PDA

View Full Version : who won in moline?

mike_in_iowa
09-02-2002, 03:10 PM
who won in moline

Karatemom
09-02-2002, 03:12 PM
Pam Bell took 1st in the Women's Division, with our own Karla in IA taking 2nd.

In the Open Division, Jamie Baraks took 1st, with Larry Nevel taking 2nd.

Saw some really good shooting this weekend.

Heide

09-02-2002, 04:06 PM
two in a row for jamie, wow. good job. any other results

mike athens

Chris Cass
09-02-2002, 05:40 PM
Hi Mike,

I was looking for you there. Results? Jesse Bowman took 7,8th. Jon Kucharo took 5th, Mike Dunklin took 4th, Jeff Sargent took 3rd, and you know the rest. I trapped Larry but luck would have it he won. My luck that is. Jamie Bowman got the ax early as did a lot of good shooters.

Got to hand it to Evelyn and Danny. Made Jon Kucharo, Jamie Bowman and Tommy Hernandez payoff the calcutta members from the last event they all forfieted in the loser bracket. That was strong. Jonny had the biggest with $210. but he made that back plus walked with $30. Tisk, Tisk, that's what you get when you disregard everyone but yourself.

Regards,

C.C.~~Mike, email me your address. I have a CCB key ring for ya. Later, oh, they'll all be in Collinsville, Il. tour stop next week. I'm planning on it too.

09-02-2002, 10:57 PM
Congratulations Karla.

Rod
09-02-2002, 11:50 PM
Hi Chris,
Where is Moline? Hey I'm glad they made those guys pay up too. It's a pain to buy someone and have them quit plus it creates a lot of hard feelings. Sorry you lost to Larry but it must have been a good match. You can watch a long long time before you ever see back to back 8 balls. Did both of you hit the head ball? Just curious because runout players, from my experience, seldom use a side break as it clutters balls to one side. You know the old saying about luck, well anyway good shooting and on to the next stop.

Chris Cass
09-03-2002, 08:43 AM
Hi Rod,

Moline is in Illinois about the third row of corn and up two acres. LOL Some refer to it as BFE but the good thing is Kato can't find me. hahaha

I was power breaking and Larry was breaking from the side for control and the guarentee of not scratching. LOL Although, he did pop one off the table. When, he made the 8 on the break. I knew something was up. So, the very next break, I racked them alittle high and also left the second ball unfroze to the 8, just as he did. I then broke from the opposite side, on the second ball sending into the side.

Larry is a jam up player and is tough for most to beat on a bar box. He seldom misses and has a huge break too. I've beaten him in another tourney before but the field here was pretty strong. They're all going to the Collinsville event this weekend too. Seems to me there's an easier way to make a living? hahahaha

Thanks for the Kudos,

C.C.~~Rods friend

Kato
09-03-2002, 09:00 AM
Shoot son, I know exactly where you live having actually seen a satellite picture of your home. You didn't know you could do that on the internet?

Kato~~~wishing Chris better luck in Collinsville which is on the other side of the corn field.

Chris Cass
09-03-2002, 09:13 AM

Rod
09-03-2002, 12:48 PM
HA HA HA, Well Chris that pretty well explains where it is. Lost in the corn fields again. Ed at play pool commented to me that Larry was the only one to shoot a 225 in Fargo. My last score at the time was a 225 so I guess that's pretty good but that's only an average of 8 balls in rotation.
I had to ask about that break because it just wouldn't seem likely to make it off the head ball twice.

Speaking of corn fields my GGGrandfather lived in Polk County and was an early settler. He had several hundred acres of farm land in Deleware Twp as it was called then, it still may called that. There was a biography written on many of the first settlers titled, Polk County Biographies.
He was burried in Berwick, Polk Co, Iowa in 1865 and was a Quaker. You may have driven past some of his corn fields! LOL

The burning question still remains though, Did he drop his elbow when cutting corn with a scythe? Ha Ha Ha!! Well I prefer to think he did because it would be a difficult task with a pinned elbow! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif I used one of those as a kid, I know why I don't want to be a farmer! That must be where I got my elbow drop! HA HA HA HA HA More than you needed to know, right?

~~~ rod has walked through many corn fields