PDA

View Full Version : A Dilemma

wolfdancer
11-09-2010, 09:12 PM
and the solution....
You are driving down the road in your car on a wild, stormy night, when you pass by a bus stop and you see three people waiting for the bus:

1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.

2. An old friend who once saved your life.

3. The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.

Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there
could only be one passenger in your car? Think before you continue
reading.

This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually used as part
of a job application. You could pick up the old lady, because she is
going to die, and thus you should save her first. Or you could take
the old friend because he once saved your life, and this would be
the perfect chance to
pay him back. However, you may never be able
to find your perfect mate again.

YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS.....................

The candidate who was hired (out of 200 applicants) had no trouble
coming up with his answer. He simply answered: 'I would give the car
keys to my old friend and let him take the lady to the hospital. I
would stay behind and wait for the bus with the partner of my dreams.'

Sometimes, we gain more if we are able to give up our stubborn
thought limitations.

Never forget to 'Think Outside of the Box.'

HOWEVER...., The correct answer is to run the old lady over and put her out of her misery because Obama's health care won't pay for her hospital visit anyway, have sex with the perfect partner on the hood of the car, then drive off
with the old friend for a few beers.

God, I just love happy endings!

Gayle in MD
11-09-2010, 09:23 PM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
Hilarious. I'm so glad you're back...

G.

Deeman3
11-09-2010, 09:53 PM
Never a dull moment with you on board. I second Gayle's welcome back! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

wolfdancer
11-09-2010, 09:59 PM
I can't take credit for writing that....friends send me stuff like that all the time. I just pass along what I think are the good ones.

sack316
11-09-2010, 10:54 PM
I'll third Gayle and Dee's comments /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

Qtec
11-10-2010, 01:39 AM
Love it.

Q.......LOL

pooltchr
11-10-2010, 08:10 AM
Good one!

Steve

eg8r
11-10-2010, 08:59 AM
LOL.

eg8r

cushioncrawler
11-10-2010, 06:13 PM
I am thinking that what if that old woman woz my "perfikt partner" and best friend, and that she had once saved my life.
mac.

sack316
11-10-2010, 06:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am thinking that what if that old woman woz my "perfikt partner" and best friend, and that she had once saved my life.
mac. </div></div>

I don't know exactly why, but Oedipus complex came to my mind from you here...

Sack

cushioncrawler
11-10-2010, 06:48 PM
WIKI SEZ----
"------ The Oedipus complex, in psychoanalytic theory, is a group of largely unconscious (dynamically repressed) ideas and feelings which concentrate on the desire to possess the parent of the opposite sex and eliminate the parent of the same sex.[1][2] According to classical psychoanalytic theory, the complex appears during the so-called "phallic stage" of libidinal and ego development; i.e. between the ages of three and five years, though oedipal manifestation may be detected earlier.[3][4]

The complex is named after Greek mythical character Oedipus, who (albeit unknowingly) kills his father, Laius and marries his mother, Jocasta. According to Sigmund Freud, the Oedipus complex is a common phenomenon, built in phylogenetically, and is responsible for much unconscious guilt.

Freud spoke of the mythical Oedipus in these terms:

His destiny moves us only because it might have been ours because the oracle laid the same curse upon us before our birth as upon him. It is the fate of all of us, perhaps, to direct our first sexual impulse towards our mother and our first hatred and our first murderous wish against our father. Our dreams convince us that this is so.[5]

Classical theory considers the successful resolution of the Oedipus complex to be developmentally desirable, the key to the development of sexual roles and identity. Freud posited that boys and girls resolved the conflicts differently as a result of the male's castration anxiety (caused by Oedipal rivalry with the father) and the female's penis envy. He also held that the unsuccessful resolution of the Oedipus complex could result in neurosis, paedophilia, and homosexuality.

Classical theory holds that "resolution" of the Oedipus complex takes place through identification with the parent of the same sex and (partial) temporary renunciation of the parent of the opposite sex; the opposite-sex parent is then "rediscovered" as the growing person's adult sexual object.

In classical theory, people who are fixated at the Oedipal level are "mother-fixated" or "father-fixated", and reveal this by choosing sexual partners who are discernible surrogates for their parent(s).------"

Sack -- This iz all bullshit. Freud woz an idiot.
It iz well known around here that Woofly had a fixation on hiz grandmama not mama.
mac.

Deeman3
11-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Mac,

Good the you posting but don't get all Kentucky/West Virginia on us! JK /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I do wonder about creative ways to answer the question if the guy decided in the middle of the interview he really, really didn't want the job?