PDA

View Full Version : Bravo!~ Olbermann To Return Tuesday!

Gayle in MD
11-08-2010, 10:26 AM
I'm glad they did the right thing.
while Olbermann gets a bit dramatic for my gtaste, he is excellent at blowing away the vast RW mythology, with proof!

We need him more now than ever.
G.

pooltchr
11-08-2010, 12:39 PM
I think the whole thing was a stunt to raise his ratings.

Once people see him for the fool he is, they will tank again.

Steve

Deeman3
11-08-2010, 12:48 PM
His several hundred viewers will be thrilled!

wolfdancer
11-08-2010, 02:27 PM
I prefer Keith over, say...Beck.

LWW
11-08-2010, 03:29 PM
If Overblown stayed off the air MSNBC was looking at the losss of tens of dollars in ad revenue.

LWW

wolfdancer
11-08-2010, 03:50 PM
Well that's why they make both vanilla and chocolate ice cream.....You prefer the Beck histrionics, and I like my news delivered without any fanfare.
The newscasters of my day were... H.V. Kaltenborn .... known for his highly precise diction, his ability to ad lib and his depth of knowledge of world affairs.
Walter Winchell ...“Good evening Mr and Mrs America, from border to border and coast to coast and all the ships at sea. Let's go to press.”
They were on Radio....that's like TV, but without the pictures.

Deeman3
11-08-2010, 03:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I prefer Keith over, say...Beck. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">I don't think either is playing with a completely full deck. This from a guy who dislikes Limbaugh, Hannity, Maddow and most others at either far end.

However, I didn't agree with him being pulled for his contributions. All of us should be free to support whomever we want and he is not a direct news guy, he is an opinion person. So, what can be wrong with his supporting his opinion?

Wasn't he a Sports commentator back in his past? </span>

Deeman3
11-08-2010, 03:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well that's why they make both vanilla and chocolate ice cream.....You prefer the Beck histrionics, and I like my news delivered without any fanfare.
The newscasters of my day were... H.V. Kaltenborn .... known for his highly precise diction, his ability to ad lib and his depth of knowledge of world affairs.
Walter Winchell ...“Good evening Mr and Mrs America, from border to border and coast to coast and all the ships at sea. Let's go to press.”
They were on Radio....that's like TV, but without the pictures.
</div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

pooltchr
11-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Deeman,
He wasn't suspended for making contributions. He was pulled because his contract requires him (and everyone else working there) to notify the company prior to making political contributions. He failed to do so, and was in violation of the terms of his employment contract.

Of course, they could probably fire him quite easily simply for failing to produce any ratings that would justify his salary.

The more I see of this story, the more I believe it was a huge publicity stunt.

Steve

sack316
11-08-2010, 09:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Wasn't he a Sports commentator back in his past? [/color] </div></div>

Yep, he and Dan Patrick hosted the usual Monday edition of SportsCenter known as "The Big Show"... and pretty much revolutionized the way the show was presented. I was a big fan back then

Sack

Gayle in MD
11-09-2010, 06:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I prefer Keith over, say...Beck. </div></div>

I agree, and think there is no comparison between the two.

Glen Beck is a blathering idiot, who is emotionally unbalanced. Olbermann's show is based on providing factual information and exposing RW lies, particularly from the Republilcan propaganda station, and pointing out their dangerous racist statements, and attemjpt to gin up violence.

Olbermann proves every single statement he makes, it's not based on just distortions taken out of context, lies, slanderous accusations, and irrational theatrics, for which as Beck is famous.

I am glad he will be back. Wwe surely need more like him.

G.

G.