PDA

View Full Version : Who's Hot? Who's Not? Who Cares?

9 Ball Girl
09-02-2002, 11:50 AM
Who's the hottest in the WPBA? What about the Pro men? Who's the Best Dressed? These are the kinds of posts that, IMO, have a tinge of sense of humor and are a bit gutsy. That's why we need posters like the Naz' and the d0wnt0wns with a touch of the Patricks. Don't get me wrong, I love pool and I love reading up on what's going on out there, but every now and then when I come across one of these "offending" posts, I read them and get a good laugh out of most of them. Even the one about women's hooters getting in the way of their shooting. When you're at work, I'm sure you guys talk about things other than work, right?

Someone private messaged me and told me that although they privately agree with a post, they will post differently as to stay on the good side of other regular posters. That sucks!

So to the Naz', d0wnt0wns, and Patricks out there and all others that, according to TomBrooklyn's Flame Warriors link, are Troller warriors, I say keep 'em coming. It doesn't matter how weird, how funny, how crude--it's all good to me. If I come across one I don't care to read, and believe me I do come across them, I don't read them nor will I make the thread longer by posting to them.

Wendy~~Just My Humble Opinion

TomBrooklyn
09-02-2002, 12:08 PM
http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame36.html

09-02-2002, 02:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>

Someone private messaged me and told me that although they privately agree with a post, they will post differently as to stay on the good side of other regular posters. That sucks!

Wendy~~Just My Humble Opinion <hr></blockquote>

-cliquish fools wanting and needing to find fullfilment in their lonely lives.

-a pied piper's dream come true.

-Jim Jones is turning over in his grave realizing the potential of the ccb.

Whether you can make a ball or not /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif ,good post Wendy.BS

09-02-2002, 02:09 PM
Way to be Wendy!!! In my not so humble opinion, this board needs less "P.C." police, and more people unafraid to express their opinions! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Rod
09-03-2002, 12:59 AM
Wendy, I agree those posts can be a lot of fun to read. I think it should be done with some taste though. The title itself is not a problem with me. I even made one reply. What does bother me and it is related to pool, is all the speculation by the rail birds about UPA and the us open. I never replied to that circus after reading the first few posts. As you suggest don't add to something and make the thread longer. First of all one should make an intelligent or informed comment or no?

~~~ keep em comming and on the light side is good, JMHO

nAz
09-03-2002, 01:15 AM
Thanks for the defence bendy...
By the way people Wendy said she loves me today wait i mean yesterday /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif opps not pool related!

bluewolf
09-03-2002, 07:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Lorri:</font><hr> Way to be Wendy!!! In my not so humble opinion, this board needs less "P.C." police, and more people unafraid to express their opinions! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

this seems to be a repeat of a thread that fran started a few weeks ago relating to censorship, crude comments etc.

bluewolf

09-03-2002, 08:07 AM

Eric.
09-03-2002, 09:42 AM
I hope everyone had a good Labor Day weekend!
Without going too far out on a limb, I always welcome any and all posts that aren't meant to deliberately hurt or demean someone. I know there are a few posts/posters that I don't agree with, but hell, isn't that life? I mean, unless you live in a town with the population of 1, you're always gonna have some differences. Live and Let Live or Kill em all and let God sort em out. I suppose it's one or the other, right?

Eric &gt;curious to see how many tomatoes fly my way

bluewolf
09-03-2002, 10:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: whitewolf:</font><hr> By using the Cue Chalk Board you agree not to post or transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.

I think the topics are okay like you said and often humorous, but we all agreed to the CCB rules before we signed up. I believe that if someone gets 'out of hand', we all should step in and put this person down, or get them kicked of the board (mabye for a short period of time initially etc.). They need to stop the vulgar language etc.

P.S. Patrick never uses vulgar language, and believe it or not, he is serious about pool, just like the rest of us. <hr></blockquote>

while we did all agree to this, fran brought this up in her topic 'adult language'.the majority did not want to censor. this has the effect of allowing rules to be broken because they did not want to censor.

if the majority wants these things to occur then the rules need to be changed. a rule that is not enforced is no rule at all.

i dont think i am particularly vulgar here and even though it doesnt REALLY bother me, i do occasionally post that a particular post is inappropriate, but i do so without any particular feeling being attached to it,like anger or being insulted.

vulgarities and profanity dont particular bother me because i have been around so many people who talked explicitly about sex, play by play and whose every other word is the 'F' word.

at the same time, we have a non rule. either change it or enforce it but stop b***ing about it.

how many who speak against these things are willing to stand against them and do something other than whine or complain.

if you want the rule to be enforced, go to the appropriate authorities. same thing about if you want it to be changed.

sorry if i sound harsh here, but whining and complaining without positive,relentless action accomplishing nothing but bringing up the same inane topics over and over again.

sorry to those i have offended but contrary to 9 balls statements about people just going with the flow to be accepted, i dont have that drive.i choose to say what i think even if it is unpopular.

bluewolf

9 Ball Girl
09-03-2002, 01:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bluewolf:</font><hr>if the majority wants these things to occur then the rules need to be changed. a rule that is not enforced is no rule at all. <hr></blockquote>
Unfortunately, as long as there are "rules", you're always going to have someone out there to break them.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>i dont think i am particularly vulgar here and even though it doesnt REALLY bother me, i do occasionally post that a particular post is inappropriate, but i do so without any particular feeling being attached to it,like anger or being insulted.<hr></blockquote>
That's cool. And that's exactly what a forum should be. People posting their opinions. There are some out there that regardless of the amount of times you post your feelings about a poster or what have you, it's like Mom used to say, "it goes in one ear and comes out the other".

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>sorry if i sound harsh here, but whining and complaining without positive,relentless action accomplishing nothing but bringing up the same inane topics over and over again.<hr></blockquote>
Harsh? Hardly. Complaining? Nope. Whining? Never. Same inane topics over and over again? As much as I hate to say it, it's going to always happen in some form or another. Whether it be about pool or not. I see it all the time.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>people just going with the flow to be accepted<hr></blockquote>
Oh, you'd be surprised.

BTW, how is that beautiful Wolf of yours?

Wendy~~forever a dog lover /ccboard/images/icons/crazy.gif

09-03-2002, 05:29 PM
Just one question in all of this, 9 Ball Girl ...

Are you hot? :-)

heater451
09-03-2002, 06:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bluewolf:</font><hr>. . .if you want the rule to be enforced, go to the appropriate authorities. same thing about if you want it to be changed.. . . .<hr></blockquote>A PM to the Admin with a link to the post is usually sufficient.

As s/he does not have the time to check every post, it is up to the members to help to police the board.

This will take care of the occasional, "vulgar" post. Banning a member I have yet to see--not that I would be able to tell, if they have been banned. . . .

bluewolf
09-04-2002, 11:16 AM
my beatiful wolf died two years ago. now i have a beautiful alaskan malamute and a beautiful siberian husky puppy.

the puppy has just gone into heat. the mal is neutered but doesnt realize it. we thought something was odd when he got a H*on from playing with her.

did i say something vulgar?sometimes i am unsure what constitutes vulgarity.

bluewolf

9 Ball Girl
09-04-2002, 11:20 AM
Sorry for your loss. /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif And no, you said nothing vulgar at all. Have fun with the pup! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

bluewolf
09-04-2002, 11:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> Just one question in all of this, 9 Ball Girl ...

Are you hot? :-) <hr></blockquote>

anon, seems like you could figure out this one for your self.

bluewolf

bluewolf
09-04-2002, 11:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Sorry for your loss. /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif And no, you said nothing vulgar at all. Have fun with the pup! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

thanks. i just gottaa be me. believe it or not, i do tone myself down a little (not much) so that i wont embarrass whitewolf. sometimes i still embarrass him though. what happens when you marry a renegade non-conformist &lt;G&gt;

bluewolf

09-06-2002, 04:51 PM
Without seeing her I don't know how. I was actually just making a poor attempt at humor with my post anyway ;-).

9 Ball Girl
09-06-2002, 06:07 PM
All of the CCB Women are <font color=red>hot</font color=red>. /ccboard/images/icons/cool.gif

Rod
09-06-2002, 06:49 PM
Wendy, I have a standard line for that but not in public./ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif From hot to a slow simmer is good, just nothing directly from the fridge!LOL