PDA

View Full Version : Florida Grandmother sells Grandchild!

Deeman3
11-08-2010, 04:33 PM
<span style="color: #FF0000">What kind of life will this kid have? Mother already in prison, now Grandma and Grandma to follow! I wonder how often this happens and is not caught? </span>

Holly Hill, Fla., grandmother who is accused of trying to sell her 8-week-old grandson was held on $100,000 bond today.

A Florida woman is accused of trying to sell her 8-month-old grandson.Patty Bigbee, 45, who was arrested Friday afternoon, allegedly approached someone in October and offered to sell the baby boy for $75,000. That person contacted police about the alleged offer and acted as a confidential informant.

According to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Bigbee and the would-be buyer haggled over the price and finally agreed on $30,000.

The two met Friday afternoon in Daytona Beach to complete the transaction, according to the FDLE.

After the child and money changed hands in a parking lot near the Daytona Speedway, police arrested the woman.

eg8r
11-08-2010, 06:05 PM
I am sure the child will have a better life just being away from the grandparents. Anything has to be better than that.

I have some friends that went through the adoption process and I could not believe how freaking hard it is to adopt a child. I am not talking about extensive background checks or making sure the parents are going to be good parents. I am talking about all the paperwork, funds and classes on top of years of waiting just to adopt. The system is definitely broke.

eg8r

Deeman3
11-08-2010, 08:04 PM
Sad but true. I guess that's why Madonna and all the trendy women are forced to go to Africa buy minority kids, just too much hassle to adopt them here. It is probably much easier to get around the drug checks, etc.

I have heard the foster care system can be pretty horible as well.

LWW
11-09-2010, 04:31 AM
Perhaps she was just using a woman's right to choose?

LWW

Sev
11-09-2010, 07:35 PM
I am sure Gayle approves of this.

Selling children is no big deal to libs.

LWW
11-10-2010, 03:39 AM
Logic would seem to dictate that if one believes it's OK for the state to sell them into slavery in order to buy votes then it should be OK for the family to sell them into slavery ... unless one believes that this act would violate the belief that the state is supreme in all things and actually owns each of us.

LWW