PDA

View Full Version : Obama honors veterans of Indonesia ...

LWW
11-12-2010, 04:00 AM
... while ignoring US veterans.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WASHINGTON -- Today is Veterans Day. Do you know where your president is?

With his feeble flame of "hope" thoroughly doused here in the United States by last week's elections, President Obama has set out around the globe in search of throngs still enthralled by his flowery rhetoric.
He found them, of course, in Indonesia this week by telling them about how Americans must stop mistrusting Islam.

So that is why your president is halfway around the world instead of being here in the United States to celebrate the sacrifices American soldiers, sailors and airmen have made around the world to keep the real, still-burning flame of freedom alive.

Obama honored our veterans from afar by laying a wreath during a ceremony at an Army base in South Korea last night.

That is a distance from here matched only by the chasm that has opened up between him and the voters who elected him two years ago.

This aloofness of his really is becoming a problem.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Not that Obama doesn't appreciate the sacrifices of veterans. He absolutely does. Just ask the Indonesians.</span>

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>He was in Jakarta for their Heroes Day this week to honor their veterans "who have sacrificed on behalf of this great country."</span>

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>"This great country," of course, being Indonesia.</span>

"When my stepfather was a boy, he watched his own father and older brother leave home to fight and die in the struggle for Indonesian independence," Obama told the audience.

And the White House wonders why so many people think there is something foreign about this guy.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/bam_awol_on_vets_day_IxEoyioHbtjAsNjGmbZoIP#ixzz15 3pDwDC9</div></div>

Mr President, it is time. You have disgraced the nation enough. Please do the right thing and resign your position and let the nation begin to heal.

LWW

sack316
11-12-2010, 09:37 AM
I've got to defend Obama on this one. He was in South Korea, yes. He also layed a wreath on a war memorial over there. Spent time visiting with US troops stationed overseas. And honored our vets at Yongsan during a speech in front of a large number of soldiers from all branches of service.

He did fine yesterday, even while be afar. Nothing to get up in arms about.

Sack

eg8r
11-12-2010, 10:01 AM
I would have not expected anything less. I don't see the guy as evil or wanting to destroy America.

eg8r

LWW
11-12-2010, 10:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got to defend Obama on this one. He was in South Korea, yes. He also layed a wreath on a war memorial over there. Spent time visiting with US troops stationed overseas. And honored our vets at Yongsan during a speech in front of a large number of soldiers from all branches of service.

Sack </div></div>

Name the last POTUS to not appear before a veterans group on veteran's day.

Better yet ... name the last POTUS to travel across the world to honor vererans of another nation while not appearing before a group of US vets.

LWWLWW

pooltchr
11-12-2010, 11:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I don't see the guy as ...wanting to destroy America.

eg8r </div></div>

I would have to disagree.

Steve

eg8r
11-12-2010, 01:07 PM
That is what is great about this country.

Nothing he has done has shown me he wants to destroy the place where he lives. What do you think he gains by ruining the US?

eg8r

sack316
11-12-2010, 03:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got to defend Obama on this one. He was in South Korea, yes. He also layed a wreath on a war memorial over there. Spent time visiting with US troops stationed overseas. And honored our vets at Yongsan during a speech in front of a large number of soldiers from all branches of service.

Sack </div></div>

Name the last POTUS to not appear before a veterans group on veteran's day.

Better yet ... name the last POTUS to travel across the world to honor vererans of another nation while not appearing before a group of US vets.

LWWLWW </div></div>

But that's just it... he WAS before a group a veterans. Maybe it wasn't stateside, and maybe 99% of those he spoke to/in front of weren't around for the Korean war or Vietnam... but I bet you a good portion of those in attendance there are also Iraq/Afghanistan vets. And those serving there currently in South Korea... well we may not be at war, but it also not the most peaceful place to be wearing a US military uniform either.

Sorry, but IMHO his day yesterday was perfectly honorable and in line with what Veteran's day is about. Maybe it's unfortunate he was thousands of miles away from "home" to do so... but it's also unfortunate those soldiers he visited with are that far away too... every single day.

Sack

Gayle in MD
11-12-2010, 03:20 PM
Tap Tap Tap!

G.

wolfdancer
11-12-2010, 03:28 PM
a very fair and unbiased post, Sack.
No one should, on Veterans Day, a day we pay homage to our past, present, and fallen heroes.....try to push the vets into the background, as they try to make some political statement...instead of just honoring their sacrifice.

eg8r
11-13-2010, 01:12 AM
Sack I agree completely.

eg8r

LWW
11-13-2010, 03:23 AM
No ... he was before a congregation of active duty.

On Veteran's Day the POTUS should be at Arlington or a similar site ... and not honoring the war heroes of the country he seems to consider home.

LWW

sack316
11-13-2010, 08:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No ... he was before a congregation of active duty.
</div></div>

OK... and those are veterans too!

As defined by federal law:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A veteran is defined by federal law, moral code and military service as "Any, Any, Any"... A military veteran is Any person who served for Any length of time in Any military service branch. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
On Veteran's Day the POTUS should be at Arlington or a similar site ... </div></div>

I have relatives that served and fought in the Korean War. I have an ex girlfriend and several other friends that were stationed there for four years. Some would say the Yongsan War Memorial, in many ways, would be considered a similar site. Also, many of those soldiers buried in Arlington (where you would have liked Obama to have been) gave their lives right there in Korea (where he was).

There's plenty we can criticize Obama about that I'd be right there with you on. But sorry, this just isn't one of those things.

Sack

LWW
11-14-2010, 03:57 AM
We will have to agree to disagree, but by definition one who "HAS SERVED" is one who is not still serving.

In any event, it is perhaps an example that we have set here that two people can actually disagree without descending into the sophomoric gutter that so many conversations here devolve into.

LWW

hondo
11-14-2010, 06:56 AM
I'm very sorry you missed out on all our wars. A shame, because I'm sure you would have been great in combat. But at least
you do your part by trashing Obama at every opportunity.

God bless you, sir, and God bless America.

LWW
11-14-2010, 07:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm very sorry you missed out on all our wars.</div></div>

I'm not.

In fact I wish war could be abolished entirely, and thanks for adding nothing to the discussion.

LWW

hondo
11-14-2010, 07:36 AM
Au contraire, my fine feathered friend, I made my point.
You just missed it as usual.

sack316
11-14-2010, 08:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We will have to agree to disagree, but by definition one who "HAS SERVED" is one who is not still serving.</div></div>

I suppose we will on this one. I have numerous friends who are veterans of Iraq/Afghanistan that are also still active duty. I just couldn't imagine not considering them in the same class based simply on active duty status, personally.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In any event, it is perhaps an example that we have set here that two people can actually disagree without descending into the sophomoric gutter that so many conversations here devolve into.

LWW </div></div>

That we indeed have done.

Sack

LWW
11-14-2010, 10:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Au contraire, my fine feathered friend, I made my point.
You just missed it as usual. </div></div>

Your "MAIL POUCH" cap hides your point well.

LWW

hondo
11-14-2010, 10:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We will have to agree to disagree, but by definition one who "HAS SERVED" is one who is not still serving.</div></div>

I suppose we will on this one. I have numerous friends who are veterans of Iraq/Afghanistan that are also still active duty. I just couldn't imagine not considering them in the same class based simply on active duty status, personally.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In any event, it is perhaps an example that we have set here that two people can actually disagree without descending into the sophomoric gutter that so many conversations here devolve into.

LWW </div></div>

That we indeed have done.

Sack </div></div>
I have tried to make peace as litte as two days ago with
jennings and lww and they responded with venom.
Don't let him bullshit you, Sack. You can read their responses.

LWW
11-14-2010, 10:09 AM
And in all honesty, had this POTUS not taken a completely anti military personnel stance so many times it wouldn't be such a big deal to me.

My guess is that he was attempting to avoid another gaffe such as "CORPSEMAN" or not understanding that "FALLEN HERO" meant KIA.

LWW

hondo
11-14-2010, 10:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Au contraire, my fine feathered friend, I made my point.
You just missed it as usual. </div></div>

Your "MAIL POUCH" cap hides your point well.

LWW </div></div>

In any event, it is perhaps an example that we have set here that two people can actually disagree without descending into the sophomoric gutter that so many conversations here devolve into.

LWW