PDA

View Full Version : Why the left hate history II.

LWW
11-08-2010, 04:43 AM
The recent spate of wailing and gnashing of teeth over the idea that the new congress may not be willing to bow down to the wishes of dear leader in the name of bipartisan compromise, I am reminded of the words dear leader taught us with less than 21 months ago:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wall Street Journal 23 January,2009</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The top congressional leaders from both parties gathered at the White House for a working discussion over the shape and size of President Barack Obama’s economic stimulus plan. The meeting was designed to promote bipartisanship.

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>But Obama showed that in an ideological debate, he’s not averse to using a jab.

Challenged by one Republican senator over the contents of the package, the new president, according to participants, replied: </span><span style='font-size: 17pt'>“I won.”</span> ...

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>With those two words —</span> <span style='font-size: 17pt'>“I won”</span> <span style='font-size: 11pt'>— the Democratic president let the Republicans know that debate has been put to rest Nov. 4 .</span>

Democratic and Republican aides confirmed the exchange. ...</div></div>

OH DEAR! (http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2009/01/23/obama-to-gop-i-won/)

LWW

Qtec
11-08-2010, 07:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the Democratic president let the Republicans know that debate <u>has been put to rest Nov. 4 .</u> </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>The GOP LOST the Presidential election.</span> <span style="color: #990000">The Dems had a majority in the House and the Senate</span>
Still the GOP think that everything should be done the way THEY want!???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">House Majority Whip James Clyburn of South Carolina was asked about Republican complaints that Democrats aren’t listening to what their GOP colleagues have to say. <span style='font-size: 23pt'>“<u>We’re responding to the American people,</u>” he said. “The American people didn’t listen to them too well during the election.” </span></div></div>

Its you and your ilk that don't respect the American people. The people want change but the GOP fight against it.

Q

eg8r
11-08-2010, 07:46 AM
I agree with lww on this. Obama did not want bipartisanship when he came on board and neither did the lefties on this board. When Obama said, "I won" you all cheered. Now some Reps want to respond accordingly and you want to come up with excuses? I don't agree with this type of action, I didn't with Obama and I don't with new Reps but I surely understand why they would try it out.

eg8r

LWW
11-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Actually I think both sides are correct from their POV.

Where is the middle ground to compromise between poison and food?

Where is the middle ground to compromise between Marxism and capitalism?

Where is the middle ground to compromise between tyranny and liberty?

As Lincoln said, a house divided against itself cannot stand. We can not have an America which lasts that is divided between adherents of Marx/Lenin/Mao and adherents of Madison/Jefferson/Hamilton.

We will become all of one thing or all of the other.

LWW

Qtec
11-09-2010, 02:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obama did not want bipartisanship when he came on board </div></div>

Where did you get that idea from?

Q

Qtec
11-09-2010, 02:25 AM
What have the GOP comprimised on?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Representatives has narrowly voted to pass a landmark healthcare reform bill at the heart of President Barack Obama's agenda.

The bill was passed by 219 votes to 212, <u>with no Republican backing</u>, after hours of fierce argument and debate </div></div>

How did that go in the Senate?

link (http://politics.nytimes.com/congress/votes/111/senate/2/105?ref=policy)

Not one single vote in both houses!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like bipartisanship to me...............?

Q

LWW
11-09-2010, 05:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What have the GOP comprimised on?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Representatives has narrowly voted to pass a landmark healthcare reform bill at the heart of President Barack Obama's agenda.

The bill was passed by 219 votes to 212, <u>with no Republican backing</u>, after hours of fierce argument and debate </div></div>

Q </div></div>

Sounds like a one party thugocracy to me.

I wonder which side the voters supported?

Any data?

LWW

LWW
11-09-2010, 05:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obama did not want bipartisanship when he came on board </div></div>

Where did you get that idea from?

Q </div></div>

I got the idea myself from the words and actions of Barack Hussein Obama Junior.

Where did you get the idea it wasn't true?

LWW

Qtec
11-09-2010, 05:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What have the GOP comprimised on?

Q </div></div>

Sounds like a one party thugocracy to me.

I wonder which side the voters supported?

Any data?

LWW </div></div>

LMAO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 20pt'>I wonder which side the voters supported?</span> </div></div>

<span style='font-size: 26pt'><u>Who was elected President?
Who had a majority in the House?
Who had a majority in the Senate?</u></span>

<span style='font-size: 26pt'><span style="color: #990000">Grow a brain.</span></span>

Q

LWW
11-09-2010, 05:10 AM
You are referring to the 2006/2008 elections ... the one before the party of Marx exposed itself. In

Back then the democrooks promised to balance the budget, increase jobs, increase GDP, bring us the most ethical congress ever, to lower health care costs by $2,500.00 per US family ... in fact Obama ran for POTUS in 2008 AGAINST what became Obamacare.

Doesn't your internet use the google?

LWW