PDA

View Full Version : Elections have consequences!

LWW
11-11-2010, 04:24 AM
I mean WTH does this capitalist pig dog think he's doing?

Being treated to a high position in the politburo, he decides to travel among the serfs!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) said Wednesday he intends to take commercial flights home when he moves up to speaker in the new Congress.

“Over the last 20 years, I have flown back and forth to my district on commercial aircraft, and I am going to continue to do that,” he told reporters.

Continue Reading
Text Size
-+reset Listen
Boehner: No tax compromise

Latest on POLITICO
Will history prove kinder to Bush?
Roaming proposal sparks FCC lobbying
Technology for a leaner government
Battling over what the vote means
Dem donors to debate strategy for 2012
Obama sharply criticizes North Korea
POLITICO 44

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, a Democrat, took heat in 2007 when she started flying an Air Force jet that could go nonstop back to her congressional district in California.

Her Republican predecessor from Illinois, Denny Hastert, had begun using an Air Force jet as speaker because of the increased security after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on New York and Washington.

House Deputy Sergeant of Arms Kerri Hanley said officials there had approved the decision of Boehner, the presumed new speaker in the new Congress, to fly commercially, both to his district and to other locations in the country.

“Based on the current security assessment, the sergeant of arms is comfortable with him traveling commercially,” Hanley said.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1110/44943.html#ixzz14y4tgvKB</div></div>

LWW

pooltchr
11-11-2010, 08:44 AM
It's largely symbolic, but still demonstrates that he is not going to take advantage of his position for personal gain.

Steve

eg8r
11-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Well it all sounds great but we will see what the Security detail thinks about it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I sure would hate to be stuck on a flight with that dude. What happens if you are on one of the flights that still sports the "poverty parade" through first class? Boehner has all of first class filled and the security guys will be checking each passenger as they pass by.

eg8r

eg8r
11-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Sounds good now but lets give it time.

eg8r

LWW
11-11-2010, 05:54 PM
With the POTUS/VPOTUS never traveling together it's not that big a deal.

LWW