PDA

View Full Version : double standards....the poor guy is f........

Qtec
11-12-2010, 02:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A fund manager for Smith Barney is getting off without felony charges <span style='font-size: 14pt'>after he allegedly ran over a cyclist with his Mercedes and fled the scene</span> in Eagle, Colorado, because, the DA says, felony charges would be bad for the fund manager's business.

Martin Joel Erzinger will not be charged with a felony because <span style='font-size: 20pt'>"Felony convictions have some pretty serious job implications for someone in Mr. Erzinger's profession," </span>according to District Attorney Mark Hurlbert.

<u>Erzinger oversees over $1 billion in assets for "ultra high net worth individuals, their families and foundations," according to Worth.</u>

Erzinger fled the scene July 3 after allegedly striking Dr. Steven Milo with his 2010 Mercedes Benz sedan on Highway 6, according to court documents. <u>Erzinger later called the Mercedes auto assistance service to ask for his vehicle to be towed but did not report the accident to law enforcement. He claims he was unaware the cyclist had been hit.</u>

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>"Mr. Erzinger struck me, fled and left me for dead on the highway," Milo wrote in a letter to the District Attorney. "Neither his financial prominence nor my financial situation should be factors in your prosecution of this case." </span></div></div>

stinks (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/11/wealthy-fund-manager-avoids-felony-charges-running-cyclist/)

Q

wolfdancer
11-12-2010, 02:51 AM
".....and justice for all....."

Gayle in MD
11-12-2010, 07:36 AM
Amen. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

eg8r
11-12-2010, 08:48 AM
I don't care about that guys "job implications". If he hit and run then he should pay for his crime the same way anyone else should.

eg8r

pooltchr
11-12-2010, 11:03 AM
I agree. Felony charges impact anybody's employment. What is so special about this guy?

Steve

LWW
11-12-2010, 11:23 AM
I don't completely agree with Hurlbert's ... but Q gave a truncated version of the article which didn't explain the entire story.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hurlbert explained that charging Erzinger with a felony could affect his job and ability to pay restitution. "When you're talking about restitution, you don't want to take away his ability to pay," the DA said.</div></div>

LWW

eg8r
11-12-2010, 01:08 PM
Again, I don't care about the implications. If he committed a crime then punish him the same way you would any regular citizen.

eg8r

Deeman3
11-12-2010, 01:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Again, I don't care about the implications. If he committed a crime then punish him the same way you would any regular citizen.

eg8r </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> I agree, who does he think he is, Ted Kennedy? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

In a lot of cases there is not equal justice, most of it across monitary lines and few across political ones as well.

I bet, if they take this guys whole portfolio, house and cars, there would be plenty for restitution, as there apparently was for lawyers.</span>

Gayle in MD
11-12-2010, 02:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Again, I don't care about the implications. If he committed a crime then punish him the same way you would any regular citizen.

eg8r </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"> I agree, who does he think he is, Ted Kennedy? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

In a lot of cases there is not equal justice, most of it across monitary lines and few across political ones as well.

I bet, if they take this guys whole portfolio, house and cars, there would be plenty for restitution, as there apparently was for lawyers.</span> </div></div>

Maybe he thought he was Laura Bush??? At least Kennedy showed up in court, and took responsibility for his actions, which is more than Laura did, after she mowed down her boyfriend.

Oh poooooooooor little Laura....she can't talk about it. Didn't even bother to pay his parents a visit, to apologize.

Mary Jo's parents OTOH, ended up living down a long winding driveway, in a mansion, provided by Ted Kennedy. T

They never took him to court, no lawyers involved, because no judge had to orderr him to do the right thing, and pay them for their pain and suffering.

He then spent his whole life, trying to help sick people with no medical insurance, and reaching out to every single Congressperson, in their hour of need.

While Little Laura, has been basking in all of that Nazi and oil money, sitting on her arse, reading, and being waited on, all paid for with our tax dollars, and Prescott's Nazi money, of course....Smile-wave-nod-eat-read Laura, the only First Lady who nevere could quite find any mission or project, she cared enough to get up off that fat arse, and commit to....

G.

LWW
11-12-2010, 05:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mary Jo's parents OTOH, ended up living down a long winding driveway, in a mansion, provided by Ted Kennedy. <s>T</s>

They never took him to court, no lawyers involved, because no judge had to order<s>r</s> him to do the right thing, and pay them for their pain and suffering.
G.

</div></div>

Got anything to back that delusional view up?

LWW

LWW
11-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Another Gee myth dies on the blade of truth.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pocono family was center of Kennedy Chappaquidick controversy

August 27,2009

A Pocono family lost their daughter in a tragic accident at Chappaquiddick, in a car driven by Sen. Edward Kennedy in 1969.

Mary Jo Kopechne's parents moved to the Poconos after her death in 1969. She was the passenger in a car driven by Sen. Edward Kennedy on Chappaquidick Island, Mass., on July 19, 1969, when the car ran off a bridge into Poucha Pond. Kennedy escaped the accident and Kopechne drowned. The accident happened shortly after the pair left a party together sometime after 11 p.m.

Kopechnie, 28, was a secretary at the time.

The Kopechnies lived in New Jersey at the time of their daughter's death. In 1973 they moved back to Pennsylvania and lived in Laurel Springs in Swiftwater for 28 years until they moved to East Stroudsburg, according to Pocono Record archives.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>The Philadelphia Inquirer reported that the Kopechnes received a $141,000 settlement from Kennedy's insurance company after their daughter's death.</span>

Gwen L. Kopechne died Dec. 20, 2007. She was 89 and was living in Valley Crest Nursing Home in Wilkes-Barre.

Born in Edwardsville, she was raised in the Wilkes-Barre area and was married to Joseph Kopechne for more than 60 years.

She was a homemaker throughout her life and much loved by many relatives and friends, according to her obituary. The obituary mentions Gwen and Joe's only child, MaryJo Kopechne, who predeceased her in 1969.

Joseph A. Kopechne was 90 when he died on Dec. 24, 2003, in Stroud Manor Nursing Home in East Stroudsburg.

Born in Forty Fort, he served in the Civilian Conservation Corps in 1935 and 1936. During World War II, he worked at the shipyards in New Jersey.

He worked for Washington National Life Insurance Company most of his life and lived in New Jersey during that period. He was a life member of the Knights of Columbus and attended Our Lady of Victory Roman Catholic Church, Tannersville. </div></div>

From what I can find ... the Kennedy family never paid the Kopechne family a dime out of their own pockets.

Shame on anyone who would dare defend such a scoundrel.

LWW

sack316
11-12-2010, 06:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
While Little Laura, has been basking in all of that Nazi and oil money, sitting on her arse, reading, and being waited on, all paid for with our tax dollars, and Prescott's Nazi money, of course....Smile-wave-nod-eat-read Laura, the only First Lady who nevere could quite find any mission or project, she cared enough to get up off that fat arse, and commit to....

G.

</div></div>

Maybe she should have established the Women's Health and Wellness Initiative.

Or serve as an ambassador for The Heart Truth's campaign to raise awareness for heart disease in women.

Or spoken out against oppression of women in Afghanistan.

Or opened institutes specially geared toward's womens health.

Or taken goodwill trips to Africa to focus on HIV/AIDS.

Or been quoted as saying she didn't think Roe v. Wade should be overturned.

Or when asked about gay marriage: "...when couples are committed to each other and love each other...they ought to have the same sort of rights that everyone has."

If we could ever find a woman to do those things, I'm sure she'd be someone you'd be pretty proud of. Unless she just happened to be a republican and/or married to the wrong man I suppose.

Sack

Deeman3
11-12-2010, 07:17 PM
Sack,

What a thoughtful and good post! If her awful husband had not given more to Africa for AIDS than President before or since, and was a Democrat, he might not be classified as a racist either.

pooltchr
11-12-2010, 07:48 PM
Sometimes, unfortunately, pure hatred overpowers common sense and the ability to see reality.

It's really quite sad.

Steve

Qtec
11-12-2010, 08:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but Q gave a truncated version of the article which didn't explain the entire story. </div></div>

Did I not give you the link so you read it for yourself?

I gave the <u>gist</u> of the story.......look it up.

Q................another pathetic reply.

Qtec
11-12-2010, 08:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree. Felony charges impact anybody's employment. What is so special about this guy?

Steve </div></div>

The guy manages a billion $ hedge fund. You don't think these rich investors in his account don't have any influence?

Q.....its so obvious.

wolfdancer
11-12-2010, 10:23 PM
according to that l'il news addition then, it supposedly validates the decision not to file criminal charges???? (WTF)...I read into that item,..... that he is just too ******* important to be prosecuted. I thought that only Steven Seagal was "above the law"
I'm sure that he has many unencumbered assets, that could be seized and sold off to compensate the people impacted by his reckless and careless "defensive" driving.
"I got a Mercedes....get out of my way"
and they could also attach any future earnings....as he won't be rotting in jail for life...
It reminds me of the incident, reported in the SF newspaper, some years back...a lady driving a Mercedes, and wanting to make a "right on red" turn, was blowing her horn impatiently...
"I got a Mercedes, get out of my ******* way"
at a blind pedestrian who was crossing the street legally with the light in his favor, the "Walk" light showing.
True story...

eg8r
11-13-2010, 01:26 AM
We did not say they didn't have any influence. What we said was we do not freaking care, throw the book at this jerk if he is really at fault.

eg8r

LWW
11-13-2010, 06:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but Q gave a truncated version of the article which didn't explain the entire story. </div></div>

Did I not give you the link so you read it for yourself?

I gave the <u>gist</u> of the story.......look it up.

Q................another pathetic reply. </div></div>

Yes ... you did make another pathetic reply.

You also titled the thread "double standards....the poor guy is f........" when in fact the decision was based on attempting to make sure the guilty paid for the victim's lifetime care.

Again, I don't entirely agree with the logic ... the decision was made to insure the victim was made as whole as is possible at this point.

Had the thread been about a guy escaping criminal penalty ... I would agree.

LWW

LWW
11-13-2010, 06:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another Gee myth dies on the blade of truth.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pocono family was center of Kennedy Chappaquidick controversy

August 27,2009

A Pocono family lost their daughter in a tragic accident at Chappaquiddick, in a car driven by Sen. Edward Kennedy in 1969.

Mary Jo Kopechne's parents moved to the Poconos after her death in 1969. She was the passenger in a car driven by Sen. Edward Kennedy on Chappaquidick Island, Mass., on July 19, 1969, when the car ran off a bridge into Poucha Pond. Kennedy escaped the accident and Kopechne drowned. The accident happened shortly after the pair left a party together sometime after 11 p.m.

Kopechnie, 28, was a secretary at the time.

The Kopechnies lived in New Jersey at the time of their daughter's death. In 1973 they moved back to Pennsylvania and lived in Laurel Springs in Swiftwater for 28 years until they moved to East Stroudsburg, according to Pocono Record archives.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>The Philadelphia Inquirer reported that the Kopechnes received a $141,000 settlement from Kennedy's insurance company after their daughter's death.</span>

Gwen L. Kopechne died Dec. 20, 2007. She was 89 and was living in Valley Crest Nursing Home in Wilkes-Barre.

Born in Edwardsville, she was raised in the Wilkes-Barre area and was married to Joseph Kopechne for more than 60 years.

She was a homemaker throughout her life and much loved by many relatives and friends, according to her obituary. The obituary mentions Gwen and Joe's only child, MaryJo Kopechne, who predeceased her in 1969.

Joseph A. Kopechne was 90 when he died on Dec. 24, 2003, in Stroud Manor Nursing Home in East Stroudsburg.

Born in Forty Fort, he served in the Civilian Conservation Corps in 1935 and 1936. During World War II, he worked at the shipyards in New Jersey.

He worked for Washington National Life Insurance Company most of his life and lived in New Jersey during that period. He was a life member of the Knights of Columbus and attended Our Lady of Victory Roman Catholic Church, Tannersville. </div></div>

From what I can find ... the Kennedy family never paid the Kopechne family a dime out of their own pockets.

Shame on anyone who would dare defend such a scoundrel.

LWW </div></div>

And, again, not a single worshipper at the Kult of Kriminal Kennedys will denounce Teddy for his sins nor denounce Gee for her dispensation of disinformation in his defense.

LWW

Gayle in MD
11-13-2010, 08:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

G.

</div></div>

Maybe she should have established the Women's Health and Wellness Initiative.

<span style="color: #CC0000">Which failed, and had no financial support. </span>

Or serve as an ambassador for The Heart Truth's campaign to raise awareness for heart disease in women.

<span style="color: #CC0000"> Or, she put her book down and made a couple of commercials? OMG, such a hard worker that al.</span>

Or spoken out against oppression of women in Afghanistan.

<span style="color: #CC0000">So what, all women politicians do that. did she actually DO anything to prevent it???? Not that I know of, didn't raise a damn dollar to help them. </span>

Or opened institutes specially geared toward's womens health.

<span style="color: #CC0000">Opened? Show me. I know of no mney she spent, or collected, to help anyone. </span>

Or taken goodwill trips to Africa to focus on HIV/AIDS.

<span style="color: #CC0000">LOL, I included travel, in my list. All first ladies "Travel" only one, is condemned for it. </span>
Or been quoted as saying she didn't think Roe v. Wade should be overturned.

<span style="color: #CC0000">She never did that a single time, when she was in a position to do anything to promote a woma's Right To Choose, not once, as First Lady. </span>
Or when asked about gay marriage: "...when couples are committed to each other and love each other...they ought to have the same sort of rights that everyone has."

<span style="color: #CC0000">Again, never said aa word until there was no [politicalo p[rice to pay. Never opened her mouth on the subject, until she was out of the White House. What courage! </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

If we could ever find a woman to do those things, I'm sure she'd be someone you'd be pretty proud of. Unless she just happened to be a republican and/or married to the wrong man I suppose.

Sack </div></div>

<span style="color: #CC0000">After reading your "List" i'd say you should back off of accusing anyone of being a partisan in their statements, and particularly any accolades, on First Ladies....most of your "Points" are not even accurate.... </span>

Gayle in MD
11-13-2010, 08:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deeman3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sack,

What a thoughtful and good post! If her awful husband had not given more to Africa for AIDS than President before or since, and was a Democrat, he might not be classified as a racist either. </div></div>

Oh yeah, Bush is such a humanitarian, LMAO! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Just ask New Orleanians....

sack316
11-13-2010, 09:04 AM
LOL, OK Gayle

Sack

pooltchr
11-13-2010, 09:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, OK Gayle

Sack </div></div>

Her last name is Bush. For that reason only, Gayle will never give her credit for anything.

Steve

sack316
11-13-2010, 09:20 AM
Yep, think you may be right Steve. Oh well, Laura's approval ratings... even in the worst days of her time as first lady... say enough. If only all first ladies could be so useless and awful.

Sack

Gayle in MD
11-13-2010, 09:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep, think you may be right Steve. Oh well, Laura's approval ratings... even in the worst days of her time as first lady... say enough. If only all first ladies could be so useless and awful.

Sack </div></div>

Awful, she wasn't. Useful???? No Way.

LWW
11-13-2010, 04:39 PM
After reading your horribly spelled rant I can picture you typing at breakneck speed with spittle splattering against your screen.

Any comments on why you fabricated an excuse for Teddy ... or are you acting like nobody noticed?

LWW