible.
All he says is that husbands should pick verses for their wife based on THEM doing something, not their wife.

Q................you can see the video here. link (http://factcheck.org/2010/09/rep-grayson-lowers-the-bar/)

Gayle in MD
11-06-2010, 06:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of my favourite politicians, Alan Grayson, lost to someone who received a massive amount of money from out of state. This guy has more brains and more common sense than the whole GOP put together. A real stand up guy fighting for the common man.
</div></div>

G. </div></div>

Actual quote was,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Webster: So, write a journal. Second, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>find a verse. I have a verse for my wife, I have verses for my wife. Don’t pick the ones that say, ‘She should submit to me.’ That’s <span style='font-size: 14pt'>in</span> the Bible, but pick the ones that <u>you’re supposed to do.</u></span> So instead, ‘love your wife, even as Christ loved the Church and gave himself for it’ as opposed to <u>‘wives submit to your own husbands.’ She can pray that, if she wants to, but don’t you pray it.</u> </div></div>

He believes wives should submit to their own husbands, its <span style='font-size: 14pt'>in </span>the Bible.
All he says is that husbands should pick verses for their wife based on THEM doing something, not their wife.

Q................you can see the video here. link (http://factcheck.org/2010/09/rep-grayson-lowers-the-bar/)

</div></div>

Grayson actually didn't mislead anyone about who this man is.

He should have just ran an ad accusing the guy of being another fundamentalist, misogynist nutjob. That would be the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

The right doesn't just believe their wives should submit to them, but that all women should submit to them, submit to their positions against women's rights, as bad as submitting physically...and turn over their right to control their own bodies...what could be a greater invasion of privacy, and personal rights, then that.

No self-respecting woman would ever vote for a Republican. Their policies are clearly and pervasively misogynistic, and against women's rights.

G.

Gayle in MD
11-06-2010, 07:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of my favourite politicians, Alan Grayson, lost to someone who received a massive amount of money from out of state. This guy has more brains and more common sense than the whole GOP put together. A real stand up guy fighting for the common man.
</div></div>

G. </div></div>

Actual quote was,

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style='font-size: 11pt'><span style='font-size: 14pt'>Still, contrary to both FactCheck.org and PolitiFact's assessments, Webster's 2009 talk is actually an excellent example of the point made in the Grayson ad: that Webster holds views that are outside the mainstream. He is unself-conscious about his sense that God is on his side and that God opposes his opponents. And he has aligned himself with organizations and individuals who advocate the application of biblical law to contemporary society, including wives submitting to their husbands.</span>It is true that Webster's emphasis in his 2009 talk to a male audience (I have watched a clip which is nearly eleven minutes long) was on the actions the men should take. He was telling them to focus on their own obligations rather than those of their wives. As Kathryn Joyce told Sarah this week, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>in this view, wives' obligation to submit to their husbands is actually a mandated obedience to God. When Webster says the "she should submit to me" verses are "in the Bible," and that women should pray them if they want to, he's saying they must do so in order to be obedient to God's word.</span>Webster only urged his male audience "not to use" the submission verse as their own prayers. Notice that in defending himself against the ad, Webster has not claimed that he does not believe that the appropriate relationship of wives to husbands is submission--only that that was not what he was talking about in the segment. Nor does he argue that the other views in the ad attributed to him are not his.

In his talk, he explains how he picks other Bible verses for particular situations. He explains that he writes a journal in which he asks God at what events he should speak and what offices he should run for. "I write them down because I want God to let me know, should I do those things. . . . I've written down, should I run for Governor? . . . . I put a question mark, what that does is tell God: I haven't decided, I want you to decide for me."

He picks Bible verses:

for every situation so I'll know what God's will is. For instance. . . . I wanted to became the Speaker of the House of Representatives, several years ago. In order to do that we had to become a majority of the members. And that meant we needed more seats. And in Luke 1:52 it says, "He hath put down the mighty form their seats. . . ." And then I thought about being Speaker. . . . I began praying Psalm 140 verse 11: "Let not an evil speaker be established. . . ."

In 1983 he began praying "a hedge of thorns of protection around the voters of the district that [he] wanted to represent that they would believe the truth." After the election he changed the "a hedge of thorns" prayer "that no evil would come upon [his district] and those who desired it would lose interest." He went on to attribute the fact that he has often run unopposed to God's intervention as a result of these prayers.

But even more than these quotes -- put entirely in context -- Webster has aligned himself with an organization that espouses an orientation to the Bible and its role in civil society that is certainly relevant to his campaign for public office, the Institute in Basic Life Principles (IBLP) and its affiliated Advance Training Institute International (ATI). He claims to pray for IBLP founder Bill Gothard "every day," has traveled with Gothard, has spoken at Gothard’s conferences (2009 and 2010 programs are online), and has contributed to "Wisdom Booklets" training materials that include David Barton and his Christian American history. These include The Light and the Glory, a Christian American history textbook popular in fundamentalist Christian schools and home schools. Webster's section itself cites Christian Reconstructionist Gary DeMar’s work in "Optional Resources."

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Over at AlterNet, Bruce Wilson writes that Gothard wanted to use Christian Reconstructionist R.J. Rushdoony's seminal Institutes of Biblical Law for his programs if it weren't for their disagreement over divorce. In his post, Wilson focuses too much on the issue of the capital offenses for which some Reconstructionists advocate stoning. That emphasis favors sensationalism over more pressing issues in our political culture -- like the fact that this wing of the home school and Christian school movements wants to eliminate public education by replacing it. In the meantime, they want public schools to teach their revisionist Christian history as well as Creationism. (If you think they can't accomplish that, consider, as Lauri Lebo has documented at RD, the fundamentalist revision of the Texas public school curriculum, and Barton's role in that.) They believe in an entirely second-class status for women (some believe women shouldn't vote). They are virulently hostile to gays and lesbians. They believe that any social safety net should be eliminated and replaced by church programs—available only to believers. (And they succeeded in getting an exemption from the health insurance mandate for believers</span>.)
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>
So whether the Grayson ad takes Webster "out of context" or not depends on how big a context you consider. He embraces and works with IBLP, which advocates wives' Biblical submission to their husbands (something he hasn't renounced) as well as an entire worldview that is outside the views of mainstream Americans, and which can certainly be considered a threat to religious freedom.</span>
</span> </div></div>

http://www.religiondispatches.org/dispat...iban_dan%22_ad/ (http://www.religiondispatches.org/dispatches/julieingersoll/3449/the_real_context_of_the_%22taliban_dan%22_ad/)

Gayle in MD
11-06-2010, 07:44 AM
</div></div>

G. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">I retract my original thought, seems I was right after aloll.

The man is clearly a radical fundamentalis, who does subscribe to the Biblical teachings, that a wife must submit to her husband.

He also is against a woman's right to have total control over her own body.

Hence,he is just another Republican misogynist, against women's rights...

So it seems that Grayson, was exactly correct, in how he protrayed this man.</span>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>Still, contrary to both FactCheck.org and PolitiFact's assessments, Webster's 2009 talk is actually an excellent example of the point made in the Grayson ad: that Webster holds views that are outside the mainstream. He is unself-conscious about his sense that God is on his side and that God opposes his opponents. And he has aligned himself with organizations and individuals who advocate the application of biblical law to contemporary society, including wives submitting to their husbands.It is true that Webster's emphasis in his 2009 talk to a male audience (I have watched a clip which is nearly eleven minutes long) was on the actions the men should take. He was telling them to focus on their own obligations rather than those of their wives. As Kathryn Joyce told Sarah this week, in this view, wives' obligation to submit to their husbands is actually a mandated obedience to God. When Webster says the "she should submit to me" verses are "in the Bible," and that women should pray them if they want to, he's saying they must do so in order to be obedient to God's word.Webster only urged his male audience "not to use" the submission verse as their own prayers. Notice that in defending himself against the ad, Webster has not claimed that he does not believe that the appropriate relationship of wives to husbands is submission--only that that was not what he was talking about in the segment. Nor does he argue that the other views in the ad attributed to him are not his.</span> </div></div>

Yet another RW nutjob...what does that say for that district, in Florida????

Not much, IMO.

Chopstick
11-06-2010, 08:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of my favourite politicians, Alan Grayson, lost to someone who received a massive amount of money from out of state. This guy has more brains and more common sense than the whole GOP put together. A real stand up guy fighting for the common man.
</div></div>

It's the Disney crowd. You have to be a moonbat to work there. What other kind of organization would have "Gay Day" in a children's amusement park? Yes, it is real. They even advertise it.

The fact that this moron still polled at 38% is terrifying.

LWW </div></div>

Chopstick
11-06-2010, 08:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what does that say for that district, in Florida????

Not much, IMO. </div></div>

It says that secular progressive liberals are no longer welcome here. We made our decision and in two years we are going to decide again.

Gayle in MD
11-06-2010, 10:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what does that say for that district, in Florida????

It says that secular progressive liberals are no longer welcome here. We made our decision and in two years we are going to decide again. </div></div>

Guess what, we don't care, lol. Radical, nutty, RW Religious Zealots are not our cup of TEA.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Deeman3
11-06-2010, 11:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what does that say for that district, in Florida????

It says that secular progressive liberals are no longer welcome here. We made our decision and in two years we are going to decide again. </div></div>

Guess what, we don't care, lol. Radical, nutty, RW Religious Zealots are not our cup of TEA.

That's exactly why many of you leaders are packing up and heading back home.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

pooltchr
11-06-2010, 05:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[That's exactly why many of you leaders are packing up and heading back home.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

Who's leaders are packing up and heading back home???????????

Steve

Deeman3
11-06-2010, 07:09 PM
Steve,

That was my comment. I think a lot of the Democratic Congress will be heading back to the flyover states to recuperate.

Qtec
11-07-2010, 04:11 AM
Bump.

link (http://billiardsdigest.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=324530#Post324530)

Although I don't agree with this sort of negative ads we all know in elections things can get ugly. IMO Grayson was factually correct.

Q

pooltchr
11-07-2010, 07:03 AM
Oops I misread where the quote came from

Steve

LWW
11-07-2010, 08:01 AM
</div></div>

G. </div></div>

Actual quote was,

</div></div>

Is your English comprehension really that bad?

LWW

llotter
11-07-2010, 03:03 PM
what is surprising about this thread and video clip, is that any thinking person would believe such stupidity.

LWW
11-07-2010, 03:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any thinking person would believe such stupidity. </div></div>

No thinking person would. Thank you.

LWW

Qtec
11-07-2010, 09:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is your English comprehension really that bad?

LWW </div></div>

Is yours????

Q

eg8r
11-07-2010, 10:38 PM
Man, election day was fantastic. We had just got back to the hotel, after an afternoon at SEMA, and I flipped on the TV to see Grayson's pathetic face when he admitted defeat. That piece of garbage is gone and I could not be happier.

eg8r

eg8r
11-07-2010, 10:41 PM
I loved the fact that Dan would not debate with that piece of trash. Grayson was the dirtiest of all politicians in the ads he endorsed. He is pathetic and now he is gone. What a glorious election.

eg8r

Qtec
11-07-2010, 10:44 PM
So what specifically did he do that upset you?

Was it this?

watch them all and get back to me. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj0JAfq4esk)

Q

eg8r
11-07-2010, 10:53 PM
Every time he opened his mouth you could hear the people in Central Florida groan and beg him to shut up.

eg8r