PDA

View Full Version : Spending Record Broken On Anti-Pelosi Attack Ads.

Gayle in MD
11-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Anti-Pelosi ads break records
By: CNN's Paul Steinhauser and Abby Livingston

Washington (CNN) - More money was spent and more commercials were run against House Speaker Nancy Pelosi in this midterm election cycle than against any other congressional leader since Newt Gingrich.

More than $65 million was spent on 161,203 ads that targeted Pelosi from January 1 through last week's election, according to a new analysis of TV ads for CNN by Campaign Media Analysis Group.

<span style="color: #CC0000">Over sixty-five million!!!

As many historians, from both the left and the right, have stated, must be correct, she must be the most powerful, effective Speaker in history, for them to break the record on attack ads, to trash her honor, hard work, and effective leadership, to the tune of sixty-five million dollars.

Disgusting.

At the least, I will take pleasure in knowing that McConnell and Boehner will have to do a full days work, for the first time since they arrived in Washington.

G.

</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Deeman3
11-09-2010, 01:17 PM
She was the most effective Speaker of all time, she did whatever she had to do to get her agenda passed. Many just don't agree with much of that agenda. To demonize her was probably money well spent by the Republicans as the election shows, they just added grief councilling for those leaving office in January.

Anyone thinking she was not a effective for her team is wrong. In fact, they are even bringing her back for a second act, the Democrats clammoring their appreciation for her success! I think that is a good idea. I am hoping she won't have the success she had these last two years. Otherwise, I wish her no harm, really.

I believe she will continue to be a major focus of ads in the 2012 election as well. I believe Mr. Boehner will be up to the task as Majority Leader.

wolfdancer
11-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Paraphrasing the words of another famous political personage; and future Republican nominee for POTUS
??? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaFl-OVfP0g&NR=1)
"She'll be back"

Deeman3
11-09-2010, 01:49 PM
I do fear you are right. While I remain hopeful that they will remember the lessons of 2010, that bad candidates will lose in most cases, they should be able to find a better candidate in 2012. I might sit that election out myself!

pooltchr
11-09-2010, 02:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> she must be the most powerful, effective Speaker in history, for them to break the record on attack ads, to trash her honor, to the tune of sixty-five million dollars.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

So DeeMan. If we follow this line of reasoning, would it be fair to suggest that the left would consider Sarah Palin to be one of the most powerful women in politics today? After all, they have certainly spared no expense or effort to trash her honor!!!

Just wonderin'....

Steve

Deeman3
11-09-2010, 02:45 PM
I didn't think it mattered but, yes, they do see her as a threat. To them, it may be a little like we feared the likes of Clinton, on moral and ethical grounds, not on capability. Both fears are overrated but both have merit.

My problem with Palin is that she is too polarizing as was Ms. Clinton. As well, although she has proven to be a smart lady, there is a large difference in the capability to motivate a base and govern and we have seen so well with Obama. He got the job but,in a big way, without Pelosi would have gotten little done. The fact he allowed them to make a 2,000 page HCR Blll that cost them this election in addition to the economy, shows you can be a remarkable candidate but not manage the job well.

Now, that being said, he has done some things well. We will all have to wait and see how well he manages in a more competitive environment. In my opinion, with the majorities he had, he could have done much more damage and I believe Clinton would have.

Wheather Palin's fault or not, she can't win in a general election and, in my opinon, this has changed the opportunity for women in general in a negative way in general elections. Was it worth that to the media and the fems in particular, I think not but we shall see! You will not beleive what will be unleashed in the future.

eg8r
11-09-2010, 02:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anti-Pelosi ads break records
</div></div>I wish I would have known about this sooner and I would have chipped in a few bucks myself. I just thank the good Lord that almost all prayers were answered and she lost her position as Speaker. Hopefully we don't have to hear too much from her for a little while.

The real question now is whether all that money spent on flying her family and friends around the US will be saved or will Boehner continue spending it?

eg8r

sack316
11-09-2010, 03:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> she must be the most powerful, effective Speaker in history, for them to break the record on attack ads, to trash her honor, to the tune of sixty-five million dollars.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

So DeeMan. If we follow this line of reasoning, would it be fair to suggest that the left would consider Sarah Palin to be one of the most powerful women in politics today? After all, they have certainly spared no expense or effort to trash her honor!!!

Just wonderin'....

Steve </div></div>

Good point there Steve.

And to Gayle, yes I'd agree with you that she is the most powerful Speaker ever and was extremely effective in getting things done. We'll all differ in our opinions on whether or not that's a good thing... but I don't think anyone can argue with your original statement here.

Sack

LWW
11-09-2010, 06:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #CC0000">Over sixty-five million!!!</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

A phenomenal value.

LWW

Sev
11-09-2010, 07:25 PM
The bitch should be hung on PA Av.

sack316
11-09-2010, 07:29 PM
Also want to add, since it wasn't linked and the whole article wasn't here, from the same article:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"In 1996, Gingrich was targeted in a similar fashion, but in the 1996 election spending represented about a third of what is spent now, so it's possible as a percentage the total spent against Gingrich would be similar to that spent against Pelosi... </div></div>

Which I assume would be equally "disgusting"? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

Gayle in MD
11-09-2010, 07:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also want to add, since it wasn't linked and the whole article wasn't here, from the same article:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"In 1996, Gingrich was targeted in a similar fashion, but in the 1996 election spending represented about a third of what is spent now, so it's possible as a percentage the total spent against Gingrich would be similar to that spent against Pelosi... </div></div>

Which I assume would be equally "disgusting"? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack
</div></div>

Of course not! Why would it be disgusting? Gingrich took part in a witch hunt, the cost this country a fortune, wasted money on impeachment, for offenses that did not rise to the level of impeachment, through it all, trashing Bill Clinton, while he (Gingrich) himself was doing worse than Clinton ever did.

Pelosi has a sterling reputation. Republican lise and slander don't change that at all.

G.

sack316
11-09-2010, 07:49 PM
Gingrich was an unpopular figure whom was a good target to use for political advertisement (tie this person to said unpopular figure, and gain votes).

Pelosi is an unpopular figure whom is a good target to use for political advertisement (tie this person to said unpopular figure, and gain votes).

The theory in both is the same, and both are either disgusting or not. I personally don't like negative campaigning.

Now, of course that is not a commentary on her effectiveness, clout, or power (which I complimented earlier). But those same attributes that enable that are the same attributes which have made her such a polarizing figure. Unfortunately for her things are still not well in this country, and association with her became a political liability in this particular election.

Sack

Gayle in MD
11-09-2010, 08:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gingrich was an unpopular figure whom was a good target to use for political advertisement (tie this person to said unpopular figure, and gain votes).

Pelosi is an unpopular figure whom is a good target to use for political advertisement (tie this person to said unpopular figure, and gain votes).

The theory in both is the same, and both are either disgusting or not. I personally don't like negative campaigning.

Now, of course that is not a commentary on her effectiveness, clout, or power (which I complimented earlier). But those same attributes that enable that are the same attributes which have made her such a polarizing figure. Unfortunately for her things are still not well in this country, and association with her became a political liability in this particular election.

Sack </div></div>

That's your opinion, Sack...and you're welcome to it.

My opinion, is quite differenct from yours.

I believe that some people are too stupid to see through the politics of personal destruction.

I also believe that Pelosi was unfairly, a victim of that tactic, just as President Obama, and Bill and Hillary Clinton were, as well.

In the case of Bush, Reagan, Nixon, for example, they were all liars and treasonists, Gingrich was grossly hypocritical.

Pelosi is being slandered because of her excellent organizational skills, and her huge successes in leading her party.

I have a lot of admiratiton for any woman who can do such a fine job, raising her children, and then become such a huge success in a vocation of her own, when that first most important job, has been completed.

She has displayed great integrity throughout her public life, just as Hailary clinton, has, as well.

G.

sack316
11-09-2010, 08:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I believe that some people are too stupid to see through the politics of personal destruction.

</div></div>

Ding ding ding! We have a winner! Which is why, right or wrong, warranted or unwarranted, ethical or not, it is an effective campaign tool to take an association with unpopular figure and use it against them.

Had everything turned around, and all was just peachy in this country now... democrats probably would have spent that much money on ads saying "Pelosi is my friend and I voted with her all along"

Sack---isn't saying the game is right... just saying this is how the game is played these days

Gayle in MD
11-09-2010, 08:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Ding ding ding! We have a winner! Which is why, right or wrong, warranted or unwarranted, ethical or not, it is an effective campaign tool to take an association with unpopular figure and use it against them.

Had everything turned around, and all was just peachy in this country now... democrats probably would have spent that much money on ads saying "Pelosi is my friend and I voted with her all along"

Sack---isn't saying the game is right... just saying this is how the game is played these days </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Had everything turned around, and all was just peachy in this country now... democrats probably would have spent that much money on ads saying "Pelosi is my friend and I voted with her all along"

</div></div>

Ding Ding Ding, right back at ya, Sack...

Everything wasn't going to turn around in under two years, regardless!

That's the whole problem. In Spite of every indicator improving hugely, jobss are a different matter. Why? Becuase we have a fundamental problem to solve.

How can we afford to give tax breaks, to corporations, who buy our politicians, and outsource our jobs, AND pay no taxes?

What's your solution?

Politics of personal destruction is certainly the forte' of Republicans. Interesting how proud Republican voters seem to be of it's success.

It's certainly effective when millions upon millions of dollars are changing hands, in secret, giving the unconscionable an in to buy a free ticket from Republicans, in order to pollute the environment, and commit more unethical, gross busines infractions, against the belabored Middle Class citizenry of this country.

I surely do not think that the party best at slander and trickery, is the best selection of who should lead the country.

Bottom line, our political system is fundamentally flawed, and we all pay the price for that.

Iraq, Katrina, and the Gulf Oil Spill, are each, sterling examples of that.

G.

Deeman3
11-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Of course, an opinion that Nancy Pelosi is more worthy of reverent treatment than Gingrich is a fantasy not shared by the vast majority of Americans, at lest those who bother to vote.

Gayle in MD
11-09-2010, 08:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Of course, an opinion that Nancy Pelosi is more worthy of reverent treatment than Gingrich is a fantasy not shared by the vast majority of Americans, at lest those who bother to vote. </div></div>

What a crock, Deeman. The vast majority of Americans didn't even vote!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Gingrich's approval ratings have been in the dumpster for decades!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Deeman3
11-09-2010, 09:11 PM
Wanna bet has approval ratings are as bad as Pelosi's? He will probably out do him among Democrats only.

Gayle in MD
11-09-2010, 09:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Paraphrasing the words of another famous political personage; and future Republican nominee for POTUS
??? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaFl-OVfP0g&NR=1)
"She'll be back" </div></div>

And a quote from a post by one of our more intelligent forum members, Q,:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It is fundamental to Republican orthodoxy that government canít create jobs, and yet, Republicans won the election by repeatedly attacking the president and the Democrats for not creating jobs Ö which they also say the government canít do.

</div></div>

Tells the real story of this election.

A lie travels round the world, before truth gets it's pants on.

G.

Qtec
11-10-2010, 01:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So DeeMan. If we follow this line of reasoning, would it be fair to suggest that the left would consider Sarah Palin to be one of the most powerful women in politics today? </div></div>

Eh...........NO!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After all, they have certainly spared no expense or effort to <u>trash her honor</u>!!! </div></div>

What expense? Palin did the damage herself, every time she opened her mouth. That's why she now only talks to Fox because they will edit out her gaffes.

What honour?

She illegally used her political office to try and get her ex brother in law fired.
She quit the job she was elected for to cash in on her 15 minutes and promote herself.

Palin quote.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On Corporations: Governor must act as effective CEO on behalf of Alaskans
PHILOSOPHY IN GOVERNING: I look forward to building a team <u>that will put Alaskans first!</u> I believe in fairness and inclusion and will call on the public to work together for Alaskaís common good. <span style='font-size: 17pt'>I refuse to use divisive tactics that polarize us for political gain.</span> </div></div>

Really Sarah?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Palin's attack delivered on the McCain campaign's announcement that it would step up attacks on the Democratic presidential candidate with just a month left before the November general election.

"We see America as the greatest force for good in this world," Palin said at a fund-raising event in Colorado, adding, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>"Our opponent though, is someone who sees America, it seems, as being so imperfect that he's <span style="color: #990000">palling around with terrorists</span> who would target their own country."</span> </div></div>

Classy.

Q

Gayle in MD
11-10-2010, 01:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wanna bet has approval ratings are as bad as Pelosi's? He will probably out do him among Democrats only. </div></div>

Huh?
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

LWW
11-10-2010, 04:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also want to add, since it wasn't linked and the whole article wasn't here, from the same article:

Sack
</div></div>

Of course not!

G. </div></div>
http://forums.azbilliards.com/images/newsmilies/killingme.gif http://forums.azbilliards.com/images/newsmilies/killingme.gif http://forums.azbilliards.com/images/newsmilies/killingme.gif http://forums.azbilliards.com/images/newsmilies/killingme.gif http://forums.azbilliards.com/images/newsmilies/killingme.gif

LWW

hondo
11-10-2010, 06:44 AM
I think most Americans DO see Palin as a threat but not for
the reasons the Right likes to imagine.
Most Americans feel the POTUS should be dignified and intelligent.
We've had some down homey Presidents, Truman and Eisenhower (?, sorry, all of a sudden I can't remember how he spelled his name),
but both were still pretty sharp.
GWB lowered the bar like I had never seen before.
Palin is worse! Cliches, sound bites, diversions, clueless at times.
Palin as POTUS? Hell, yes, I'm scared of her!
The dumbing down of America continues.
YOU BETCHA!

hondo
11-10-2010, 06:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anti-Pelosi ads break records
</div></div>I wish I would have known about this sooner and I would have chipped in a few bucks myself. I just thank the good Lord that almost all prayers were answered and she lost her position as Speaker. Hopefully we don't have to hear too much from her for a little while.

The real question now is whether all that money spent on flying her family and friends around the US will be saved or will Boehner continue spending it?

eg8r </div></div>

Save your money. THEY don't need it.

hondo
11-10-2010, 06:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The bitch should be hung on PA Av. </div></div>

I always felt that GWB, Cheney, Rove, Beck, and Limberger should have been strung up by their balls but I never said it. I had too much class. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

LWW
11-10-2010, 06:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most Americans feel the POTUS should be dignified and intelligent.</div></div>

Then explain Lyndon, Billy Jeff, and Barry O?

LWW

LWW
11-10-2010, 06:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The bitch should be hung on PA Av. </div></div>

I always felt that GWB, Cheney, Rove, Beck, and Limberger should have been strung up by their balls but I never said it. I had too much class. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

So you admit you no longer have such class?

LWW

Chopstick
11-10-2010, 07:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #CC0000">Over sixty-five million!!!</span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

A phenomenal value.

LWW </div></div>

<span style="color: #000099">I agree. How much to prosecute her for treason and multiple felonies? I got a few extra bucks.</span>

eg8r
11-10-2010, 08:54 AM
I agree but it is for the "cause". /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-10-2010, 09:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The bitch should be hung on PA Av. </div></div>

I always felt that GWB, Cheney, Rove, Beck, and Limberger should have been strung up by their balls but I never said it. I had too much class. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

Every now and then you post a quote from one of the nuttiest around here, and remind me of why I don't read their BS.

Hilarious, when you think of all the undeniable proof we have of Treason by the Bush cabal, all of it dened by the Rw nutjobs on here, and this genius from Az, believes that Pelosi should be hanged, LMAO! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Thanks for the morning laugh.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Interesting even after the right wins, the hate concinues...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjY_SZdc3q0&feature=related

pooltchr
11-10-2010, 09:33 AM
Hondo, I agree that Palin is not POTUS material. She is, however, a great speaker and campaigner. She connects with mainstream America, and can make her points quite effectively. I would love to see her as a Press Secretary for a true conservative President. I would not want to see her as President herself.

I agree with much of what she has to say, and she reaches people.

Steve

pooltchr
11-10-2010, 09:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

"We see America as the greatest force for good in this world," Palin said at a fund-raising event in Colorado, adding, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>"Our opponent though, is someone who sees America, it seems, as being so imperfect that he's <span style="color: #990000">palling around with terrorists</span> who would target their own country."</span> </div></div>

Classy.

Q
[/quote]

And what, exactly, do you find in this statement that is not a dead-on accurate statement about Obama?

Steve

pooltchr
11-10-2010, 09:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Pelosi has a sterling reputation.

G. </div></div>

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for a good laugh this morning!

Steve

pooltchr
11-10-2010, 09:40 AM

The vast majority of Americans didn't even vote!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif </div></div>

Considering what they did to the country in 2008, this is probably a good thing!

Steve

hondo
11-10-2010, 02:37 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

wolfdancer
11-10-2010, 02:41 PM
I too, refuse to lower myself to joining in on the carping of the lower class.

Gayle in MD
11-11-2010, 10:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think most Americans DO see Palin as a threat but not for
the reasons the Right likes to imagine.
Most Americans feel the POTUS should be dignified and intelligent.
We've had some down homey Presidents, Truman and Eisenhower (?, sorry, all of a sudden I can't remember how he spelled his name),
but both were still pretty sharp.
GWB lowered the bar like I had never seen before.
Palin is worse! Cliches, sound bites, diversions, clueless at times.
Palin as POTUS? Hell, yes, I'm scared of her!
The dumbing down of America continues.
YOU BETCHA! </div></div>

Excellent post, Hondo. It would be nice if she could learn that the word "Our" is not two syllables, each accented!

When she is up there schreeching out her idiocy, dogs in at least three neighboring states, are howling....lol.

I think her time is nearing the end. Republicans are getting ready to chop off her head, for paling around with unelectables, a far more threatening, frightening group to Republican politicians, than terrorists have ever been. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

G.

hondo
11-12-2010, 06:21 AM
Yep. What she said. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

wolfdancer
11-13-2010, 08:27 PM
Ouch !!!

Qtec
11-13-2010, 09:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Pelosi has a sterling reputation.

G. </div></div>

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for a good laugh this morning!

Steve </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Before entering politics, DeLay worked in <span style='font-size: 11pt'>pest control</span>, explaining one of his nicknames, "The Exterminator." He began his long and successful career as a politician in 1978 when he was elected to the Texas House of Representatives. Until 1985, <u>when DeLay became a born-again Christian and changed his lifestyle, another of his nicknames was "Hot Tub Tom" because of his drinking and partying.</u> In 1988, after just a few years in the U.S. House, DeLay was appointed Deputy Minority Whip. In 1994 he helped Newt Gingrich effect the Republican Revolution, which gave the Republicans the victory in the 1994 midterm election and swept Democrats from power in both houses of Congress, putting Republicans in control of the House of Representatives for the first time in forty years. In 1995, he was elected House Majority Whip.

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>With the Republicans in control of both chambers in Congress, DeLay, along with Gingrich and conservative activist Grover Norquist, helped start the K Street Project, an effort to pressure Washington lobbying firms to hire only Republicans in top positions, and to reward loyal GOP lobbyists with access to influential officials.</span> DeLay was elected House Majority Leader after the 2002 midterm elections, earning his most famous nickname, "The Hammer," for his enforcement of party discipline and retribution against those who did not support the legislative agenda of President George W. Bush. On policy issues, not just political strategy and tactics, DeLay was known as one of Capitol Hill's fiercest, staunchest conservatives during his years in Congress, earning very high marks from conservative interest groups (e.g., business, gun rights, pro-life) and very low marks from liberal ones (e.g., civil liberties, labor unions, environmental protection). </div></div>

His trial starts soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Thomas Dale "Tom" DeLay (pronounced /dəˈleɪ/; born April 8, 1947 in Laredo, Texas) is a former member of the U.S. House of Representatives who represented Texas's 22nd congressional district from 1984 until 2006. He was Republican Party (GOP) House Majority Leader from 2003Ė2005. In 2005, after a Texas court charged DeLay with criminal violations of state campaign finance laws and money laundering, he resigned as House Majority Leader. DeLay pleaded not guilty, claiming political motivation for the charges. <span style='font-size: 20pt'>Two former senior aides to DeLay have been convicted in the Jack Abramoff scandal,</span> </div></div>

Of course, he didn't know anything?

Q............ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

pooltchr
11-13-2010, 10:35 PM
So now you are attacking her for the way she pronounces words, or making fun of her voice.
Ever hear the saying "People who live in glass houses"???????

Not much substance to that post...just another catty little attack.

But, on the bright side...Hondo agrees with you.

Steve

Deeman3
11-13-2010, 11:33 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r
11-14-2010, 03:12 PM
What part of your quote has anything to do with the lie about Pelosi having a sterling reputation?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-15-2010, 10:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What part of your quote has anything to do with the lie about Pelosi having a sterling reputation?

eg8r </div></div>

I wish you could understand that when you don't agree with something, that doesn't mean the other person is telling a lie.

I know of no incident, when any accusation of substance, involving anything illegal, has ever been exposed.

Hence, IMO, she has a sterling reputation, raised five good kids, all of them working for the good, in the world, stayed hom with them and raised them herself, instead of outsourcing the job to a stranger, and then sought to go into the political arena.

She has my utmost respect.

Now, Tom Delay, OTOH, is standing trial as we write...interesting we've never heard any attacks on his honor, around here.

G.

It isn't a lie, Ed. She does have a sterling reputation. So does Steny Hoyer, and Barbara Mikulski.

G.

eg8r
11-15-2010, 10:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wish you could unserstand that when you don't agree with something, that doesn't mean the other person is telling a lie.

</div></div>So it is not ok for borrow a page from your own playbook?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-15-2010, 01:06 PM
It isn't my playbook to do that, Ed.

For example, if you write that Valarie Plame was just a secretary, that is a lie, because it isn't true.

If you write that the Washington post is asking for the president to step down, that, also isn't true.

If you write that Bush didn't lie us into a war, again, that isn't true, because we have loads of proof, facts, and obvious filmed statements, and documents, that prove not only that he lied us into a war, but that the White House, had an organized effort, by Bush, Cheney, Libby, and Rove, to expose the identity of a CIA secret agent, a NOC Agent who was a specialist in WMD, and her husband was a former Abmassador to Niger, hence, they slandered Joe Wilson, because he exposed their lies in the SOTU Address, and outed his wife.

All of that has been proven, beyond a shadiow of a doubt, and it is TREASON.

So, that means, it is not a lie, to say that the Bush Administration, all of the top level, commited not only war crimes, but treason.
Now, mind you, that incident, is far from the only provable incident, which proves treason, by the same cabal.

Now if you can prove that Nancy Pelosi, ever committed a crime, then by all means, provide us with the links.

G.

eg8r
11-15-2010, 01:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It isn't my playbook to do that, Ed.
</div></div>It has been since you arrived at the CCB.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-15-2010, 01:34 PM
Well, that's again, your opinion. Again, that doesn't make is true.

I would say that you have a habit of writing things here, that aren't true, like calling Ms. Plame, just a secretary, when we all know, that is a lie.

Or saying that homosexuals choose to be homosexuals, which science has proven, is not true.

G.

wolfdancer
11-15-2010, 01:46 PM
is Ed still implying that Valerie was gay? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
11-15-2010, 02:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is Ed still implying that Valerie was gay? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

Who knows. It's hard to figure out what he's implying, the way he writes, sometiimes.

If I asked you, "How much more clear do you need it to be?"

Do you think you'd understand the question?

G.

hondo
11-15-2010, 03:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wish you could unserstand that when you don't agree with something, that doesn't mean the other person is telling a lie.

</div></div>So it is not ok for borrow a page from your own playbook?

eg8r </div></div>

No.

eg8r
11-15-2010, 04:41 PM
Thank you for recognizing her "do as I say not as I do" attitude.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
11-15-2010, 05:14 PM
Ed,
Right back atcha. You are the one who accuses everyone else of doing what you are known for.

When have I ever told you, or anyone else, what to do?

G.

hondo
11-15-2010, 09:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you for recognizing her "do as I say not as I do" attitude.

eg8r </div></div>

Hey, don't drag me in the middle of this! I love both youse guyz!

Stretch
11-16-2010, 02:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you for recognizing her "do as I say not as I do" attitude.

eg8r </div></div>

Hey, don't drag me in the middle of this! I love both youse guyz! </div></div>

Hondo, you hold back Ed and i'll hold back Gayle. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif St.

hondo
11-16-2010, 06:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you for recognizing her "do as I say not as I do" attitude.

eg8r </div></div>

Hey, don't drag me in the middle of this! I love both youse guyz! </div></div>

Hondo, you hold back Ed and i'll hold back Gayle. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif St. </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif