PDA

View Full Version : Mike Sigel

eg8r
11-09-2010, 03:24 PM
Man, I was just watching the videos from Inside Pool mag of the Maryland State 10 ball Championships and I am tickled to death to see Mike Sigel playing again. Not only playing but playing pretty darn good.

I had a few opportunities to play with him (at his store) when he lived west of Orlando but he was never serious about playing again. After the IPT debacle I thought that was going to be it for him, but now I see I am wrong. Sigel is my favorite all time player and it is great seeing him play competitively again. Wish he did better at the US Open and hopefully there will be many more tourneys to see him.

eg8r

Deeman3
11-09-2010, 03:56 PM
I liked his game and his attitude of confidence> my first wife hated his voice and it drove her crazy. I got a new wife but for different reasons. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Rich R.
11-09-2010, 04:21 PM
According to a recent Billiards Digest story, Mike found relief from a pinched nerve in his back and he is much more comfortable playing now. He also has a young girl friend in WPBA pro Megan Smith. He is definitely playing well but not up to his old standards. However, in time, who knows how far he will come back?

At the U.S. Open, there was a chance that Mike would play Earl. The entire convention center was buzzing about that potential match and every one was waiting for it. Unfortunately, things didn't fall in place and the match didn't happen.

eg8r
11-10-2010, 09:17 AM
I haven't kept up with him since he left the Orlando area, so I don't know if I am mis-reading your post but is he divorced and dating a WPBA pro, or did you just mean they are friends?

Sigel vs Strickland would have been great to watch again.

eg8r

11-10-2010, 10:25 AM
He is dating Meg Smith. I'm pretty sure he is divorced. I do have a story about Mike, prior to divorce, but I don't think it needs to be on the internet /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Eric

Rich R.
11-10-2010, 08:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eric</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He is dating Meg Smith. I'm pretty sure he is divorced. I do have a story about Mike, prior to divorce, but I don't think it needs to be on the internet /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Eric </div></div>
Eric is correct about the divorce and about Mike seeing Megan Smith. He will have to tell me the story about Mike some other time. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

wolfdancer
11-11-2010, 02:33 AM
Wasn't that one of the questions on the prenuptial compatibility test..."Do you like Mike Sigal?"

mytouch127
11-11-2010, 07:50 AM
hi all..

eg8r
11-11-2010, 09:11 AM
Well darn, not sure the next time I will be up your way to hear the story. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Sad to hear he is divorced. I wonder if his ex kept the house in Oakland, Fl.

eg8r

11-11-2010, 11:04 AM
Long story, short...after over hearing Mike's phone conversation...it's no surprise he's divorced.

Eric

dg-in-centralpa
11-11-2010, 11:07 AM
Sounds like an interesting phone call. How soon is VF?

Duane

eg8r
11-11-2010, 03:08 PM
I was wondering, does anyone know if his custom cues from a while back ever regained any "value"? He was selling them at one time for $2k+ until a bunch were dumped on ebay and their prices tanked. Have they ever come back up?

eg8r

wolfdancer
11-12-2010, 02:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tucked away in our subconsciousness is an idyllic vision. We see ourselves on a long trip that spans the continent. We are travelli ng by train. Out the windows, we drink in the passing scene of cars on nearby highways, of children waving on a crossingchina tours, of cattle grazing on a distant hillside, of smoke pouring from a power plant, of row upon row of corn and wheat, of flatlands and valleys, of mountains and rolling hillsides, of city skylines and village halls.
But the uppermost in our minds is the final destination. On a certain day at a certain hour, we will pull into the station. Bands will be playing and flags waving. Once we reach there, so many wonderful dreams will come true and the pieces of our lives will be fit together like a completed jigsaw puzzlechina travel. How restlessly we pace the aisles, damning the minutes loitering, waiting, waiting, waiting for the station. </div></div>

...and there will be Mike Sigel,
"... waiting for the train that goes home Sweet Mary,
one toke over the line..."

Rich R.
11-12-2010, 08:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was wondering, does anyone know if his custom cues from a while back ever regained any "value"? He was selling them at one time for $2k+ until a bunch were dumped on ebay and their prices tanked. Have they ever come back up?

eg8r </div></div>
I heard a rumor that it was Mike's friend Kevin Trudeau, of IPT fame, that dumped all of those cues on ebay.

eg8r
11-12-2010, 09:13 AM
Yep that is what I heard also. I wonder if they are still not worth anything.

eg8r